• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

That's really surprising given Bethesda's track record.

Personally I would take two Souls games a year easily. I won't ever get bored or full of them for a long , long time.
Gimme more!
I'm kinda surprised at how many Souls games/Soulslikes From is making lately, and do worry that they're going to burn out their own niche trying to keep up with the demand.

At the same time, I'm imagining a world where Persona games aren't once-a-
previous
-generation and see where you're coming from.

First time doing this, hope I've done it right. Set it to 24hrs to give everyone who wants to, a chance to enter.

Looks like you're doing it right. Thanks for offering this!

Devil´s Turd / 35 Minutes *ONLINE Gameplay* + Character customization

50a47e79afa96f1ff40012e4.gif

i wonder if the PC version will be that bad

jFQx19D.gif

Quick impressions for Mind Snares: Alice's Journey (Has anyone else noticed that virtually every hidden object game needs a colon in it?)

You play entrepreneur Alice Dahl (Holy hell! She has a name AND she's not a detective!) who is basically relaying the secret of her success to an interviewer. It starts with her fretting over her current job to her husband, Jack, who encourages her to quit and follow her dream of opening a bookstore/cafe. One car accident later, she goes through a journey inside her own mind where she has to face various internal obstacles. I'll give credit where it's due: for a hidden object game it's pretty creative and original. It's a bit heavy-handed in places, but then again video games in general are not known for their subtlety. There was only one disappointing part where the antagonist tells her she will lose someone important to her, and I'm thinking "Oh crap, are they setting up some kind of third-act tragedy, like her husband dies or divorces her, or her CHILD dies or something?! Shit is about to get REAL!" ...Turns out it was much less interesting. Also, did she really tell the interviewer all that? "And then I fastened a pair of pruning shears with a screw in order to cut these roses."

The gameplay was decent. No bullshit to be had, except for a few tropes that are showing up - all these female protagonists require a glove at some point because they don't want to touch something with their bare hands. It's just a moldy blanket, woman, suck it up! Anyway, the minigames are still getting repetitive as I play more of these games, but it's hard to fault one individual game for that, and the hidden object scenes were fair and decently challenging. The way it's set up is somewhat linear, with four sets of areas to go through (similar to House of 1000 Doors) which means some of its inventory puzzles are some "okay this goes here, I get new item which goes here, next item collected and goes here" with not much thought into it. Once again, this could only be because I'm an old hand at them.

The voice acting is pretty good in this (I guess Kristin Price wasn't available) and the graphics are better than average.

The length is just shy of three hours, and JUST as I write that sentence, the idling for the third card has ended at 3.3 hours. It's a little below average, but it felt longer because the story carried it along well.

All in all, despite being a bit short, there are no major problems with this one. So if you run across it again, don't just idle it for cards, play it! (...and THEN idle it for cards!)

Arthea

Oh god, HyperDuck SoundWorks did the score for Penny Arcade 4?

People, get on the game, really. Screw Uematsu, screw Sakimoto, screw Shimomura, this is the real deal!

you screw Uematsu only over my dead body, Knurek

First time doing this, hope I've done it right. Set it to 24hrs to give everyone who wants to, a chance to enter.

hopefully whoever wins this, plays right away that I have someone to talk about it in the steam thread.

nice giveaway, btw

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I need help with one thing: I can't change my mail address on Rockstar Social Club. Fact is, the email address on the site is old and I have no access to it anymore (I used that to register GTAIV years ago), if I try to change it, I receive a message saying this feature is disabled. And this happens from MONTHS, now.

EDIT:

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...Unable-to-Change-Email-Address-on-Social-Club

So in order to protect user, they disabled the feature...but if a scammer know your mail, I think he can change the password too, or asking a reset.

Submit a support ticket.

Sch1sm

No lurker. You've done it right. Good giveaway.
I'm not entering because I will never understand these games.

-----

Starting Freedom Planet today. I'm just about halfway through the 52 games challenge now, I think, which is better than anticipated since I had a 3 month pause.

Ultimately decided to stop buying bundle trash I'll never play yesterday, with how long it took me to decide what game I'm trying next. +1 isn't worth it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

No lurker. You've done it right. Good giveaway.
I'm not entering because I will never understand these games.

-----

Starting Freedom Planet today. I'm just about halfway through the 52 games challenge now, I think, which is better than anticipated since I had a 3 month pause.

Ultimately decided to stop buying bundle trash I'll never play yesterday, with how long it took me to decide what game I'm trying next. +1 isn't worth it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I hear you. My random bundle buying has slowed like crazy. It sort of dawned on me when I realized every post I make anymore somehow mentions how little progress I'm making in the Witcher 3, and that's a game I'm actively interested in.

With the new Metal Gear being open world, I'm neck deep in time sinks. Then I go and try out Rocket League...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I finished Valiant Hearts last night and I really enjoyed it. I loved the ending and how
knocking your superior over the head came very natural. He sent men to their doom for the entire last level, so when he turns his back on you... I didn't think twice about my actions. I then replayed the prologue and noticed it had a very similar structure to the last level: he's already there pointing a gun at you.

I also they think they found a good balance in enforcing the heavy parts about the war (like
using a pile of bodies as cover, ouch
), but make it less heavy with the cartoon artstyle and the overall sense of humor. The taxi chases in sync with the music were great examples of that. Of course for me The Great War hits close to home as the 100 year anniversary gets a lot of attention here. I live near Ypres in Belgium which was one of the more important battlegrounds and also gets a level in the game.

This game sets a good example... Shows you can be entertaining and informative at the same time. Never Alone also did this recently with all the cultural vid docs they added.

I just remembered how stupid difficult it is to 100% Dark Souls 2. Max devotion in like 3 covenants? When most of the covenants require online participation?

Well I'm screwed. Only missing the 'collect all the **' achievements too. Bummer.

that's like the reverse of my playtime with the souls games

...you put almost 90 hours into a 'disappointing' game.

what?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I just remembered how stupid difficult it is to 100% Dark Souls 2. Max devotion in like 3 covenants? When most of the covenants require online participation?

Well I'm screwed. Only missing the 'collect all the **' achievements too. Bummer.
What? I've got all achievements in DSII and the only covenant i've "completed" was that dungeon delving one. Dark Abyss? Something like that.
It did require 2 1/2 playthroughs.

Harusame

The ATR gave almost nothing and that's after them saying that they wouldn't show at E3 because they wanted something substantial to show.

I only watched a tiny bit of the stream, however, I am slightly concerned of how the final product of FFXV will turn out when launched.

Grief.exe

You can skip that by getting to NG++ and buying the covenant items from the butler.

It's kind of a grind at the end to be honest because unlockingnthe castle is the majority of the game.

Marow

The ATR gave almost nothing and that's after them saying that they wouldn't show at E3 because they wanted something substantial to show.
I hope Square Enix rethinks their strategy for the next Final Fantasy title, because something clearly isn't working.

FloatOn

...you put almost 90 hours into a 'disappointing' game.

what?

I wanted to believe.... but then I fought the color swapped blue smelter demon in the second DLC and I nearly flipped a table.

I may give it another shot at some point because I'm a glutton for punishment.

I need to know Chariot and Arthea's opinion on this matter. The game is so far away it's not funny. Don't be surprised if it's delayed to late 2016/early 2017

LOL

Dr Dogg

Please be excited indeed.

At this rate just throw XV out the door as it's never going to live up to expectations, even those with lowish ones, and move onto XVI...

Or just get FFXIIHD out the door, maybe a Tactics compilation and knock the series on the head.

the funny thing is that if they can't get FFXV right, I really would like to see how much of a shitshow KH3 and FFVIIr are gonna end up being.

Mind you i havent seen this new trailer or demo that seems to have upset some folks but I don't see FFVX being worse than FFXIII. I know, it's a low bar, but i have to have some hope.

Seaklng

Banned
Valiant Hearts really was a beautiful game. Informative and entertaining, just like you said.

Personally, the dog brought about an added layer of emotions, while still softening the blow of the whole game. I imagine they functioned the same for the men who fought, bringing a nice distraction, while serving an important purpose.

Harusame

Speaking of Final Fantasy, I am looking forward to trying FF type-0 when it releases on steam on the 18th, however, I do worry about the performance issues it may have on PC, considering the last few JRPG ports to PC

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Speaking of Final Fantasy, I am looking forward to trying FF type-0 when it releases on steam on the 18th, however, I do worry about the performance issues it may have on PC, considering the last few JRPG ports to PC

It's locked to 30 fps because of physics tied to framerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom