• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC gaming has gone too far.

Also, random poop
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

CHIP -- MB-174DE4745E0F3B49 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Soul Gambler -- MB-528D02AF53989E6C - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-3424B95BF8BA43DE - Taken by Stronghammer22. 1 entrants total.
Greyfox -- MB-1736ED2E505C16F1 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.

t1439020785z1.png

So I made this thing...

Basically, Enhanced Steam will grab a list of the games you own, then pick one at random. It will then pop up the box for that game and ask if you'd like to run it. If you say yes, it will launch the game through Steam (or prompt you to install it if you don't already have that game installed).

Should be kinda neato

Oooo, seems like a great feature!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I made this thing...

Basically, Enhanced Steam will grab a list of the games you own, then pick one at random. It will then pop up the box for that game and ask if you'd like to run it. If you say yes, it will launch the game through Steam (or prompt you to install it if you don't already have that game installed).

Should be kinda neato

So I made this thing...

Should be kinda neato

Is there an option for a random unplayed game? That might be worth a go.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Caerith

So I made this thing...

Should be kinda neato

Ooh, can you make a "Launch best game" feature that looks at your library, evaluates all the user review percentages, and then launches New Vegas?

Ooh, can you make a "Launch best game" feature that looks at your library, evaluates all the user review percentages, and then launches New Vegas?
Oh that sounds really cool, I'd love to know what is the best game I own but haven't played since I need some sort of system to try and sort through my backlog.

Knurek

I hate my ISP so much, that's like fourth Saturday in a row where I lose internet access in the morning. Of course nobody's picking up the phone at their service line. Fuckers, all of them. :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm doing it, the giant leap of faith, upgrading from Win7 to Win10

10% and no explosions so far

Deques

Good idea. I'll see what I can come up with.
Please also add option to select single player or multiplayer games, that would be great

So Type-0 HD from GMG does include the DOTA bonuses after all?

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/rpgs/final-fantasy-type-0-hd/
Now add it to VIP sale

nylon hose = pantyhose = stockings (sorta)

so... any place you can buy female undergarments, most likely.
SteamGaf discussing women's undergarments? Or am I in the wrong place?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck!. My desktop was a one-off affair, but my laptop took two tries as it reverted back to Win7. You doing a clean install afterwards?

Perhaps, let's see how clean/smooth it looks first

jshackles

Please also add option to select single player or multiplayer games, that would be great

Looks like I'll just have basic functionality at first, but can probably add more options later.

titch

I am afraid they are. Most games that are made with Unity are the same

All of this Binary Domain love makes me want to finally experience another one of these underrated gems.

Didn't even have it on my w/l till it started getting love here - dont even think i booted up my 360 disk...............

Good idea. I'll see what I can come up with.

More awesome work js - cheers!!!

Deques

Looks like I'll just have basic functionality at first, but can probably add more options later.

Well, it's better to have the basic function first then improve it with filter options. I have one more function that I would like to see and that it also can pick random game that me and one or more friends have

Hah, I used to use the nylons wrapped round the fan trick a few years back on an older case. Not once did my PC ignite into a fireball. Luckily I didn't have to do the awkward buying, just the awkward explanation to the wife that I needed a pair from the pack she bought. I have a VERY understanding wife :p

dex3108

I hate my ISP so much, that's like fourth Saturday in a row where I lose internet access in the morning. Of course nobody's picking up the phone at their service line. Fuckers, all of them. :(

I know that feeling. Few years ago for a whole month i didn't have internet from Friday afternoon to Monday (support was operational Monday-Friday). But now my ISP has 24/7 support so i can call them.

Milamber

Wish I had a brother with access to lots of Nvidia cards lying about my workplace.

EDIT: I have a ton of old Savage S3's in a box though.

derExperte

Fucking SNOW achievements fucking up my rare achievement showcase yet again. I could of course use the one that I can put together myself but I'd rather complain. On the other hand I'm installing the game again, some snow would be nice right about now.

So how many indie devs have been cursing Steam Refund?

Lately I haven't heard of any. Either they do it in secret to avoid backlash from the friendly internet or everyone got used to it. That Valve now enforces the '2 weeks, 2 hours' limit instead of refunding literally everything helps too. There was also this article: http://www.pcgamesn.com/steam-refunds-what-developers-think-two-months-later

fantomena

According to the Steam achievements (it's the only thing that says when I played the game), I played through the entire Binary Domain in august 2012. I remember I really enjoyed the game and got dissapointed that MP was dead.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I gave up on the story in MGS around 4 and beyond. Its such a mess. I still watch the cutscenes but I have zero investment in any characters. Gameplay is all that matters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom