• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

How themist of you guys.
Dark theme really doesn't work for me, strains my eyes more and when switching to most other sites which also use light colors, going from dark to light hurts even more.

To all this add the fact that after 13 years I've grown used to the base color of this board. Switching to some other color just feels wrong to me.

Tonton

Saw this in the Bhikkuhni thread:

g71c.png
Weird, did Senran Kagura not have any trouble like that?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do the new gifting restrictions apply when you're gifting a game from an "expensive" region (western Europe)?

I'll probably do a small giveaway through steam in the next couple of weeks.

No, provided the package isn't set up to be purchasable/non-purchasable in select countries. There's no way around that.

Ascheroth

How themist of you guys.
Dark theme really doesn't work for me, strains my eyes more and when switching to most other sites which also use light colors, going from dark to light hurts even more.

To all this add the fact that after 13 years I've grown used to the base color of this board. Switching to some other color just feels wrong to me.
The solution is obviously to not visit sites with a light theme.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I sometimes switch to light theme for a few hours, as it may be coincidental but I think it affects my mood? I get down if I have dark theme on all the time for most sites. It's weird.

GaussTek

Yo guys, so there'll be a PC version of Ni No Kuni II: King's Edition available in Europe, pre-ordered one on Amazon DE, but I just realized it says "Full Game - Digital Download".

So, if I'm in Mexico, I won't be able to redeem it on Steam as it will most likely be region locked... right?!

Tizoc

Boom
qVdYZvS.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Human Fall Flat -- MB-2C8C4AC817F376F4 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 15 entrants total.
Maize -- MB-356908226097FBC5 - Taken by texhnolyze. 11 entrants total.
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 -- MB-3769B2D6108F6F7C - Taken by illusionary. 65 entrants total.
Pang Adventures -- MB-933257905BAF2BE5 - Taken by Blu(e). 6 entrants total.
Plague Inc: Evolved -- MB-F9F87E995FA4EDF5 - Taken by low-G. 13 entrants total.
Quiplash -- MB-E557415ED9B9434F - Taken by Zeeman. 5 entrants total.
Sonic Mania -- MB-882C0062B6B81633 - Taken by dot. 79 entrants total.

t1502467371z1.png

Praise Crom!

Mivey

Yo guys, so there'll be a PC version of Ni No Kuni II: King's Edition available in Europe, pre-ordered one on Amazon DE, but I just realized it says "Full Game - Digital Download".

So, if I'm in Mexico, I won't be able to redeem it on Steam as it will most likely be region locked... right?!
You could just open up a bank account in Europe, make a payment through it to the Steam Store, switch your accounts region, then activate it, and then reverse it and hope Valve doesn't get suspicious. Maybe don't do the switching back thing.

Sarcasm

You could just open up a bank account in Europe, make a payment through it to the Steam Store, switch your accounts region, then activate it, and then reverse it and hope Valve doesn't get suspicious. Maybe don't do the switching back thing.

Considering there is a cooldown/period of time (after switching) you can't switch to a different region should be fine. Not worth it though....

Better have a friend buy it that you know and VPN activate key (NOT VPN BUY).

That is if its activation restricted only and has no runtime restriction.

I am new to PC gaming, and I have a question. when is the next steam huge sale? BLackfriday? Is steam blackfriday sale usually very good like the ones we see for consoles at bestbuy, walmart, amazon? is usually lightning deals, or lasts several days?

Ladekabel

I am new to PC gaming, and I have a question. when is the next steam huge sale? BLackfriday? Is steam blackfriday sale usually very good like the ones we see for consoles at bestbuy, walmart, amazon? is usually lightning deals, or lasts several days?

I'm currently unsure if there is a Fall/Black Friday Sale but I'm sure that there will be a Halloween sale. And there will definitly be a Holiday Sale.

But check out Key Seller like Humble Bundle, Gree ManGaming, Bundlestars or cdkeys. They often have low prices and sales for Steam Keys.

GaussTek

Considering there is a cooldown/period of time you can't switch to a different region should be fine. Not worth it though....

Better have a friend buy it that you know and VPN activate key (NOT VPN BUY).

That is its activation restricted only and has no runtime restrict.

Seems like too much trouble lol, so I think I'll just cancel it and get the PS4 version instead... And I'll just grab the Steam version later after selling the PS4 disc haha

Thanks guys!!

Ascheroth

Additionally to what has been mentioned isthereanydeal.com shows you if there are currently any deals for any games. Can even link it to your steam account and get mails when something on your wishlist is on sale somewhere.
You should know that 3rd party sites often have better deals than the Steam sales (all the sites on isteranydeal are legit)

Annubis

Hmm, how do I sugarcoat this?

The game isn't bad, but it's hard as balls and the gameplay mechanisms are more complex than most. So no, it's not the most accessible place to start.

I guess it would be hard for people new to the genre.
When compared to other similar games, I'd say it's average.

Both BG games are definitively harder.

I guess it would be hard for people new to the genre.
When compared to other similar games, I'd say it's average.

Both BG games are definitively harder.

I only made it ten hours into the first Baldur's Gate before I got distracted by something else.

Plus, the magic system is confusing to me as someone who's only done a little magic in actual D&D, and only in 5e.

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bloody Streets -- MB-362E6085F36809F8 - Taken by bobnowhere
Broken Armor -- MB-FE0F14B9EB68FFD5 - Taken by DaBargainHunta
Football Blitz -- MB-F73195022AC59C2E - Taken by abelasabel
Ground Breakers -- MB-D4144D80790877A3 - Taken by Powerpuff
Zero Reflex : Black Eye Edition -- MB-CF5131A48FF93AC0 - Taken by Smeagol

abelasabel

Neo Member
Hmm that's crazy. Seeing these prices makes me want to buy PUBG to sell the crates and items. How the crates works in this game?

its like csgo, but easier . Instead of playing the game waiting for lady luck to smile at you, dropping you the latest crates and leaving you to buy the keys which costs 2-3$, in PUBG you could play for a bit and directly buy the gamescom crate with ingame currency and just buy the keys for 2-3$. I spent none since the gamescom crates update and profited 80$.

iosefe

Holy fuck the PUBG items.

Should I have opened in hopes of expensive items? I'm out of town for 2 weeks and I know the prices will drop heavily

Anno

Got Pillars of Eternity from that glorious giveaway! The game's been on my radar for a bit, but I'm not particularly familiar with the genre. Is this a decent place to start?

I think it's definitely the easiest of these style games to get into just because of the UI improvements over something like Baldurs Gate or Icewind Dale. I also think the combat systems are more understandable than most of the D&D systems those were based off of.

That said it's still a pretty dense and complex game in a lot of ways. Certainly don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something or are just getting wrecked. The current OT isn't too active but if you post something there you'll get a response pretty quickly I think.

I am enjoying Path of Exile so I was like I will get something from the store. Then I looked at the prices and now I am like no thanks I am good staying a leech.

Holy fuck the PUBG items.

Should I have opened in hopes of expensive items? I'm out of town for 2 weeks and I know the prices will drop heavily

The drops are color coded by rarity and the drop rate on the higher end is really low explaining the absurd prices on the rare items, so you may luck out and get a sweet miniskirt or something but you'll more likely end up with a pair of $.10 shoes, I wouldn't feel bad about selling the boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom