• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomenon

Turns out Deus Ex runs a lot better if you're not running a 1440p60 vid on youtube in the background... Either that or the game-ready driver did wonders. Feels like I might up the settings slightly again.
I'm happy now :)

Ugh, all those glitches and exploits. Must... ignore...

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hey guys Obduction is the real deal it seems. Myst 2.0. Its like if the Witness came out with Unreal 4 graphics and a story and barely anyone knew anything about it.

Sch1sm

Hey guys Obduction is the real deal it seems. Myst 2.0. Its like if the Witness came out with Unreal 4 graphics and a story and barely anyone knew anything about it.

Huh. Interesting. Thanks for the heads up on this one. Wishlisted~

------

Most convoluted jigsaw puzzle I've ever played in my life. Also the most pretty.

"Puzzles" aren't really difficult. A bit tricky, sure, since you have to really take care of which pieces go in first, attaching them in some cases, and eventually flipping the pieces at specific stations within it. Mechanics are simple, "difficulty" curve is better than games like Hook. What I really like about it is the narrative that seems to be told with the images created after each puzzle.
Makes me feel more than To The Moon did.
Don't see any replay value whatsoever, and it's rather short, but it's nice for a short. Cheap, too. USD$0.99.

-----

My third crash in Deus Ex -.-

Is there any specific setting that causes that?

To keep mankind divided from the game.

cyba89

Uuh, haven't heard anything about this before but that's sounds exactly like my type of game. Wishlisted for now and will maybe buy when I finished MGS5.

derExperte

Uh, anyone else getting complete hangs on GAF using FF(49) since ten minutes ago? Not in threads but when refreshing the main forums.

->

Desktop gaf here, getting a borked script locking up firefox named "http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js:21"

->

http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/

->

fixed

Why so many Deus Ex Deluxe PS4 keys in BST? Was there a pricing error no one told me about?

Those with access to Sony's retail loyalty site (on.playstation) bought the codes for $5

~Kinggi~

Banned
Are the puzzles in obduction as hair tearing as witness?

They arent blatent 'puzzles' like witness was. But you will get stuck and not know what to do for a lot of the time. Its all based on architecture and world building. Puzzles are logical based on the environment, like Myst was.

real talk the only hard puzzle type in the witness is the tetris blocks and honestly if there were two or three more tutorial puzzles in the dockyard area it wouldn't even be hard
Man I hit that a couple months ago and just stopped because I just couldn't figure out what to do once I hit the 2nd set of puzzles. I should go back at some point.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
real talk the only hard puzzle type in the witness is the tetris blocks and honestly if there were two or three more tutorial puzzles in the dockyard area it wouldn't even be hard

The tetris pieces were what threw me for a huge loop. I still have all of my notes written down for whenever I decide to get back to it, but even glancing at them, they all make perfect sense in my head except the tetris section. I really should have done what was suggested before, cutting little tetris pieces to map out onto a piece of grid paper to guide me through them. Even as a primarily visual thinker, I could not program myself to take on those puzzles like they were second nature.

wait... the game doesn't even have different planetary gravity?

The way Sean Murray explained it the planets do have different gravity but your spacesuit compensates to normalize the effect of gravity so it only seems gravity is the same everywhere.

WqlTrpZ.gif

MUnited83

For you.
wait... the game doesn't even have different planetary gravity?

Game doesn't even have stars or a continous universe to begin with.
Do you see all them stars on the sky and all that? It's a completely fake skybox that has no correlation with the actual systems in-game. In fact, even your system's sun is fake. If you try to reach it, you won't be able to. It literally is located at infinity and the game glitches out if you even try.

Stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-7C1B7EF3FDAD3084 - Taken by fspm
Cross of the Dutchman -- MB-521BF7A095A83756 - Taken by dot
Riff Racer -- MB-9B1F5D540B8695CB - Taken by derExperte

gurm3n

Neo Member
Hey SteamGAF, quick question: should I get the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and it's expansion pass or should I wait for the GOTY edition? Will I get the same game content?

yuraya

I think the 18 quintilion planets and procedurally generated stuff is what got Hello Games into a lot of the trouble. Especially when people's biggest complaint seems to be that all the planets are basically the same. It just kills the immersion of a this type of game. Just looking at our Solar System you see that Jupiter is 1000x larger than Earth. Instead of doing 18 quintillion planets they should have just done like a few thousand (or even less) and made them all as different from each other as possible. Not saying they should have done something like Jupiter but what they did do seems to be the a bland and safe approach that didn't deliver on what they bragging about. They are a small team anyways so all of their promises should have been taking with a grain of salt.

Unai

The way Sean Murray explained it the planets do have different gravity but your spacesuit compensates to normalize the effect of gravity so it only seems gravity is the same everywhere.

WqlTrpZ.gif

We don't have any kind of visible sensor for it, so I don't believe him. There's zero evidence that different levels of gravity are a thing in this game, be it on the hud, in the lore (something like that race in Mass Effect that were cautions by nature because they envolved in a planet with strong gravity) or even in game elements like the jetpack not lasting longer in a small moon than it lasts in a huge planet, etc.

Hey SteamGAF, quick question: should I get the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and it's expansion pass or should I wait for the GOTY edition? Will I get the same game content?

It was confirmed that the GotY Edition will have the same content as the base game + expansions.

Finally picked up Dark Souls III, I have to wait until later this week when my SSD shows up before I can download it, my HDD is like 50gb away from throwing up.

Teggy

I just realized I have 27 TF2 items, including a $5 hat. Some of them you can tell the origins of (Lara Croft badge or whatever), but I've never really even played the game.

KingKong

Game doesn't even have stars or a continous universe to begin with.
Do you see all them stars on the sky and all that? It's a completely fake skybox that has no correlation with the actual systems in-game. In fact, even your system's sun is fake. If you try to reach it, you won't be able to. It literally is located at infinity and the game glitches out if you even try.

Sure but that stuff is pretty difficult. Gravity is trivial and has an immediate effect on the gameplay

I hope to see Rimworld staunchly above No Man's Sky in 2016's Steam Survival/Crafting Game of the Year. For the former, they're both core to the gameplay and the reasons why it excels.
Play Rimworld.

Also, Steam is borked. Uploaded screenshots don't show in the screenshot uploader. It's as if everything is brand new, although the uploaded screenshots themselves are still online.

What a bummer.

WqlTrpZ.gif

That gif becomes more apt every time Hello Games is brought up, geez.

He really is the next Molyneux. Murray, no!

JarrodL

Damn, Firefox has started freezing up for a few seconds every time GAF webpage loads or is refreshed. Doesn't happen on other sites, stops happening if I disable Javascript. Really frustrating. Anyone know if the site had any updates recently that might cause this?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cally's Trials -- MB-E23A7723352BA58C - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
Jurassic Survival -- MB-45832B349DF161FC - Taken by Jawmuncher. 3 entrants total.
Dead But Alive! South England -- MB-949E342B490F56CE - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Regency Solitaire -- MB-A62DB4FD09E0F720 - Taken by bloke. 12 entrants total.
Zombie Camp (VR Required) -- MB-481BC6133955DD63 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Apartment 666 -- MB-BD1B050F65C4D8FA - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-D72981C92796956F - Taken by sixteen-bit. 6 entrants total.
NEO-NOW! -- MB-CC34770376679441 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Sparkle 2 -- MB-F80236B33592C24D - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.

t1472086436z1.png

Hexcells and Regency Solitaire are great. Everything else is probably crap.

rtcn63

ibn Saïd;214875111 said:
probably old news, but wow

The person who reviewed NMS for Game Informer (a fairly positive 7.5/10) said in a post-script that the game doesn't change much at all from the first ten hours. "...You maybe thinking that you're waiting for some big reveal, of something that's gonna happen later, but that's not really the case..."

And he put in dozens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtxUqZ-4OTk

guys, is there an easy-to-use program like msi afterburner but for the cpu? i'd like to customize my cpu fan speed curve as simple as msi afterburner as can with the gpu.

The person who reviewed NMS for Game Informer (a fairly positive 7.5/10) said in a post-script that the game doesn't change much at all from the first ten hours. "...You maybe thinking that you're waiting for some big reveal, of something that's gonna happen later, but that's not really the case..."

And he put in dozens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtxUqZ-4OTk

that doesn't sound like a 7,5 game at all, weird that he scored it like that. or, i kinda understand, in videogame score scales a 7,5 is a "decent game"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom