• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
those who have upgraded to win10: does your steam library still work etc? Or do you have to re-install everything?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Tcs2RlI.jpg

Tanita: A Plasticine Dream

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
those who have upgraded to win10: does your steam library still work etc? Or do you have to re-install everything?

I didn't even bother reinstalling Steam itself. It did complain about not being installed properly, but about five seconds later it loaded up anyway and has been running fine since.

The question was regarding to "i wont come back after 3 days like some other members" ;)

Niiiiice.

Ozi! Welcome back! glad to see you are back.

Quiet you.

Does this include by USB?

It should.
It's not really different than the batch file approach that's already out there -- though instead of surgically addressing the problem, it just sticks a few bricks of c4 to the issue and blows it to Hell and back.

wait... I thought that no FF games are on Nuuvem, for some reason. They are?

Yes, they are.

chronomac

Any question on maybe W10 experts here.

Somehow my PC loses its HDMI-Audio sometimes. So it could be that in the morning I can have audio from my TV, then in the evening I dont have it and I have to restart the PC:
When I have those issues and try to see in the audio properties, it still shows that my TV should have sound, but when I test it out, it shows, that some other device is using it.
I am actually not sure though if its because of W10 or the AMD Beta driver :(

I initially had issues with my sound through HDMI and had to go to the audio settings and disable the Realtek HD option, leaving only the HDMI. I don't remember the specifics since I'm not near my PC at the moment.

Final Fantasy games on Nuuvem are probably store locked (you'll need a VPN to see them)

Prices are quite similar to normal Steam prices though (with a few exceptions)

I initially had issues with my sound through HDMI and had to go to the audio settings and disable the Realtek HD option, leaving only the HDMI. I don't remember the specifics since I'm not near my PC at the moment.

Same here ,some conflict drivers error when click on sound icon.

Thanks. Will try that and install the new normal AMD driver tomorrow. Hope it fixes the issue.

Backlogger

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

ENSLAVED Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-D7013BD03173B2DE - Taken by anastef

Any question on maybe W10 experts here.

Somehow my PC loses its HDMI-Audio sometimes. So it could be that in the morning I can have audio from my TV, then in the evening I dont have it and I have to restart the PC:
When I have those issues and try to see in the audio properties, it still shows that my TV should have sound, but when I test it out, it shows, that some other device is using it.
I am actually not sure though if its because of W10 or the AMD Beta driver :(

I had all sorts of weird issues with that for a while too on my second monitor under 8.1 but not under 7 with it's built-in speakers. Turned out I hadn't installed the correct monitor driver. It was relying on the the driver for the other monitor p2250 v p2370HD.

Also when it comes to TVs, make sure you tell win10 it's the default device at least once, sometimes it can lose track of the device to send sound to. Right-click the speaker symbol in the tray->playback devices->select device you want as default. It's usually smart enough to work out on it's own but you know...

ZTxVZmv.gif

Just finished watching the new MGS:pP demo. Incredibly surprised. Up until now I was planning on disregarding foultoning and building up base much. just wanted to play the story.
But after seeing how immense your base and forward operating base can become and how innovative and interesting invasions can be, I am firmly convinced I am gonna try to foulton every little sheep, haha.

Dang, would have been nice to play it not years later.

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh that invansions video on mgs5 felt staged like a ubisoft video, so i'm guessing real invasions aren't gonna be nearly as creative and exciting

and also i feel it's just annoying if you're like in the middle of a mission, rescuing paz or whatever (i didn't play gz or pw so just saying something random) and suddenly it's like "hey go save your base from xXxWeedWizard420xXx!"

I need more footage of the hit reactions, those were nice.

Specifically, I want to see some horse combat. And some decapitations.

i just want the game to be done sooner ;_;

Yeah that's what I also determined after doing research on my own. Glad to see an article that sums it all up.
Still would only recommend W10 to people comfortable with changing settings, which is only a select fraction of people tbh.

I'm not even opposed to them scraping for data if everything is anonymous. The thing is free but i'm not under the illusions that anything is ever really free.

It's just the part where I don't trust that they're capable of keeping my usage data anonymous. They haven't earned that from me and even with me turning a lot of that stuff off I still don't trust that they're not mining me for data.

Except win10 also forces updates...
You guys know about the boiling frog concept right. (just look at the xbox 360 dashboard evolution over the years)

I think it's naive to not expect more (and gradual) changes in this direction , and for them to 'patch' out the privacy toggles over the years with updates, updates that you will be forced to install.

Also on forced updates: anyone with a ps3 will know what that can lead to (removal of otherOS, constantly fucking with the core applications , breaking shit and you all have to deal with it because you have zero control over it)
The idea of giving up that control on PC makes me shudder, pc is an open platform, any attempt to close it down in any way or form (or any steps taken to closing it down more) should be spat out by the community.

Just finished watching the new MGS:pP demo. Incredibly surprised. Up until now I was planning on disregarding foultoning and building up base much. just wanted to play the story.
But after seeing how immense your base and forward operating base can become and how innovative and interesting invasions can be, I am firmly convinced I am gonna try to foulton every little sheep, haha.

Dang, would have been nice to play it not years later.

Yeah, I thought the Mother Base stuff was just going to be a cute add-on like AssCreed Villa or Inquisitions Skyhold. Pleasantly surprised they basically turned it into it's own game. It looked fucking massive at the end. Really cool stuff.

Is it September 1st yet? I'll have to see if I have any extra vacation days left...

Can you not get it for a good price on GAF?

I believe it's a "my PC might explode if I try to run this" issue.

Dr Dogg

FOB seems like a really cool idea that's just going to piss me off. Kind of like PvP in Dark Souls.

Oddly as each game has gone on I've gotten invaded less and less. Even more odd is that I imported Demon's Souls so was playing with NA peeps on my shitty internet connection but getting swamped with invasions, more than when I got the EU version 7 or so months later. Dark Souls was due to playing that on 360 first and shitty internet come PC time and Dark Souls II hardly ever been invaded outside of Covenants.

All threads that are even slightly related to Souls usually turn to shit. People are very passionate about these things it seems. I kind of dislike the SoulsGAF more than I dislike MGSGAF or say FFGAF. They are all awful, but SoulsGAF somehow takes the cake.

That's because they're not SoulsGAF but BorneGAF? BloodGAF? Oh what ever this joke doesn't really work and a lot of them are a bunch of nit picking buggers regardless that would rather defend their beloved franchise to the death than want to have a discussion about someone's gripes with it.

Me too but fat chance of that any time soon sadly.

Can you not get it for a good price on GAF?

Depends on if you consider $35 a good price.

Final Fantasy games on Nuuvem are probably store locked (you'll need a VPN to see them)

Prices are quite similar to normal Steam prices though (with a few exceptions)

Hmmm, most expensive in the ones that appear without VPN in the US is $10.75.
The same game (FF13-2) is $16 by default in the US steam storefront, making it a >33% discount. FF13 is $15.99 in the US storefront and $8.79 on Nuuvem. FF8 is $7.07 on Nuuvem instead of $11.99 in the Steam storefront.

I wouldn't call those "similar to normal steam prices". Maybe "similar to but in some cases not as good as normal steam sale prices."

Phinor

Still would only recommend W10 to people comfortable with changing settings, which is only a select fraction of people tbh.

I wish Windows 10 actually had settings to change but half of the things I want to change are not options anymore without custom solutions. It's just an endless list of big and mostly small things I'd like to change. Here's a stupid example: calc doesn't accept "," (comma) as a decimal separator anymore. We don't use period here, we use comma (and it defaults to comma in Windows regional settings too), but calc doesn't seem to support that idea anymore. It used to in every previous Windows I can remember. It's a small thing, but when there are a hundred small issues like that, it starts to feel a bit annoying.

There's obviously a solution to that particular problem: don't use Windows calc. Seems to be the solution to many issues. Just don't use the features in Windows 10 and go for 3rd party software.

Published by focus so might get a pc release.

holy shit
i just saw this trailer for a game called SHINESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDYCPXjJ8As

its Xenoblade with anime
this is the prefect gameplay for fairy tail

they don't sounds japanese ? is this made up language ?

Jeez, you guys are uninformed.

Shiness is most certainly getting a PC release. It even had a Steam store page too until the game was delayed and they took it down.

https://steamdb.info/app/366640/

Damn you and your quickness.

DISCLAIMER: I already own this. Let's hope that by checking what the key is for that I didn't actually redeem it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metro: Last Light Redux -- MB-EE21E78CD9C6D31B - Taken by fertygo. 32 entrants total.

t1438883059z1.png

Depends on if you consider $35 a good price.

Hmmm, most expensive in the ones that appear without VPN in the US is $10.75.
The same game (FF13-2) is $16 by default in the US steam storefront, making it a >33% discount. FF13 is $15.99 in the US storefront and $8.79 on Nuuvem. FF8 is $7.07 on Nuuvem instead of $11.99 in the Steam storefront.

I wouldn't call those "similar to normal steam prices". Maybe "similar to but in some cases not as good as normal steam sale prices."

Mea culpa. I got a thingie that converts reais to dollars and must be converting the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom