• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

musk2.jpg

Tesla unveils robot snake charger prototype

I need something like to refill my whiskey and coke when I game. Finally have a use for the tab key.

I hope all of you are buying FFXIII and the hit sequel FFXIII-2 so that they'll give us Lightning Returns
with more Lightning + waifu dress up

Dr Dogg

And the "Why are Konami picking on the PS4 by comparing it to the PC version? Where are the PS4 vs XO comparisons?" posts have started. War, war never changes.

I don't know if I should complete Ground Zeroes before I start up The Phantom Pain. Can't decide. Maybe I should, since it isn't that long?
It's actually the first time I don't have a desire to complete a Metal Gear game.
It took me 100 minutes to finish with retries and deaths and all.

I spent more time listening to the audio logs in the main menu than actually playing GZ hah

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
And the "Why are Konami picking on the PS4 by comparing it to the PC version? Where are the PS4 vs XO comparisons?" posts have started. War, war never changes.

You can't expect going into those threads without some fanboys, that's just how it is.

Sad but it's how it is here now, at least for ps4 because it's relatively safe to be a giant fanboy about it without getting banned, even if they derail.

Arthea

Yeah I'm not like that. I kinda don't care if a game has lots of variety if that variety isn't any good and, for me, quantity can never replace quality. I think FF9, for instance, is at its strongest when your party is just Zidane, Vivi, Garnet, and Steiner, but at its weakest when it adds four more people to the party and makes you chase frogs and play card games. I think FF6 is certainly good at lots of things it does, but it's also extremely bloated (fourteen party members). FF13 is the most streamlined FF, all combat apart from chocobo digging, and maybe that makes it the worst FF but it's kinda also the only one that I'd actually enjoy playing again.

you see, that's the problem with any and all FF talk. FFs are so vastly different that people with opposite tastes can like one or other game and hate others. I naively thought that I'm above that and can appreciate all FF games.
It took 11, 12 and 13 trilogy to prove me wrong. Oh, I like that all games are different, but there are differences that are so not up to my liking that I almost lost interest in franchise.

Chocobo diggin was nice tho.

I never played a FF more than an hour and even I know FF6 is the best.

Kojima never meant for those lights to be on, it's from that part after Snake forgot to pay the electricity bills. Artistic vision compromised by PC yet again.

You really should remedy that, play at least FF7, I assure you that if there is a game that is worth at least 70 hours of your life, it's FF7.

that was almost funny

I just got done playing almost 4 hours of Binary Domain, thanks freshVeggie for those inspiring gifs. The game is actually pretty good after you get past the first level which I found kind of boring.

Hektor

Well, I have condition.

And its total turn based game, its one of few title to can perfectly enjoyed that way, so its would've convenience.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Didnt thought of such a thing.

I think the "i want to be able to switch graphical options like on pc, but i dont want a pc" posts are funnier.

But that thread is overall surprisingly civil at the moment.

I wasn't a fan of the water slide part but luckily it was a really short segment.

Yeah I didn't like that or the swimming to avoid robots part either.

Stop hatin' on Binary Bomain!

Uzzy

This is the game with the entire like, viking-esque family, right? Where there's like 4 or so (playable?) characters? If so, been waiting for some mo' gameplay. Tyvm.

I don't think so? I'm not aware of other playable characters, just the Shield Maiden.

Just some hours ago another user made the same post here, with zero sarcasm. I can't blame them.

Lots of that going around, actually. Not sure where the so incredibly obvious sarcasm was unless you're familiar with the user.
I actually thought both posts were from the same person but that I had seen the first in a different thread.
Though I did say to disregard my post in case of sarcasm.

Well yes but one was our resident Sony shill, the other Stallion Free. There's really no excuse for a regular reader getting confused.

Give me a break.
Outside a handful of people I only remember members by their avatar, not their name, and since I'm at work I have avatars off. I have no idea who the resident sony shill is supposed to be and I don't care.

oipic

musk2.jpg

Tesla unveils robot snake charger prototype

I need something like to refill my whiskey and coke when I game. Finally have a use for the tab key.

I'm beginning to thing that anything Elon Musk applies himself (and his resources) to is entirely possible - so it's just a matter of convincing him to prioritise this particular initiative. I think he'd be amenable.

Elon would make a fine visionary leader in the PC gaming space if he had the time and inclination - if Gabe ever steps aside, y'know, Valve and Steam could be in far worse hands, I reckon.

I'd very willingly take a one-way trip to his Mars colony and happily setup some LAN gaming or establish his local content distribution servers or whatever.

derExperte

Give me a break.
Outside a handful of people I only remember members by their avatar, not their name, and since I'm at work I have avatars off. I have no idea who the resident sony shill is supposed to be and I don't care.

Breaks are for the weak. Git gud at SteamGAFing.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm pretty sure EU is blocked from seeing any FF games on nuuvem, not entirely sure why US is not, aren't US FF prices are pretty close to EU prices on steam?

I can only see FFVIII from here in Sweden, with VPN there is no problem seeing all of them ofc.

Bigby

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bigby, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Platformines -- MB-56BD7FCF69BBFCAE - Taken by Spirited
DeadCore -- MB-1237C5BAA76239D6 - Taken by Saty

I enjoyed enough of my time with FF13 (even if it didn't become a super slog near the end), but it's pretty bad by FF standards. I'd probably pick any other FF game over it, yes even 10.

I hope all of you are buying FFXIII and the hit sequel FFXIII-2 so that they'll give us Lightning Returns
with more Lightning + waifu dress up

We still don't have a date for Lightning to Return, right?

Just some hours ago another user made the same post here, with zero sarcasm. I can't blame them.

Post History man. Clears it all up.

In patch 1.07, the level requirements for certain items were scaled up, leaving some players stuck with only unusable gear. With patch 1.08, we are introducing the Wolven Hour potion. This potion will be available in everyone's inventory once they install the patch. It will reduce level requirements on all gear for a period of one hour. This will give players time to level up or find alternative equipment using the gear that was available to them in patch 1.05 but became unusable after patch 1.07. After one hour, the potion's effects will cease and the requirements for all gear will revert to their original, pre-potion values.

Wow.....what?

And is this patch for PC or are we going to get dicked and have to wait again?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
the last time as unreliable source as twitter mentioned that it's still in plans for steam release but in Autumn.

If I remember right that was one of Squeenix's twitter accs so from a pretty reliable source, though they might just push the release up even more as we have no idea.

L.O.R.D

i got email approved for after i paid foe FF VIII , but i can't see the email ( i paid it without VPN )

after 3 minutes i activate VPN and bought FFVII and they sent me the key immediately

Dr Dogg

Wow.....what?

Yep possibly one of the most convoluted 'fixes' for an issue, that they introduced in 1.07, I think I've ever seen. "Rescale items appropriate to level? Nah let's just make a potion that reduces the requirements though also wears off after a while but by then I'm sure they will have found better gear."

Arthea

If I remember right that was one of Squeenix's twitter accs so from a pretty reliable source, though they might just push the release up even more as we have no idea.

ya, it's still not official statement, hence unreliable. If they were ready to release it soon, they would have announced a date and added the steam page for it already, no?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
ya, it's still not official statement, hence unreliable. If they were ready to release it soon, they would have announced a date and added the steam page for it already, no?

Yup you're right about that, wonder what problems they have with the port when it's taking so long.

Wow.....what?

One of the fixes is for the achievements on PC, so hopefully that's a decent sign of us non-dickage.

Yep possibly one of the most convoluted 'fixes' for an issue, that they introduced in 1.07, I think I've ever seen. "Rescale items appropriate to level? Nah let's just make a potion that reduces the requirements though also wears off after a while but by then I'm sure they will have found better gear."

Or they could level up in that hour! They were kind enough to express that as an option... in a game where levels come slooooooowly.

didamangi

So wow, mechanical keyboard really is the tits. Expecting buyers remorse shelling out $60 for "just" a keyboard but nah, should've done this a lifetime ago.

Wow.....what?

Jeez, glad I've 100% the game before they mess it up with the patches.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Twin Robots -- MB-409814F4D23B2251 - Taken by Kifimbo

Arthea

kinda Trails SC related news for lack of those

So we're still on track for summer right now, but it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility that it could slip to fall.

gah
now I'm sure we won't see it this summer, autumn that is.

keep in mind that before it was said that it's coming this summer no matter what, but we know how that works with SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom