• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Seeing as Kojima has gone full on with rebranding MSF as the Diamond Dogs I would be bitterly disappointed if David Bowie's Rebel Rebel isn't a collectable tune in game. And no adding it in yourself isn't the same.

Can you not get it for a good price on GAF?
There are some crazy high "gaf discounters"
:p
but it's a bit too much atm. Hey, MGO is coming next year anyway, so it might be the best to hold off, right? Right guys?
I believe it's a "my PC might explode if I try to run this" issue.
Haha. Not anymore thank God ;)
Bought MGSV on PC because I can't wait until the weekend to play my PS4 version.
You double-dipped almost at the same time because of a week wait time? Damn. Must be quiet thirsty.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
COD Black Ops 3 will support split-screen across two monitors [on PC of course]

qtqV4yN.jpg

Jawmuncher

No reason to needlessly lower your standards either.

Well I thought the 2 week delay was still a thing before the change. Which was the biggest issue originally. Wasn't going to wait that long.

There are some crazy high "gaf discounters"
:p
but it's a bit too much atm. Hey, MGO is coming next year anyway, so it might be the best to hold off, right? Right guys?

Haha. Not anymore thank God ;)

You double-dipped almost at the same time because of a week wait time? Damn. Must be quiet thirsty.

I'm not trusting those spoilers from getting out day 1

Grief.exe

Perhaps you should keep your opinions to yourself.

Are you gonna make an argument? Or are you just going to continue taking shots?

Last time we got into it, I discounted your arguments and then you left.

This high school shit is tiring.

here we go.gif

I'd rather just end the disagreement and call it good, but this has gotten ridiculous

Well I thought the 2 week delay was still a thing before the change. Which was the biggest issue originally. Wasn't going to wait that long.

I was worried about dodging those spoilers.

Parsnip

About to pull the trigger on gtx 970, msi gaming. Apparently it's the most silent of the bunch, battling with the asus strix for the top spot. With the MGS5 promo going, it's the perfect time.

No one got my quiet joke. Always knew I'm not witty but I thought this was gonna be my comedic breakthrough :'(

Time to set myself another life-goal.

Dr Dogg

Treyarch are just fucking wonderful when it comes to these little extras.

About to pull the trigger on gtx 970, msi gaming. Apparently it's the most silent of the bunch, battling with the asus strix for the top spot. With the MGS5 promo going, it's the perfect time.

Given the choice between MSI and ASUS I'd go MSI every time. Cheaper and don't have a shit tier RMA service outside the US unlike ASUS.

No one got my quiet joke. Always knew I'm not witty but I thought this was gonna be my comedic breakthrough :'(

Quiet you!

r3n4ud

Excellent choice. I've used it for a few months before replacing it with 980ti. Had a bit of coil whine, but nothing major or distracting. A lovely card

No one got my quiet joke. Always knew I'm not witty but I thought this was gonna be comedic my breakthrough :'(

I found it pretty tongue in chico.
Ugh. That was bad.

And MGO is coming this year for consoles, so that's at least one reason to pick it up on consoles for now and wait for a solid sale a little later.

Parsnip

Given the choice between MSI and ASUS I'd go MSI every time. Cheaper and don't have a shit tier RMA service outside the US unlike ASUS.
Excellent choice. I've used it for a few months before replacing it with 980ti. Had a bit of coil whine, but nothing major or distracting. A lovely card
I used to be big on Asus, but nowadays I go with either Gigabyte or MSI, more often than not.

If only you were Gaben
Three and half
life

Why isn't there an option to automatically wishlist a greenlight game once its been greenlit and in-store?

I lost track of many cool games.

New MGSV news? Nice! Heey hang on that's from June! And doesn't say anything asides from the doofus ruined his thumb nails because he's silly.

Speaking of MGS V does anyone here own Ground Zeroes on Xboneo or PS Quadripple? Can you be a dear and go check out if they also have multiple dynamic shadows cast from separate light sources please? Meant to mention this a couple of months ago but just had a look at the PS3 version and doesn't appear to be.

Here's a couple of examples.

That's something you next you never see in real time rendered games and usually it's faked (eg. Pro Evo used to have a sprite for multiple floodlight illumination).

Just for you, cause I like you and all, I fired up my PS4 and MGS:GZ just to check for you. (You monster, I had to close out Bloodborne to do so!)
Hopefully this answers your question:

Haunted

Here's something that Steam should implement that's simply better on consoles.

Allow a second player to log in with his own account to get achievements and get his name displayed properly instead of "GAFHaunted(1) or Guest1".

Example: I can locally play Rocket League with my friend on his PS4 and we're both using our respective PSN accounts because I can log in with my account on his PS4 (without signing him out). If I locally play Rocket League with my friend on PC, only one of us can be logged in with the proper account, the other is a nameless guest.

Did anyone else get an update for HL2?
ARG confirmed

Half Life 3 confirmed

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Stellar 2D -- MB-695D5FF1BD83DC95 - Taken by Saty
Lucius -- MB-E5ED9177D3BC9A47 - Taken by Spirited
Garden Rescue -- MB-3D81B31438B96A72 - Taken by Abomination

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Miff, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fairy Fencer F -- MB-35325F934E167452 - Taken by Ventara. 96 entrants total.

t1438881137z1.png

Dr Dogg

Just for you, cause I like you and all, I fired up my PS4 and MGS:GZ just to check for you. (You monster, I had to close out Bloodborne to do so!)
Hopefully this answers your question:

Hahaha yes that's perfect, cheers. So no exclusive shadows for PC it seems. You can get back to Bloodborning now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom