• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

So when you try to run something really old in Windows 10, it won't even give you the option to try and make it work. It just says "This app cannot run on your PC," regardless of compatibility settings.

Thanks for meeting me halfway, Windows.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So when you try to run something really old in Windows 10, it won't even give you the option to try and make it work. It just says "This app cannot run on your PC," regardless of compatibility settings.

Thanks for meeting me halfway, Windows.

Example of a specific app?

haha, that was a good match

and yeah they definitely added lots of new things, it threw me off too
I had no clue that you were such a monster at speedrunners.
He was playing against bots.
Dang, I almost didn't recognize you.
qqmghcogli.jpg

From one of the FFXV threads.
Hm. Guess earliest +6 months later then. But good to know now that it will come. Great news. What I saw from trailers and the duscae demo looked super fun.

Dsyndrome

Example of a specific app?
Dark Side of the Moon, DVD version by Southpeak Interactive. Late 90's FMV game, been on a kick since beating Contradiction. Worked with Windows 7 after a lot of tweaking, never tried in 8.1. Running the compatibility troubleshooter recommends settings, but then when you try to run it, it doesn't give you the option to run, period.

Ryne

I would have bought FF Type 0 on GMG, but even after using the 26% off code I only save 3 bucks after conversion.

I'm Canadian, so if anyone wants a copy of Naruto send me a message.

Nazi Zombie Army Trilogy is 8 dollars on nuuvem. Anyone else want to grab it and do some coop?

Edit: Nevermind, just the first game. Weird

Why did Nuuvem suddenly put up the years old Nazi Zombie 1 and not the Trilogy?
how are those ff3 and ff4 remakes?

i love the cutesy models
They're ports of an ios port of a DS game. Controller support works but the battles are locked at 15 FPS and look horrible.

Don't know - I can't get those deals in Canada. All that shows up is XIII, XIII-2 and VIII. I haven't played III or IV, but if you can get them, their price is about $5.50 each.

the other games are III, IV, and VII...need a VPN to see them

Why did Nuuvem suddenly put up the years old Nazi Zombie 1 and not the Trilogy?

They're ports of an ios port of a DS game. Controller support works but the battles are locked at 15 FPS and look horrible.

they sell Trilogy too..need a VPN to see it....it's about $23

I'm bored to death of SFII characters. I've been seeing those fools for 25 years already. Hell I would be happy with them dipping into Street Fighter I instead since they seem to hate SFIII characters or developing more than 4 new characters at a time. They should have had at least 6 new.

(1) As far as I'm concerned classic characters are always welcome in the majority of a "returning roster".
(2) Capcom is not going to take another risk on the level of 3rd Strike; There's a few characters they have gotten some mileage out of, but not until AE and Ultra mostly. Personally, one of my biggest complaiints about 3S was not liking the roster and being left to use Remy/Akuma when I wasn't using Ken. Yang was alright too, I suppose, but there seemed to be a ton of "throwaway" characters to me. Q, Elena, Hugo, Thirteen, Oro, Necro, etc. And a lot of them were just mixed up versions of former SF charactes anyway. Futhermore, outside of the risk that people do not latch on to the newcomers to the game, Capcom is just weary of the actual development cost it takes to create, model, etc. new characters.

It worked for me when I used my code, I'm in Canada if that helps.

What code is this?

Dunder Hype guys!

I hear the hype feel flat on its face.

But where's the Type-0?

Yes and it's absurd.

I've seen bigger.

Momentary

Banned
(1) As far as I'm concerned classic characters are always welcome in the majority of a "returning roster".
(2) Capcom is not going to take another risk on the level of 3rd Strike; There's a few characters they have gotten some mileage out of, but not until AE and Ultra mostly. Personally, one of my biggest complaiints about 3S was not liking the roster and being left to use Remy/Akuma when I wasn't using Ken. Yang was alright too, I suppose, but there seemed to be a ton of "throwaway" characters to me. Q, Elena, Hugo, Thirteen, Oro, Necro, etc. And a lot of them were just mixed up versions of former SF charactes anyway. Futhermore, outside of the risk that people do not latch on to the newcomers to the game, Capcom is just weary of the actual development cost it takes to create, model, etc. new characters.

I just hate that Street Fighter II was so successful that they have to keep falling back to it. It's cool. They are putting in 4 new characters. I already got my main planned out. So I'm not unhappy. I'm just a progressive man and I'd like to see a mix up in the roster. Glad they picked Birdie to join in this game. Hope they have more off the radar characters like him coming back.

I just hate that Street Fighter II was so successful that they have to keep falling back to it. It's cool. They are putting in 4 new characters. I already got my main planned out. So I'm not unhappy. I'm just a progressive man and I'd like to see a mix up in the roster. Glad they picked Birdie to join in this game. Hope they have more off the radar characters like him coming back.

Yeah, I can understand that point of view. It's not mine, but I get it.
Who are you going to main at this point?

GMG sent out emails with a 26% off code to customers...only works for certain games (I listed them on the last page I believe)

Hmmm, I'll have to go back and check.

oh that's awful

i really liked the art

Well, look at it this way: You don't have to buy a DS or 3DS to play them now.

It's not about how big it is, it's about why it's so big.

Is the download actually 50gb, or is it just 50gb uncompressed, I can't remember.
If you really don't like it though, you could go out and get the PS3 version and put it in your media drive and hope it works. :)

Red

I have some old keys lying around, but don't want to do a giveaway since I'm not sure they're all still active. I am pretty sure all of these work:

Pac Man CE DX+ 34J2L-4NAZG-XV87Q
Deadlight YFJJQ-XPNMW-5PV38
PixelJunk Eden L0RG8-QVJQN-HIL68
Terraria 3DRHQ-3GW4C-DBI0L
FTL PJWAT-XDD9J-4ZJ0B
Swords and Soldiers 26TMZ-E6HD6-QQ82T
Toki Tori 9PNGE-DRCG0-30NJ0
World of Goo JM3H0-PKQHJ-J558M
Gish D7M6N-CH4C2-N75ED
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition QMXYE-HJ3KI-HXH8W

Please only claim one, and post if you've claimed a game so other gaffers know the key is no longer available. Thank you.

Sorry I didn't do a modbot raffle. I typically would, but was not 100% that all these keys were unclaimed. More like 96%.

Of ff13 is on sale? -ahem- ff13 is a piece of garbage, its one of, if not the worst ff game by a lot. Nonsense story, shitty characters, shitty world, etc. the only redeeming thing in the game is the soundtrack but you can do yourself a solid and just listen to it on YouTube

I have some old keys lying around, but don't want to do a giveaway since I'm not sure they're all still active. I am pretty sure all of these work:

Pac Man CE DX+ 34J2L-4NAZG-XV87Q
Deadlight YFJJQ-XPNMW-5PV38
PixelJunk Eden L0RG8-QVJQN-HIL68
Terraria 3DRHQ-3GW4C-DBI0L
FTL PJWAT-XDD9J-4ZJ0B
Swords and Soldiers 26TMZ-E6HD6-QQ82T
Toki Tori 9PNGE-DRCG0-30NJ0
World of Goo JM3H0-PKQHJ-J558M
Gish D7M6N-CH4C2-N75ED

Please only claim one, and post if you've claimed a game so other gaffers know the key is no longer available. Thank you.

Tried Sword and Soldiers which was already claimed. Thank you though!

Picked up Swords and Soldiers. Thank you!

Of ff13 is on sale? -ahem- ff13 is a piece of garbage, its one of, if not the worst ff game by a lot. Nonsense story, shitty characters, shitty world, etc. the only redeeming thing in the game is the soundtrack but you can do yourself a solid and just listen to it on YouTube

I still intend on playing it. Nothing stops this train.

Will it redeem via US steam if I use a VPN to buy it from nuuvem? Forget how they've changed things in recent months.

I have no idea if they've added any activation restrictions since launch. I bought it from there in March (without a VPN because it wasn't hidden yet) and it worked fine. I'm sure someone like Jase would know if there are any blocks on it...just wait to see what they say

about $23 is the regular price so it's not like there's a sale deadline at the moment

Been a while since I gave some games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mountain -- MB-8576AFF77A6C1A31 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 5 entrants total.
Joylancer -- MB-D09D8B384BF7E731 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
David -- MB-34C62CE864101A88 - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.
Paranautical Activity: Deluxe Atonement Edition -- MB-9FCA09EE2CB99B4C - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 2 entrants total.

t1438921583z1.png

Picked up Swords and Soldiers. Thank you!

I still intend on playing it. Nothing stops this train.
You dont play ff13, you hold up and auto battle with the occasional paragram shift or whatever its called. It plays itself, im telling you people, its fucking garbage. Please rabbits play the game, just so you can come back and be like "hero prinny was right"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom