• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

1080p 144hz gsync monitor

Plan on getting a 4k HDR TV though

Well, I went from a (crappy, miniITX version) 970 to a 980 TI, and there are times when that's not enough for 1080p120Hz, so... I'd go for GTX1080 if I were you (provided some decent deals happen).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Well, I went from a (crappy, miniITX version) 970 to a 980 TI, and there are times when that's not enough for 1080p120Hz, so... I'd go for GTX1080 if I were you (provided some decent deals happen).
Ideal I'm going to deal hunt now 🙄

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Hordelicious -- MB-EC5C09FC85540931 - Taken by Purkake4
Ladra -- MB-D165DABD969A145B - Taken by Mikurden
Proto Raider -- MB-0E025C156F354121 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Space Moth DX -- MB-4266F1153E279F8F - Taken by Ludens
Vampire of the Sands -- MB-DC4A953A1AC560D2 - Taken by yoshizzle
Void Invaders -- MB-C51C3AA3CE0DEEB7 - Taken by lazerfox

illusionary

Is anyone still keeping their Chrono.gg run going? I'm at 152 days and have only redeemed a couple games.

152 days here also, just over 14,000 coins in my account - similarly, I've not redeemed that many, though there have been a few decent ones (Brigador in particular comes to mind), so it's worth the few seconds each day for a click-through.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All-Aksys!‏ @AllAksys

Greetings! As you've heard, #Jubei does indeed come out on 8/31 (barring any issues), and the balance patch is free. #Jubei will be $7.99.

DG4Uk0NU0AAWYQS.jpg

what game is this for, anyone know? I assume Blazblue? They got samurai cats now?

edit: yeah its BB Centralfiction

Nzyme32

Man I haven't had the chance to play much on Steam for quite a while now. Itching to play so many things, and have the particular urge to get the MegaMan 2 collection. I grew up with the MegaMan games but despite buying 9 and 10 on my old 360, never got round to playing them.

Also on my to play list off the top of my head - Pillars of Eternity, Prey, Witcher 2, Witcher 3, Wolfenstein 2, Dishonoured 2, Xcom 2 + Expansion, Stellaris, Divinity OS + 2, Planescape & Numenera, Fallout NV, South Park FBW, Rimworld, Ruiner, Shadow Tactics, Shadow of Mordor, The End is Nigh, Factorio, Darkest Dungeon, Metro LL, Stalker, Sunless Sea / Skies

Sigh... I need some free time

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, its for Blazblue.

he's the one that everyone wanted in the roster since the first game

oh really? I know nothing about BB... I should play like the story mode of the ones I own (first 2 I believe), arent they like VNs?

Wok

Planned for next Spring:

A first-person explorer where you’re cast as an outsider in a surreal organic world that reacts to your presence. Journey through a psychedelically colorful ecosystem of flourishing flora, rambling waterfalls, burgeoning mountains, glowing monoliths and graceful creatures.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Goldblum is awesome.

You could just open up a bank account in Europe, make a payment through it to the Steam Store, switch your accounts region, then activate it, and then reverse it and hope Valve doesn't get suspicious. Maybe don't do the switching back thing.
That's like too much work for getting something off-region.
Guess that was Valve's plan all along.

Yooooooooooooooo Humble has a Final Fantasy series sale.
FFX+X2 are USD 15, less if you have monthly sub.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/final-fantasy-weekend/
I find it funny that the mail I got from HB had a "50% off" banner and the webpage got a "75% off" one.

BasilZero

oh really? I know nothing about BB... I should play like the story mode of the ones I own (first 2 I believe), arent they like VNs?

Playing through BB2 now and finished the first one.

Have to say blazblue is becoming one of my favorite fighters mainly cause of its story mode and ya it's like a visual novel and pretty lengthy.

I can understand why a lot of people wanna play him because he is OP ;p

Mega Coin Squad is 90% off. I've been waiting for a sale since before launch...three years ago. Wow. Seeing a video of it was also how I was introduced to Xavier Woods. Well, that following wrestling kick has come and gone. Heh.

Tizoc

Goldblum is awesome.

That's like too much work for getting something off-region.
Guess that was Valve's plan all along.

I find it funny that the mail I got from HB had a "50% off" banner and the webpage got a "75% off" one.
Th banner has been fixed

Nzyme32

Got Pillars of Eternity from that glorious giveaway! The game's been on my radar for a bit, but I'm not particularly familiar with the genre. Is this a decent place to start?

I think so! For some reason I feel that Pillars of Eternity is a very cozy game to play from the start. Lovely score and atmosphere. Fittingly I've enjoyed playing it in a similarly cozy room with a cup of tea. It's just a ton of fun to take your time with, explore and immerse yourself in. There are tutorial tips to explain everything and it becomes pretty easy to play with those, but it will take quite some time to properly understand how to get tactical as you play with the way combat works as well as all the item options etc

Wok

The store page for Orwell II is here:

Ignorance is Strength is inspired by the fundamental change in the way we consume information in the contemporary age. Especially the rise of ”fake news", the social media echo chamber and the death of "truth".

Similar to Keeping an Eye on You, Season 2 of Orwell is inspired by George Orwell's '1984' and uses some of the motives from the book, such as the literal quote 'Ignorance is Strength'. Keep in mind, Orwell is not directly related to 1984 in any way. Ignorance is Strength is a modern day approach to topics presented in George Orwell's writing but are equally as inspired by current events, exploring political power and democracy in Orwell's fictional post-truth world.

Lain

Tried the Cat Quest demo, game seems alright. The beginning felt like the retelling of the eternal conflict between Wok and Rhaknar.

Sarcasm

The wait for Fallout 4 to get a GOTY edition finally pays off. Now the wait for it to receive a 75% discount begings.

With how things are (and have changed regionally) I still got the base game & season pass preordered for cheaper than before all the price hikes.

Teggy

Did a bunch of games suddenly get cards last week when I was on vacation? My inventory is suddenly filled with cards.

EDIT: nvm it was a bunch of listings expiring.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nothing new, going on for years. But yea, it sux
lot of bad shit's going on for years, still sucks and worth bringing up

Another reason to hate Activision Blizzard.
if you reach the end of the video he mentions other companies such as ea, take two and valve have pulled similar tax evasions

this finally explains why i kept seeing luxembourg or ireland on my steam purchases on my credit card

For whatever reason the Humble Store is not applying the 10% discount for subcribers nor the credit from the wallet when I try to buy something using PayPal. Am I the only one having this issue right now?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Ended up buying Agents of Mayhem. Bless GamersGate for actually having region-appropriate pricing.

Th banner has been fixed
Shame, they should've fixed the prices.

sixclaws

Banned
For whatever reason the Humble Store is not applying the 10% discount for subcribers nor the credit from the wallet when I try to buy something using PayPal. Am I the only one having this issue right now?

I remember some other people earlier this week or late last week saying they had the same problem using PayPal, but the discount went through using a credit card. I know that I had the discount when I purchased Trials of Heroes Cold Steel from them when using the pay with Amazon option when it went up for sale.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Just realized I passed 2K achievements either today or yesterday (I haven't played any of those achievo farm games either). I don't know which of the Life is Strange ones the 2Kth one is though. By the way, that game is absolutely nuts. I'm halfway through episode 4 right now. I kind of both regret and don't regret not being in at day 1 for it. Regret because I missed
the collective shit taken when Chloe ends up in the wheelchair
, not regret because I could immediately find out what happens next because I waited for all the episodes to come out. It's a pretty amazing game so far.

Played the last 4 episodes of Batman: Telltale Season 1, really cool story and they had no problems taking Batman lore and characters and twisting it into something unique, to me it's one of there better games. A lot more interested in Season 2 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom