• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Never mind about the Fallout fallout guys there's another post apocalyptic game releasing this year you might like the sound of instead. Wasteland 2 Directors Cut, out on the 16th October I believe.

Good thing I didn't bite on the original late as I intended.

dex3108

So it begins

CLvr3mTWoAILjD_.jpg:large

Am I doing this right?

Fallout 3 was a much better game than Skyrim and I actually remember a good amount of the scenarios compared to remembering nothing of the 50 or so hours I put into Skyrim. Amazing introduction, blowing up Megatron, the voyage into the 60s leave it to beaver world, being able to kill Three Dog and having the main radio station of the game change and so on.

Salsa

how is no level cap a good thing

literally means it's less of a structured game and more of sandbox nonsense

"oh I killed a bunch of deathclaws and now im level 38218 game is easy as fuck"

they already said there's no scaling, which IS a good thing, if there was a fuckin level cap

Hektor

they already said there's no scaling, which IS a good thing, if there was a fuckin level cap

Are you surprised? That they're gonna take that direction was pretty clear imo, once they showed that you can build your own village'n'stuff.

Anustart

so, Ori 'Definitive Edition' coming out. New mechanics, New Areas, reworking of Old Areas, New Abilities..

aka the "lel fuck you Salsa for playin this right now, now stop halfway and wait for this" version

How dare they make an expansion without consulting you. Those fuck tarts think they have the stones to get away with that?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I thought Chub wasn't gonna release it anymore. Nice to see that changed.

You can thank Steam Refunds for that. I didn't want to release something that was unpatchable and have someone not be able to run the game. Now that you can request refunds I felt a heck of a lot better releasing the game. Woo!

Salsa

Are you surprised? That they're gonna take that direction was pretty clear imo, once they showed that you can build your own village'n'stuff.

oh I know. They took it the opposite way of what i'd want, or what Fallout is actually good at. or simply IS

It's definitely the most "this is actually elder scrolls with a skin" of em all. A Bethesda game with some Fallout thing on top.

still tho, im surprised to the level they're going with it

kinda sad. specially after teasing us with Obsidian back on board

it just looks so not for me. fucking building your own shit and fighting hordes? what the hell is this game

How dare they make an expansion without consulting you. Those fuck tarts think they have the stones to get away with that?

we need a facetious detector

Sch1sm

Fallout 3 was a much better game than Skyrim and I actually remember a good amount of the scenarios compared to remembering nothing of the 50 or so hours I put into Skyrim. Amazing introduction, blowing up Megatron, the voyage into the 60s leave it to beaver world, being able to kill Three Dog and having the main radio station of the game change and so on.

I don't remember anything about Skyrim except for this one massive bug that made the game irritating when I had to go to Markarth, I was part of the thief guild and the circle, that my wood elf was married, and I perfect one handed sword, light armor, stealth, pick pocket, and archery skills.

That's it.

I put over 200 hours in on release. It just wasn't memorable, but at the time I enjoyed it, so I guess that makes up for it.

Alright, this is getting ridiculous. "Definitive" Editions and indie games with big brand crossovers both need to stop.

And Starbound getting ported to consoles while still in alpha... bah. That's bananas.

And Steam's sales are lacklustre. This has just been a bad week.
oh I know. They took it the opposite way of what i'd want, or what Fallout is actually good at. or simply IS

It's definitely the most "this is actually elder scrolls with a skin" of em all. A Bethesda game with some Fallout thing on top.

still tho, im surprised to the level they're going with it

kinda sad. specially after teasing us with Obsidian back on board

it just looks so not for me. fucking building your own shit and fighting hordes? what the hell is this game
Open World Building Survival Bethesda RPG featuring Fallout is a genre guaranteed to sell.

Y'know, if they added adversarial online multiplayer and permadeath it would do very well on Steam Early Access. Even better than normal, I would reckon.

so, Ori 'Definitive Edition' coming out. New mechanics, New Areas, reworking of Old Areas, New Abilities..

aka the "lel fuck you Salsa for playin this right now, now stop halfway and wait for this" version

Being broke has its advantages lol. Another game I would've picked up if I had the money that is getting a definitive edition.

Because combat, which is a main component of the game, becomes super repetitive and boring once you hit the level cap and there is no progression.

In Fallout 3, the level cap was a problem in the vanilla game. It absolutely ruined the end game for me once I hit level 20 and still had a bunch of quests to go check out and complete. The game is remarkably less fun when you are just rushing from A to B and there's no longer a challenge when fighting or a reason to continue doing so unless forced by the quest narrative.

Level caps punish people who explore and do everything, unless it's a very high cap that most players will never see.

Caerith

Because combat, which is a main component of the game, becomes super repetitive and boring once you hit the level cap and there is no progression.

In Fallout 3, the level cap was a problem in the vanilla game. It absolutely ruined the end game for me once I hit level 20 and still had a bunch of quests to go check out and complete. The game is remarkably less fun when you are just rushing from A to B and there's no longer a challenge when fighting or a reason to continue doing so unless forced by the quest narrative.

Level caps punish people who explore and do everything, unless it's a very high cap that most players will never see.

That sounds like a balance issue, honestly. Most times when a game has a level cap you have to do everything and maybe even grind to reach it. I guess removing the cap is easier than learning better game design though.

Sigh, fucking bethesda, i was really looking forward to fallout 4 and i still am but god damn they make it hard to be excited for it, more and more it keeps sounding like the elder scrolls, like they literally learned shit from fallout 3 and what obsidian did with nv

Tizoc

It's sill worth playing now. So you can then compare new experience with old experience.

Hektor

I just heard in a german gamescom podcasts that shadow warrior 2 is going to be a grind and loot heavy game with random generated maps. wat.

I always thought the level cap on the Fallout games was quite low. 20? 30? On a game they intend for you to spend a real long time with? Seems like you'd reach that well before the end.

Or they just did a shitty job balancing.

On the flip, I thought W3 did a fantastic job balancing. I really didn't feel super OP until near the end. My only complaint was I ran out of things to use skill points on.

new Mankind Divided gameplay

wash that fallout 4 off my mouth

edit: oh nvm its just the E3 stuff with interviews

Still looks badass.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I just heard in a german gamescom podcasts that shadow warrior 2 is going to be a grind and loot heavy game with random generated maps. wat.

What?

That was not what they showed at E3, well I might have to wind down my hype for that game then.

Amzin

The only elder scrolls game I've liked was Skyrim with like 48 mods (not even joking), and everything they keep announcing for Fallout 4 makes me MORE excited. I'm a Fallout fan through-and-through so I would think I would hate if they were doing wonky shit but so far it sounds like it'll be hard to take a break to play JC3 when that hits :p

derExperte

Batman Oranges is more like a lemon. Could play a few hours with only one enemy unreachable stuck in a wall but then I got shocked by something mid-flight and can now fly through houses, fall through floors into nothingness and can see through cracks in the geometry. Hope a restart fixes this* but I can't remember the last time I had this many problems with a AAA game since maybe BF4.

*Nope, still completely fucked**.
**http://steamcommunity.com/app/209000/discussions/0/522728000910676111/

Maniac

Banned
I'm personally excited for FO4. If only because I really had lots of fun with FO3, and if FO4 is nothing more than FO3 with combat (other than melee) that's actually worth a damn, I'll probably end up loving it.

Salsa

I had a dream that the world was ending

but it was ending like some sort of tsunami wave coming our way

there was no way to save me and my family

I was launching Rocket League from steam during this when I found out

but at the last minute we realized that if we could shrink ourselves and get inside some Macdonalds hamburguer wrappers we could travel back in time and show up at hogwarts but like first year of Harry Potter and be saved

but my mom got left behind to buy us more time or something, or she couldnt shrink herself? can't remember

this is real

I started it just last night.

Why should a definitive make us stop now though? It says it has a new story, so wouldn't i just want to beat the game now and then play the expansion story once it's out?

Soulflarz

Banned
So uh, played a bit more

My major issue with Titanfall is the smart pistol. It's just really effective with no mobility loss, so it feels annoying to die to compared to other guns?

Well, not to say half the issue arises from everyone being max rank and me still learning, but it's kind of annoying to get into a gunfight and someone just jumps around and can kill me as a result of that pistol.

I had a dream that the world was ending

but it was ending like some sort of tsunami wave coming our way

there was no way to save me and my family

I was launching Rocket League from steam during this when I found out

but at the last minute we realized that if we could shrink ourselves and get inside some Macdonalds hamburguer wrappers we could travel back in time and show up at hogwarts but like first year of Harry Potter and be saved

but my mom got left behind to buy us more time or something, or she couldnt shrink herself? can't remember

this is real

Cities skylines after dark Major expansion revealed.

I'm ok with this.

....free expansion?

/dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom