• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

Can anyone compare to how the iOS version of steins gate is to the steam version?

PqzGmfW.png

I was really high on the PC version so I nabbed the iOS copy when it was on sale.

The mobile version is...not good.

There's strange letter-boxing going on where the vertical is cropped with bars which means the 16:9 image is also cropped on the horizontal plane.

So what should have been fullscreen to start with looks tiny an unoptimized on mobile, even with my Plus size iPhone.

Runs really slow too.

I'd say pass.

I really like Pillars of Eternity, but I might recommend Divinity: Original Sin a bit more. The combat is turn based instead of Real Time with Pause in D:OS and that can make it more of a relaxed experience for those who don't have a lot of nostalgia for the genre (aka love Baldur's Gate II and the infinity engine games).

As a noob who tried both Baldur's Gate and D:OS, I agree. Baldur's combat demands too many clicks and pauses and stuff; playing D:OS will make it easier for you to play Baldur's Gate/Pillars later.

Higurashi, and not Fata Morgana

I'll take a look, thanks!

low-G

OK, this is my first giveaway. I hope this works...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (low-G, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-E3DD651C5894F06A - Taken by PaulSane. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
SPINTIRES -- MB-AB0A84DE0A39E558 - Taken by Vlad. 14 entrants total.
3DMark Advanced Edition -- MB-0B95F89734A10C54 - Taken by data. 5 entrants total.
Binary Domain -- MB-B91FCB9DAE3FF1A7 - Taken by oni-link. 5 entrants total.
Curious Expedition -- MB-2EE9354BD00655BF - Taken by rainking187. 18 entrants total.
Curses 'N Chaos -- MB-7C78A651FD90ECFC - Taken by Large Professor. 13 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-2EBE2DDE408E090F - Taken by Vastag. 3 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-8A8D81C6FECEA67D - Taken by lazerfox. 2 entrants total.

Hacknet -- MB-10DB6CF13F1741FA - Taken by Zeeman. 5 entrants total.
N Plus Plus (NPLUSPLUS) -- MB-A19A0727BDA31B25 - Taken by TheGreenArrow. 27 entrants total.
Pony Island -- MB-FAAB4AAF5F0BB300 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 5 entrants total.
RIVE -- MB-7993C2DB61B5A5B2 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-1617BAD994FBD242 - Taken by MissChief. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-26631C8F93B94726 - Taken by Annubis. 1 entrants total.
The Deadly Tower of Monsters -- MB-36DD4071F1F7972E - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.

t1501968636z1.png

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Gunpoint is so fucking rad. I totally forgot about that game. I should reinstall that this weekend.

More Grimoire news for your entertainment:

Grimoire Selling Like Crazy On The Steam Store Overnight

Grimoire was quietly released in the morning in America without much fanfare and has sold well over a thousand copies before closing hours. Not bad for an indie game written by one person with almost no advertising whatsoever of any kind. The sales seem to be increasing hourly.

Everybody who has played it has known they are on the verge of discovering something really amazing. A lack of understanding of the user interface and game mechanics has not prevented the majority of players from concluding they may be looking at one of the best computer roleplaying games ever written. The smartest ones intuit it, they don't need a press rep to give them a bag of promotional goodies for them to guess it.

For this reason, the manual is a priority this weekend and it will be released as a prototype early next week.

Initial reports of bugs in the display (mostly due to resolutions and display modes that did not exist only a few years ago) were fixed shortly after the game went live. There were other problems with 64 bit machines that were also solved in less than 120 minutes after they were reported.

This did not stop a vocal, dedicated group of politically motivated activists from deliberately purchasing the game solely to give it a bad review and then get a refund. They were trying to stop a tsunami by body surfing the edge of it. That attempt has already tanked. The incline is so suffused in Grimoire it is only a matter of time before their slander of the game is washed away by the sheer volume of people discovering how rich it is.

As the author, I know what people have not discovered yet. They are on the tip of an iceberg and Grimoire runs into deep, deep waters. The density they see now is only a fraction of what they are going to find as they push further into the game. A play of only a few hours will not even break the surface. The familiar area of the original demo, the Avian Mountains, is now only a single drop of rain in a cyclone compared to how much they will discover when they leave this area. Rather than tell people of the Dirge ... or of Waterport ... or of Bahomet Megalith ... or of the Necropolix ... or of Black Pierre ... or of the Raven Wildes ... or a hundred other areas ... or of the vast story that awaits them ... would only spoil the fun. I prefer to let word of mouth do that for me, the best kind of promotion of them all.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/650670/announcements/detail/1444946018260474150

^_^

xist

Note: You must redeem your free Shadow Warrior key by 10AM Pacific on Saturday, August 5th, 2017!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior: Special Edition -- MB-378327C0F9ADB128 - Taken by BorntoPlay

Endruen

Everybody who has played it has known they are on the verge of discovering something really amazing. A lack of understanding of the user interface and game mechanics has not prevented the majority of players from concluding they may be looking at one of the best computer roleplaying games ever written. The smartest ones intuit it, they don't need a press rep to give them a bag of promotional goodies for them to guess it.
Can this guy suck his dick any harder?

Most of his stuff reads as clear satire but then you get to the other stuff and you start to wonder.

And the numbers are probably going to be bad; it is base $40. That is way past curious impulse price for most.

oipic

Most of his stuff reads as clear satire but then you get to the other stuff and you start to wonder.

And the numbers are probably going to be bad; it is base $40. That is way past curious impulse price for most.

I chuckled at his (satirical?) remark that "thousands" were actively playing it shortly after release, with no major bugs... Sales numbers will be interesting at this price point - and with the strict IQ requirements.

MUnited83

For you.
I chuckled at his (satirical?) remark that "thousands" were actively playing it shortly after release, with no major bugs... Sales numbers will be interesting at this price point - and with the strict IQ requirements.

all-time peak

sounds legit :p

FLD

Store page for Ys Seven is live!

Says August for the release date, so it looks like it's coming pretty soon.

Aaron D.

Yeah, part of me wonders if it's just an intentional troll to whip up attention and draw eyes to the product.

It'd be nice if that were the case, but his reported homophobic and racist comments makes both him and his game a complete non-starter for me.

On the plus side all the game talk did inspire me to reinstall M&M X.

Store page for Ys Seven is live!

Says August for the release date, so it looks like it's coming pretty soon.

I think it'll be priced at $20 with a launch discount. I would say to XSEED wait on Ys 7 but Ys 8 comes out right after and releasing 7 after 8 is going to be a flaw.

Teeth

More Grimoire news for your entertainment:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/650670/announcements/detail/1444946018260474150

^_^

Damn. You can actually do this?

COMING SEPTEMBER 29th, CUPHEAD WILL BE THE GREATEST RUN AND GUN GAME EVER MADE. IF YOU DON'T THINK SO YOU ARE PROBABLY A DUMB DUMB.

FLD

I think it'll be priced at $20 with a launch discount. I would say to XSEED wait on Ys 7 but Ys 8 comes out right after and releasing 7 after 8 is going to be a flaw.

I could see them charging 30 bucks for it. It's a brand new port, not an existing version they just fixed up. And yeah, timing is a little awkward but this is one instance where it was kind of out of their hands.

Personally, I'm not sure I'll be able to get Ys VIII at launch so I'm pretty happy to at least have this one to get my Ys fix.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Offworld Trading Company -- MB-6807943119009EF9 - Taken by oipic. 17 entrants total.

t1501898986z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I just finished my first Visual Novel

header.jpg

While I was bored and annoyed with the first few hours, it eventually grew on me, especially around the midway point. If I were to continue to delve into other games in this genre, what would be some other recommendations? Keeping in my mind, most of my complaints about Steins;Gate game mostly revolve around stereotypical anime tropes.
The House in Fata Morgana. Best VN tbh

Popstar

Damn. You can actually do this?

COMING SEPTEMBER 29th, CUPHEAD WILL BE THE GREATEST RUN AND GUN GAME EVER MADE. IF YOU DON'T THINK SO YOU ARE PROBABLY A DUMB DUMB.
But are the gamedevs neanderthalensis? I don't play sapiens stuff anymore.

FLD

some would say the only.

I dont know why I cant get into the other Ys games after loving 7 but I cant.

Have you tried Celceta? I haven't played Seven yet but apparently they're pretty similar. I loved Celceta so I'm really looking forward to Seven because of that.
And to the eventual port of Celceta, obviously.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have you tried Celceta? I haven't played Seven yet but apparently they're pretty similar. I loved Celceta so I'm really looking forward to Seven because of that.
And to the eventual port of Celceta, obviously.

no. 7 was my first on the Vita, which I loved, then I tried Oath on the Vita and couldnt get into it.

then on Steam I played and finished Origins, and it did nothing for me. Tried Oath again and couldnt get into it just like on vita.

Grug

Anime fighting game? Personally not my cup of tea but I'm sure many here will be bananas for it!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
One Piece Burning Blood -- MB-81B18D9D624754C9 - Taken by longlivegaming. 11 entrants total.

t1501902113z1.png

Nabs

I'm about 90 minutes into Wuppo and I'm loving it. The Humble Monthly comes through again. It's a super cute action/adventure game based in a really strange world. It's right up my alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom