• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I likely won't be voting for SteamGAF GotY but Hollow Knight, PUBG and Nier A at least all deserve to be there.

i think even if i haven't played battlegrounds it's currently my "game of the year" from all the giantbomb entertainment it's given me

Card Boy

Banned

Holy fuck! Looks like i was overseas when they announced this and it has online multiplayer aswell! If you are a fan of the Gameboy Pokemon TCG this is the good stuff right here. Best thing about this and the first game is no IAP! For those that don't know it's by the same guys as Little Dew and the cards feature characters from all Ludosity's previous games.

Hektor

Yakuza is coming to PC!
In the form of a port of a new mobile online game

DIJoJB3UIAElX9m.jpg

Yakuza is coming to PC!
In the form of a port of a new mobile online game

DIJoJB3UIAElX9m.jpg

Well, at least they recognize PC as a platform.

Alright lads & lasses, here's a quick look at some of the upcoming games on Steam this September!
There're a few 'Metroidvanai/Metroid-like' games for fans of those genres down here, along with a new game from the creators of Abobo's Big Adventure.

Nice list. I found a couple of new games.

I forgot to whistlist this. But I'm torn between this and D:OS 2.

They're out almost at the same day. :/

This got my attention when it first revealed. I'm still on the fence though, would like to see more and how deep the RPG elements are.

This looks interesting. Kinda reminds me of YS with Zelda elements. Animation is a bit janky, but it's promising.

This one is a newest entry from Indonesian developer. Turn-based JRPG fans should buy this. Please be good.

But.. your list is missing the most important game in September..

yuraya

So we are soon in the last quarter of the year, so I am curious what is the one GOTY for everyone thus far?

For me its probably a 3 way tie between Hollow Knight, RE7 and Bayonetta. Leaning more towards Bayo for now.

Still a lot of stuff left that I wanna play b4 the end of the year tho. Like Nier, Prey and ofc Divinity 2. Lots of great games this year so I think SteamGaf GOTY will be LIT. Can't wait to see what wins.

So we are soon in the last quarter of the year, so I am curious what is the one GOTY for everyone thus far?

I haven't completed Zelda but I have put a ton of time into it and it's already head and shoulders above anything else I've played this year.

If we're talking PC, I was completely blown away by Nier Automata when it came out. However, the poor (or rather, nonexistent) way in which SE has handled the PC port patching has lowered it's image in my mind. It's not particularly rational because the actual game experience is still amazing but as a product I've stopped recommending it to anyone.

In the last month or so I've fallen deep into a PUBG shaped hole and that is easily one of the most fun games I've played this year despite all the bugs and lack of polish.

Prey was also really good. I had some issues with the game design while playing it but looking back on it now it was a pretty fantastic experience and the only (minor) complaint I still have is that you spend the last hour or two backtracking a lot.

And a couple of games that kind of flew under the radar that I also really enjoyed were What Remains of Edith Finch (which is possibly my favorite 'walking simulator' now) and Lego City Undercover which was just pure goofy fun to play.

And there are still some really big games to come... Wolf 2, Divinity Original Sin 2, Mario Odyssey. 2017 has been a good year.

Steam or everything?

Nier Automata for Steam, and Nioh for everything.

Come on now, the sin's hardly original at this point.

Actually, I was hoping that they would go with a new IP instead of Original Sin.

They can still use the same engine and assets like how Obsidian went from Pillars to Tyranny.

Mivey

Come on now, the sin's hardly original at this point.
I don't know, being persuaded by a snake to eating magical allegorical apples that represent human sexuality and shame is still kind of clever and unique, even after 6000 years. Yahweh still had some good ideas when he was relatively younger. I mean, these days you hardly hear anything from the guy.

Pachael

2018 is the year mainline Yakuza comes to PC, I can feel it. 😌

Considering Sega Japan's priority for Asia in localisation, better to not expect too much. Kiwami 2 and HnK Gotoku are day and date Chinese/Japanese and so far PS4 only

Yakuza Online is probably another PSO2 and won't even be on Steam. Probably won't be localised in English like that title.

Buraindo

Haven't played many new releases this year so I'm fairly limited with what I can go with. Probably RE7 for now. There's still some time left though so that'll probably change.

Ghost Trick, go get the best beer Germany can produce, we headin' to Japan to convince these wonderful madman that it is time to spread the love of UNLEASHING HEAT on street thugs onto Steam.

FOR FUCK SAKE I HATE SEGA.
It's a fuckin Hokuto No Ken game by Yakuza devs and its likely a PS4 exclusive cause fuck SEGA.

Ludens

Banned
Everytime a Yakuza game is releasing, I wanna hold up in case it will end on Steam. Everytime I get the game on D1 or (like Y0) some days later.
Why SEGA hates PC, despite their ports selling well? Instead they give us Yakuza Online, probably a crappy browser game nobody asked for.

Everytime a Yakuza game is releasing, I wanna hold up in case it will end on Steam. Everytime I get the game on D1 or (like Y0) some days later.
Why SEGA hates PC, despite their ports selling well? Instead they give us Yakuza Online, probably a crappy browser game nobody asked for.

Because Sega Japan fuckin sucks.

Monooboe

Seeing all the GOTY candidates make me realize how much I've missed. My list is so sad haha, maybe Unexplored but other than that nothing worth really to mention. I think I also have to abstain from this years Steam GOTY. But overall I am glad that it seems to have been a great year, I have tons in my "play as soon as I can" list.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I said it last year and it bears repeating; I'd rather have people vote for one thing they liked than not vote at all because they didn't play five things they loved.

Last year had a disappointingly low voter turn out.

I said it last year and it bears repeating; I'd rather have people vote for one thing they liked than not vote at all because they didn't play five things they loved.

Yeah, agreed.

This year, I probably would only vote for 3-4 games. I didn't play that many 2017 Steam release.

Also, I'm not sure how multiplatform games work for the voting. If I played Nier on PS4, will I be able to vote for Steam GOTY?

Monooboe

Yeah you are right of course. Will be interesting to see this year, feels the points will be quite evenly spread.

Vuze

I thought the Humble had Dying Light but it's Dead by Daylight.
lol you wish.
Me too :( Need a copy for my bro for coop
That game's price is pretty rock solid, I think I even bought it from Uncle Russia back in the day for about the same it's going for now.

wazoo

I don't know, being persuaded by a snake to eating magical allegorical apples that represent human sexuality and shame is still kind of clever and unique, even after 6000 years. Yahweh still had some good ideas when he was relatively younger. I mean, these days you hardly hear anything from the guy.

oranges, not apples ...
there is no apple in that region

Xater

I've seen Doom cheaper on Steam

Not surprising. If it has been cheaper on consoles, I would have bet this is nowhere near the best price.

Quake CHampions still seems to be in the 1000 player range. I don't think this game is going to take off :(

Tizoc

just back to gaming after one year of IRL problems. the amount of games to get is too much :(

I suggest first playing some music from music folders, pref. your fav. tracks compiled into a playlist.
While that's running categorize the games in your library into genres then decide which genre of games to tackle first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom