• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Decided to grab this month's humble when One Piece being in it leaked. Good bundle.

I wonder if Wuppo being high in those hidden gems lists on Gamasutra and in Wok's later posts brought it to their attention.

yes, I'm sure that's why Humble Bundle picked that game.

because of Wok's post.

YRZLkFC.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wish Overcooked's DLC were included in the bundle.

well look at that, I stand corrected then.

whats next? "Neogaf user Jawmuncher demands a new Dino Crisis"?

Wok

Gamasutra is the companion site to the GDC. ��

Don't worry, it is classic Rhaknar taunting me.

Remember Hollow Knight?

516Af7j.png

R5VwBbt.png

I cannot find the post where it all started. Rhaknar wanted suggestions of games to finish for his yearly achievement (52 games a year) and dismissed all my suggestions. :p

kurahador

That new expansion for Path Of Exile is out, 6.7GB update.

I was hoping for PUBG as this month's humble monthly, oh well.
Offworld Trading Company looks good at least, that DLC however...

Tripolygon

Banned
:)
ModBot said:
Instructions for danhese007:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danhese007, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
War for the Overworld -- MB-B710BF18D8CB3522 - Taken by Jadax. 13 entrants total.
Nongunz -- MB-3C24AE9045F3E3F7 - Taken by low-G. 20 entrants total.

t1501880717z1.png

Aaron D.

Quiet City is part of the Humble Trove, so you get access when you subscribe to any monthly.

This is good to know.

I wasn't even aware this was a Humble feature.

Looks like I'll have access to Quiet City after all. Yippee!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Just a quick question, so these are DRM-free, meaning they don't show up in your Steam library? They're a separate .exe, right?

Nabs

This is good to know.

I wasn't even aware this was a Humble feature.

Looks like I'll have access to Quiet City after all. Yippee!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Just a quick question, so these are DRM-free, meaning they don't show up in your Steam library? They're a separate .exe, right?

Yeap. DRM free downloads.

Is there any way to outright remove or fully disable big picture mode? I swap around controllers a bunch and on occasion it might trigger BPM for some reason or another and I'm SICK of it.

That new expansion for Path Of Exile is out, 6.7GB update.

I was hoping for PUBG as this month's humble monthly, oh well.
Offworld Trading Company looks good at least, that DLC however...

With PUBGUBS selling over a million copies a month without having a price drop we won't be seeing it in a bundle anytime soon.

Hey, this is actually very good bundle. Early unlock are pretty meh though.
Holy shit, how's that possible with your game count ��
Hey, i have more games than he does and i didn't had any of them too! That just means HB was really looking for hidden gems this time.
I wonder if Wuppo being high in those hidden gems lists on Gamasutra and in Wok's later posts brought it to their attention.
Lol, that was my first thought when i saw Wuppo.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
well look at that, I stand corrected then.

whats next? "Neogaf user Jawmuncher demands a new Dino Crisis"?

You'd be surprised how many NeoGAF users end up sometimes being involved in these things. I think over the last three years I've been the source of something on gaming news sites at least 20 times as "NeoGAF user Dusk Golem."

Given for me it's usually because I'm on-top of horror news and am quick to the draw on stuff like that.

Wok

I just need to find a good algorithm which would rank PUBG to the top of a list, so that it gets included in a Monthly to please the peeps in this thread.

Or maybe GRIMOIRE actually.

Knurek

You'd be surprised how many NeoGAF users end up sometimes being involved in these things. I think over the last three years I've been the source of something on gaming news sites at least 20 times as "NeoGAF user Dusk Golem."

Doesn't that annoy you, given you are first and foremost 'horror aficionado' and/or 'game developer'?

MissChief

Is there any way to outright remove or fully disable big picture mode? I swap around controllers a bunch and on occasion it might trigger BPM for some reason or another and I'm SICK of it.

Try, Steam > Settings > Controller > general controller settings, guide button focuses steam

and

settings > ingame > disable "use the Big Picture" ...

Dusk Golem

Doesn't that annoy you, given you are first and foremost 'horror aficionado' and/or 'game developer'?

It's a mixed bag, but you know they don't know so it is what it is. It's the price to pay that I go by two different usernames online since I couldn't decide on one or the other and decided, "Why not both!," and alternate using them on different sites.

Wok

I thought Killing Floor 2 was a shooter like Counter Strike, just more brutal. Based on a gameplay video, it looks like Left 4 Dead with persistent blood. Meh.

Hektor

I've been mentioned three times by now, tho only twice it was from a NeoGAF post.

It's awesome every time

I thought Killing Floor 2 was a shooter like Counter Strike, just more brutal. Based on a gameplay video, it looks like Left 4 Dead with persistent blood. Meh.

It's more of a horde mode than L4D.

Dusk Golem

I thought Killing Floor 2 was a shooter like Counter Strike, just more brutal. Based on a gameplay video, it looks like Left 4 Dead with persistent blood.

It's basically a very good arena shooter. There's some other modes and styles that are more like a campaign, but the core game of Killing Floor is a wave-based survival thing where you level up your perks and climb the difficulty ladder.

Madventure

Given for me it's usually because I'm on-top of horror news and am quick to the draw on stuff like that.

"Today's top story involved a Neogaf user in a parking brawl dispute outside a BestBuy.
Citing their username as a reference, followed up by them claiming their anime preferences were top tier, a scuffle ensued shortly after with the user attempting to punch the other person.
The resulting aftermath was that the Neogaf member tripped over his Naruto themed flip flops hurting themselves and crying for several minutes laying in the parking lot"

bYc77uJ.gif

Try, Steam > Settings > Controller > general controller settings, guide button focuses steam

and

settings > ingame > disable "use the Big Picture" ...
Thanks. I changed it so that guide doesn't bring it up, but it seemed to reset itself because I guess BPM wants to be that annoying to me.

It's kind of like a mix of L4D and Counter-Strike. L4D in being a co-op game against shooting zombie-like monsters and various upgraded permutations of them, CS in that you're not working your way through a level progression and are instead in a single map that has weapon purchasing between each round.

Phawx

Holy shit, how's that possible with your game count 😂

Generally speaking there is a barometer of above average indie games that I might not have.

Also being on this forum I consider my game count decidedly average. XD

MissChief

Thanks. I changed it so that guide doesn't bring it up, but it seemed to reset itself because I guess BPM wants to be that annoying to me.

I hate Big Picture mode too, my PC is hooked to my TV and soundbar. I don't hit the button on my controller so often, but I accidentally click on the icon next to minimize on steam and that obnoxious loud sound comes up, really annoying :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Generally speaking there is a barometer of above average indie games that I might not have.

Also being on this forum I consider my game count decidedly average. XD

I'm in the same boat - this Monthly was pretty good for me based solely on the fact that I didn't own anything revealed today (I did, however, already own Pillars of Eternity when I early unlocked it last month).

Overcooked and Wuppo were on my radar and were almost purchased during the summer sale. Definitely looking forward to checking those out.

Phinor

Stellaris in June, not a full price game but still higher and more recent than KF2

While I also feel like Stellaris is more recent, it released half a year before KF2. Long early access period does that to your game, it often feels stale by the time it is actually released. KF2 wasn't one of those never-ending early access projects either, it spent "only" a year and a half in early access.

I really hope Humble Monthly manages to pull me back in at some point but with games like KF2 as the bait, not happening.

Uzzy

So I'm playing Max Payne 3. Mostly because I checked my hard drive space, and discovered that Max Payne 3 is the largest game currently sitting on my hard drives, and I've not played it yet. So I figured I'd give it a whirl and see what it's like. I mean, I've listened to the amazing soundtrack enough times already!

The gameplay is fantastic, but I just had one of the worst cases of cutscene incompetence I've seen in a while, and it's left me seriously annoyed. Room with four armed guys in, and Max just walks in with his gun drawn, gets immediately disarmed, and people die. I hate cutscene incompetence with a passion, just write your games better goddamn it. I had not five minutes earlier bullet timed my way through at least nine enemies.

Wok

I will start "following" GRIMOIRE to read all the crazy patch notes. If the following ones are similar to the first patch note, I need more popcorn.

Sapiens thinks if you have a clinically tested IQ of 183 it means you're better at solving the jumble in the newspaper. This is what Sapiens actually believes.

There are other things you can do with a super powered atomic brain nearly 6 full derivatives greater than the intellectual distance between the ordinary man and Koko the Sign Language Gorilla.

An ordinary man might be delirious and babbling after 72 hours without sleep, these bug reports forced me to bring on another 0.002% of my brain capacity to solve them with a few keystrokes and upload a new binary to Steam.

• Bug encountered clicking GPC portraits on some machines
  • Bug encountered when modifying "SCALE" setting
  • Bug encountered with music volumes (this may or may not be fixed)

If you have a savegame going and you don't want to uninstall your current game, you can just delete your "game.cfg" file in your Steam common folder if you can find it.

I want you to know if my back is ever in the corner again I am more than willing to bring on as much as 0.005% of my brain power online to fix the game and keep the troops fighting. Any time not spent playing Grimoire is wasted playing life, which will never give you any Perk Keys like Grimoire does. Remember that.

Knurek

Seems like Dies irae will not be my third game with 100+ hours of playtime.
Midway through the final chapter of final route, and the game just topped 89 hours.
I wish Masada Takashi had a good editor... Dies irae's verbal diarrhoea is even worse than most other VNs I've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom