• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRamen

Here's something that Steam should implement that's simply better on consoles.

Allow a second player to log in with his own account to get achievements and get his name displayed properly instead of "GAFHaunted(1) or Guest1".

Example: I can locally play Rocket League with my friend on his PS4 and we're both using our respective PSN accounts because I can log in with my account on his PS4 (without signing him out). If I locally play Rocket League with my friend on PC, only one of us can be logged in with the proper account, the other is a nameless guest.

I heartily agree. I have a similar Rocket League PC story. Had Valve ever said whether or not that is something they would allow?

Dr Dogg

Yeap this is just getting ridiculous. Tons of guards stay highlighted after Eagle Vision, Evie can stand in the middle of the road and nobody can't notice her just because.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6veO6Z_5nI

It's AssCreed, we've done more stupidly obvious things in the past and no one bats and eye. Granted her Chameleon ability does seem a tad far fetched but I'm sure there's some Animus related trickery to explain that away. Or is it Helix powered tech from now on?

dex3108

It's AssCreed, we've done more stupidly obvious things in the past and no one bats and eye. Granted her Chameleon ability does seem a tad far fetched but I'm sure there's some Animus related trickery to explain that away. Or is it Helix powered tech from now on?

Guy on that video explained that she slows her breathing and that way she blends with environment. No Animus/Helix magic.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon

IUmOrTG.jpg

Caerith

Guy on that video explained that she slows her breathing and that way she blends with environment. No Animus/Helix magic.

That's how it worked in Black Flag. Edward slowed his breathing and was able to sail directly into the wind and give his crew +50% bullet resistance. I love how this series focuses on realism and historicity.

dex3108

BTW Mad Max System Requirements from Steam page

MINIMUM:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-650, 3.2 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 Ghz
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660ti (2 GB Memory or higher) or AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2 GB Memory or higher)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive: 32 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (3 GB Memory or higher) or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (3 GB Memory or higher)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Last Baron, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metro: Last Light Redux -- MB-EE21E78CD9C6D31B - Taken by fertygo. 32 entrants total.

t1438883059z1.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

MINIMUM:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-650, 3.2 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 Ghz
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660ti (2 GB Memory or higher) or AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2 GB Memory or higher)

RECOMMENDED:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (3 GB Memory or higher) or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (3 GB Memory or higher)

Those is pretty low system requirements, seems promising.

Though as always the AMD cards is more powerful than the nvidia cards in requirements.

xptoxyz

Anyone with Win10 can confirm if the XInput wrapper is working ok? Should be upgrading soonish.

edit: dumb forgot to mention for the DS3

Those is pretty low system requirements, seems promising.

Though as always the AMD cards is more powerful than the nvidia cards in requirements.

After having to change the requirements for Arkham Knight the day before release, WB probably wants to avoid another situation like that

Dr Dogg

Yeah, yeah. I bet she really has a Harry Potter style cape somewhere in her utility belt.

MINIMUM:

RECOMMENDED:

Ha!

It's only Definitive if Moon Studios dump Unity in favour of an engine that doesn't chug every 60th frame on the dot.

Been writing a couple of Steam reviews today.

The Sacred Tears TRUE
The Sacred Tears TRUE is a solid RPG, but has several issues that keep it from achieving greatness.

Harkening back to 90s-style console JRPG's, Sacred Tears puts you in the shoes of Seil and Seana, a pair of friends who've opened their own private investigative office (and struggle to pay the rent on their lavish house) while simultaneously working as members of their city's Thieves Guild. The game starts with the pair involved in a heist that goes south, and barely escaping before their monetary issues come to the forefront. As the main plot goes on, the player is drawn into their quest to steal a "Sacred Tear" (a highly-prized relic) from an art gallery, as well as dealing with machinations from their own guild and a neighbouring province looking to invade.

The best part about the game is that it takes place in a serialized fashion. You can pick and choose whether to carry on with the main story or pick up "side jobs" that often don't have combat, and are usually fetch quests for other people. Interestingly, the dialogue of NPCs you find in the city of Genoseed changes mission-to-mission, which does a great job of investing the player into the world and the characters' lives.

The game also has a battle system, which is where some of the flaws begin to expose themselves. You fight by drawing three cards in a glorified game of rock-paper-scissors, where certain commands (like dodging or attacking) trump other commands. After a certain point (and depending on whether you're overleveled), it becomes less a series of strategic moves and more a question of whether you start with enough attack/high-level cards (only found through new cards revealed during battles) that you can take down a high-level enemy before they kill you.

The music is well-orchestrated and fits with with the 90s aesthetic, but this in turn reveals another problem with the game - there are no graphic/sound options whatsoever. You either have to listen to the same track repeated over and over as you walk through Genoseed, or turn your volume off. Luckily, the game isn't resource-intensive, but it can still be annoying for some people.

The biggest problem I had with the game (and frankly, with a lot of RPGMaker games) is that there's no map to tell you where to go. More than once, I started a mission and had no idea what building I was supposed to go to next, spending time running in and out of districts until I found the place I needed to be.

It doesn't help matters that the game practically requires you to have a guide in order to unlock the last few side missions, which only appear once you amassed $300,000. You pretty much have to scrounge for every secret room, hidden item and way of making money in order to achieve this goal, and I don't expect that many people would be able to do it without a walkthrough.

Likewise, the plot meanders for long periods of time, and the main character (Seil) is a bit of a fool who never really bothers to change his ways or ignores obvious cues people tell him throughout the game. The real star is Seana (who often chastizes you for your habits), who generally keeps things in check when Seil is lost, but doesn't have nearly enough to do in the game.

In the end, Sacred Tears TRUE stands out as a highlight among the glut of RPGMaker clones on Steam, and focuses on a "slice-of-life" story with lots to see, do and explore in an interesting way. It's just a shame that there are some minor issues that keep it from achieving true greatness.

Amzin

It sounds like the Ori thing is a bit misleading. It's DLC/Expansion and the definitive edition will include base game + the expansion. Expansion will be available for owners of the base game to buy. They either just lead with the confusing part or are being misrepresented by media.

Sober

Damn 3D Realms anthology is the daily. Went through and thought I didn't recognize most of the games but damn if I actually didn't play Crystal Caves a fuckton back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom