• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly wait for a 32", scaling at 28" is fucker on the eyes.

I was thinking of a 40" 4k screen once, a reminder of this and how much neck strain I had with a 50" stopped me:

i cant use my pc like that, i got a desk for my monitor and i've tried having the keyboard and mouse on it but the monitor is far to close to me eyes, so i got one of those tv dinner table things and i put some distance between the monitor and me, like this one except with a bit more width
images

Do they even have a price up yet? Still says coming soon, no? You're probably right regardless, since even Nuuvem is asking for a steep price this time around, so I don't see GMG discounting it themselves and then giving us a code to get it even cheaper.

I won't be buying the game immediately, myself. I still need to get through MGR and GZ, and I have no motivation for them currently.

Gonna be $59.99, just like Fallout 4.
If they VIP it, it might be about $43 or something, like the current Nuuvem conversion, I'd bet.

No, not weird at all. Too many great games coming out, and D:OS EE does look great. I'm waiting for a sale to purchase it.

If you don't intend to play MGSV asap then just wait for a better price.

Quiet you. You have games to play. :3

Shadownet

Banned
No regrets to be had. If you already own the original game, Enhanced is free, isn't it? Yeah. Can't argue with free.
Yeah I have it. Suck that I have to wait till October for EE.

No, not weird at all. Too many great games coming out, and D:OS EE does look great. I'm waiting for a sale to purchase it.

If you don't intend to play MGSV asap then just wait for a better price.
I mean if I have it, I would play it asap. But I've played four MGS games before. At this point newer things like Mad Max and Divinity are more interesting to me. (I have Divinity, but never really play it)

It's like Madden, I love football games, but while I would like to play this year Madden. I won't get it nor am I that excited to play it since I've play previous versions before and they tend to be the same.

Caerith

Is it weird that I'm more excited for Divinity Original Sin EE than The Phantom Pain? I mean I love Metal Gear Solid as much as the next guy. But I don't know, with so many great games that's coming out this year and early next year. My anticipation for MGSV lessen with each passing day.

I'm with frost, I can wait till it's $30 or cheaper.

Also, Blood Bowl 2 is coming out. Hell yeah!

No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses.

You don't think it's infected, do you?

Now where is my pepper? Did it sprout legs and run away? Ah, there it is. Achoo!

(To think, everything is going to be voiced in the EE.)

Quiet you. You have games to play. :3
Yessir! It's still downloading :p

Yeah I have it. Suck that I have to wait till October for EE.

I mean if I have it, I would play it asap. But I've played four MGS games before. At this point newer things like Mad Max and Divinity are more interesting to me. (I have Divinity, but never really play it)

It's like Madden, I love football games, but while I would like to play this year Madden. I won't get it nor am I that excited to play it since I've play previous versions before and they tend to be the same.
I get where you're coming from, I'm like that with sports games myself.

yuraya

That Star Citizen demo >_> bruh talk about eye candy holy shit. Those guys sure are ambitious.

Is it weird that I'm more excited for Divinity Original Sin EE than The Phantom Pain? I mean I love Metal Gear Solid as much as the next guy. But I don't know, with so many great games that's coming out this year and early next year. My anticipation for MGSV lessen with each passing day.

Its nice that D:OS is getting enhanced edition but it was never needed. Voice acting and pad support are great features but they aren't essential for the type of game Divinity is. The game was fine the way it is and everyone should have already played it on pc. Its a great addition for console gamers but PC gamers who already have it in their library need to play it instead of waiting. It won SteamGAF's game of the year without any enhanced addition :p

Anyways MGSV is a farewell game from Kojima that looking to be a masterpiece. Its the type of game we will probably won't see again for decades. Kojima has had like 5+ years of time to work on it which is like twice as long as he had for any previous MGS game. I can't wait to see how it all ends.

No way I would put D:OS ahead of MGSV in any type of way. And D:OS is easily the best rpg since FNV.

Lolcomin

Banned
I am waiting for MGSV, it's bout to take up all my free time. Putting down CSGO as it refuses to rank me up after a couple straight wins top fragging

indeed it is. text so blurry and small. and i'm on a 27"monitor

i feel if i ever take advantage of hi res, i will definitely need a new monitor

Neat!
I'm on a smaller monitor (TV) though, 24" haha.

Got MGSV for $40 through BST couple weeks ago, no regrets now :p

Do a trade of some sorts with someone that has one of the Nvidia keys seems like the best way to me. Such as buy them something from their wishlist or give them keys.

Can someone teach me how to do this wallet trade thing in the market?
My wallet is in Rupiah (SEA region), does that mean I'm limited to SEA trading only?This is where I'm supposed to post my trade offer right?
I have about $33 worth of wallet if converted to dollars right now.

Caerith

That Star Citizen demo >_> bruh talk about eye candy holy shit. Those guys sure are ambitious.

Its nice that D:OS is getting enhanced edition but it was never needed. Voice acting and pad support are great features but they aren't essential for the type of game Divinity is. The game was fine the way it is and everyone should have already played it on pc. Its a great addition for console gamers but PC gamers who already have it in their library need to play it instead of waiting. It won SteamGAF's game of the year without any enhanced addition :p

Anyways MGSV is a farewell game from Kojima that looking to be a masterpiece. Its the type of game we will probably won't see again for decades. Kojima has had like 5+ years of time to work on it which is like twice as long as he had for any previous MGS game. I can't wait to see how it all ends.

No way I would put D:OS ahead of MGSV in any type of way. And D:OS is easily the best rpg since FNV.

I think the big draws aren't so much gamepad support and voice acting but local co-op and a reworked ending. Also maybe with the changes to crafting they're going to add recipes for crushing weapons because Act I is kinda rough with just piercing and slashing.

Sch1sm

Neat!
I'm on a smaller monitor (TV) though, 24" haha.

Can someone teach me how to do this wallet trade thing in the market?
My wallet is in Rupiah (SEA region), does that mean I'm limited to SEA trading only?This is where I'm supposed to post my trade offer right?
I have about $33 worth of wallet if converted to dollars right now.

Backlogger is talking about this thread.

Also, yes. You're restricted to people in your region for gifting. Them region locks.

derExperte

Good idea to jump from Batman:O (Cold, Cold Heart was a great finisher) to Deadpool, no real need for timing so far and superfast paced, nice relief from all that grittiness. I might've even laughed once or twice.

Good idea to jump from Batman:O (Cold, Cold Heart was a great finisher) to Deadpool, no real need for timing so far and superfast paced, nice relief from all that grittiness. I might've even laughed once or twice.

Deadpool is a fun ride.

I think the big draws aren't so much gamepad support and voice acting but local co-op and a reworked ending. Also maybe with the changes to crafting they're going to add recipes for crushing weapons because Act I is kinda rough with just piercing and slashing.

Gamepad support IS a huge draw for me.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Been quite some time but I did finish a game. Binary Domain. Just a couple minuted ago.

So much going through my head. Very satisfying. All of it. Gameplay and story. But what happens now? It just started with the story picking up real nice.
On that. Wowzer, I am legit surprised how darn well the story is. Theme is just great. Characters also were very good even though at first they all seemed pretty bland. They grew on me. Expect the British douche duo. Charlie is so annoying and Rachel has about the same character as a cardboard box. The others though. So cool how your team expands with even surprising new people!

Visuals are so good. Never did trashing robots felt and looked so nice. Spectacular vistas with huge, ginormous levels, especially in height. Impressive.

At the end when
it turned out Faye is a child of a new form of robot, I was truly shocked. The reactions of my teammates though. Acting like she is a lifeless toaster or something. Hating on her and talking about killing her like it is nothing. Man, I just wanted to blast all of them away!
Then I even had to fight her. Boy I couldn't even muster aiming at her. And when she talked to me during the fight I really felt it when I said "I love you". I didn't want to fight her. The the interactive cutscene where she has Charlie hostage and I slide to my pistol and we have a slow-mo standoff. Boy, BOY! I replayed that so many times. Tried to shoot her pistol off her hands. No dice. Waited so she understands I don't want this. No luck again. I even shot Charlie in the head and felt no remorse what so ever. But devs didn't deem that acceptable, so again. Finally shot her in the leg. Now things were advancing again. She lived at least. Then another cutscene, not interactive. Oh oh. She's on the ground, I point my gun at her. Don't! He shoots, I get seriously angry. All the stuff I did to save her. And the cutscene me shoots her. This sucks... wait, I shot besides her! She's well!
Damn, so happy!

Ending was good as well.
I was anticipating a traitor moment but not like the military but Bergen being behind all it. Framing Amada. Wasn't the case. Ended on a good note though. Everyone's safe. Besides Bo. I rescued him at the satellite dish but he took the bullet for Faye. My team is even kinda ok with her now. Nice. Gonna miss you Bo. Charlie and Rachel still suck though.

What an end though. It begs and screams for a sequel. An even bigger and badassier one! Globetrotting. Conspiracy revealing. Relationship intensifying.

Man, it was a great ride. What a great, great game. How come I knew of this for so long but always thought "bland shooter game"? It's anything but. Totally recommend. So recommend.
You know, I had a lot more fun reading your experience and opinions on the game than actually playing it myself. It's a shame because it had potential, but I couldn't enjoy it. All the characters were annoying to me, writing was bad, the plot didn't hook me, and walking slowly while listening to the dialogue soured the experience.

It looked nice at times, the water was well done. And the shooting mechanics weren't bad either. But it felt really generic, even though it's kinda unique if you think about it (robot dismemberment, voice commands -which I didn't use-, an original sci-fi story).

Maniac

Banned
All this recent talk of snakes and big bosses makes me realise I really, really ought to catch up on some MGS lore considering I've only played Ground Zeroes and MGS 1 & 2.

Wot videos or whatever would you folks recommend? I'd appreciate it hella lot.

fertygo

Hopefully there's launch week deals for Divinity:OS EE or some sort of, its seem they block any kind of significant deals for past few month :(

My past gifs were maybe a bit troubling for some browsers and PCs (thanks for the friendly reminder), so I'll post fewer this time.
And since I played the ending today anyway, I'll refrain from "showing" them all even. Boss fight stuff. So I'll just link them.

Here's a short and funny clip. Was so unexpected that I actually laughed a bit.

At least here is another really cool vista shot from one of the MP maps. Seems servers are offline, couldn't find anyone online to try it out.

NE4GNHD.gif

This was so fun. I was watching the enemy doing a weird movement but totally forget that he actually came my way to hit me, lol

Really love the camera work and transitions between cutscene and gameplay. So cinematic.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PandaPedinte:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Contraption Maker -- MB-370373222EC34624 - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
Latin America Only
Rising Thunder Alpha key 2 -- MB-2156AA7080A2FB2C - Taken by pantsattack. 1 entrants total.
redeem on risingthunder.com
Rising Thunder Alpha key 1 -- MB-600E4C176CA48D5C - Taken by Conor_Fool. 1 entrants total.
redeem on risingthunder.com

t1439010265z1.png

I hope the rate of cutscenes gets lower in binary domain. It's like I'm shooting 5 robots and then Big Bo wants to have a threesome with a hooker and me. Then some more robots.

Though I'll admit, I like the characters and the story is interesting. I can see the philosophical questions it will eventually pose regard the hollow children and I can sense the tropes related to it coming already. But still, it's pretty intriguing. I like how things play out a bit differently depend long on who you have in your aqua during events, for example.

Werd

My enjoyment of Binary Domain was directly related to how many flimsy robots were stacked together in a hallway and what charge level I had on my gun.

Miguel81

My past gifs were maybe a bit troubling for some browsers and PCs (thanks for the friendly reminder), so I'll post fewer this time.
And since I played the ending today anyway, I'll refrain from "showing" them all even. Boss fight stuff. So I'll just link them.

Here's a short and funny clip. Was so unexpected that I actually laughed a bit.

At least here is another really cool vista shot from one of the MP maps. Seems servers are offline, couldn't find anyone online to try it out.

http://i.imgur.com/NE4GNHD.gif[IMG]

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/HTx9szS.gif"]This was so fun. I was watching the enemy doing a weird movement but totally forget that he actually came my way to hit me, lol[/URL]

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/f5iAaX1.gif"]Really love the camera work and transitions between cutscene and gameplay. So cinematic.[/URL][/QUOTE]

Haha. Those gifs of yours(and impressions) have actually made me consider giving it a go. My plate is a little full right now, though. Still 2 or 3 titles to complete after my Arkham Origins achievement run before I can get to this.

All this recent talk of snakes and big bosses makes me realise I really, really ought to catch up on some MGS lore considering I've only played Ground Zeroes and MGS 1 & 2.

Wot videos or whatever would you folks recommend? I'd appreciate it hella lot.

There's a 3-hour peace walker movie on youtube. That'll cover you PW's story. You'll still want to watch/play MGS 3 first though.

Backlogger is talking about this thread.

Also, yes. You're restricted to people in your region for gifting. Them region locks.

Well, as expected.
Got it, I'll check it later when I'm home. Thanks.

There's a 3-hour peace walker movie on youtube. That'll cover you PW's story. You'll still want to watch/play MGS 3 first though.

I know I need to finish PW before I get to MGSV, so that's cool, cause it'll help me wait for a better price.

However, I don't even know how much of MGS3 is going to come into play, considering the overall plus/minus of what happened:

Naked Snake kills the unit that betrays him and his mentor earning the name Big Boss. He lost an eye to Vulgarin (IIRC), and hooked up with Eva in a cave. Crisis averted.

Having watched the opening to GZ, MGS3 didn't help me at all and I just felt like I was lost because I hadn't played PW.

Jawmuncher

Don't be surprised when MGS3 and PW are barely even brought up for MGSV. Outside of the characters like Miller and a few other who appeared in PW. It really seems like the story stuff won't really affect MGSV. Because there's no reason for it to.

Soulflarz

Banned
Don't be surprised when MGS3 and PW are barely even brought up for MGSV. Outside of the characters like Miller and a few other who appeared in PW. It really seems like the story stuff won't really affect MGSV. Because there's no reason for it to.

Hey the original MGS5 is going to matter for MGS5. It's not like all of GZ was a followup to PW or anything.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cargo 3 -- MB-7835C60054276656 - Taken by bluechox2

Jawmuncher

Hey the original MGS5 is going to matter for MGS5. It's not like all of GZ was a followup to PW or anything.

I don't think GZ will matter much either. Outside of the actual ending. Which was already shown numerous times in trailers.
I'm saying in the sense that, I don't think MGSV TPP will be set to where you'll be so lost if you didn't play anything before it.
It seems like it's taking a page from MGS1, where you can know the stuff from earlier games. But you won't need to for full enjoyment.

Since nothing big has really been left open from what we know.

Miguel81

I have no way of playing PW outside of PPSSPP atm. That lack of a collection for the PC/Steam is disappointing.

At least GZ had some info pertaining to that title, so I wasn't completely lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom