• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you win Vanguard Princess, pm me and I'll send you the DLC keys

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Chroma Squad -- MB-2B76204056DDBF8A - Taken by Demon Lizardman
Cortex Command -- MB-560353DF6B5077B6 - Taken by Shalashaska
Vanguard Princess -- MB-FA028676A46F9219 - Taken by DeliciousDoc

KarmaCow

Am I missing something or is Bethesda really advertising the Wolfenstein New Order/Old Blood bundle when it's cheaper to both separately?

I haven't played Secret of Mana, only played a few hours of Seiken Densetsu 3 and I guess I lost interest in it. I know low polygonal remakes have been something grody from Square before, but this one looks good to me. I look forward to playing it for the first time!

That Secret of Mana remake looks so bad. It looks like a mobile game.

The artstyle looks bland. I wish we would get a remake with HD sprites instead of that.

The artstyle looks bland. I wish we would get a remake with HD sprites instead of that.
It looks good to me, but I'm not that enamoured with SNES-era visuals. It's low poly and simple, but it looks like a portable-spec re-imagining (because, well, it is) and I'm fine with that. I like the character aesthetics.

ss_64c2e4788b2bd3a81ccdf15e89ac233686246ff9.1920x1080.jpg

Judging from the couple of gameplay screenshots they released, I think the gameplay won't be affected too much by the new artstyle.

The gameplay is still 2D-ish like the original. That's what matters to me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Have you seen the bees yet?

why do people keep asking me this -___-

I actually quite enjoyed a lot of the
White Palace
, but Hiveblood is crucial
Since it's just one tiny (and optional) part of the game, I think it gave a nice change of pace from the usual exploration.
i kind of hate it cos the game up to this point had precision platforming in very small dosis, and now it's like a really long area without checkpoints that barely makes any sense

like why freaking chainsaws, i don't get it...

like it's not that difficult but it's got no checkpoints for whatever reason and it's a lot about either perfect precision or trial and error puzzly stuff, so i find it really frustrating. it's like a cruel mario maker level or something

could've been solved by putting some checkpoints in that area, specially when they throw one of those enemies for you to heal off of and i'm like why not fucking put a checkpoint there so i don't have to hit this dumb ass enemy for like a minute to heal up...

it's real bad, much worse than the flower thing

you really dont go there unless you have a few key items... well, I mean you can, but, you wouldnt want to :p
idk i'm like 90% of the game complete, i figured i could do this

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sometimes going in completely blind isn't good. That game, on release, much like the Souls games it was a community effort, people were finding stuff out and exchanging ideas.

What items to have to make that some not a complete nightmare for example was one of those things.

And people keep asking you about bees because you get a very good item for the light palace in a zone with bees.

Which is very hidden and you probably already skipped.

Hence people helping each other back then. Like I said, you do you, but some of the stuff in the game is up in "yeah I would never find this out myself territory.

The item btw
makes it so you even life so you basically never die, and don't need checkpoints like you say or to spend 1min getting life from enemies
. I can't imagine doing that shit without it.

Anyone knows what the difference is when games arent available in your region besides "redirecting to the main store page" and that page "This game is not available in your region."

Tizoc

Alright lads & lasses, here's a quick look at some of the upcoming games on Steam this September!
There're a few 'Metroidvanai/Metroid-like' games for fans of those genres down here, along with a new game from the creators of Abobo's Big Adventure.

Tizoc

I have to say that it looked interesting on that teaser/screenshots. But EA... :/

Being EA isn't a big issue IMO. Just wishlist it and follow its development over time.

Speaking of Early access
Ty 2 appears to have been finished? I got cards for it when i RAN idlemaster.
Hopefully Ty 3 goes up soon :D

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A detective's novel -- MB-A77D56673552AF37 - Taken by mysticllama
Beast Blaster bundle -- MB-851620AE620BE03F - Taken by kinezu
Crackhead -- MB-366C6B4D38A1A5DB - Taken by Dangerblade

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Look at all those asset flip garbage games flooding Steam.

zkylon

zkylewd
RBsL2KO.png

finished hollow knight, or at least one of the endings, i think the bad one cos there's one boss i didn't kill

ended up following a guide for the last few items, surprisingly i was missing only a few charms and only 1 mask shard and 1 magic shard

sadly i feel like my last few hours with the game felt like kind of a chore. getting the last charms wasn't bad but some of these last bits like that awful platforming gauntlet or retrying the colisseum over and over, as well as some stuff i've been noticing about the combat system as i battled some of the more difficult bosses
(i also might've done another pass through spiderland and forgotten to turn off sound and fuck that place is unpleasant)

as i tried some bosses over and over i started realizing that mindlessly trading blows is way more effective than dodging and looking for opportunities, specially as i got more upgrades, so most fights i just brute forced and that left me pretty unsatisfied heh

it kind of sucks cos i don't think most of those fights are fun if you don't play them like that either? like some boss fights are too hectic or fast or don't have clear tells and shit, so that's no good

the final boss fight i'm missing (that i didn't get the first time cos the game bugged and didn't register the thing i needed to do to unlock it even if i 100% did it right) is not like that tho, thankfully, but it's kind of a pain in the butt, so after a few tries i've given up for the day. maybe i'll try again during the weekend, maybe i'll just youtube it, idk

anyways, now that i got all of that negativty out of my system, hollow knight is a pretty fucking good game. it does its dark souls metroid thing so fucking confidently and polished it's kind of incredible considering their kickstarter budget and that these people are a group of unknowns, at least to me. even if it's dark souls-y to a fault, i really like this world and these characters even if they sort of trigger all my phobias lol. the exploration is really rewarding and i like how open it felt, specially compared to some other metroid style games that i played

i want to sleep on it a bit more cos honestly this last session was kinda shitty and i don't want to let it ruin what was a super pleasant playthrough up to this last point. it's gonna take points off of it (the spiders also will) but it's a good game

Sometimes going in completely blind isn't good. That game, on release, much like the Souls games it was a community effort, people were finding stuff out and exchanging ideas.

What items to have to make that some not a complete nightmare for example was one of those things.

And people keep asking you about bees because you get a very good item for the light palace in a zone with bees.

Which is very hidden and you probably already skipped.

Hence people helping each other back then. Like I said, you do you, but some of the stuff in the game is up in "yeah I would never find this out myself territory.

The item btw
makes it so you even life so you basically never die, and don't need checkpoints like you say or to spend 1min getting life from enemies
. I can't imagine doing that shit without it.
idk how this is a "you do you" thing, how was i supposed to know there was like a critical item in a completely different area, "going in completely blind" is pretty inaccurate since i was pretty thorough and got like 90% of the stuff on my own.

and i completed it without it so it wasn't that hard, but there being an item that trivializes the challenge doesn't make the area unfucked, if anything it makes it even more stupid -__-

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
...and for your further enjoyment I will make a thread about these September releases in GD ;)

...but in all seriousness though, mate, any games from that list interest you?

Oh that was total sarcasm. Sorry!

I have Ruiner and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider wishlisted already. I added Raiders of the Broken Planet, that looks cool and I think the prologue is supposed to be free?

Things I've thought about wishlisting but haven't: Cuphead, Warhammer 2, Ys, CSD, Marvel, and Seven.

zkylon

zkylewd
i thought cuphead was xbox only

that's a nice surprise

not for me, probably, since i don't think i even know what cuphead is, but i bet lots of falks will be happy

C4rter

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/level-20-loot-box-20-pack/

Apparently Loot Boxes are back on GMG! Buy now to be disappointed two clicks later!

That, Sir, is correct!

PULSECHARGE
CHAINSAW WARRIOR LORDS OF THE NIGHT
CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR
UNCANNY VALLEY
SPACE HACK
FARMING WORLD
SPELLWEAVER CHRONICLES THE HOLY CHILD

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR -- MB-3C18C34AFA5A6A1D - Taken by DeliciousDoc
PULSECHARGE -- MB-B95811186B4494FF - Taken by bobnowhere
SPACE HACK -- MB-376164A9C3DABFF4

Tizoc

So we are soon in the last quarter of the year, so I am curious what is the one GOTY for everyone thus far?

For PC? If I were to make a short list mine would contain
Sonic Mania
Ys Seven
Ys 8
DanganRonpa V3
Thimbleweed Park

Oh that was total sarcasm. Sorry!
Heh I know mate, ain't the first time I saw a comment like that ;D
I have Ruiner and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider wishlisted already. I added Raiders of the Broken Planet, that looks cool and I think the prologue is supposed to be free?

Things I've thought about wishlisting but haven't: Cuphead, Warhammer 2, Ys, CSD, Marvel, and Seven.

bASED on the steam page, the prologue would be free, kind of like a demo thing.
Download and play this FREE prologue to Raiders of the Broken Planet: 2 challenging missions that you can play 4 vs 1 or solo.

Tizoc

I got ME: Andromeda out of the one I bought for $5.99. Results may vary, a lot, it will be mostly junk if not all junk!

I thougt Seven was still ages away and the release date was just a placeholder?

I did not know that, it showed up in the Upcoming page with Sep. written on it :X

I had no idea there was another The Inner World game coming out. I wonder how Card City Nights 2 will do, Ittle Dew 2 didn't seem to get a lot of attention.

Tizoc

I likely won't be voting for SteamGAF GotY but Hollow Knight, PUBG and Nier A at least all deserve to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom