• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Steam's Top Seller's list for games released in July (data from today):
Code:
1.  Rocket League (577,295)
2.  Five Nights at Freddy's 4 (99,060)
3.  NotGTAV (64,302)
4.  Guild of Dungeoneering (32,257)
5.  F1 2015 (26,625)
6.  How To Survive Third Person (25,057)
7.  Victor Vran (24,228)
8.  Secrets of Grindea (23,856)
9.  Way of the Samurai 4 (22,119)
10. Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop! (21,013)
11. TIS-100 (18,438)
12. oO (13,745)
13. Dungeon Souls (13,271)
14. Interstellaria (12,007)
15. Rake (10,427)

Amount of sales = SteamSpy ownership scrape from 01.08.2015 decreased by SteamSpy ownership scrape from 01.07.2015

Purkake4

Banned
Code:
1.  Rocket League (577,295)
2.  Five Nights at Freddy's 4 (99,060)
3.  NotGTAV (64,302)
4.  Guild of Dungeoneering (32,257)
5.  F1 2015 (26,625)
6.  How To Survive Third Person (25,057)
7.  Victor Vran (24,228)
8.  Secrets of Grindea (23,856)
9.  Way of the Samurai 4 (22,119)
10. Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop! (21,013)
11. TIS-100 (18,438)
12. oO (13,745)
13. Dungeon Souls (13,271)
14. Interstellaria (12,007)
15. Rake (10,427)

Amount of sales = SteamSpy ownership scrape from 01.08.2015 decreased by SteamSpy ownership scrape from 01.07.2015
Nice to see Interstellaria actually make the list, it's pretty dope.

Dr Dogg

And you are right to do so.

swesuck.jpg

Hey us Northern Europeans are all a little mixed up with each other for the last 1,000+ years but we're all good muckers really. Unlike those pesky continental Europeans.

is this a guide for FPS lovers getting into action games

8/10 joke.

If you are being serious though, no. It's the 3rd person version of How to Survive and not a new game at all. The devs are being quite upfront about it too. It is the same game just with a different camera.

Still not sure why they needed this to be another game, I am not so sure.

Tizoc

Street Fighter 5 gameplay featuring Claw and Necalli
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/06/street-fighter-v-gameplay-demo-ign-live-gamescom-2015
They also talk about a few things to expect in the game, seems even constumes can be gotten for free?
Also the IGN guy seems to joke about Blanka and Honda being in, though seeing what they did to Claw I don't mind any SF2 character being in now.

Can't wait til 2016 to pile drive fools as a Spaniard Ninja~

Any GMG codes right now?

Some people got 26% discount codes via e-mail that expire around the 14-18th of the month.

Check your e-mail and you might get one

Catshade

Code:
[B]3.  NotGTAV (64,302)[/B]

WHY

Is NotGTAV the new Bad Rats?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Hinomura, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Oil Blue Steam Legacy Edition -- MB-5862D3F0EFC6802F - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 27 entrants total.

t1438903761z1.png

The virtual texture compression setting has a huge impact on Wolfenstein's frame-rate.
Playing Old Blood really reminds me of how fun this game is.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
More Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 PC-Specific Graphics Options Revealed

The PC edition also supports 4K resolution, and has two-player splitsceen and FOV and framerate sliders.

• 100% ranked dedicated servers
  • 2-Player split-screen (left/right, top/bottom, across two screens)
  • Game controller support
  • GPU scaling, SLI and crossfire optimizations, and 4K monitor support
  • FOV slider
  • Framerate cap slider
  • Improved text Chat features available in-game and also now in lobbies.
  • Steam trading cards
  • Treyarch Anti-Cheat (TAC)

Dr Dogg

You're a real wizard now Treyarch! How their and Infinity Ward's fortunes have changed around.

two player splitscreen on PC is nice

Did you see lash's post earlier? Split screen in either vertical or horizontal split on the same monitor or split across 2 monitors.

Thanks. But seems they are really personalized. When I try to add it, it shows:

"Unable to add the voucher"

not 100% sure but I think that 26% off code only works on select games

Fallout 4
Star Wars Battlefront
Blood Bowl 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Just Cause 3
Act of Aggression
NBA 2K16
FIFA 16
Need For Speed
Mighty No. 9

You're a real wizard now Treyarch! How their and Infinity Ward's fortunes have changed around.

Did you see lash's post earlier? Split screen in either vertical or horizontal split on the same monitor or split across 2 monitors.

IW is not the same IW from the original COD.

Maniac

Banned

Their wizardry is why I wish they weren't stuck making blech cyclical releases. They'd do really well in a Counter-Strike kind of situation with several years of support or some such. Atleast I imagine they would.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
treyarch is always the best when it comes to PC. no other COD had 4k before right?

I'm fairly certain all modern CoD games support arbitrary resolutions (4 definitely does and I doubt later entries have eschewed that since it's an exceedingly basic feature). Really, "4K support" is meaningless unless it's coming from a developer with a history of offering only select resolutions... which describes just about every Japanese developer that has made the jump to the PC in recent years.

There is a distinction to make between supporting 4K and having been designed with it in mind, however -- e.g. a game that runs at 4K (i.e. supports it) may have poor UI scaling at such a high resolution (i.e. wasn't designed with it mind), which can be particularly problematic when it comes to strategy games. But I'm sure you know this already.

Edit: It seems nobody has answered this:
How does enemy scaling in Fallout 3 work when using a mod that increases the cap? Are they limited to the intended level cap of 20/30 (depending on whether or not Broken Steel is installed) or do they continue to scale upward alongside your character?

Dr Dogg

treyarch is always the best when it comes to PC. no other COD had 4k before right?

IW is not the same IW from the original COD.

Blimey you've either got a short memeory or don't remeber that Treyarch were the console focused studio who after a string of console ports for the likes of Tony Hawk and Spider-Man to other platforms came in to COD to bring it to consoles and then we're given COD 3 while Infinity Ward worked on 4. You know Call of Duty 3, the only mainline title not on PC. And yes I'm fully aware that Infinity Ward is not the same company the once were hence me posting how their fortunes have changed. Also as Jase says "4K Support" is nothing short of marketing guff and every single COD on PC supports artbitrary resolutions.

Their wizardry is why I wish they weren't stuck making blech cyclical releases. They'd do really well in a Counter-Strike kind of situation with several years of support or some such. Atleast I imagine they would.

Be nice but they're Activision's key player now so fat chance of that unless Bobby has a spat with Mark Lamia or something. I remeber the days when the COD community wanted these guys out as they were ruining the franchise but then I guess Zombies happened.

not 100% sure but I think that 26% off code only works on select games

Fallout 4
Star Wars Battlefront
Blood Bowl 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Just Cause 3
Act of Aggression
NBA 2K16
FIFA 16
Need For Speed
Mighty No. 9

I tried it on FF Type 0HD but got this message :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
4K support is a good thing because it means the devs actually tested the game at the resolution to some degree. While games do support arbitrary resolutions more often than not, there are problems with higher resolutions beyond just you know being able to select them in a menu.

3arc is god.

Asgaro

Pretty disgusting gif, Salsa.

But then I remember I've had occasions where I'm so drunk and want to go from kissing a girl's neck to kissing her lips, my eyes closing while moving towards the front, that I accidentally make out with her nose for a split second before moving lower.

I'm disgusting.

Momentary

Banned
Street Fighter 5 gameplay featuring Claw and Necalli
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/06/street-fighter-v-gameplay-demo-ign-live-gamescom-2015
They also talk about a few things to expect in the game, seems even constumes can be gotten for free?
Also the IGN guy seems to joke about Blanka and Honda being in, though seeing what they did to Claw I don't mind any SF2 character being in now.

Can't wait til 2016 to pile drive fools as a Spaniard Ninja~

I'm bored to death of SFII characters. I've been seeing those fools for 25 years already. Hell I would be happy with them dipping into Street Fighter I instead since they seem to hate SFIII characters or developing more than 4 new characters at a time. They should have had at least 6 new.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Will Dunder be a giant troll and throw the game? Find out right now on Alienware stream.

Poor iosofe

I haven't used the market in quite a while. I open it today and I have this.

The Market is unavailable for the following reason(s):
You are logging into The Market from a device that has not been protected by Steam Guard for 7 days. More info...
If nothing further occurs to restrict your access, you'll be able to use The Community Market on 8/7/2015, 1:05:34 AM.

I don't get it. All my computers (which is this mac/bootcamp) and phone are protected with Steam Guard via email.
thinking.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom