• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Alright folks, didn't want to bring out the big guns but drastic times call for drastic measures.

I am willing to part from my prized possession Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta - Episode 1 - Gold Edition for a measly MGS:pP steam key.

Please regard that it is the widely as best version of Ibn Battuta recognized Gold version. You get all this sweet collector's wet dream for a measly, highly likely not-complete version of yet another triple-a game. What a snoozer!

But I am willing to take this sacrifice for you. You're welcome.

Benedict

Caved in.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vanguard Princess -- MB-E794422D16110E72

t1438882940z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
I'm pretty sure MS PR is told to only say Windows 10 generally so it's probably coming to Steam. They've already said the expansion can be bought by itself.

Corpekata

Banned
Wow Rocket League has jumped to 700k owners on Steam. Seemed like it was at 250k and already impressive just a couple weeks ago.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
In other XSEED news, they've also spoken up on why Corpse Party is taking so long:

Don't recall if they've mentioned this before, I haven't kept up with the port's development.

zkylon

zkylewd
thats a cool new outfit for estelle

hope there are some new characters tho

whip lady and student girl weren't that much fun

Good. Level cap in Fallout 3 was an extreme buzzkill. I ended up just running from everything once I had no reason to gain xp -- It really destroyed my enjoyment of the end game.

thought it was 2...Invisible Inc and Naruto Ninja Storm franchise

When I shift+F5 to force refresh in my browser, I still only see Invisible Inc.

Still being worked on, to be CANCELLED

The salty tears would be delicious. :lol

No hard finish : good
No level cap : this could get out of hand.

No level cap is much better than a level cap so long as the experience thresholds and level up gains are balanced correctly.

Woooo! Suck it, losers! The V-Man wins again!

Gracious winning, I see.

maybe stop posting that stupid spider game banner

Ruh roh, we have angered the zyklong.

I'm pretty sure MS PR is told to only say Windows 10 generally so it's probably coming to Steam. They've already said the expansion can be bought by itself.

The thread over in gaming says X1, W10, Steam.

Kifimbo

Steam Key Eligibility
If you've purchased the Oil Blue before this Steam release, congrats! You're eligible for a free Steam key! Here's how to claim your key:

- Purchased on gamersgate.com (either The Oil Blue or the Vertigo Games Bundle): Login to your GamersGate account. Now click on My Library and select the Oil Blue or the Vertigo Games Bundle. On the following page you'll see a button on the right that says, "Show Serial Key." Click on that for your Steam key!

- Purchased on Desura: please send me a PM here[www.desura.com] and I will get back to you with a key within 48 hours. You must message me thru Desura if you have bought the game from that site. This offer is valid as long as Desura stays up and running.

- Purchased on vertigogaming.net or other website: Please contact me here[www.vertigogaming.net] and I will try to get you a key within 48 hours. Please be sure to include the email address you used to buy the game.

You can also request a Steam key via vertigogaming.net if you'd like to cover the game on your YouTube or Twitch channel, or any other platform.

Seems like people who bought the Xmas Bundle (Indie Royale) can't get a Steam key. Unless "other website" includes IR.

Maniac

Banned

Treyarch is fucking weird. They'd be able to do some amazing things if they were to develop a game with multi-year support.

Damn shame.
Pretty much.

He's not wrong though.

Also I voted 'everyone wins' because we're all PC people here, so we're the true winners in gaming always.

Literally always.

Palmer is such a weirdo

It's why I always loved him.
Except win10 also forces updates...
You guys know about the boiling frog concept right. (just look at the xbox 360 dashboard evolution over the years)

I think it's naive to not expect more (and gradual) changes in this direction , and for them to 'patch' out the privacy toggles over the years with updates, updates that you will be forced to install.

Also on forced updates: anyone with a ps3 will know what that can lead to (removal of otherOS, constantly fucking with the core applications , breaking shit and you all have to deal with it because you have zero control over it)
The idea of giving up that control on PC makes me shudder, pc is an open platform, any attempt to close it down in any way or form (or any steps taken to closing it down more) should be spat out by the community.
If forced updates aren't your thing, get W10 Pro.

Salsa

Fallout 4 keeps sounding worse

"you can play 400 hours and not see everything!"

"there's no level cap!"

how are these good things

edit: and that VG247 article

After sitting through a 15 minute extended (edited) gameplay video of the game today at Gamescom, we can report it looks exactly the same as Fallout 3, for good and bad.

gonna be worse than skyrim

Caerith

Seems like people who bought the Xmas Bundle (Indie Royale) can't get a Steam key. Unless "other website" includes IR.

I got it through IndieGameStand and probably other places. Maybe I should just redeem the Desura key and request it through there.

Edit:

Oh hey, IG has steam keys for it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Sorry, I should have explained a bit better. I've edited the guide but basically if you bought the game at any time via websites or bundles you'll get a key. :D

Dr Dogg

Never mind about the Fallout fallout guys there's another post apocalyptic game releasing this year you might like the sound of instead. Wasteland 2 Directors Cut, out on the 16th October I believe.

Khilandros

Not liking the info being dropped about Fallout 4 :(
Sure non level cap is amazing, but the rest I've been reading is disappointing.

Salsa

so, Ori 'Definitive Edition' coming out. New mechanics, New Areas, reworking of Old Areas, New Abilities..

aka the "lel fuck you Salsa for playin this right now, now stop halfway and wait for this" version

Uzzy

Fallout 4 keeps sounding worse

"you can play 400 hours and not see everything!"

"there's no level cap!"

how are these good things

edit: and that VG247 article

gonna be worse than skyrim

Well, the 'no ending' thing means that we won't be asked to go into a radiation filled death chamber to press a button, while our entirely immune to radiation friends sit around and don't help out. Because it's our destiny to die a meaningless, pointless death or something.

So that's a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom