• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
What's the deal with Portable Ops actually? is it relevant to the story or not? I can't get a clear answer =/

It totally is. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Better story and better lore than Peace Walker.
If you mean revelant to MGSV itself? No it isn't

Tizoc

Refunding type-0 on Steam and grabbing it on GMG with the 26% off coupon is feeling enticing right about now.

I'd suggest waiting til next week and to see what other games go on sale that might interest you.

Keep in mind they have Armikrog and GMG would be the cheapest to get a bunch of upcoming games this month for cheaper.

L.O.R.D

i got replied from nuuvem

Hello LORD

We have run out of keys for this game, but we are currently chasing the publisher to get a new batch of keys and assign the key to your order asap. We expect that this will be done by next week.

I'm very sorry for this inconvenience and if you are not willing to wait for the key, please, let us know and we can issue a refund to your Paypal account.
Atenciosamente,

Fabio
suporte@nuuvem.com.br

Jawmuncher

I gave up on the story in MGS around 4 and beyond. Its such a mess. I still watch the cutscenes but I have zero investment in any characters. Gameplay is all that matters now.

Well that makes sense, 4 went all over the place. That was the one good thing about 3 & PW, story is still easy to follow since they're prequels.

Some events are canon, some are not. Kojima never told what is what and what is not. I presume the canon thing is
Frank being used in a lot of missions, his memory costantly erased.

The story could be better than PW, it's not that hard, but the gameplay is garbage.

We don't know if the game is relevant for MGSV yet, we'll only know that after MGSV will be released of course. But for now, there are not references to any titles except PW and GZ.

I think the only thing that will be canon is that he went to that
base and recruited all of the soldiers there. The only mention to portable ops is the San Hieronimo incident. It would help make sense as to why he has a PMC in PW.
Still the vagueness is the problem since it's not needed but nothing hurts from getting it either. Will be interesting to see what he uses from it in V.

So I made this thing...

Basically, Enhanced Steam will grab a list of the games you own, then pick one at random. It will then pop up the box for that game and ask if you'd like to run it. If you say yes, it will launch the game through Steam (or prompt you to install it if you don't already have that game installed).

Should be kinda neato
That's a funny little feature you did there. Neato!
Is there an option for a random unplayed game? That might be worth a go.
Ooh, can you make a "Launch best game" feature that looks at your library, evaluates all the user review percentages, and then launches New Vegas?
Or do one based on tags.
Haha, you opened pandora's box schackles :p
I have no way of playing PW outside of PPSSPP atm. That lack of a collection for the PC/Steam is disappointing.

At least GZ had some info pertaining to that title, so I wasn't completely lost.
I might be able to get my hands on a PS3 with the legacy collection temporarily. Really feel like playing 2/3/pw before GZ&PP would add a lot and maybe playing legacy collection after GZ/PP would diminish joy of the collection in future.

But yeah, PC sorely needs the collection. Getting only some games of a series interconnected with each other is not very cool.
I would do the same but let's be honest, he's making mad dosh with little effort, no reason to act like we're witnessing a selfless act of love here.
Yeah, I sure would welcome friends with such access to codes as well :p

But you know, I am preeety sure Bernardo is gonna make a MGSPP raffle at some point.
Do it!
~believe~

MNC

Noticed I had more games installed on my SSD than I wanted, so I moved the game folders to my hard drive. Now, Steam says it cannot find the executable. Restarted steam, restarted PC, deleted appcache in combination with those two restarts. Nothing. Any easy way to fix this?

Sarcasm

Noticed I had more games installed on my SSD than I wanted, so I moved the game folders to my hard drive. Now, Steam says it cannot find the executable. Restarted steam, restarted PC, deleted appcache in combination with those two restarts. Nothing. Any easy way to fix this?

Use steam mover next time.

You are also suppose to move some other files to, I forgot what it is.

Welp it's barely been 24 hours and the Oil Blue on Steam has surpassed all six years of cumulative Oil Blue sales already. o_o

https://twitter.com/chubigans/status/629741452843593728

Granted it wasn't that high of a bar to begin with (http://gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidGal...ch_do_indie_PC_devs_make_anyways_Part_III.php …) but this was such a low key release that I didn't expect that!

https://twitter.com/chubigans/status/629741632716341248

Steamspy puts it around 1000 owners

MNC

Use steam mover next time.

You are also suppose to move some other files to, I forgot what it is.

But Steam mover uses Junction Points. Steam has support for multiple library folders. I swear I simply moved them in the past...

Sarcasm

But Steam mover uses Junction Points. Steam has support for multiple library folders. I swear I simply moved them in the past...

What you can do probably since you already moved it is do the "Delete Local Content" which will not delete anything.

Than reinstall it and select that path and it should just update correctly.

This is assuming you added your SSD to steam via options for a installing location.

Apparently, people are buying Tree of Savior cbt key for $100. An access for closed beta test, where all of the progresses will be lost after it ends. While after it's alive in open beta, it'll be free for everyone.
Damn, sometimes I just can't understand people.

Oh. I remember I got Oil Blue in some bundle before. Not sure which. Any way to get keys for that?

Steam Key Eligibility
If you've purchased the Oil Blue before this Steam release (whether stand alone or with a bundle of some kind), congrats! You're eligible for a free Steam key! Here's how to claim your key:
Purchased from the Groupees/Shinyloot Bundle: Login to the Groupees site to claim your key. It will be on the Groupees site, and not the Shinyloot site.
Purchased on gamersgate.com (either The Oil Blue or the Vertigo Games Bundle): Login to your GamersGate account. Now click on My Library and select the Oil Blue or the Vertigo Games Bundle. On the following page you'll see a button on the right that says, "Show Serial Key." Click on that for your Steam key!
Purchased on Desura: please send me a PM here[www.desura.com] and I will get back to you with a key within 48 hours. You must message me thru Desura if you have bought the game from that site. This offer is valid as long as Desura stays up and running.
Purchased via the Indie Royale X-Mas Bundle: In order to buy this bundle you needed to create a Desura account. So the same guidelines apply- message me thru Desura with your username here[www.desura.com] and I will get back to you with a key within 48 hours. Be sure to link the game to your account by redeeming the Desura key on the site.
Purchased on IndieGameStand: Login to your account and your Steam Key should be available with your existing purchase.
Purchased on vertigogaming.net (via BMT Micro), any bundle, or other website: Please contact me here[www.vertigogaming.net] and I will try to get you a key within 48 hours. Please be sure to include the email address you used to buy the game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=491158079

Kiru

You also have to copy the "appmanifest_NUMBEROFAPP" files btw.

Lain

Apparently, people are buying Tree of Savior cbt key for $100. An access for closed beta test, where all of the progresses will be lost after it ends. While after it's alive in open beta, it'll be free for everyone.
Damn, sometimes I just can't understand people.

Usually happens for coveted closed beta tests of games people are hyped about. Maybe not always reaching such prices, and I don't see Tree of Savior doing anything especially great to get people to pay such prices. I guess the old Ragnarok players grew up and now they have money to spare.
Me, I never saw what was great about Ragnarok Online, trying to play it was just the usual Korean MMO grindfest, with a boring UI and 2D graphics but I know lots of people loved it so I'm not surprised they'd pay $100 to get into what seems to be a new Ragnarok-type MMO.

these fucking hidden object games man, I can't stop playing them help

You need help, you say? Okay, let's see.

You need a cork of some kind, and then heat up the resin to fix the hole in the boat.

If you don't find a screwdriver, use a coin. Because all screws are flathead and large enough to fit a coin.

You have to lure the animal away with food. You can't just make a sudden movement to scare a squirrel away. Herbivores in hidden object games give zero fucks about that.

Object in a hole? You'll either need a magnet on a string, or you'll need to fill the hole with water.

In hidden object scenes, you have to find the pipe. I'm pretty sure that every hidden object scene is obligated to contain a pipe. Rulers and binoculars tie for second.

Just dick around with that "turn left 2 or turn right 3" thing. I never did find out a good system, but there's no fail state and you'll get it eventually.

Usually happens for coveted closed beta tests of games people are hyped about. Maybe not always reaching such prices, and I don't see Tree of Savior doing anything especially great to get people to pay such prices. I guess the old Ragnarok players grew up and now they have money to spare.
Me, I never saw what was great about Ragnarok Online, trying to play it was just the usual Korean MMO grindfest, with a boring UI and 2D graphics but I know lots of people loved it so I'm not surprised they'd pay $100 to get into what seems to be a new Ragnarok-type MMO.

I was a die-hard RO fan back then. Played the game for like 4 years before I left it for good. Community is the charm of the game. I don't have a capped character but I hang out with my friends everyday in the game, just to chat or doing a dungeon or two with them. Community and nostalgia bring people to ToS hype. However, I'm not going to spend that much money just to beta test the game. If the game were B2P and it costs $100, perhaps I'll consider it.

It's always amusing to see ios games at the top of metacritic charts because mobile review sites give everything 95s and 100s. Wonder if ios will ever have it's stricter review period, because if gaming journalism is awful than mobile exclusive reviews are something truly horrid.

2 months, 2 weeks and 3 days to go for Tales of Palmolive and we're still at...

L4bkKKo.png

Hope y'all preorder on the final month.
I'll be pre-ordering when my Steam Controller arrives as it should be coming with £20 of credit.
So I made this thing...
thatsdamngood.gif

Xanathus

Can anyone recommend me other reliable traders selling MGS 5 Nvidia codes since it seems Bernado is out of stock again and there's no one else sellilng it on BST? I don't have access to ebay and I vaguely remember using a site which had "points" to indicate how reliable a trader is but I've forgotten the link and can't seem to find it anymore.

Vuze

dat ambidextrous design tho

Looks similar to my Roccat Kone in terms of functionality. Hope they offer good software support for progammable buttons, the Kone extra buttons/double mapping made my desktop workflow much better. Instant mute, forward/backwards browsing, minimize all, ShareX etc etc

Can anyone recommend me other reliable traders selling MGS 5 Nvidia codes since it seems Bernado is out of stock again and there's no one else sellilng it on BST? I don't have access to ebay and I vaguely remember using a site which had "points" to indicate how reliable a trader is but I've forgotten the link and can't seem to find it anymore.
Is it www.steamtrades.com you're thinking of?

MUnited83

For you.
Well, if you don't mind waiting , I will have some either later today or tomorrow.

Shantom

Is there no way to quickly refund preorders on Steam any more? I remember there used to be a refund button on the transactions page but that seems to have disappeared.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
SMFH. I'm not even surprised about who the main clown is in that thread.

At this point I'm surprised people still don't know the usual shitposters in GAF.

Lately I haven't heard of any. Either they do it in secret to avoid backlash from the friendly internet or everyone got used to it. That Valve now enforces the '2 weeks, 2 hours' limit instead of refunding literally everything helps too. There was also this article: http://www.pcgamesn.com/steam-refund...o-months-later

I brought it up because of that Light game I think? I heard something about getting massive refunds due to it being actually a scam. And the dev went on about refunds and breaking the LUA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom