• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afro

August:

Mega Man Collection
Armikrog
Fran Bow
Zombi

WY1jG.png

fantomena

Why would you want to play MGS on PC anyway? It belongs to PlayStation systems.

Who said it belongs to Playstation system? If you are going by my previous comment then it's all about me having all MGS games on Playstation systems and will continue that until the other MGS games hits Steam.

But since Ground Zeroes clearly don't wanna launch on my PC, maybe you're right.

Who said it belongs to Playstation system? If you are going by my previous comment then it's all about me having all MGS games on Playstation systems and will continue that until the other MGS games hits Steam.

But since Ground Zeroes clearly don't wanna launch on my PC, maybe you're right.

I've seen others say GZ won't launch with AMD's newest drivers either with W10

redlacs

from humble

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Worms Revolution Gold -- MB-9ED257A2D63F522C - Taken by Darth Kupi. 12 entrants total.

t1439068187z1.png

Dsyndrome

Let us know how the swindle goes for you. I wishlisted it after seen a giant bomb quick look for it. The idea of mark of the ninja and rogue legacy having a baby sounds like my type of thing.
It's got unlockable double and triple jump, winner thus far.

Haven't followed the game much, so I'm going in with an open mind. Hopefully the 100 days aspect doesn't come back to bit me, stupid deaths just make me angry at the loss of a day. Seemed like some framerate hiccups once or twice on my 980M, so hopefully that'll get fixed down the line.

Grief.exe

I can't get Ground Zeroes to start up on WIn 10. Using Nvidias latest driver.

Did you do a clean install of the driver?

Community forums is showing some AMD issues, but nothing from Nvidia.

August:

Mega Man Collection
Armikrog
Fran Bow
Zombi

WY1jG.png

Might be in for Mega Man, but that is right before Metal Gear's release.

I always get to the part were I rescue Chico in Ground Zeroes and then I just stop because I lose interest. =/

I mean there is really only one compound that Paz could legitimately be held on the entire island. It says to listen to the tape, but you can easily get to the right area with some quick process of elimination.

To be honest when I initially played the game I was surprised Konami didn't focus test that portion out due to modern gamers.

Pachimari

Yeah I'm gonna give it another go. Though I don't think there's subtitles on those tapes with Paz after rescuing Chico? I also want to do the whole mission without being spotted.

Pachimari

I'm also looking into gaming keyboards, and is looking at a Logitech G510S (not mechanical), Logitech G910 (buttons with angles all over the place) and Corsair K70 (but it doesn't have any g or macro buttons for MMO).

fantomena

Im primarily a PC gamer, but don't know shit about mouse and keyboard. Ive been using the same keyboard and mosue that came with my first gaming PC I bought 5 years ago or so.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A comfortable wireless keyboard and I'm happy. No need for me to get anything all that special or fancy or has extra buttons on it. Though that may be because I spend too much money on Wacom tablets and I'm trying to balance it out.

i bought the retro redux games why didn't you guys stop me

We're your friends and want you to enjoy slightly better games and add to your collection?

Grief.exe

I'm also looking into gaming keyboards, and is looking at a Logitech G510S (not mechanical), Logitech G910 (buttons with angles all over the place) and Corsair K70 (but it doesn't have any g or macro buttons for MMO).

Remember to be careful with your debt.

Of course, you can come to your own decision, but I'm of a mind that if you are going to spend the money, go mechanical. Membrane boards are membrane boards. They might have lights and touch screens, but they are going to have the same, mushy type.

Corsair boards are all right. There is always some production issue with their OEMs that holds them back. As always, avoid Razer, they don't even use Cherry switches anymore.

Im primarily a PC gamer.

That actually surprises me lol

zkylon

zkylewd
Personal experience is not indicative of real world averages, just your awful luck :c Poor electronics on your board can lead to more damaging results, should there be any further catastrophic failures. PSU and Mobo are things you do not want to cheap out on, but you don't have to really splurge on a $200+ Mobo to get a quality part these days.

If you're able to, see if you can grab the model numbers! Asrock isn't a bad company by any means, but you never know. Even companies like MSI and Gigabyte have been known to make some bad models from time to time.

the asrock one is a H61M-VG3 and the gigabyte is GA-H61M-WW and costs roughly twice as the asrock motherboard

they're 70 and 100 usd respectively

sigh

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.7. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added a "Launch Random Game" button to the Enhanced Steam menu to launch a random game from your library
  • Added an option to replace SteamOS logo for Linux games with Tux logo
  • Added highlighting to activity page when curator recommends a game
  • Fixed a bug where survey results with 0% satisfaction would be hidden
  • Updated platform icons on wishlist pages to match the new store style and layout
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Early Access banners not to display correctly
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused games not to be able to be removed from your wishlist
  • Dynamic Greenlight data will only be pulled if the user is signed in to Steam
  • Performance surveys will no longer be displayed on streaming video store pages
  • Fixed some layout and formatting issues while browsing the badges page in Binder View
  • Fixed a bug where Metacritic scores would sometimes show NaN/100 if score was not found
  • Removed Rewards from Playfire section on app pages, as the service has been discontinued
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.
another patch that doesn't fix the profile blue bar thingie

it's the most important thing dude, get on it ;_;

fantomena

That actually surprises me.

I played a lot of consoles before and I still play a lot on consoled today.

I bought my first gaming PC in 2008 because of Age of Conan which is still to this day the MMO Ive enjoyed the most. After I was done with it I tried a demo of Crysis which I played a dozen of times which introduced me to GameSpy which later introduced me to Steam which I at first though was a scam due to it was so shitty.

I see all my devices as equal and most times I don't give a shit about FPS, as long as it's not sub 30.

zkylon

zkylewd
ive forgotten how much i enjoyed New Vegas. some things are a bit tedious but overall im enjoying the experience all over again
it's the best, i think i've done like 3 or 4 100% playthroughs and like a dozen more random goofing arounds, it's just so damn perfect for me

Maniac

Banned
Remember to be careful with your debt.

Of course, you can come to your own decision, but I'm of a mind that if you are going to spend the money, go mechanical. Membrane boards are membrane boards. They might have lights and touch screens, but they are going to have the same, mushy type.

Corsair boards are all right. There is always some production issue with their OEMs that holds them back. As always, avoid Razer, they don't even use Cherry switches anymore.

I had my Cherry Blackwidow RMA'd and got it back with the Razer switches... They're... Surprisingly good, but definitely not as good. The silent switches are a lot closer to Cherry's, buuuut I prefer clicky keys. -_-'

:sends support ticket to GMG inquiring about these personalized 26% off codes:
:receives automated confirmation of support ticket open:
:receives update from support rep saying "this requires more investigation":

What?

--

Quote to see Rising Thunder beta codes:

Redeem @ risingthunder.com.

zkylon

zkylewd
i've said this before, but since it's on sale... the darkness 2 is like a bizarrely sweet game behind all the slaughter and dismemberment

it's super weird to go from like italian mobsters and gremlins with scottish accents and satanic "strip this girl for sacrifice" stuff to like audiologs of that girl talking about her first date with jackie, and thinking of their future together and how jackie is like actually a really sensitive guy and stuffs

and it's not like the freakishly obsessed style of the murdered: soul suspect audiologs that were like "girl, get a life", these feel pretty honest and sweet

i actually liked the game mostly because of that, the combat is exciting and visceral and all that buzzword crap but it was the corny love stuff that hooked me about it lol

edit: btw laptop brand suggestions? my dad's girlfriend has a dell computer that's like really cool so i was leaning towards that, but i don't really know much about laptops

Kaleinc

Banned
Im primarily a PC gamer, but don't know shit about mouse and keyboard. Ive been using the same keyboard and mosue that came with my first gaming PC I bought 5 years ago or so.
I buy cheap ones and only replace them when they break. The keyboard will be of age in a couple of years.

penis never gets old

LEWD.

--

:go to list one of the most common shadow blade reload cards:
:check current market price and sale history:
:none sold, 1 item listed: $12.49:

Sorry to disappoint you, Captain Delusional, but I'm going to have to undercut you on this one by $12.21 and mine still probably won't sell for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom