• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
would be cool if games like that had the lucasarts toggle to go to the original graphics and music

I know for a fact that Final Fantasy V and VI would have sold better on Steam if it had that toggle, and it wouldn't have been a whole lot of work for SE to add that option.

Knurek

Fuck, 10 pm on Friday is the best time for my net connection to crap out. Weekend with only mobile net access, and no achievements, fun fun fun

Valve should mandate that all cheevos should work in offline mode. Just store them and retroactively grant them whenever the user goes online.

Popstar

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chroma Squad -- MB-90595163638A5C68 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-CAD4AB3D398D16F1 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
I am Bread -- MB-7F752D288D26440D - Taken by Orakio Rob. 2 entrants total.
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-86618129851C2A6A - Taken by oni-link. 4 entrants total.

t1503699844z1.png
Thanks for Lakeview Cabin Rhaknar

zkylon

zkylewd
I know for a fact that Final Fantasy V and VI would have sold better on Steam if it had that toggle, and it wouldn't have been a whole lot of work for SE to add that option.
also idk, i feel like remakes are nice and all but i appreciate the respect for the originals lucasarts has

like idk the pixelart work on monkey island is pretty fucking impressive and specially so considering the restrictions of the time. like being able to play it in that mode i feel is pretty important and meaningful

Fuck, 10 pm on Friday is the best time for my net connection to crap out. Weekend with only mobile net access, and no achievements, fun fun fun

Valve should mandate that all cheevos should work in offline mode. Just store them and retroactively grant them whenever the user goes online.
if i had to guess, developers have the ability to save ur achievement data and resend it to steamworks next time you play it on online mode

i'm surprised to hear steamworks doesn't automate that already tbh

Sarcasm

You got a data cap on your phone? What phone? Tetherrrrr.

if i had to guess, developers have the ability to save ur achievement data and resend it to steamworks next time you play it on online mode

i'm surprised to hear steamworks doesn't automate that already tbh

That's happened to me a couple of times. Internet went down while I played, got an achievement, started the program the next day and the achievements popped up when I started.

Is this how becoming mayor works? I feel like it's not.

Not always, but it certainly could work that way. Having the backing off those who supported the previous mayor and being an important member of the community would go a long ways towards in helping to be elected mayor.

Hektor

Which should I buy if I want to experience Naruto story from start to finish, everything?.

UNS1 covers the original Naruto Anime pre-timeskip
2,3 and 4 the rest until the ending.
4: Road to Boruto DLC covers the beginning of the new Boruto stuff

The other game is just a non-canon spinoff.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's happened to me a couple of times. Internet went down while I played, got an achievement, started the program the next day and the achievements popped up when I started.

yeah that's how you'd make it work i guess

i would guess steamworks does that work for you already

It kind of bothers me how different publishers seem to have very different stances as far as preorders go. I could preorder Secret of Mana today and it doesn't come out for five months, but I can't preorder Ys VIII and it comes out in like two weeks.

It kind of bothers me how different publishers seem to have very different stances as far as preorders go. I could preorder Secret of Mana today and it doesn't come out for five months, but I can't preorder Ys VIII and it comes out in like two weeks.

Doesn't Valve advise indies and smaller publishers not to have preorders because it hurts visibility of being in the top sellers at launch?

FLD

Doesn't Valve advise indies and smaller publishers not to have preorders because it hurts visibility of being in the top sellers at launch?

I think they do more than just advise. Apparently they just straight up won't allow XSEED to have pre-orders, for some reason. Can't remember where I heard that, though. So I'm not 100% sure if it's true.

I think they do more than just advise. Apparently they just straight up won't allow XSEED to have pre-orders, for some reason. Can't remember where I heard that, though. So I'm not 100% sure if it's true.

Ys VIII is the one being published by NISA though.

Mivey

There are elections, since she had proven herself to manage the most important market and being the old mayor's daughter probably meant she didn't have much of a competition. We see in SC an actual election in Ruan, so outside of Zeiss, all mayors are probably elected. In Zeiss, the ZCF essentially runs the city, making the head of the ZCF effectively the "mayor".
How long their terms are is not explained, however. Perhaps it's a for life thing, until with an option to call new elections if people are unhappy? Dunno, formal laws are never introduced or even hinted at. Liberl is kind of a perfect utopia, come to think of it. LIke a lot of shit is happening to it, yes, but it essentially lacks any social problems and doesn't seem to need any police, or courts.

Erheller

Maybelle always downplays her achievements. Inheriting the market and being the daughter of the previous, well-liked mayor are two factors that certainly helped her, but her workaholic nature work ethic is probably what actually got her elected mayor.

Liberl is kind of a perfect utopia, come to think of it. LIke a lot of shit is happening to it, yes, but it essentially lacks any social problems and doesn't seem to need any police, or courts.

I just realized that they're so ill-equipped to deal with crime that they basically leave all policing to the Bracer Guild

Labadal

Sorry if old: IMPERATUM - A Sci-fi Diablo-like ARPG

What? That's part of the actual name of the game. I didn't know if I should make a thread or not, but this is to me, taking it too far. It's like someone releasing a TPS and naming it Whacking Dudes - A Gangster Gears of Wars-like TPS, or Slash & Stab - A Dark Souls-like Praise the Sun Simulator.

It seems anything can be released on Steam these days.

Sorry if old: IMPERATUM - A Sci-fi Diablo-like ARPG

What? That's part of the actual name of the game. I didn't know if I should make a thread or not, but this is to me, taking it too far. It's like someone releasing a TPS and naming it Whacking Dudes - A Gangster Gears of Wars-like TPS, or Slash & Stab - A Dark Souls-like Praise the Sun Simulator.

It seems anything can be released on Steam these days.
Also, who are these people?

5w284B2.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Generally speaking, pre-orders are something Valve okays on a per-game basis. While XSEED can't add pre-purchase options to a store page itself, it has been releasing games on Steam for a few years now, amassing a catalogue of over a dozen titles, and probably wouldn't have much trouble getting the big green tick of approval for its next release.

zkylon

zkylewd
Zfz4cdK.png

i'd bet good money than when people get asked what their favorite part of hollow knight is, the awful super meat boy section is not one of the most popular answers

wtf were they thinking with this garbage...

illusionary

Zfz4cdK.png

i'd bet good money than when people get asked what their favorite part of hollow knight is, the awful super meat boy section is not one of the most popular answers

I actually quite enjoyed a lot of the
White Palace
, but Hiveblood is crucial

Volimar

Oh my God steam I don't care about any of these sales or any of these ga....wait....what's this? Secret of Mana remake?

SECRET OF FUCKING MANA REMAKE?!?!?!?

HELLLLLLSSSSS YES!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Zfz4cdK.png

you really dont go there unless you have a few key items... well, I mean you can, but, you wouldnt want to :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom