• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

Not many people got the code. I didn't, and none of my friends did. I wonder what was the trigger to actually receive it.

Maybe it's based on last purchase date. If you do regularly purchases, you clearly don't need incentive to come back.

Tizoc

YzH1fIt.gif

Holy frikkin shit

How the hell do you people get so much credits

That's what I'm thinking as well. Its been months since I've purchased anything big from there. My last purchase was like $3.

Though that should make it more likely to send you a 26% code so you'd come back and buy from them, no?

Incentives and all that.

Gintoki

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gintoki:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gintoki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sky Rogue -- MB-3A1BA7BC7A2F9040 - Taken by Se7enSword. 11 entrants total.

t1439053726z1.png

Deques

True.

Well, of course not by doing achievements, but there are several ways to get credit. Reviews, winning contest, refer a friend are some examples. Actually I was not sure on burning those money on Type 0, my policy is usually waiting for a 75% off even when using virtual currencies, but I purchased it hoping the Dota 2 items will be sold for something like 5€ each or more :p
You got that much credits by reviewing games, referring friends and won a lot of contests?

Shadownet

Banned
Well, of course not by doing achievements, but there are several ways to get credit. Reviews, winning contest, refer a friend are some examples. Actually I was not sure on burning those money on Type 0, my policy is usually waiting for a 75% off even when using virtual currencies, but I purchased it hoping the Dota 2 items will be sold for something like 5€ each or more :p
I need to start doing these...

Though that should make it more likely to send you a 26% code so you'd come back and buy from them, no?

Incentives and all that.
Yes it does make sense. Rewarding people who buy from them more frequently with coupons.
sometimes i wonder
which one of you is halo 2
I know which one it is. But then my short term memory forgot to import that information to my long term.

So I made this thing...

Basically, Enhanced Steam will grab a list of the games you own, then pick one at random. It will then pop up the box for that game and ask if you'd like to run it. If you say yes, it will launch the game through Steam (or prompt you to install it if you don't already have that game installed).

Should be kinda neato

It'd be really cool to launch a random *installed* game. ;)

L.O.R.D

found some weird glitch in GMG that let you use your credits with the discount code
first , apply the code

3STG1kO.jpg

second , remove the code , it will keep the discount price

AnW028F.jpg

now you can use your credits

m33Dn22.jpg

Trollface.png

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not like you just wad them up and toss them in. Basically, you can go to newegg or whatever and buy a single filter, which is a mesh in a frame, that you can put on your case for like $10. Or you can buy a pack of pantyhose for like $5 and have enough mesh material to filter dozens of fans. The stuff's super useful.
no newegg in argieland so second option is the only one

so u cover the fan with it i guess, i think i understand

i'll try it

btw, since im prolly gonna have to buy a new motherboard, what's the difference between a good one and a not so good one. like, they only sell two at the store for my i5 and one's like asrock brand and costs like half as the gigabyte one, and i never knew why u would spend extra money on a thing that doesn't translate into performance

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
no newegg in argieland so second option is the only one

so u cover the fan with it i guess, i think i understand

i'll try it

btw, since im prolly gonna have to buy a new motherboard, what's the difference between a good one and a not so good one. like, they only sell two at the store for my i5 and one's like asrock brand and costs like half as the gigabyte one, and i never knew why u would spend extra money on a thing that doesn't translate into performance

The difference lies mostly in part quality. Some manufacturers go way overboard with silly gimmicks like MILITARY GRADE COMPONENTS, GLISTENING STEEL CONSTRUCTION and the like, but there's a huge difference between a board made with cheaper materials and one that has slightly more expensive parts that will perform better and last longer under high-stress conditions like gaming.

Shadownet

Banned
How do you do review on GMG to get more credits?

Edit: Anyone has Ridge Racer Unbounded Bundle and Ace Combat Assault Horizon from the HB I can buy from? Only 2 I need.

Dsyndrome

Broke down and got Type 0 HD and Swindle using the 26% off voucher on GMG. If it ends up going to VIP next week... you're welcome.

zkylon

zkylewd
The difference lies mostly in part quality. Some manufacturers go way overboard with silly gimmicks like MILITARY GRADE COMPONENTS, GLISTENING STEEL CONSTRUCTION and the like, but there's a huge difference between a board made with cheaper materials and one that has slightly more expensive parts that will perform better and last longer under high-stress conditions like gaming.

ehh i duno, in my experience fancy stuff and cheap stuff break all the same

Hmmm, I wonder if there's anywhere I could actually go try out a Steam controller... I don't think I'd like it better than my DS4, but I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl.

Edit: Shadow Blade Reload got cards.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

100% Orange Juice -- MB-A27AF1A2050C8BAA - Taken by Mixed2k. 5 entrants total.

t1439056488z1.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ehh i duno, in my experience fancy stuff and cheap stuff break all the same

Personal experience is not indicative of real world averages, just your awful luck :c Poor electronics on your board can lead to more damaging results, should there be any further catastrophic failures. PSU and Mobo are things you do not want to cheap out on, but you don't have to really splurge on a $200+ Mobo to get a quality part these days.

If you're able to, see if you can grab the model numbers! Asrock isn't a bad company by any means, but you never know. Even companies like MSI and Gigabyte have been known to make some bad models from time to time.

Shadownet

Banned
GMG will give you 1€ if you are the first one posting a review for a game. They need to approve it, of course, but the first user gets 1€, while other users get 0.25€ for each review they post.

Guess I have to wait till they approve my review eh?

Also I don't think FF Type-0 will come to VIP now will it? I mean Mad Max beat it and that games is coming out way later.
---------
Edit: Also the trick posted by L.O.R.D. doesn't work. once you click next. It will only apply your credits.

Broke down and got Type 0 HD and Swindle using the 26% off voucher on GMG. If it ends up going to VIP next week... you're welcome.
Let us know how the swindle goes for you. I wishlisted it after seen a giant bomb quick look for it. The idea of mark of the ninja and rogue legacy having a baby sounds like my type of thing.

Anteater

must.. resist buying retro redux...

i don't think i'm going to play those games anytime soon

but like it's so appealing to buy and "try it out"

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.7. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added a "Launch Random Game" button to the Enhanced Steam menu to launch a random game from your library
  • Added an option to replace SteamOS logo for Linux games with Tux logo
  • Added highlighting to activity page when curator recommends a game
  • Fixed a bug where survey results with 0% satisfaction would be hidden
  • Updated platform icons on wishlist pages to match the new store style and layout
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Early Access banners not to display correctly
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused games not to be able to be removed from your wishlist
  • Dynamic Greenlight data will only be pulled if the user is signed in to Steam
  • Performance surveys will no longer be displayed on streaming video store pages
  • Fixed some layout and formatting issues while browsing the badges page in Binder View
  • Fixed a bug where Metacritic scores would sometimes show NaN/100 if score was not found
  • Removed Rewards from Playfire section on app pages, as the service has been discontinued
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

ExoSoul

Banned
I doubt any match will top the one I just had in Chivalry, one of those moments that become a fond memory of what a game can be when the stars align :)

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.7. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added a "Launch Random Game" button to the Enhanced Steam menu to launch a random game from your library
  • Added an option to replace SteamOS logo for Linux games with Tux logo
  • Added highlighting to activity page when curator recommends a game
  • Fixed a bug where survey results with 0% satisfaction would be hidden
  • Updated platform icons on wishlist pages to match the new store style and layout
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Early Access banners not to display correctly
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused games not to be able to be removed from your wishlist
  • Dynamic Greenlight data will only be pulled if the user is signed in to Steam
  • Performance surveys will no longer be displayed on streaming video store pages
  • Fixed some layout and formatting issues while browsing the badges page in Binder View
  • Fixed a bug where Metacritic scores would sometimes show NaN/100 if score was not found
  • Removed Rewards from Playfire section on app pages, as the service has been discontinued
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

looks good...I'm still having that issue where I don't see the "Add To Cart" (or however it's worded) buttons on my wishlist...even deleted and reinstalled ES but still nothing there

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
looks good...I'm still having that issue where I don't see the "Add To Cart" (or however it's worded) buttons on my wishlist...even deleted and reinstalled ES but still nothing there

That's kinda strange. Have you tried disabling all of your other (non-Enhanced Steam) extensions to see if maybe it's conflicting with something?

The darkness 1 doesn't really hold up though. Especially the world war 1 scenes, which are garbage tier stages.

But still, no harm in it coming to PC so that I don't need to get my PS3 out if I'm ever interested in playing it again.

jshackles

I'll try that and see if it changes anything

edit: tried that...had ES as the only extension running and still nothing

And I assume that you're logged in while browsing the store, correct? Your case of the missing buttons continues to baffle me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom