• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
arggggg
i can't stand the G2A GamesCom Conference
its soo boring and he keep talking about the same shit , then he apologies about when he fucked up ( far cry 4 and AC unity ) and how they reacted quickly
the audience ? its like only the Worker in G2A in there
the rest are from the stream

BTW , i just noticed they have a store in ebay , i wonder if they will return the not working keys

What gamescom conference?

Eanan

arggggg
i can't stand the G2A GamesCom Conference
its soo boring and he keep talking about the same shit , then he apologies about when he fucked up ( far cry 4 and AC unity ) and how they reacted quickly
the audience ? its like only the Worker in G2A in there
the rest are from the stream

BTW , i just noticed they have a store in ebay , i wonder if they will return the not working keys

G2A had its own conference? The key selling website?
Got a link?

Finished The Evil Within. 14.5 hours on survival. It's far from perfect but it's definitely my kind of game. They nailed the atmosphere, gunplay feels great, creature designs outside of the zombies are pretty good, some really intense moments combined with other slower ones where the tension is palpable made for some good pacing.

It has its flaws though.
The worst is the collision detection, I've never seen anything like it, sometimes your shots go right through the enemies, and I mean point blank shots.
I even had a perfectly aligned head-shot with a zoomed-in sniper rifle where I pulled the trigger only to see the bullet hit the wall behind the monster. It happens rather frequently too, crazy how this makes it into a final product.
Some questionable design decisions here and there that can make certain sections frustrating.
As for the story, it's painfully obvious you're not given enough to fully understand it without playing the dlc.
Final chapter is disappointing, final boss fight is the worst in the game.
Technical issues are well known, texture streaming during cutscenes is terrible.
Had to lock it to 30fps since 60 was all over the place.

But you know what? I had a blast with the game. Literally anything can happen because of the way the story is set up and overall I thought it was paced pretty well which made it very entertaining, the atmosphere is so good that it just sucks you in.
Some people had issues with the controls/camera but I think it worked.
I can definitely recommend it to fans of the genre.

I have a boxed (not OEM) copy of Windows 7.
Do you know if my licence is covered when changing the mobo?
What about when I change to Win10?

If you do upgrade to win10 , real upgrade key hidden.Maybe it doesn't even exist since they track your hardware ,track everything :D

Miguel81

Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions! It's on my backlog along with the dlc, but I did have a taste via the demo. As a fellow lover of the RE titles, I'm hoping to enjoy this one as well. The atmosphere is already fantasic from the 3 chapters I did experience.

6nDEGB1.jpg

A.I. Invasion

Why doesn't this have coop? :\

Arthea

Well considering you don't need a Microsoft Account to upgrade or install Windows 10 it's not the de facto authorisation method. But like derExperte said there were some rumblings from Microsoft that licence details would be bound to a Microsoft account but the messaging has been so horible from them as always who knows what the score is.

I was sure you need one, now I am really confused. Are you sure you don't need? Didn't win8 (or was ir 8.1?) already required an account without any option to choose otherwise? That's how I got my third account, actually, wasn't expecting that and hadn't my passwords handy at that time.

Teppic

Bought Contradiction with a 50% coupon. Can't wait to play it. Also got a Wii U with Splatoon and it's a lot of fun to play. Gaming life is good!

You should definitely play the two story dlcs next. They are quite different but really good, especially the final.

I will, waiting for the season pass to hit that 75% ;)

Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions! It's on my backlog along with the dlc, but I did have a taste via the demo. As a fellow lover of the RE titles, I'm hoping to enjoy this one as well. The atmosphere is already fantasic from the 3 chapters I did experience.

If you liked the demo you will definitely enjoy it. It definitely brought back memories of RE4 but don't let that set your expectations too high, just be ready for a great (if a bit unpolished) ride. It's a great survival horror experience. I played on survival and thought the challenge and ammo count was just right to give that challenging survival experience without too much frustration.

MUnited83

For you.
35 dollars for an upcoming anticipated game that would most likely be a great port is not a bad deal.
Yep! But it's interesting how the news of it releasing at the same as consoles increased demand. I was selling like a couple of them each day. The day the news get out, got like 70 PMS about in a couple of hours lol

Oh my, I'll mention this now, Binary Domain has multiple endings and the character relationship system changes some cutscenes and some bigger things later in end-game, without saying too much. I mention this because that scene means you have a higher relationship with Faye right now, and to let you know some scenes will play out very differently depending on your relationship with the characters.
Interesting. Glad I always chose Faye in my party. After I finish the game I'll likely watch alternate cutscenes on Youtube though. Probably not gonna replay anytime soon.
Why don't you just buy a cheap Windows 7 or 8 key and upgrade it?
Will get Win10 likely anyway in future for free, so I can wait.
It was a few weeks? Also change days to 'hours' and you would be correct.

But it seems my beliefs were correct and that I shouldn't post.

I don't know why you left, but you should stick around. Losing peeps isn't a good thing.
Totally agree with Miguel.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Finished The Evil Within. 14.5 hours on survival. It's far from perfect but it's definitely my kind of game. They nailed the atmosphere, gunplay feels great, creature designs outside of the zombies are pretty good, some really intense moments combined with other slower ones where the tension is palpable made for some good pacing.

It has its flaws though.
The worst is the collision detection, I've never seen anything like it, sometimes your shots go right through the enemies, and I mean point blank shots.
I even had a perfectly aligned head-shot with a zoomed-in sniper rifle where I pulled the trigger only to see the bullet hit the wall behind the monster. It happens rather frequently too, crazy how this makes it into a final product.
Some questionable design decisions here and there that can make certain sections frustrating.
As for the story, it's painfully obvious you're not given enough to fully understand it without playing the dlc.
Final chapter is disappointing, final boss fight is the worst in the game.
Technical issues are well known, texture streaming during cutscenes is terrible.
Had to lock it to 30fps since 60 was all over the place.

But you know what? I had a blast with the game. Literally anything can happen because of the way the story is set up and overall I thought it was paced pretty well which made it very entertaining, the atmosphere is so good that it just sucks you in.
Some people had issues with the controls/camera but I think it worked.
I can definitely recommend it to fans of the genre.

The aiming thing may be related to the 'accuracy' trait you can upgrade. Though a weird design decision to make that something to upgrade, I know.

I liked Evil Within also, it's not perfect but a lot of things appealed to me and some parts of it are fantastic. I love all sorts of horror, and the game captured a lot of high notes about some elements of different kinds of horror I like. The flaws also didn't bother me too much personally, and I liked the game's challenge and, "What's going to come next?", aspect. It stores a lot of ideas in its 13-17 hour run. The DLC has even more ideas as well, and all 3 together easily take an additional 5-10 hours.

I will say that I look forward to a sequel. I think with a different engine that's not idTech5 and what they've learned from Evil Within, they could make an amazing sequel. Tango is definitely working on their next game now, been hiring recently, looks like they're working with Unreal 4 from job listings now. No ideas what the game is yet, but Tango said multiple times before release that they wanted to make Evil Within a franchise rather than a single entry, the ending of the game and the DLC definitely point at 'things to come', Evil Within sold well, and notably at last E3 'The Evil Within' was featured a lot by Bethesda and was listed as one of their big IPs and a game 'series' being supported at their upcoming site for easy modding, which definitely implies Bethesda considered a success and may very well have plans for it.

The aiming thing may be related to the 'accuracy' trait you can upgrade. Though a weird design decision to make that something to upgrade, I know.

I liked Evil Within also, it's not perfect but a lot of things appealed to me and some parts of it are fantastic. I love all sorts of horror, and the game captured a lot of high notes about some elements of different kinds of horror I like. The flaws also didn't bother me too much personally, and I liked the game's challenge and, "What's going to come next?", aspect. It stores a lot of ideas in its 13-17 hour run. The DLC has even more ideas as well, and all 3 together easily take an additional 5-10 hours.

I will say that I look forward to a sequel. I think with a different engine that's not idTech5 and what they've learned from Evil Within, they could make an amazing sequel. Tango is definitely working on their next game now, been hiring recently, looks like they're working with Unreal 4 from job listings now. No ideas what the game is yet, but Tango said multiple times before release that they wanted to make Evil Within a franchise rather than a single entry, the ending of the game and the DLC definitely point at 'things to come', Evil Within sold well, and notably at last E3 'The Evil Within' was featured a lot by Bethesda and was listed as one of their big IPs and a game 'series' being supported at their upcoming site for easy modding, which definitely implies Bethesda considered a success and may very well have plans for it.

I thought about the accuracy thing but honestly, that's complete BS.
The shots go through the enemies, you can see them hitting the wall right behind them. Like I said, it even happened with the sniper rifle with the enemy's head filling the screen completely. Even if the game is calculating some sort of probability of me hitting the target based on the level of my accuracy trait, a hit is a hit.
In The Last of Us, aim can be ugraded but what happens is that your sight sways while aiming which can cause you to miss and it becomes steadier as you upgrade.
Bullets going through enemies is called a glitch, nothing more.
You don't implement an accuracy system by simply making the game ignore 100% accurate shots.
I don't want to sound too negative since I want to encourage more people to give the game a shot but there's really no excuse for this particular issue.

FloatOn

I played the first two chapters in the evil within and took a break.

I should get back to it though.

So far I would say in terms of third person horror shooters I would rank the top 3 in this order:

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Alan Wake
3. The Evil Within

I played the first two chapters in the evil within and took a break.

I should get back to it though.

So far I would say in terms of third person horror shooters I would rank the top 3 in this order:

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Alan Wake
3. The Evil Within

I'd definitely put TEW above AW, AW is more polished but it loses in every other department imo. TLOU trumps everything for me though.

Im going to go to your base and steal everything, and then when i get back to my base im going to destroy everything i stole from you, bitch. 😉
Hahaha. Well, I hope you do find a big replayability value in it since I am likely gonna enter the MGS-verse a tad late in the coming years.

Hahaha. Well, I hope you do find a big replayability value in it since I am likely gonna enter the MGS-verse a tad late in the coming years.
Its okay, as soon as you start playing ill give it a week and re install the game and fuck up all your shit over and over until you rage quit

AMD cards didn't have a problem with Ground Zeroes did they? You shouldn't worry about the game proper. I doubt the Gameworks situation will be like Batman.

Yeah, GZ runs maxed out at 60fps and 1080p on my 280x. I'm not worried.
I can live without Nvidia's stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom