• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMC is really sucking me in right now, I've been in a mood for an action game lately and the game delivers.

I've never been terribly good at these type of games so the depth of combat would probably go over my head anyways.

It's very good despite the hate it garners. There are some flaws, but once the game is running at 60fps a lot of my initial issues were quelled. There are also Turbo and Color Restriction Removal mods to make the game as great as it can possibly be, they're awesome.

It's very good despite the hate it garners. There are some flaws, but once the game is running at 60fps a lot of my initial issues were quelled. There are also Turbo and Color Restriction Removal mods to make the game as great as it can possibly be, they're awesome.

Oh damn I forgot about that mod. I guess I'll run through Son of Sparda finally. That mode was terrible with colored punks, they threw like 3 blue enemies and a bunch of harpies in the first combat encounter.

And I still need to play the Vergil dlc.

Nooreo

So after scanning this thread I'm guessing the Lizard Squad are responsible for these terrible lag spikes on my csgo matches? :(,How can this be fixed? do we have to wait for them to stop?

Mono

That's what I wanted to hear! I was tempted to grab VLR on the 3DS eShop, but it didn't feel right without having played 999 first. If everything goes well, I'll be able to do it soon.

Yeah, VLR will definitely make a lot more sense if you play 999 first!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DmC taken on its own is a good action game especially for people who just want a normal Playthrough. Still I can understand the fanbases disdain towards it.

Still need to play the Vergil DLC at some point.
Makes me curious what the future of the series is.
The Vergil DLC was really great. Fantastically gorgeous too. I would definitely put it down as "required read" for anyone who enjoyed the main game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So after scanning this thread I'm guessing the Lizard Squad are responsible for these terrible lag spikes on my csgo matches? :(,How can this be fixed? do we have to wait for them to stop?

For that to be the case they'd have to be DDOS'ing the actual server you're playing on.

Deitus

[big][disco][sparkles][angelswithharps]SPEEDRUNNERS GAFNIGHT[/big][/disco][/sparkles][/angelswithharps]
Yup, time for some epic speedrunning, might set up a sanic race later tonight too, but wanna warm up with Speedrunners obviously like always.
Same rules as last time, win a full race in an official map and all 3 competitors will receive a free random game of my choice.

1. Dunder
2. InvisibleStride
3. me0wish

We will play as soon as we can, preferably within this hour.
Will be streamed as usual and have annoying music to tear your ears down.

Are you still looking for another player? Not that I have any chance of winning, but I'm up for it if you have room.

Oh damn I forgot about that mod. I guess I'll run through Son of Sparda finally. That mode was terrible with colored punks, they threw like 3 blue enemies and a bunch of harpies in the first combat encounter.

And I still need to play the Vergil dlc.
I also need to play through the DLC. I bought it because the game was actually pretty good.

I thought they tweeted "PC MASTER RACE" :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Robot Roller Derby Disco -- MB-3172254FE89F680B - Taken by WinterDemons
5EAQeQ5.png
Frozen Synapse Multiplayer Key for Android -- MB-367B278F4942C67F - Taken by TheMadMan007
RPG Maker Royal Tileset Pack DLC -- MB-22401803E45038A5 - Taken by ZeroXZee

Sure.. I've never done impressions before but here it goes lol.

So you basically are just in prison. There's not really any tutorial. They just tell you how to move, how to toggle whether you want to attack someone, etc.

You go along with your day. Morning roll call, morning breakfast, free time or work time (if you have a job), and so on. During free time you can go to the gym and work on your strength/speed or go to the library and work on your intelligence.

You'll also notice prisoners with a green icon on their head and prisoners with a yellow icon on their head. If it's green it means they need a favor (like Gregg stole my watch, can you get it back for me? I'll pay you $13). If it's yellow it means they have things for sale (screwdriver, guard outfit, crafting notes, etc).

So of course you can craft items. You can buy items, steal from other prisoners cells, etc. They don't tell you what goes together to craft things. So you can either just try different combinations or get crafting notes. If you get frustrated you can always look at the crafting guide online.

So far I've chipped away a wall panel in my cell at night. I'm trying to save up to buy a step ladder because I have no idea how to get up in the vents lol. I got fired from my laundry job. I might either try to get it back or keep doing favors.

You can tell I'm nowhere near close to breaking out. I'm only on day 11 and I still have a lot of things I need to do. If you have anymore questions though... just ask.

Tip: Before fighting someone make sure you have more strength/speed than them and make sure you have a weapon. I've been getting my ass kicked lol.

Seems cool!

Shadownet

Banned
So tonight is the Fantasy Football draft for SteamGAF league. If you wanna watch it. I'll be posting a stream on twitch. 8:30pm EDT.

Unless you like football. It might be boring to you. Otherwise its going to be fun watching who reach for a player and who get a superstar for a low pick.

:) I'll post my twitch link later. 10 mins before it start.

Anteater

DMC is really sucking me in right now, I've been in a mood for an action game lately and the game delivers.

I've never been terribly good at these type of games so the depth of combat would probably go over my head anyways.

The game is great, I'd put it inbetween the dmc games and bayonetta because the game is quite accessible for new comers which is similar to bayo while simulate the devil may cry formula, the thing is that the moveset is quite lacking especially when there are color coded enemies and the bosses are kind of garbage, it's still a fun game to play through, I even think the normal enemies are among the best in the series to fight if you don't count those color coded rats.

Tellaerin

According to Steamprices, 90 games have been released on Steam this far this month..And that's without DLC's. List ends with Crawl that released on the 6th so that number could be bigger if there more releases in the start of the month.

Something has to give.

If the market can't support these products, they'll fail.

(And then the developers will cry foul and blame consumers for not buying their stuff at the prices they'd like, because consumers are stupid greedy meanie heads.)

Pakkidis

Hope I did this right, enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Pakkidis:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Pakkidis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Eschalon: Book III -- MB-F15543FAB9494655 - Taken by Abomination

Tizoc

Are you playing DmC 2013? It's actually rather easy to figure the combos as you keep playing. As all attacks share similar commands, it all comes down to knowing what each attack does, and from there build your combos.

Deitus

And now I have experienced a Dunder stomping first hand. That was brutal. I'm pretty sure I didn't even win a single round.

Strider

I can feel that I can beat Dunder on a course one day soon. I've been close a couple times now lol

I must train longer... harder... and one day I will succeed :D

me0wish

Does harassing other gaf members get you banned from gaf? Dunder harassed us on Speed Runners, someone please ban him!

Deitus

Does raping other gaf members get you banned from gaf? Dunder raped us on Speed Runners, someone please ban him!

I know you didn't mean anything by it, but I'm reeeeally not a fan of the casual usage of rape in gaming context.

I was happy getting second like once in the time I played.

I got in second a couple of times, but never scored a single point.

I guess I should practice more. Oooor, I could get my friends who have never played before to play, so I can feel good about dominating them. Yeah, that's better.

Just finished Thomas Was Alone incl. Benjamin's Flight. Pretty good game. A little platformy, a little puzzly, not very long, and not very deep, but overall pretty charming, and the narrator tried to make you care about these little polygons - almost brought me back to Leo Lionni's Pezzetino, if anyone remembers that children's book.

And given how many times I've seen it given away on here, I'm going to leave my impressions at that because I'm probably the last gaffer to have played it.

Strider

I got in second a couple of times, but never scored a single point.

I guess I should practice more. Oooor, I could get my friends who have never played before to play, so I can feel good about dominating them. Yeah, that's better.

Best way to learn... Watch what Dunder does and copy it lol

But seriously that will allow you to learn the tracks and the fastest ways to go. Then you just gotta somehow do it better than him one game :D

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

But seriously that will allow you to learn the tracks and the fastest ways to go. Then you just gotta somehow do it better than him one game :D

I know a lot of Dunder's tricks. I just can't pull them off consistently or remember that I can do a trick on an upcoming part. :(

You're pretty good from the snippets I've seen of the stream. And yup, best way to learn is by watching him. Still, that disconnect though.

Just finished Thomas Was Alone incl. Benjamin's Flight. Pretty good game. A little platformy, a little puzzly, not very long, and not very deep, but overall pretty charming, and the narrator tried to make you care about these little polygons - almost brought me back to Leo Lionni's Pezzetino, if anyone remembers that children's book.

And given how many times I've seen it given away on here, I'm going to leave my impressions at that because I'm probably the last gaffer to have played it.

I've never played the game so unless I start it up someday, you'll be the last for now. :)

Panda Rin

leftovers from humble. I hope they all work. if not, please PM me

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Defender's Quest (Desura) -- MB-BD4DC3B7C2142BFE - Taken by SSPssp
Titan Quest -- MB-B05A476FBBA48882 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Humble Bundle #2 -- MB-559CF47C17CA9EA2 - Taken by schwupp. 4 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-F6BC9060FFBF9C5A - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Defender's Quest (GOG) -- MB-2731D314CDF7F280 - Taken by Monooboe. 1 entrants total.
Cortex Command #2 -- MB-A9DE56A30FF6DF36 - Taken by xeris. 1 entrants total.
Humble Bundle #1 -- MB-8F19100860A69AEC - Taken by ieavei. 4 entrants total.
Cortex Command -- MB-4D33E021760DA2CB - Taken by Kagemusha. 2 entrants total.
Humble Bundle #3 -- MB-E2A42A47B64F58B5 - Taken by Sammichu. 3 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-60B2A34948696AC5 - Taken by factorone. 1 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy, Lone Survivor, Braid -- MB-2E70FCBE6E47AB55 - Taken by aku:jiki. 7 entrants total.
World of Goo, Anomaly, Osmos, EDGE -- MB-0BF84616FE140689 - Taken by KingDirk. 2 entrants total.
Red Faction: Armageddon Path of War DLC -- MB-AFAA6AB09A6AC819 - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
Fieldrunners, BIT.TRIP BEAT, SpaceChem, Uplink -- MB-83F4366D4A6F611F - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.

t1408908091z1.png

Anteater

think i'm done with guacamelee, got all the orbs again but don't feel like finishing the achievements so I'll end it here.

Think i'm going to finish spec ops and move on to alpha protocol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom