• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Ctrl-F "disasters"

:(

Everything else sounds great, though.

I'll never understand everybody's love for disasters in city builders.

I spend countless hours crafting the best city attempt of a city gridlock, just to watch it being destroyed by Bowser - or my father plopping dozens of nuclear plants in my SC3K saves, all of them blowing up at the same time, we could never understand why?

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope!

Ouch... not sure I can resist the temptation for Ys.

Can play them in any order, right? Origins good to start with?

You can, but i'd recommend playing Ys I+II before. It'll enhance the experience more.

Preferred order: Ys chronicles -> Oath -> Origin

The battle system is vastly different in oath and origin compared to Ys I & II as well.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Arthea, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arthea, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1 -- MB-0C666CB563B8374D - Taken by Werd. 29 entrants total.
Nep Nep may bless you

t1438977504z1.png

Terra_Ex

And you have to know what games that uses the registry to save game progress!! So much pain in the butt
Using registry to store the save progression should be banned.
The registry is definitely one of the worst places to store save data if you want your players to have any hope of remembering to back it up. That said, it's always been a clusterfuck- older games used to save in their own directory, then everyone commandeered the "my docs" folder and now the hidden AppData folder in Users is another favourite place to hide savegames.

Is no one playing the Swindle? It looks like Mark of the Ninja and Rogue Legacy had a baby. I haven't seen much buzz for it here but it looks pretty good

Jawmuncher

I spend countless hours crafting the best city attempt of a city gridlock, just to watch it being destroyed by Bowser - or my father plopping dozens of nuclear plants in my SC3K saves, all of them blowing up at the same time, we could never understand why?

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope!

There's fun in recreating a city of destruction. Not everything lasts forever all perfectly.

Deques

Started and finished A Bird Story, took a bit more than an hour to complete. I dunno what to say about it, the story wasn't as good as To the Moon,
although it had somewhat a happy ending unlike To the Moon that had a semi-happy ending
. Now I have to idle for the cards >.<

A Bird Story is my 40th finished game of this year :D

Dsyndrome

"What I&#8217;d say is, my goal is to bring&#8212;to build&#8212;great PC games, and I think there&#8217;s some great PC games that can come from the things that we&#8217;ve done on console, but that&#8217;s not the only place that they would come from. And there might be some games in our console portfolio that don&#8217;t work on PC, and vice versa.

How would these games not work on PC? Because you decided they won't work on PC. Just like Fable 2.

But MS is giving out cross buy type deals with their games on the w10 store...
So you don't have to double dip, in theory.
Microsoft has clarified that cross-buy functionality for games on both Windows 10 and Xbox One only applies to limited DLC options and not full games. Go here to read the full statement.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
How would these games not work on PC? Because you decided they won't work on PC. Just like Fable 2.

They wouldn't work on PC because some of the games if on PC would probably make XBOX as a console not a brand less of a buy for many.

So short for MS needs some xbox one exclusives and why not get people too double-dip before some of them come to PC.

Dsyndrome

“Cross-buy for games like “Fable Legends” and “Gigantic” refers to in-game purchases and downloadable content that can be accessed whether you are playing on Xbox One or Windows 10. As we bring more titles to Windows 10 and Xbox One and enable rich cross-device scenarios, we will continue to listen to our fans and evaluate what’s best for each individual game.” – a Microsoft spokesperson

So is there cross-buy at all?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Another KF2 update, talking about the Demolition class - plus, first set of dual wield pistols!

AUGUST 7 - [TW]YOSHIRO
Click, Boom! Those who need “Click, Click, Boom!” haven’t done their work properly and are more prone to fieldwork injury when working as a Demo. The Demo is the second perk coming online in our upcoming “Incinerate ‘N Detonate” update, and we’ve finalized the first pass of the Demo skill tree. Below you will find all the explosive details:

Tier 1 - Technique
Grenade Supplier: Team can receive an extra grenade from you one per wave
OR
On Contact: Your dynamite blows up on contact with a zed

Tier 2 - Resistance
Resistance: Reduce damage taken from explosives (for you and your team if they are close enough)
OR
Sacrifice: When you die, you trigger an explosion, hopefully getting your revenge

Tier 3 - Advanced Techniques
Door Traps: Weld slower, but doors you weld will explode when broken
OR
Siren Resistance: Grenades have a chance of not being destroyed by Siren screams

Tier 4 - Weapon Techniques
Off Perk: Do extra damage with off perk weapons
OR
On Perk: Increase reaction, stumble and knock down power for demo weapons

Tier 5 - Advanced Explosives
Zed Time Nuke: Explosives dish out massive radiation damage in zed time, poisoning zeds
OR
Zed Time Concussive Force: Explosions have a massive knockdown force in zed time

As a Demo levels up the following stats will also increase as their passive bonuses:

• Demo Weapon Damage
  • Explosive Resistance
  • Extra explosive ammo

I am also pleased to let the community know that something else will be coming in the update. While the main focus of this update is of course the Demo and the Firebug we have been prototyping how dual pistols will work. When this update goes live players will now be able to purchase dual 9mm pistols from the trader (fill out that extra slot in your build, or go nuts and challenge Hans with dualies only)!

Dualies2.jpg

And to top things off for the week I will once again present our Dev Days Left chart. Things to note: Several devs are no longer working towards this update (their work on this update is done and they have moved onto future content). Once all work is wrapped up on content the build goes into a full QA mode (make sure we did not introduce new crashes, check for new bugs and fix, or break old systems).

DevDays8_7.PNG

Sober

lol yeah no Quantum Break is coming
Yeah unless QB suddenly sells like 90 million units it's gonna get ported over at the very least give or take 12-18 months.

Or are digital sales on consoles providing as long a tail as they're hoping to see on PC or at least enough to justify not having to port and doubling down on moneyhat exclusives?

Caerith

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope!

City builders with disasters should also have things you can do to deal with disasters.

Fires? Building materials that aren't wood.
Floods? Drainage.
Bowser? Voltron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom