• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eanan

Seriously, DmC has to be one of the best optimised games on PC that has been released for console also. It runs FLAWLESSLY at ultra everything at least for me. I wish all games were these well optimised :(

Seriously, DmC has to be one of the best optimised games on PC that has been released for console also. It runs FLAWLESSLY at ultra everything at least for me. I wish all games were these well optimised :(
It's unreal 3 though. There haven't really been terrible ue3 games outside of those with performance killing physx options like borderlands 2. Or games that haven't been finished yet, like arkham knight.

You have to try to make a bad port for a ue3 game to have performance issues.

Salsa

rocket league servers fuckin up so I went back to The Witcher 3, still going through skellige 100 hours in

launched it and felt like this

lnggng.gif

nghh

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Cardiac Risk in the Young DLC

Purchase this DLC to help raise awareness for Cardiac Risk in the Young, it will be removed after this weekend! Anyone who purchases this will receive a special thank you note/image after the weekend is over.

Recently, the world of computer science and game development lost someone who was likely destined to be a giant in the field, with the passing of Alex Camilleri. Alex was an inspiration to many, including myself, At only 21 years old, Alex had demonstrated his genius many times over, through his ability to help others learn the art and science of programming and coding, as well as having won InnoJam, a competitive software and coding convention which focuses on innovation and creativity. A student of Sheffield Hallam University, Alex was pursuing the passion for coding and programming which had motivated him since primary school.
Beyond his accomplishments in the worlds of coding and computer science however, Alex was also a dear and dedicated friend. Serving as an inspiration to not only myself, but countless others he came across, his ability to challenge those he was working with both technically and intellectually, allowed him to be the kind of man who created fun and engaging environments wherever he went. It was actually through my work with him that I was able to develop my coding skills, allowing my own ventures, to be able to become a reality.
The world has lost some of it's glow in his absence. All because of a preventable tragedy. So in his honor, we wish to raise money to donate to CRY (http://www.c-r-y.org.uk/[1] ) an organization that is working to help save the lives of people just like Alex with life-threatening cardiac conditions that have gone undiagnosed.
This weekend 50% of all sales made on the listed products below, as well as 100% of all donations made to the memorial page below, will be donated to CRY so we can help raise awareness, so never again do we lose bright young minds like Alex.

did the gwent tornument in w3, why sasha go so hard? she took me like 4 tries to beat. Had to keep adjusting my deck until i was finally able to beat her. she has to many draw two cards :mad: just look at her last stand:

i saved dandelion for last just incase she had any of those cards that destroys the highest card on the field (cause she just shits those cards out all the time)

Backlogger

I'm sitting on $33 of steam wallet funds. I wish there was an easy way to get mgsv with it. Miss the Russian bear grumble grumble

Do a trade of some sorts with someone that has one of the Nvidia keys seems like the best way to me. Such as buy them something from their wishlist or give them keys.

Miff

Purchase this DLC to help raise awareness for Cardiac Risk in the Young

Their description isn't clear at all, my first thought was that only 50% of the profits (of an empty DLC) was going to charity unless it was donated via some external memorial page.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed the thread title. Can't believe that's true, but it is. 6 more years until it takes Duke Nukem Forever's crown, right?

Tizoc

I managed, Veggie.

E: I lied.

That's an interesting error. Maybe you're right. Let's contact and find out. :")

They'll probably have a 23% code, at least, though. Maybe. We can dream.

They already HAVE a 23% coupon going on rightnow :p

Have there been any sales on Rocket League yet? I'm dying to try it out but I can't justify the price tag with how much I've spent on games recently.

Dsyndrome

I'm happy to report that the merchant North of the Hanged Man Tree has now been successfully freed from his cage, only took three months. Also, Keira so wants the G.

Sucks Bernardo was right about Nuuvem, game isn't even available in NA without a VPN. I'll hold out for GMG, or just wait I guess. Still haven't beaten PO or Peacewalker.

Sch1sm

Maybe they took it down because people are just collecting codes to sell on ebay.

Potentially. Wouldn't be shocked. I sent in an email to find out. Who knows what'll happen.

They already HAVE a 23% coupon going on rightnow :p

I didn't get this email yet!

23% would be $48.

I don't need the game at launch, if I can't get a code for $30 or lower.
It will get discounted eventually.

Free.
On PS+

Do they even have a price up yet? Still says coming soon, no? You're probably right regardless, since even Nuuvem is asking for a steep price this time around, so I don't see GMG discounting it themselves and then giving us a code to get it even cheaper.

I won't be buying the game immediately, myself. I still need to get through MGR and GZ, and I have no motivation for them currently.

Werd

In the last 3 weeks I've entered exactly 3 giveaways, each with 15-30 entrants, and won them all. I should go get a scratch off. Here's a little back.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Werd, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vertical Drop Heroes- -- MB-D31EED0D85A63869 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-22F946F73E0D8902 - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-A7BAF83FE12931B4 - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars JK II -- MB-807706821E2D2251 - Taken by Vlad. 7 entrants total.

t1439004206z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Is it weird that I'm more excited for Divinity Original Sin EE than The Phantom Pain? I mean I love Metal Gear Solid as much as the next guy. But I don't know, with so many great games that's coming out this year and early next year. My anticipation for MGSV lessen with each passing day.

I'm with frost, I can wait till it's $30 or cheaper.

Also, Blood Bowl 2 is coming out. Hell yeah!

Ruruja

Is it weird that I'm more excited for Divinity Original Sin EE than The Phantom Pain? I mean I love Metal Gear Solid as much as the next guy. But I don't know, with so many great games that's coming out this year and early next year. My anticipation for MGSV lessen with each passing day.

You will feel ashamed of your words and deeds.

Sch1sm

SAVE23-WITHGM-GAUG15

no email required

Thanks. Site was only giving me the 20% for whatever reason.

No regrets to be had. If you already own the original game, Enhanced is free, isn't it? Yeah. Can't argue with free.

Been quite some time but I did finish a game. Binary Domain. Just a couple minuted ago.

So much going through my head. Very satisfying. All of it. Gameplay and story. But what happens now? It just started with the story picking up real nice.
On that. Wowzer, I am legit surprised how darn well the story is. Theme is just great. Characters also were very good even though at first they all seemed pretty bland. They grew on me. Expect the British douche duo. Charlie is so annoying and Rachel has about the same character as a cardboard box. The others though. So cool how your team expands with even surprising new people!

Visuals are so good. Never did trashing robots felt and looked so nice. Spectacular vistas with huge, ginormous levels, especially in height. Impressive.

At the end when
it turned out Faye is a child of a new form of robot, I was truly shocked. The reactions of my teammates though. Acting like she is a lifeless toaster or something. Hating on her and talking about killing her like it is nothing. Man, I just wanted to blast all of them away!
Then I even had to fight her. Boy I couldn't even muster aiming at her. And when she talked to me during the fight I really felt it when I said "I love you". I didn't want to fight her. The the interactive cutscene where she has Charlie hostage and I slide to my pistol and we have a slow-mo standoff. Boy, BOY! I replayed that so many times. Tried to shoot her pistol off her hands. No dice. Waited so she understands I don't want this. No luck again. I even shot Charlie in the head and felt no remorse what so ever. But devs didn't deem that acceptable, so again. Finally shot her in the leg. Now things were advancing again. She lived at least. Then another cutscene, not interactive. Oh oh. She's on the ground, I point my gun at her. Don't! He shoots, I get seriously angry. All the stuff I did to save her. And the cutscene me shoots her. This sucks... wait, I shot besides her! She's well!
Damn, so happy!

Ending was good as well.
I was anticipating a traitor moment but not like the military but Bergen being behind all it. Framing Amada. Wasn't the case. Ended on a good note though. Everyone's safe. Besides Bo. I rescued him at the satellite dish but he took the bullet for Faye. My team is even kinda ok with her now. Nice. Gonna miss you Bo. Charlie and Rachel still suck though.

What an end though. It begs and screams for a sequel. An even bigger and badassier one! Globetrotting. Conspiracy revealing. Relationship intensifying.

Man, it was a great ride. What a great, great game. How come I knew of this for so long but always thought "bland shooter game"? It's anything but. Totally recommend. So recommend.

No, not weird at all. Too many great games coming out, and D:OS EE does look great. I'm waiting for a sale to purchase it.

If you don't intend to play MGSV asap then just wait for a better price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom