• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

Hellblade on PC looks incredible! I can't stop taking screenshots.

35982731634_d536a9181b_o.png
36817350275_71247b3cd2_o.png

36817362605_03270468a1_o.png
35982790624_9af48bcf1f_o.png

36646612192_313250cf15_o.png
36417182330_723aba5a37_o.png

36643368862_f9dd6cf2c7_o.png
36417211720_815f7b76dd_o.png

Ninja Theory did THAT!

What's the general consensus on Quake Champions? I'd be so keen to play a new good arena shooter. The new UT is alright.
It's fun. It changes the ruleset to facilitate being a hero-- err-- champion shooter now so you're not getting that complete even purity of classic arena shooters, but it still plays like Quake-ass Quake. There are four gametypes currently and three are just strict variants of pure DM; free for all, team deathmatch, and duel. So hop in, this rocket launcher isn't going to rocket jump itself.

Monooboe

Oh wow, I think I've started experiencing the most irritating fault with my mouse haha, it has started to double click randomly when I only click it once.o_O So if I do double post sometimes, I have an excuse.:D

Tizoc

So in Rage
I am slowly making progress but man I love the shotgun in this.
I got the Sniper rifle now and am set to go to the next area after a mission.
The last area I fought in hardly gave any Shotgun bullets which bummed me out as the base pistol is arse.

So in Rage
The last area I fought in hardly gave any Shotgun bullets which bummed me out as the base pistol is arse.

Best shotgun in gaming until (arguably) Doom 2016. id Software absolutely nailed the gunplay in Rage and the combat never gets old.

So in Rage
there's a quest in westpring board that will make your sniper rifle semi automatic, I recommend you do it, also the shotgun rocket ammo is a must, buy the plans asap

dex3108

Biomutant IGN gameplay video has over 500K view and CG announcement trailer over 600K. I would say that they had great announcement and reception. I am so glad for that.

Tizoc

there's a quest in westpring board that will make your sniper rifle semi automatic, I recommend you do it, also the shotgun rocket ammo is a must, buy the plans asap
Bleh thing is how will i know i can do a sidequest?
I worry i might miss stuff because i am not talking ti any npcs :s

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Oh wow, I think I've started experiencing the most irritating fault with my mouse haha, it has started to double click randomly when I only click it once.o_O So if I do double post sometimes, I have an excuse.:D

When my mouse started doing that, I opened it up and dabbed the clicker box with some WD40 and clicked it a lot which apparently helps clean out whatever is causing the doubled clicking.

Extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThirtyFour, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chroma Squad -- MB-CB9E61501B19F119
Clustertruck -- MB-0DFB153FB6F5B433 - Taken by yoshizzle. 24 entrants total.

t1503771873z1.png

Wok

I had a similar problem after cleaning my mouse.

It is time to replace it before it infuriates you.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So we are soon in the last quarter of the year, so I am curious what is the one GOTY for everyone thus far?
I'd have to say Breath of the Wild still, but I haven't played many games from this year. I think I've only played one game on Steam that released this year, and that was Yooka-Laylee (which was pretty good).

I really need to get my hands on a Switch for Mario Odyssey. Probably the only thing that could possibly dethrone BotW for me.

I think they see it as an Action Adventure game than an RPG?

Ni No Kuni II, Kingdom Come & AC Origins are all action RPGs.

More mod support info, looking into level editor.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/26/final-fantasy-xv-director-interview-gamescom-2017/

"Will PC players be able to mod Final Fantasy XV at launch? What are your thoughts on that?

HT: There are were limitations to the game to ensure it ran on consoles, but that's less of an issue with PCs -- especially when it comes to modding. PC gaming has a culture of customization and modification, and we want to ensure that those gamers can do what they want to the game. We're looking into the possibilities of a dedicated level editor. We want to ensure that gamers will be playing FFXV for a long time to come."

Explorable Tenebrae here we go.

zwiffe.png

Level editor for FFXV. LITTTTTT.

Lain

I don't care about level editors, I only care about the mod support as a reason to remove the whole cast and put some cool character like Lightning in their place. Still a 50% off purchase at minimum, 75% off would be better though.

Speaking of cheapness, even with all the doubles, the new 1$ bundle was kinda worth it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

7 Wonders II -- MB-2F151B9BC94F80D5 - Taken by abelasabel
7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover -- MB-C98C507EF053A91E
7 Wonders: Treasures of Seven -- MB-6B4F5281C826D846
Adventures of Robinson Crusoe -- MB-D885DD659D657C99
Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can -- MB-DBB959E65A3F5490 - Taken by sadblob
Glowfish -- MB-7BBF1A74C26B2639
LUXOR: Mah Jong -- MB-AC09AFF0A34AA1A6 - Taken by Popstar
Luxor 2 HD -- MB-90120B0B121C7E15
Luxor 3 -- MB-11D10B14FBD0CE4B
Luxor Evolved -- MB-613B3DF625CD3DB6 - Taken by alr1ght
Luxor HD -- MB-AC02F54EEC134F77
Luxor: 5th Passage -- MB-80EB6DDE6597A614 - Taken by madjoki
Midnight Mysteries -- MB-20199C8648ADBF8D
Midnight Mysteries 3: Devil on the Mississippi -- MB-8B6BD2027641EE06
Midnight Mysteries 4: Haunted Houdini -- MB-F9AC911320D332B1
Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials -- MB-E70FA59B0751F6E1
Midnight Mysteries: Witches of Abraham - Collector's Edition -- MB-422A1394F7645731 - Taken by nightstorm
Pickers -- MB-4C01BECCD1C0895F - Taken by fuzzy123
Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena -- MB-EF184448DE0CD6A7 - Taken by septicore
Zombie Bowl-o-Rama -- MB-D0937568D758ECCF - Taken by voodooray

Ludens

Banned
Man, Telltale Batman is rather boring. I expected Batman, I got "Bruce Wayne the Interactive Movie".
Also those TT titles are getting shorter and shorter, 5.1 hours to beat the first three episodes, I suppose the full game will be under 7 hours or so...meanwhile, the price keeps increasing. Plus, after the last patch, the game suffers massive stuttering for me, this is probably the first TT tile is almost unplayable.

Is season 2 better?

Dec

It isn't that hard to fix if you're comfortable opening it up.

DeputyVanHalen

Neo Member
Man, Telltale Batman is rather boring. I expected Batman, I got "Bruce Wayne the Interactive Movie".
Also those TT titles are getting shorter and shorter, 5.1 hours to beat the first three episodes, I suppose the full game will be under 7 hours or so...meanwhile, the price keeps increasing. Plus, after the last patch, the game suffers massive stuttering for me, this is probably the first TT tile is almost unplayable.

Is season 2 better?

The first episode of season 2 ran much better for me than the original game. Still quite a bit of Bruce Wayne though.

Nilua

So we are soon in the last quarter of the year, so I am curious what is the one GOTY for everyone thus far?

Persona 5, but if we are counting only steam, it's between What Remains of Edith Finch and Nier: Automata.

I'm also hopeful for Danganronpa v3, I really really hope it delivers.

The only Zelda game that's an RPG is Zelda 2.

why, because you can level up? and choose between as little as three variables? ah, the eons old argument regarding the even older question "what makes an rpg?".

breath of the wild is much more of an rpg than zelda 2. if "leveling up" is your go-to argument to judge whether or not something is an rpg, i wonder if you consider the call of duty series to be an rpg. or the batman arkham series. and if not, why not?

Tonton

FFXVWE looks great but I'm more interested in a DQ11 tbh
Don't even need half the stuff FFXV will have I just want a decent PC port

Jawmuncher

why, because you can level up? and choose between as little as three variables? ah, the eons old argument regarding the even older question "what makes an rpg?".

breath of the wild is much more of an rpg than zelda 2. if "leveling up" is your go-to argument to judge whether or not something is an rpg, i wonder if you consider the call of duty series to be an rpg. or the batman arkham series. and if not, why not?

I mean if you go so loose with it MGSV is an RPG too and basically any open world game as of late.
I personally never understood why Zelda was ever put into the RPG category by fans to begin with. Especially when it's the only title where people try to pose it off as such for whatever reason.
Obviously the only criteria isn't just leveling up. But such comments just start to get into the whole splitting of hairs "Oh well you gain levels so that means it's an RPG".

You can have RPG mechanics and not be an RPG and vice versa is how I see it.
Zelda games are action adventure. Just because they're set in a fantasy setting doesn't make them an RPG.
It's why i'd disagree about Horizon being and RPG and that has more going for that label than Zelda does.

Ludens

Banned
I just noticed one thing: in Batman TT Episode 4 when
Selina goes away from Bruce
, the layout of the house is exactly the same as Resident Evil 1. Is it an homage or am I wrong?

I fucking despise R* games, but MP3 really is one of the best third-person shooters. Is GTAV even remotely like it? I'd be willing to put up with the typical R* bullshit if that's the case.

dex3108

I fucking despise R* games, but MP3 really is one of the best third-person shooters. Is GTAV even remotely like it? I'd be willing to put up with the typical R* bullshit if that's the case.

Nope, not even close. Max Payne 3 shooting mechanic, 10 places empty, next non-Rockstar game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom