• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Is this legit? As an American, will I be okay if I buy this?

Some GAFfers have used gamesplanet previously without any issues.

The question wasn't whether there is any issue to buy from the particular site but whether it is legit or not. You can buy games from non-legit sites without issues.

The answer to DocSeuss is yes, Gamesplanet is legit site to buy from. I am not sure if you can buy it from there as an American

The question wasn't whether there is any issue to buy from the particular site but whether it is legit or not. You can buy games from non-legit sites without issues.

The answer to DocSeuss is yes, Gamesplanet is legit site to buy from. I am not sure if you can buy it from there as an American

Yeah I edited my post to include that it is as jshackles also uses it on Enhanced Steam to compare game prices with, and yes the only stumbling block is the American part as I don't recall a non-EU GAFfer buying from there recently.

Edit: You can buy using an American card or being in an American region without any issues.

Grief.exe

I might be able to get my hands on a PS3 with the legacy collection temporarily. Really feel like playing 2/3/pw before GZ&PP would add a lot and maybe playing legacy collection after GZ/PP would diminish joy of the collection in future.

But yeah, PC sorely needs the collection. Getting only some games of a series interconnected with each other is not very cool.

Don't burn yourself out on the MGS franchise. It's looking like there won't be as much emphasis on story in PP as in previous games anyways.

The legacy collection is coming. Believe.

FloatOn

Gears wasnt a first person role playing game with dating sim elements and set in medieval times so based on your statement I'm going to assume Binary Domain is all of those things.

Clever but no. I specifically mean likable characters, engaging bosses and nice looking environments

fantomena

I am very sure that MGS HD Collection will arrive on Steam (the thing PS3/X360 has, not the Legacy Collection), but have no idea when. I think the collection is done, but Konami has for some weird reason not released it yet.

Don't burn yourself out on the MGS franchise. It's looking like there won't be as much emphasis on story in PP as in previous games anyways.

I kinda fear that playing the HD Collection might burn me. Metal Gear games are long. Played dozens of hours MGS4 and I could easily see myself playing the double just for other playstyles and difficulty settings.

Is there an option for a random unplayed game? That might be worth a go.

Nice idea, but not practical. The number of games with 2+ hours playtime if you actually idle for cards to sell them ruins the idea. And if you don't idle for cards to sell them... I don't even...

Refunding type-0 on Steam and grabbing it on GMG with the 26% off coupon is feeling enticing right about now.

I keep seeing mention of this 26% off coupon but I've not seen the actual code posted. Can someone post it up or PM it to me?

Gears wasnt a first person role playing game with dating sim elements and set in medieval times so based on your statement I'm going to assume Binary Domain is all of those things.

Niiiice...

I am very sure that MGS HD Collection will arrive on Steam (the thing PS3/X360 has, not the Legacy Collection), but have no idea when. I think the collection is done, but Konami has for some weird reason not released it yet.

Yeah, Along with Silent Hill HD collection, Zone of the Enders HD collection, and my much wanted Hard Corps Uprising.

Backlogger

Yeah, I just fired up MGS1 last night for the first time. I could see myself getting burned out on this pretty easily

Tenrius

Is there a comprehensive list of games that allow offline mode achievements? I'm in the country now with a very limited Internet connection (just my iPhone acting as a hotspot, and reception is pretty bad out here), so I have to use offline mode. Having had issues with that in the past though, I'm somewhat apprehensive to start new games because of the risk of not being able to get any achievements.

Lain

I keep seeing mention of this 26% off coupon but I've not seen the actual code posted. Can someone post it up or PM it to me?

It's a code they sent to email subscribers, but I think it's a personalized code since I have 2 different codes from two different email accounts.

Sch1sm

PM'd. Lain could be right, but I'm not using the code either way, so you could PayPal me and I can grab you the code, if that ends up being the case.

Yeah, I just fired up MGS1 last night for the first time. I could see myself getting burned out on this pretty easily

I burnt myself out hard by 3, and kept pushing. Now I can't be bothered with Rising and GZ. Eh. I never really focused on their stories before, so it was nice to get that background when I replayed 4.
Yes, I skipped them all and went straight to 4. MGO too strong.
But I probably won't play on release anymore.

Uraizen

Banned
2 months, 2 weeks and 3 days to go for Tales of Palmolive and we're still at...

L4bkKKo.png

Hope y'all preorder on the final month.

I'll pre-order within two weeks of release. Until then there are other games I would rather blow my Steam credit on first.

Lain

My first Windows was 3.1. From there I went 95, then NT, ME, XP and 7.
ME always got shitted on but I never had issues with it so I don't have bad memories about it.
NT was damn cool, I loved playing Quake 2 on it and it always felt a lot more stable than Windows used to feel for me before it.

I gave up on the story in MGS around 4 and beyond. Its such a mess. I still watch the cutscenes but I have zero investment in any characters. Gameplay is all that matters now.

Good thing is, 4 has nothing to do with 5 (That we know of). I loved 4, but damn that story was fucking all over the place.

Is it Sept. 1st yet?

Maniac

Banned
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good wallpaper website? Most of the ones I've found have huge, atrocious watermarks when all I want is a new, neat wallpaper.

Not to mention that I've no idea what the hell I want for a wallpaper, but that's another matter entirely.

Maybe space... Space is quite lovely isn't it?

Unless we're talking Event Horizon-space, that is.

I burnt myself out hard by 3, and kept pushing. Now I can't be bothered with Rising and GZ. Eh. I never really focused on their stories before, so it was nice to get that background when I replayed 4.
Yes, I skipped them all and went straight to 4. MGO too strong.
But I probably won't play on release anymore.

I'd be surprised if Phantom Pain has any elements of foreshadowing Rising. Story-wise and gameplay-wise, it would be the one you could still jump into even while feeling burnt out on the series.

But there's no fault in going straight to MGO. That shit slayed, and I really hope they bring back those game modes that were only available on certain times of the week, despite not being in any position to be able to drop responsibilities in favor of gaming. It just seemed more special that way.

Anteater

Gotta say Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek is so far the weakest one I've played, the hidden object puzzles are a bit harder and there seems to be a lot more of them, and I've ran into some glitches with the puzzles, the sequel improved it a lot and I quite enjoy playing as a detective. Actually I wouldn't call it the worst, I actually like the detective structure of the game the most.

Easy rule of thumb: play all the Artifex Mundi ones, avoid the rest.

I'm on it, I'm already on my 5th game and I bought that hidden mystery bundle thursday :lol (although I finished one of them last weekend)

Good to see there's an end to this madness

Oh... shit

You need help, you say? Okay, let's see.

You need a cork of some kind, and then heat up the resin to fix the hole in the boat.

If you don't find a screwdriver, use a coin. Because all screws are flathead and large enough to fit a coin.

You have to lure the animal away with food. You can't just make a sudden movement to scare a squirrel away. Herbivores in hidden object games give zero fucks about that.

Object in a hole? You'll either need a magnet on a string, or you'll need to fill the hole with water.

In hidden object scenes, you have to find the pipe. I'm pretty sure that every hidden object scene is obligated to contain a pipe. Rulers and binoculars tie for second.

Just dick around with that "turn left 2 or turn right 3" thing. I never did find out a good system, but there's no fail state and you'll get it eventually.

The wheel turning ones are my weakness, but good thing they made them easier in some games.

Tizoc

Nice idea, but not practical. The number of games with 2+ hours playtime if you actually idle for cards to sell them ruins the idea. And if you don't idle for cards to sell them... I don't even...

Niiiice...

Yeah, Along with Silent Hill HD collection, Zone of the Enders HD collection, and my much wanted Hard Corps Uprising.

The 26% code is e-mailed to users of GMG, I guess you didn't get yours D;

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Loot Hero DX (possibly taken, sorry in advance) -- MB-079DCE20050C684A - Taken by thesaucetastic

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Loot Hero DX (possibly taken, sorry in advance) -- MB-079DCE20050C684A - Taken by thesaucetastic

It wasn't taken. Thanks whoever gave this away!

Been playing factorio for last 3/4 weeks,already clocked like 30hrs in It.
It is absolute phenomenal.It has everything basically ,Large scale production to automation to train Management+Crazy robotics and Logic gate Stuff( I havent got into that Logic gate/Programming stuff yet) .It is probably most fun building sandbox i played.After automating pretty complicated process you will feel like yeah i have achieved something.Which is pretty rare in newer AAA games. Totally worth the $16 Price Tag.
Also modding scene for this game is pretty huge but i wont think i will be jumping into moded games just yet.I am still far way from achieving the final goal of building a rocket

The 26% code is e-mailed to users of GMG, I guess you didn't get yours D;

Yeah, apparently all the business I've given them over time wasn't enough to trigger a 26% voucher for me. Oh well, guess they don't want my $20. I'll just hope Nuuvem comes through, I guess.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Bridge Constructor: Medieval -- MB-DE2EF09E0D76E8DA - Taken by Kuroyume
Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition -- MB-09A846FA071356C0 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Deadly 30 -- MB-33904E50675A154B - Taken by xGreg
Super Cyborg -- MB-CDB560510C41BF07 - Taken by derExperte
Skill Tree Saga -- MB-9A4B6BCBEAE2F0AA - Taken by Deques
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-59A5536D05EC582E - Taken by redlacs
Metrocide -- MB-2CDFD1E1ED390B05 - Taken by Natty1
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus All You Can Eat Edition Bundle -- MB-3C8534E547034E6E - Taken by Gintoki
DeadCore -- MB-E5C49F8BA90AA7C8 - Taken by TheLight
Shiny the Firefly -- MB-2384C46F6FC1E4E0 - Taken by Mikurden
Greed: Black Border -- MB-502362805FFF1ED0 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
The Inner World -- MB-B470EA4BFCDF0B23 - Taken by ExoSoul
Tristoy -- MB-7C9CAC311021E062 - Taken by madjoki

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-ABA7C827BB9E24E2 - Taken by NightmareTrigger

Uzzy

Sweet, actually finished a game for once. Ronin. Short but excellent, I adored the gameplay in this one, as well as the art design. 30fps lock was a shame, but hardly a deal breaker. There's not a lot of flexibility to the turn based gameplay, so it's short length probably worked in it's favour. Leaping through glass windows to kick some poor unaware guard in the back, then slicing him up while he's sailing through the air, followed by teleporting across the room to knock a guard with an assault rifle out, then slicing him in half, all while dodging the attacks of the rest of the enemies in the room.. that's pretty entertaining, and challenging to do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom