• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Also, just catching up with the thread, so FF12 is actually the best FF.

I played a bunch of 13 on PS3, but never finished it because it started to become a chore and every battle after
Gran Pulse
started to feel like a miniboss. I think I may have made some mistakes with the way I spent the experience points. Or maybe I should have stayed in that previous location for longer or something, and I was underleveled? Dunno. Eventually I'll start again on PC.

Holy crap, MGS:pP PC version is sold out at the BS Thread.

EDIT: Where are you BernardoOne?

faHb61A.png

I played a bunch of 13 on PS3, but never finished it because it started to become a chore and every battle after
Gran Pulse
started to feel like a miniboss. I think I may have made some mistakes with the way I spent the experience points. Or maybe I should have stayed in that previous location for longer or something, and I was underleveled? Dunno. Eventually I'll start again on PC.

The battle system might be the only redeeming quality from FFXIII. Once you get it (and the game spends hours trying to teach you wtf is going on) it's keeps you coming back for more.

I'd dare say that FFXIII is the JRPG version of destiny, where the core gameplay is damn solid but everything wrapped around it is a turdfest

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
IO Interactive Explains Hitman's Confusing Digital Release Plan

"The game is going to cost $60, and anything that comes afterwards is included in that. There is no way in the game to spend more money than that," Seiffert explains. "When we compare just the single-player missions, the overall scope will be bigger than Hitman: Blood Money. It's a very big offering. Every week we'll add targets, contracts, features. Over the course of 2016, we'll also add new locations. to travel to. All of that is included in one price."

Parsnip

The battle system might be the only redeeming quality from FFXIII. Once you get it (and the game spends hours trying to teach you wtf is going on) it's keeps you coming back for more.

I'd dare say that FFXIII is the JRPG version of destiny, where the core gameplay is damn solid but everything wrapped around it is a turdfest

I keep hearing this which makes me wonder if I just simply missed some key aspect of the combat system at some point and that's why I was struggling.

Arthea

Gran Pulse

FF12 is one of the worst, only slightly better than 13 but not by much, combat of 13 is much better, but FF12 had a nice world (pointless, but nice looking) and even some non combat sidequests. It's even more of a chore to play than FF13 too, I don't know any other game where I had to read, talk on phone, eat and drink coffee during boss fights and still be bored out of my mind just by glancing at the screen.
And that horrible bunny nation, how can anyone tolerate that is beyond my understanding.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
The Witcher update is live...

I should finally finish that game :p

edit: beaten like a read headed witch in Novigrad

Parsnip

FF12 is one of the worst, only slightly better than 13 but not by much, combat of 13 is much better, but FF12 had a nice world (pointless, but nice looking) and even some non combat sidequests. It's even more of a chore to play than FF13 too, I don't know any other game where I had to read, talk on phone, eat and drink coffee during boss fights and still be bored out of my mind just by glancing at the screen.
And that horrible bunny nation, how can anyone tolerate that is beyond my understanding.
You obviously have bad taste.
You probably even like FF10, people with bad taste usually do.

Anyone knows if Indieroyale bundle buyers can still get Diadra Empty keys. It has been in the DEBUT 4 BUNDLE.

Edit: Found it. Have to send an email to rockinandroid.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Starbreeze to publish VR first-person shooter game based on John Wick

Starbreeze is working on a virtual reality, first-person shooter game based on Lionsgate property John Wick.

The publisher is working with VR theBlu: Encounter studio and distributor WEVR, on a “fully immersive VR experience” that will introduce the game.

Development team Grab, which has mobile games and VR experience, will spearhead the development. Starbreeze will be publishing the product across multiple VR platforms. The film’s producer Basil Iwanyk and his production team will be collaborating WEVR and Grab on the game.

The standalone, first-person shooter game is based on the world and characters of the John Wick films, centering around the Continental Hotel.

In addition, Starbreeze will further integrate the John Wick storyline into Payday 2.

A promo version of the the will be select events and stops on the HTC Vive World Tour and a teaser will be available at the launch of HTC Vive and available via SteamVR.

The full game is expected to be available on most existing VR headsets in Spring 2016.

Lionsgate is currently developing John Wick 2 for release next September, starring Keanu Reeves.

gg9Dvj3.jpg

Some random spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for darkchewie:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sideway New York -- MB-64F15E74D9B9DBCA - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Battleplan: American Civil War -- MB-593AB8E5946929F1 - Taken by texhnolyze. 5 entrants total.

t1438964783z1.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ice Cream Surfer -- MB-489A19B78E87B3BB - Taken by Kuroyume

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if this isn't exactly steam related, but rollbacks to previous versions are possible on GOG, right? I have the Witcher 3 there, and I don't want to deal with this 1.07 and 1.08 nonsense.

Arthea

You obviously have bad taste.
You probably even like FF10, people with bad taste usually do.
yes, I like FF10, at least much more than FF12, what's not to like?
I'm not sure why would you say I have a bad taste when you like a game where: there is basically no story to talk about, no character development of any sort, no point of doing anything you do in the game however little that is, not a single interesting gameplay mechanics, combat is only then efficient when it's fully on auto, boss fights take hours where you do nothing 95% of the time, most enemies are repainted skeletons and wolves over and over again.
Exploration and world are only two redeeming qualities. So basically you like walking sims, don't you? Because FF12 was very first of walking sims.

I just realised that this will be totally off topic if FF12 never released on steam, and very likely it won't.
I'm so sorry

zkylon

zkylewd
i think the very open leveling system in ff12 is also super praiseworthy and for someone like myself that didn't know any programming at the time playing around with the ai system was very intriguing and it was very rewarding to figure it out and see it in action, i very much loved that

wouldn't say your criticism of the game isn't without merits tho, cos the characters are mostly really lame and the whole single player mmo thing isn't something i particularly like, but i think there's some really cool stuff about ff12 and at least i love the fact that they turned the gameplay of the series on its head

---

also and completely unrelated i still can't figure out if i like the hitman thing or not. like, i feel like everyone jumping in on this drip-fed free dlc business sounds nice in theory but unless that game actually means anything to you i feel like it's gonna be pretty annoying to be constantly reminded of the stuff you're missing, which undoubtely will never be enough for a reinstall or even to boot up your save again, at least in most cases.

like, this stuff is one of the reasons i still play league after like almost 4 years now, but it also has to do with me being super in love with the base gameplay and the world and with league being that thing i do with friends or whatever. but league is a game that doesn't rely so much on 'content' to exist and it's not a game that i can "beat" and just feel like i'm done with it

for something like hitman in which there are like 10 missions and once i killed all the funny accent people i feel satisfied and don't want to touch the damn thing ever again i just don't think it would work so well, even if it's free stuff

and on the other hand it just makes me feel like it'll be super light in content on release, but we'll have to see about that

Damn, that's a lot of FF talk.
I'd join the debate but I'm so sick and tired of it, lol.

TW3 really raised my expectations for certain visual aspects.
I fired up Metro LL Redux and was taken aback by how bad the character's faces look in comparison.

Parsnip

Just watched some MGS Peace Walker story summary videos on the tubes, I think I'm almost ready to jump in to Ground Zeroes.

yes, I like FF10, at least much more than FF12, what's not to like?
I'm not sure why would you say I have a bad taste when you like a game where: there is basically no story to talk about, no character development of any sort, no point of doing anything you do in the game however little that is, not a single interesting gameplay mechanics, combat is only then efficient when it's fully on auto, boss fights take hours where you do nothing 95% of the time, most enemies are repainted skeletons and wolves over and over again.
Exploration and world are only two redeeming qualities. So basically you like walking sims, don't you? Because FF12 was very first of walking sims.

I just realised that this will be totally off topic if FF12 never released on steam, and very likely it won't.
I'm so sorry
It's like you played a different game than I.

It's just my opinion of course, but 12 has the best story, best dialogue (that godly A.O. Smith localization), best VO, best soundtrack, best battle system, best characters (excluding Vaan and Penelo), best art style etc etc. Its mature approach to story and characters is just miles ahead of anything in the series before and after as far as writing goes, characters are actually multidimensional beings as opposed to one dimensional caricatures. The writing not being mostly nonsensical anime bullshit goes a long way already.

Lain

I'm almost out of the indiebundle +1 bug. I just need to drop the preorder groupees bundles bug and I'll be in the clear.

New BundleStars

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/firepower-bundle/

FIREPOWER BUNDLE

Meridian: New World
Battle Group 2
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
Imperial Glory
Praetorians

Also this:

Hyperdimension deals - Up to 65% off this weekend!

Zany JRPG madness! Break the fourth wall with up to 65% off Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 and 2 this weekend!
60% off Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2
65% off Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth

People aren't reading the full quotes.

"Over time do we want more developers to come over to our store and offer it in addition to Steam? Absolutely. Is competition good for people? Absolutely. But our goal right now isn't to do anything else other than support Steam and help it run great on Windows 10."

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't know why Final Fantasy fans can't all get along and realize that every game is great in it's own way and that there is no reason to fight about which is best or worst.

Pachimari

Just sold my Xbox 360 collection as well, and another is coming for my New 3DS on Monday.
Now I'm sitting with my PC, PS3 and PS4 literally.

It'll be tough in the start but it feels alright.

And Metal Gear will soon heal my wounds anyway. ;)

Phawx

This isn't Steam related, but I'm excited: My N3DS with video out mod is out for delivery from Japan!

Took about two months.

Deques

I don't know why Final Fantasy fans can't all get along and realize that every game is great in it's own way and that there is no reason to fight about which is best or worst.

I believe that the hardcore FF fans think that every FF elements, (Chocobos, moogles, turn-based battle, summons and all that mumbo jumbo) needs to be in every FF game

That Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition video got me really keen to dive back into the game. it's a shame that the developers are targeting an October release date because I'm already hyped for Tales of Zestiria and Xenoblade so my Autumn/Winter RPG time is pretty much eaten up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom