• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4rter

Just started with Deus Ex Mankind Divided. I'm enjoining the beginning, but I'm a little overwhelmed that I already have that many augmentations.
One question: Do I have to knock out every guard to get the most XP? Or is it good enough to sneak past them?

rtcn63

Just started with Deus Ex Mankind Divided. I'm enjoining the beginning, but I'm a little overwhelmed that I already have that many augmentations.
One question: Do I have to knock out every guard to get the most XP? Or is it good enough to sneak past them?

Your augs will be reset shortly after hitting Prague. You do get your points back to respend.

I'm starting a play through of The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing and was wondering, from those who have played either or both, if there's any benefit to playing the individual entries of the trilogy? Or should I just play the singular Final Cut version of the games?

C4rter

I'm starting a play through of The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing and was wondering, from those who have played either or both, if there's any benefit to playing the individual entries of the trilogy? Or should I just play the singular Final Cut version of the games?

I just finished the Final Cut today and I totally recommend playing the Final Cut instead of the single games for many reasons. First of, the third part of the series is more or less stand alone and you have to start anew because you can't take your existing character with you. That should be the main reason to play the Final Cut, to have a complete experience of all three games, into one.
The second game is not that good, as a single game or integrated in the Final Cut, doesn't matter how you would play it. But the first and third are pretty cool loot RPG games.

yuraya

Finally got around to finishing Tomb Raider (2013). Took me about 12 hours.

The final fight in that game and ending...

bridges_n_clooney_06.gif

The story was just not very good. The shooting and jumping/climbing were a lot of fun but overall it wasn't anything special. I'd give it like a 7/10. Maybe an 8 because Lara was a bad ass but still the entire game seemed kinda repetitive, boring and cliche.

Vibranium

Banned
Is there any way to avoid the launcher pop-up when you press play for Mankind Divided? It's kind of annoying having to go through that portal to play the game every time. I've seen some games with them that allow you to switch it off.

Nzyme32

Is there any way to avoid the launcher pop-up when you press play for Mankind Divided? It's kind of annoying having to go through that portal to play the game every time. I've seen some games with them that allow you to switch it off.

something like going into the steam properties > launch options; then use the line -nolauncher

I just finished the Final Cut today and I totally recommend playing the Final Cut instead of the single games for many reasons. First of, the third part of the series is more or less stand alone and you have to start anew because you can't take your existing character with you. That should be the main reason to play the Final Cut, to have a complete experience of all three games, into one.
The second game is not that good, as a single game or integrated in the Final Cut, doesn't matter how you would play it. But the first and third are pretty cool loot RPG games.

Thanks, Final Cut it is then!

Parsnip

real talk the only hard puzzle type in the witness is the tetris blocks and honestly if there were two or three more tutorial puzzles in the dockyard area it wouldn't even be hard

I never internalized the treetops starburst puzzles at all. My brain just refused to get it.

kagamin

I feel like kind of an asshole using steam refund for the first time but I don't think I ever want to play No Man's Sky again...

Don't worry, I felt pretty bad when I refunded Tales of Symphonia, but at least I could justify that because it was a terrible port with no fixes available at the time. :p

Hidden deal:

Zombasite has exited Early Access and gone full release. It will increase in base price in six days, going from about USD$15 to USD$20; so it's technically on sale, even though it doesn't show up as one.

Personally, I haven't played it yet, but Soldak's previous work has always been great. They make ARPGs unlike anyone else.
NMS should of been a single planet. Use the procedural generation and then refine it with the human touch. Or maybe like one system with 100 planets.

That would go against their "everything is procedural" development pitch that made it sound so grand and wonderous. Like, if you can procedurally develop one whole planet, why not stretch it out to infinity?

Should have had Stargates instead of space travel. Like, make a Stargate game that doesn't suck and/or get cancelled. And then when everything looks kinda-sorta the same, you point to the TV series and claim authenticity (which would be accurate to the IP). It would have been perfect.

Ozium

how is OBDUCTION running for people? I know there was some brouhaha before release about the potential build quality, along with the "high" system requirements that scared people

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
how is OBDUCTION running for people? I know there was some brouhaha before release about the potential build quality, along with the "high" system requirements that scared people

I got 8gb ram and afterburner is showing usage up to 13gigs so there's that but I still get decent framerate with high settings on a Phenom II 965 with Fury Nitro.

ArjanN

Ozium

lol at Reddit still having such a rageboner about this game.

So a game was kinda dissapointing. Just take the L, wait for the reviews next time and play one of the three other good games that came out on Steam that week.

Seems more satisfying than to just keep stewing in your echo chamber of rage making lists of perceived slights.

it's not just Reddit

Well I'm sure scared. Curse my i7-920!

Okay, don't curse it, it's served me well. :( So it might be time to upgrade it after seven years, but now I have no idea where to go from here, being relatively new to upgrading a PC piecemeal. Changing the GPU for me was already a terrifying step. But now it's like, if I have to change the CPU will I need a new motherboard, will I need a new power supply, etc.?

Hikami

I just realized I have 27 TF2 items, including a $5 hat. Some of them you can tell the origins of (Lara Croft badge or whatever), but I've never really even played the game.

I have a cousin who is obsessed with TF2 but I was never really interested in it. Characters/art style isn't really appealing to me. Overwatch nails that part on the other hand.

Anwyays, I had a bunch of TF2 items as well and I never played the game. I tried gifting him all the items that were tradeable and I still have 16 items left. I'm not even sure where any of them came from.

I'm not sure if I want this. Didn't really like Dark Souls III because of how similar the areas were to previous games. On the other hand.. the DLC is usually the best part of these games so I'm torn.

Sch1sm

Most convoluted jigsaw puzzle I've ever played in my life. Also the most pretty.

"Puzzles" aren't really difficult. A bit tricky, sure, since you have to really take care of which pieces go in first, attaching them in some cases, and eventually flipping the pieces at specific stations within it. Mechanics are simple, "difficulty" curve is better than games like Hook. What I really like about it is the narrative that seems to be told with the images created after each puzzle.
Makes me feel more than To The Moon did.
Don't see any replay value whatsoever, and it's rather short, but it's nice for a short. Cheap, too. USD$0.99.

2.6h. I enjoyed it. Relaxing.

Also, derExperte, I see you playing this, how do you feel about it so far?

The hype for this was rather mild compared to the first. Though it still needs like another day I think to settle.

Yeah, sadly SE was half-assing Mankind Divided marketing.

The game came out yesterday. SteamSpy takes about 3 days to calculate data so I'd say that there's no point in saying stuff like this before that period is over.

Doesn't it need like another day or two to stabilize? Also doesn't help that a ton of settings are crazy expensive and people are stupidly trying to max everything.

That's why I said early data. Even though it's not yet accurate, first day data can be used for early projections. It won't magically jump to 500k from 150k. I'd say it'll stabilize at 200k ish on the third day.

Edit: Actually 200k is normal for SE published games. RotTR also had similar numbers on the first week, and it almost has 1 million owners right now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/461840/
Most convoluted jigsaw puzzle I've ever played in my life. Also the most pretty.

"Puzzles" aren't really difficult. A bit tricky, sure, since you have to really take care of which pieces go in first, attaching them in some cases, and eventually flipping the pieces at specific stations within it. Mechanics are simple, "difficulty" curve is better than games like Hook. What I really like about it is the narrative that seems to be told with the images created after each puzzle.
Makes me feel more than To The Moon did.
Don't see any replay value whatsoever, and it's rather short, but it's nice for a short. Cheap, too. USD$0.99.

I usually trust this guys reviews!
:p

Great little puzzler.

Grief.exe

Early data is not looking so great. Only 150k owners of Mankind Divided so far.

It's somewhat on par with what Dragon's Dogma number earlier this year. And with the current mixed reviews, I doubt it'll get a huge boost anytime soon.

Do we have to go through this song and dance every time a game releases?

That's why I said early data. Even though it's not yet accurate, first day data can be used for early projections. It won't magically jump to 500k from 150k. I'd say it'll stabilize at 200k ish on the third day.

Edit: Actually 200k is normal for SE published games. RotTR also had similar numbers on the first week, and it almost has 1 million owners right now.

Go look at No Man's Sky. I don't think you understand how this system is calculated, I suggest you don't attempt to use numbers until 72 hours in. The system can't crawl enough profiles to make the statistics accurate, as a result, the numbers are completely irrelevant right now.

Then again, I say this literally every time a game releases so I'll see you guys when the next AAA game launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom