• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadblob

Update 42 was posted for Divinity: Original Sin 2 announcing full voice acting at release (which was not expected given the games vast size) and showing off some of the excellent orchestrated score. Next week we can expect a number of previews from Gamescom and them showing off the Undead race/origin.

GOTY 2017 just getting GOTYer

Is it being released this year?

oh lord

just in case

c2aeHKT.jpg

I mean, he's not wrong.

He's a bit too salty tho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
meanwhile, Paladins is sitting here in the corner, I assume giddy aboutt their situation because they keep putting out new heroes and shit (just released another one), with the devs never once mentioning Overwatch (as far as I know).

I used to follow Cliff on twitter in fact, but his constant retweets of anyone shitting on Overwatch during the Lawbreakers betas and shit looked so desperate I had to unfollow the dude.

Monooboe

Is there any active voucher that is usable on cdkeys right now? Thinking about picking up Tyranny, while not really on sale, the regular price over there is 13 euros, might be playable on low 720p, either way will be the first I play once I get a new computer.

Tizoc

Is there any active voucher that is usable on cdkeys right now? Thinking about picking up Tyranny, while not really on sale, the regular price over there is 13 euros, might be playable on low 720p, either way will be the first I play once I get a new computer.

aSSUMING U hadn't used their 5% code much in the past few months, there is only that atm.

Tizoc

Hmh no don't think I've ever used that one, was that the one gotten through their facebook?
yup like them on their facebook page and u'll get a 5% code.
If an account uses the 5% code a lot, then they won't be able to use it; a new account must be created to use any further 5% codes.

madjoki

New Steam Beta:

The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

General
Optimized logic for selecting the best local server to connect to on initial Steam connection or reconnect after a disconnect
Steam will now use library folders on other drives to download game updates in case the primary drive doesn’t have enough space left

Big Picture
Fixed a bug where if you had set Big Picture to use a monitor that is no longer connected to your computer it may fail to start

Ludens

Banned
So, Survive will release in "Early 2018", probably during the first three months of the year.
Plenty of games release during the same window, like Secret of Mana, Yakuza 6, Dissidia NT and those are just the first titles I remember, You can pre-ourchase all those titles, there are plenty of videos, even beta and demo.

And Konami just released like 6 new screenshot showing the same enviroment we saw the last year for Survive, with only some Metal Gear fanboy claiming the game is very good, wonderful etc. on Youtube.

It smells bad.

Monooboe

yup like them on their facebook page and u'll get a 5% code.
If an account uses the 5% code a lot, then they won't be able to use it; a new account must be created to use any further 5% codes.

Mm I have mostly been buying cheap games, so figured 5% wouldn't do much, it only saved me 60 cents now also haha. But 13 euro versus 40 euro on Steam is pretty sweet. Almost as warm and fuzzy as the russian bear was.

Got stuck with my first bullshit kills in Dishonored 2.

Took out a group of 4 with Domino, the one I attacked out cold but the other 3 died for some reason. And then the game decides to burn both autosaves in the next 5 minutes before I can notice.

Anteater

got 33% off for the naruto trilogy owning the third game, only cost $25ish here for 1+2, getting them since namco put in some work =o

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I had a weird experience yesterday. My brother in law is in town so I installed Left 4 Dead 2 to play it with him. First, Left 4 Dead 2 does not seem to natively support split-screen. There's a Steam Workshop thing that kinda implements it (you still need to change a .cfg file manually for the second controller to be able to aim, and also toggle an option under Keyboard Settings, and it only works with two Xbox 360 controllers, and the second player is called "unnamed" because Steam doesn't have sane profile support, and menuing didn't work properly because i got some double input issues so I had a really hard time selecting what I wanted, and the mouse cursor still appeared on loads and stuff). But even when you get it working, since the game doesn't have any auto-aim* and is balanced for a mouse, it ends up being pretty frustrating even on a reasonable difficulty. Also, I had a glitch with my character's shadow texture. And the AI is strangely deficient -- on Normal, they won't use any molotovs or throwables.

* it does seem like there's aim assist when someone is pinned down by a Hunter and you are trying to shoot the hunter

It's a pity Valve didn't give enough of a shit to get the game to a level of basic competency and parity with the console version, because it's actually a very solid game to return to. The Director AI stuff is really cool.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's a pity Valve didn't give enough of a shit to get the game to a level of basic competency and parity with the console version, because it's actually a very solid game to return to. The Director AI stuff is really cool.

Yeah, when Portal 2 was updated to support native split-screen play, I figured similar updates for the L4D games would follow, but they never materialised.

Parsnip

The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

General
Optimized logic for selecting the best local server to connect to on initial Steam connection or reconnect after a disconnect
Steam will now use library folders on other drives to download game updates in case the primary drive doesn't have enough space left

Big Picture
Fixed a bug where if you had set Big Picture to use a monitor that is no longer connected to your computer it may fail to start

Excellent.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Speaking of Portal 2 and Valve being oddly bad at doing basic quality of life stuff, does Portal 1 still not have proper Steam controller support?

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I've always been curious about this - how much does the AI Director really change from play to play? Like you definitely noticed it? I only ever played it once (offline... by myself... *cries*) so I never had a comparison.

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-6887020DF4732C30 - Taken by jtb. 6 entrants total.
Jamestown -- MB-52259BEEDD0B1C25 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
War of the Human Tanks - ALTeR -- MB-6541A3B68BBFAD0E - Taken by Genki. 1 entrants total.

t1503689337z1.png

Let's try a giveaway through Steam :

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Large Professor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fidel Dungeon Rescue -- MB-4453194DAD746E09 - Taken by Vlad. 24 entrants total.

t1503775068z1.png

It's also a PAYITFORWARD giveway, but modbot didn't register that it seems.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-5B4E8B99579F2EFC - Taken by fspm. 6 entrants total.
Dreadout -- MB-1A8FD90635F17037 - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
Lakeview Cabin Collection -- MB-0D1DDECEC28D5D17 - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.

t1503690258z1.png

tenor.gif

Hektor

So i just finished the Danganronpa V3 Demo

None of the following is a spoiler as the demo is its own made-up thing seperate from the actual game

Some good news:
It runs at 60FPS, tho is also locked at that framerate a sit looks
The assets are all designed with fullhd screens in mind, so now low-texture upres.
(Still some ugly corners here and there due to it being lowbudget tho)

To the game itself:

It was typical Danganronpa fun, and in on itself pretty much about what you'd expect, which is a great thing.

The minigames are even more bullshit than ever before, which is fanatstic

I already know that the new mass panic debates are going to be confusing AF

The character art and style of the game is even better than ever before, the soundtrack is fantastic as well.

Absolutely can not wait to play this.

Also: You get a special reward if you load a demo save into the main game once released

FLD

Lol for some reason I thought I had more time to decide whether I wanted the Humble Monthly or not. Oh well... Not particularly interested in Killing Floor 2, so hopefully there's at least a couple good games in it.

That HL script... Yeah, I'm going to buy Wolfenstein 2 day one, i love AAA singleplayer FPS with meaty campaign and couldn't care less about multiplayer stuff in most cases, so i don't want them to die just like immersive sims. I'll never understand why Valve couldn't just keep doing both SP and online games, I'm not a big fan of HL universe, but it's still sucks when developers abandoning their legacy for something completely different.
20$? Square is nuts, nobody is going to pay AAA price for it in my region.

Jawmuncher

Why do all the danganronpa characters look the same. I'm not talking art style either. I played 1 and 2 so I know there is some ideas as to why. But some of this stuff is starting to feel like their out of ideas for character designs

Why do all the danganronpa characters look the same. I'm not talking art style either. I played 1 and 2 so I know there is some ideas as to why. But some of this stuff is starting to feel like their out of ideas for character designs

I felt the same way when I first saw the character art.

Anyway, all this Yakuza goodness is amazing, what a time to be alive.
On the other hand, no news of PC versions is just baffling.

Hektor

There's something in there that would appear to be a DR2 spoiler if you haven't played it, altho it's not.

Some facial features are being reused here and there, but i would't say they look the same. They all have fairly distinct designs imho

pislit

Holy shit at that price!!!!!! Why won't you just release FF6 in my region already...

Do keys bought in Humble Bundle or Square Enix site work on Steam if the game is not available for purchase in your region? I want to buy FF6 from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom