• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I like mine

1M6KMN1.png

Uhyve

So has anyone else received a random email verification request from Steam today? I've not clicked it since I'm already verified with Steam Guard enabled.

The Steam email address appears to be legit, so it just seems alittle weird, especially after that password reset weirdness a couple of weeks ago.

So has anyone else received a random email verification request from Steam today? I've not clicked it since I'm already verified with Steam Guard enabled.

The Steam email address appears to be legit, so it just seems alittle weird, especially after that password reset weirdness a couple of weeks ago.
If you're talking about an e-mail from them, no, I didn't get anything. However, if you're talking about a request within Steam itself, that happens to me from time to time.

Hinomura

Praise the Chubigans!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Oil Blue Steam Legacy Edition -- MB-5862D3F0EFC6802F - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 27 entrants total.

t1438903761z1.png

mrgone

If you're talking about an e-mail from them, no, I didn't get anything. However, if you're talking about a request within Steam itself, that happens to me from time to time.

I've had this happen in the client a couple of times too. If it's just an email without any kind of indication in the client that you're supposed to be getting one, though, it's probably a phishing attempt.

madjoki

There's a PC game racing sale going on until August 9th.
The catch is it's a uPlay sale.

Drop The Crew to $20, dangit.

Heh. In EU it's actually more expensive than steam sale for it few weeks back. (15€ on Steam vs. 24€ on uPlay)

Normally you pay little premium on Steam.

Caerith

I've had this happen in the client a couple of times too. If it's just an email without any kind of indication in the client that you're supposed to be getting one, though, it's probably a phishing attempt.

Don't you get something like that if someone tries to enter a serial you've entered, or tries to reclaim an account via a serial you've entered? So if you've claimed a key that was posted publicly you might get that.

mrgone

Don't you get something like that if someone tries to enter a serial you've entered, or tries to reclaim an account via a serial you've entered? So if you've claimed a key that was posted publicly you might get that.

As far as I remember it's similar, but just an automated notification that someone checked which account was associated with the used key, without providing any verification codes or instructions for the user who received the email.

edit: This looks like it - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3126581 I guess there were some instructions for the user in there, but nothing too ominous :)

The international 2015 has really cut into my gaming time. I was planning on finishing Valkyria Chronicles, which I have done like 3 missions even though I bought at $20
blink.gif

The tanks were massacring me at 60fps, but I think it was fixed?
thinking.gif

Copons

Yay getting back home from the second to last crunch day at work and finding plenty of awesome news here is great!

The Oil Blue on Steam? Holy shit, finally! I'm so happy for chubigans and I totally hope that as a result of this, he somehow got to screw Strategy First as much as possible.

Cities: Skylines After Dark? Holy shit, I'd better get me fired in time for that!

Oculus Rift guy everywhere? Holy shit. No, wait, it's actually kinda creepy. As a THPS 5 character he's spot on though.
also omg THPS 5 got me to hate all my wonderful memories of cel-shaded games, and suddenly Wind Waker got from best to worst Zelda ever in my personal chart

Guys, where can I get MGS V for $35?
Bernardo seems to have run out of keys, but somebody linked a Reddit link earlier?

I'm pretty sure I've seen other sellers on the B/S/T thread selling keys for the same price...just ask on there...I'm sure you'll get a response

edit: or wait for him to restock...lol

Uhyve

Yep, my bad. Apparently there was a notification on Steam and my brother pressed it, causing me to get all paranoid when the email showed up.

I'm proud to announce I'm writing a gritty origin story for the Swedish Chef, chronicling his rise from the slums of a third world country devastated by war, to leader of the Swedish rebellion. Just when they think they've won, he is betrayed and captured by the Swedish emperor. He then must escape and work his way up the ranks kitchen by kitchen, until he can enact his revenge.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm proud to announce I'm writing a gritty origin story for the Swedish Chef, chronicling his rise from the slums of a third world country devastated by war, to leader of the Swedish rebellion. Just when they think they've won, he is betrayed and captured by the Swedish emperor. He then must escape and work his way up the ranks kitchen by kitchen, until he can enact his revenge.

This is one of those stories that I can feel like I'm part of as a Swede.

Mad Max: Fury Bork

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Oh yeah, I said that I was going to host a Quiplash/Jackbox game night today.

The games we will be playing:
header.jpg

header.jpg

t1438909200z4.png

That's 6pm Pacific and 9pm Eastern

You don't need to own the game to play!

The stream will be at http://www.hitbox.tv/DongsMacabre
I'll be recording the stream and uploading it to YouTube after.

dex3108

Plot twist you are actually playing with Palmer Lucky while he plays origin story of Swedish Chef!

Dr Dogg

Let's be honest a PC centric developer using their own in house engine developing their own game for all platforms isn't a great surprise. Unlike Rocksteady and Netherealm who have always been console focused companies who use a middleware engine used by countless studios worldwide.

That new Cities: Skylines expansion, tho:

Day and Night Cycle: Day and night changes in the city and affects citizen schedules. Traffic is visibly slower at night and some zoned areas do not work with full efficiency, further easing the traffic. Service vehicles move around as usual. A free update for all users.

Leisure specialization: Commercial areas can specialize in leisure activities. Leisure areas are especially active during the night, but work like regular commercial areas during the day.

Beach specialization: Commercial areas such as beach bars and restaurants, small marina and fishing tours on the shoreline can specialize in beach activities.

Expanded City Services: Criminals will now be taken to Prison from Police buildings. Taxi service will help citizens and tourists travel around the city. Cargo hubs are harbors that accept cargo trains straight to the terminal. International airport is a huge airport, allowing much more traffic than the previous airport. It has a metro station attached to it. Bus terminal allows citizens to transfer to other bus lines in the terminal building.

New transportation options: Bikes and dedicated bike lanes and bike ways let citizens opt for a faster alternative to walking. Bus lanes can be used to help the public transportation run smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom