• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
tOmEOlV.jpg

I'm 35 years old

Roboleon
My path to success was sucking French cock for a decade.
(Today, 08:04 PM)

L.O.R.D

:sends support ticket to GMG inquiring about these personalized 26% off codes:
:receives automated confirmation of support ticket open:
:receives update from support rep saying "this requires more investigation":

What?

just search in your email for "green man gaming" and you well see an email with 26% off code
i found mine
but i am holding right now and waiting for our savior nuuvem

Dsyndrome

Forgot how much fun Gwent was. Some people are cheating fucks though, with multiple spy cards and making an unwinnable game.

Also, you should send that Mother pic to Nintendo's twitter, they love putting UGC up according to their survey.

just search in your email for "green man gaming" and you well see an email with 26% off code
i found mine
They failed with MGS: PP, and with GMG, you can get and sell the DOTA stuff.

i found mine

They did not send me one.
At either email address that I receive mail from them at, actually.
But I did get the new VIP promotions sent and they weren't marked as spam, so yeah, that's great.

And we don't know if Nuuvem is going to get it prior to release, let alone that they're not going to pull a Fallout 4/MGSV type pricing scheme that will make buying from them a moot point.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i was like 3.1 -> 95 -> 98 -> xp -> 7 -> 8.1 and probably 10 if my computer ever gets unbroken

i remember playing where in the world is carmen sandiego and the putt putt games on win 3.1 as well as a shit ton of goofing around in kid pix hehe

95 was really short times, and 98 i had that 2gb harddrive that could only fit diablo 2 or fallout 2, but not both at once so i was like uninstalling and reinstalling them like every day to play whatever i wanted heh

win xp was mostly the emulator days, lots of snes more than anything, and half life and max payne and thief. and like a lot more fallout ofc

good times

with that avatar, hit a bit too close to home huh?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My first Windows was 98 since we never had computers outside of cafes.

I was wondering why there was no Windows 97 despite Office 97 existing lol

iosefe

This was the first computer i ever used

on one of those, i played Mechwarrior 2 and Jedi Knight before i even had an email address, which i made on June 11th, 1997.

i was no more than 3 using that beauty

Mikurden

i've said this before, but since it's on sale... the darkness 2 is like a bizarrely sweet game behind all the slaughter and dismemberment

Never played it, but I remember reading about how in the first one, you could spend an evening watching an entire movie with your girlfriend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darkness_(video_game)#Gameplay

In the game, the film To Kill a Mockingbird is shown. MaximumPC called the scene "the most authentic instance of romance ever conveyed in a videogame."

Just finished Ep.2 of Walking Dead. In one day even this time.

Pretty much better in all aspects compared to ep.1 and oh, like frost and careith said, the "coming in ep.2 trailer" didn't spoil much, haha.

Wow this was a crazy episode. Did not see the
cannibalism
coming at all. And I think it's not realistic at all that people in situations like this would really care if food they found in a deserted car "does not belong them". Come on. No one would care.
I can't get Ground Zeroes to start up on WIn 10. Using Nvidias latest driver.
Why is fantomena banned?
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys.
DeadCore -- MB-E5C49F8BA90AA7C8 - Taken
Dang. Second time I missed a raffle for this.

zkylon

zkylewd
Never played it, but I remember reading about how in the first one, you could spend an evening watching an entire movie with your girlfriend: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Darkness_(video_game)#Gameplay

In the game, the film To Kill a Mockingbird is shown. MaximumPC called the scene "the most authentic instance of romance ever conveyed in a videogame."
i watched a let's play of the darkness 1, and i dunno so much about that, it didn't feel all that big to me (specially when it goes into the women in refrigators thing). planescape has the best romance in my experience, the whole deionarra thing resonated so well with me. or maybe christine love's games, specially digital. that game was pretty brutal for my poor heart lol

the darkness 2 is pretty ok about like jackie and whatshername (can't believe i remember the guy's name), there's straight up cutscenes of lovey dovey stuff that u wouldn't expect in a game that has like tentacle dismembering

yeah, it makes sense, doto is pretty big competitively, no real reason for korean orgs not to have doto teams

good, everything's better with koreans

Dsyndrome

the darkness 2 is pretty ok about like jackie and whatshername (can't believe i remember the guy's name), there's straight up cutscenes of lovey dovey stuff that u wouldn't expect in a game that has like tentacle dismembering

Only played half of the first despite owning both, but doesn't whatshername
die in the first?
Does she
come back to life through his hell-power or whatever?
I need to go back and beat #1 maybe, since it doesn't seem to be coming to PC.

zkylon

zkylewd
ofc i write paragraph on paragraph on the darkness 2 and my life experiences and that barely gets noticed, but i make a tiny innocent comment about penises and that gets quoted a million times

you people are disgusting

Only played half of the first despite owning both, but doesn't whatshername
die in the first?
Does she
come back to life through his hell-power or whatever?
I need to go back and beat #1 maybe, since it doesn't seem to be coming to PC.
if u wanna know:
flashbacks!

also i think whatshername's was called jenny

i think

also from the let's play i watched i don't think the darkness 1 looked much fun, and you don't really need to play the first one to get the second. i don't think they go like "previously in the darkness..." but it's not a very complicated game to pick up what's going on. people are angsty, something about demons and mobsters and jackie being like the protagonist from hatred and stuff

i do like how the game dealt with like supporting characters. there's a lot of recurring characters constantly show up that really makes u feel like you're in a mobster family. it's pretty cool

it's a good game, i recommend it

legacyzero

Banned
Gotta save up some cash before Sept 2nd! Birthday!

So it's amazing that MGSV is out THE DAY before AND I have my birthday off!

Gonna lock myself in the man cave with munchies, a bucket, and and Ear phones. KOJIMAAAAAAAAA

Momentary

Banned
2 months, 2 weeks and 3 days to go for Tales of Palmolive and we're still at...

L4bkKKo.png

Hope y'all preorder on the final month.

Preorders spike during the last week. That deal is too good for people to pass it up. What would really help preorders would be fore Bandai Namco to show off PC footage running at max settings. Or at least maybe acknowledge whether Symphonia is 60 FPS or not.

Mikurden

i watched a let's play of the darkness 1, and i dunno so much about that, it didn't feel all that big to me (specially when it goes into the women in refrigators thing).

It does sound like an overstatement, so I went to the article, but maybe you have to be actually playing it to get the full effect:

http://www.maximumpc.com/the-game-boy-my-favorite-games-of-the-decade-part-two/
Those of you who’ve followed this column in the past will likely remember the scene in which tough-as-nails mafia bad boy Jackie Estacado and his girlfriend spend an evening together watching old movies. In real time. If you so choose, you can sit curled up on a dusty, coming-apart-at-the-seams sofa watching a grainy version of “To Kill a Mockingbird” for more than an hour. And it’s brilliant. Eventually, Jackie’s girlfriend falls asleep on his shoulder, and you can choose to stay or leave. It’s up to you. I stayed. In my opinion, this is the most authentic instance of romance ever conveyed in a videogame. It’s simple and mundane, as romance often is. And when the game’s story takes a turn for the tragic, it stokes your emotional fires that much more.

zkylon

zkylewd
Preorders spike during the last week. That deal is too good for people to pass it up. What would really help preorders would be fore Bandai Namco to show off PC footage running at max settings. Or at least maybe acknowledge whether Symphonia is 60 FPS or not.

tbh i don't think it's such a good deal

like, me not having played a tales game in like 10 years i don't really want to preorder a game with no discount to get another game that i don't even know if it's any good

i guess for people that already like the tales series it's great, but i'd rather just buy it cheaper off nuuvem or whatever (or not buy it at all, i think i don't even like those games)

I will neither confirm nor deny. >_>

haha

Pachimari

Wow, just came to think, that Windows 8 have been the only released I have skipped since I started with computer. I went from 95 > 98 > XP > Vista > 7 > 10. Wait, I might have skipped ME and 2000 but I don't remember.

Tizoc

The first computers I used had 95 or 98.
School computers had W3.1
All in all I experienced all versions of Windows except maybe Windows ME.

Pachimari

And come to talk about keyboards before. As much as I find the new ones interesting, I have done very well with my Logitech Dinovo Edge for years, even if letters has been wiped off the keys etc. I should just keep playing with that one.

zkylon

zkylewd
It does sound like an overstatement, so I went to the article, but maybe you have to be actually playing it to get the full effect:

http://www.maximumpc.com/the-game-boy-my-favorite-games-of-the-decade-part-two/
Those of you who’ve followed this column in the past will likely remember the scene in which tough-as-nails mafia bad boy Jackie Estacado and his girlfriend spend an evening together watching old movies. In real time. If you so choose, you can sit curled up on a dusty, coming-apart-at-the-seams sofa watching a grainy version of “To Kill a Mockingbird” for more than an hour. And it’s brilliant. Eventually, Jackie’s girlfriend falls asleep on his shoulder, and you can choose to stay or leave. It’s up to you. I stayed. In my opinion, this is the most authentic instance of romance ever conveyed in a videogame. It’s simple and mundane, as romance often is. And when the game’s story takes a turn for the tragic, it stokes your emotional fires that much more.

i mean, there might be a point to that, it's obviously a lot more impactful if you're the one playing it instead of watching it on a poorly recorded and compressed youtube video, but that kind of hyperbolic talk is always a bit suspect heh

so i'm just gonna go with the darkness 2 being a surprisingly sweet game AT TIMES. there's like a very shitty scene of like of like a hooker motel or whatever and it's just naked polygon ppl all over and there's a lot of like italian mobster stereotypes and crap, but it has very cute moments that were pretty entertaining to watch at least to me that i'm not too interested in random violence and crap

I'm barely 18
disgusting

Dsyndrome

Last Tales game I played was Tales of Destiny. Maybe it's because they came out with more frequency and were more indistinguishable (IMO) than most other RPG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom