• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Should I look for any graphics mods for Mirror's Edge? I've seen some screens of it on Steam and it looks amazing, but I can't tell if it's vanilla or not.

I don't think there are many graphic mods, the game looks amazing as it is but there's something you could do to improve performance for nvidia gpus:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12287460&postcount=1

The game runs really well with the performance tweak so you could probably downsample the game from a higher resolution too.

But shouldn't DLC only be considered when you have completed the base game and want more?

Not in Bethesda games where who knows which DLC that mod you want to use requires. Neither in Bethesda games where it will end up costing you significantly more buying the DLC later than if you got it all at once.

Some games, yes, treat DLC as extra. Bethesda games, nah. Besides, Bethesda DLC post-horse armor has all been pretty good except for Hearthfire.

Grief.exe

Should I look for any graphics mods for Mirror's Edge? I've seen some screens of it on Steam and it looks amazing, but I can't tell if it's vanilla or not.

Some of the latter Unreal Engines have been difficult to get mods going in. If you just downsample the game it still looks amazing.

iI1kc7OvWNoRv.png

MattyG

Banned
I don't think there are many graphic mods, the game looks amazing as it is but there's something you could do to improve performance for nvidia gpus:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12287460&postcount=1

The game runs really well with the performance tweak so you could probably downsample the game from a higher resolution too.

Some of the latter Unreal Engines have been difficult to get mods going in. If you just downsample the game it still looks amazing.
Looks like I'll be downsampling for the first time then!

Turfster

Thanks JaseC and Turfster.

I guess I rather wait till GMG has a 50% sale on that and then I can finally use my credits :D

Yeah, it's basically "do I want this? Eh. Maybe at 75% off... or when it's free on PS+" at the moment. AC3 totally torpedoed my interest in the franchise. Good job, Ubi.

Vuze

Game looks stunning as is (maybe try downsampling if you can as Grief mentioned). You could use generic ENB or SFX but since the game is really color-sensitive you would probably have to tweak it alot to look better than vanilla in all levels.

Yeah, it's basically "do I want this? Eh. Maybe at 75% off... or when it's free on PS+" at the moment. AC3 totally torpedoed my interest in the franchise. Good job, Ubi.

Thats the same for me. But wanted to try the new one then, since Unity is coming out soon.

Btw. anyone knows the price for the Tropico 4 Bundle? A ToD ticket or is that already too much?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of fenners, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Worms Pinball -- MB-CFA78385137A295A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-2D3F4BBF9FA9BF23 - Taken by stutte. 2 entrants total.
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-088CD6F8205557A3 - Taken by danhese007. 5 entrants total.

t1408936649z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Found "The Cat Lady" in my library and looked at some videos to check it out. This game is really creepy, but the soundtrack is pretty good though.
It's really good and interesting. If you're OK with the subject matter (depression and suicide), it wouldn't be a bad idea to give it a try.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-ED5B8F9810F84A1D
ulgzbKC.png
Master Reboot (Desura) -- MB-BD6736360CDC2EB9 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Master Reboot (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1408895670z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Honestly, here parents would have and have supported the clerk in situations like these. I have seen it many times. Brat behaves very rude/stupid -> clerk threatens -> parents side with clerk. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Anyhow, dude I fell asleep yesterday; total knock-out o_O I think it's the meds I take. They make me sleepy. Sorry, really wanted to play CS:GO :(

There's another story I should tell you guys.
Months ago. There was a little 10 years old girl that came in with her father. Apparently they were going to get a 3DS game.She was adorable. They spent a good amount of time looking at the selection. Nothing is wrong with that, I even help recommended some stuff. Anyway near the end before I ring them up. The girl started asking to get 2 games instead of 1. Her dad was kinda looking like he might comply. But he was still saying no. She grab the 2nd game and put it on the table and said.

"Oh don't mind my daddy, ring this out for me. He's just being a little ____" (she just cut off right there and give him the *you're a bitch* look.)

I kid you not. I stood there in disbelief at what was going on. I didn't say anything and waited for the father response. He finally caved and they ended up getting both and walked out. She was super happy. And before the dad left I look at him and gave him a (dude...your child is a demon) look. He smile a bit nod in agreement and left.

She was completely spoiled by him and wow she was mean.
-----
Also don't worry about it. I'll be on today :) we can play!

There's another story I should tell you guys.

-----
Also don't worry about it. I'll be on today :) we can play!

I notice such behaviour a lot in China. Since most people are only-childs, they get spoiled so much by their parents, that they think they can get anything.
And they do.

Even when they have a job and are like 26/27, they can still get whatever they want...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Haunted, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 12 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Planet Stronghold DLC Key -- MB-2349A38A0351B92A - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-907A7F2A9E38A4D4 - Taken by ModBot
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-6B036A01C03EEFF1 - Taken by Sub Zero. 1 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-739F4888A7CC1B68 - Taken by Ozium. 16 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Humble Weekly Popcap Sale (Origin) -- MB-F7EA5D477758A572 - Taken by Ryne. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-6B0E4FF045DE331E - Taken by Emperor_EL. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) -- MB-336B36858031F968
Planet Stronghold -- MB-0948A197A64447F9 - Taken by Scipius. 5 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-385A62C4FB6AE446 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Broken Age (OUYA) -- MB-488A69F6E2786E51 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-7A2685C77B6DCF36 - Taken by Mono. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-99DE8E454136E069
Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-507D29F46C32CC91
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-63092EFFFB7731C2 - Taken by hepburn3d. 2 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-56B45ACD07336EF2
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Introversion Bundle (Desura) -- MB-166DCCEAD03268E6 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-9E84CEB82C34990B
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-725DE95F10FD5DCA
ulgzbKC.png
Anodyne (Desura) -- MB-C1FFF05BBF21C9FD - Taken by Darth Kupi

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Reign: Conflict of Nations failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1408938628z1.png

How's Cave Story+? Only saw videos of the 3DS version and I liked the style. But the steam version looks very different. I am not shallow but I'd prefer the 3DS visuals.
How does it play, is it fun?

How's Cave Story+? Only saw videos of the 3DS version and I liked the style. But the steam version looks very different. I am not shallow but I'd prefer the 3DS visuals.
How does it play, is it fun?

It's a very competent (sigh) Metroidvania. Totally worth playing. Also the inspiration of many many many many many many

many current indie games.

Mirrors Edge looks absolutely amazing at times, then they ruin it with super low quality textures/decals and awful cutscenes.

Can you give me some impressions? :) I've been wanting to get it. But haven't pull the trigger yet.

Sure.. I've never done impressions before but here it goes lol.

So you basically are just in prison. There's not really any tutorial. They just tell you how to move, how to toggle whether you want to attack someone, etc.

You go along with your day. Morning roll call, morning breakfast, free time or work time (if you have a job), and so on. During free time you can go to the gym and work on your strength/speed or go to the library and work on your intelligence.

You'll also notice prisoners with a green icon on their head and prisoners with a yellow icon on their head. If it's green it means they need a favor (like Gregg stole my watch, can you get it back for me? I'll pay you $13). If it's yellow it means they have things for sale (screwdriver, guard outfit, crafting notes, etc).

So of course you can craft items. You can buy items, steal from other prisoners cells, etc. They don't tell you what goes together to craft things. So you can either just try different combinations or get crafting notes. If you get frustrated you can always look at the crafting guide online.

So far I've chipped away a wall panel in my cell at night. I'm trying to save up to buy a step ladder because I have no idea how to get up in the vents lol. I got fired from my laundry job. I might either try to get it back or keep doing favors.

You can tell I'm nowhere near close to breaking out. I'm only on day 11 and I still have a lot of things I need to do. If you have anymore questions though... just ask.

Tip: Before fighting someone make sure you have more strength/speed than them and make sure you have a weapon. I've been getting my ass kicked lol.

kevin1025

Banned

So you basically are just in prison. There's not really any tutorial. They just tell you how to move, how to toggle whether you want to attack someone, etc.

You go along with your day. Morning roll call, morning breakfast, free time or work time (if you have a job), and so on. During free time you can go to the gym and work on your strength/speed or go to the library and work on your intelligence.

You'll also notice prisoners with a green icon on their head and prisoners with a yellow icon on their head. If it's green it means they need a favor (like Gregg stole my watch, can you get it back for me? I'll pay you $13). If it's yellow it means they have things for sale (screwdriver, guard outfit, crafting notes, etc).

So of course you can craft items. You can buy items, steal from other prisoners cells, etc. They don't tell you what goes together to craft things. So you can either just try different combinations or get crafting notes. If you get frustrated you can always look at the crafting guide online.

So far I've chipped away a wall panel in my cell at night. I'm trying to save up to buy a step ladder because I have no idea how to get up in the vents lol. I got fired from my laundry job. I might either try to get it back or keep doing favors.

If you have anymore questions... just ask.

Tip: Before fighting someone make sure you have more strength/speed than them and make sure you have a weapon. I've been getting my ass kicked lol.

That sounds so good. Wishlisted big time.

Sendou

If you have anymore questions... just ask.

Thanks for the impressions. I'm really interested in the game. It's just that as with other games I'm not willing to jump on board before Early Access period ends.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Phoenix Wright games are a good starting point.
So is 999.
I can second the Ace Attorney recommendation, those games are amazing.

As for 999, I'll find out how good it is when I finally receive my copy next month. Hope it is worth all the hype!

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah.. I think they said official release is Q4 2014. So it's not that long of a wait.
Thanks for the impression! Great job! I'm definitely going to get it then!

As for 999, I'll find out how good it is when I finally receive my copy next month. Hope it is worth all the hype!
you'll have 999 problems but enjoying it won't be one of them :p

Mono

999 is definitely worth the hype! Make sure to play the sequel too if you like it and have a 3DS/Vita!

Speaking of Mirror's Edge

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Woody Invincible, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mirror's Edge -- MB-0DB6D96CA57B040F - Taken by Blak_Status. 1 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-9BDA6D0595C72CCF - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.

t1408898430z1.png

Mono

Steam support has yet to respond to me, and now a lot of games I got directly from the Steam store are completely gone from my Steam library, too :X I'm most likely not going to be using Steam again after this mess.

Benedict

Speaking of Mirror's Edge

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Woody Invincible, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Mirror's Edge -- MB-0DB6D96CA57B040F - Taken by Blak_Status
Dead Space -- MB-9BDA6D0595C72CCF - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.

t1408898430z1.png

The games are Steam and not Origin right?

Chariot

Could somebody post beautiful Tomb Raider gifs? I am looking at the offer of Greenmangaming, but I am not entirely sure.

This fucker right here.

Killed all his family and looks demonic as hell itself.

... Though what should I do? Try and invade England or Scotland?
England seems in tumult, grab the single little states while they're separated.

999 is fantastic and absolutely worth the hype. I just played through it (8 times) a month or so ago and it was a great ride.

Nabs

Steam support has yet to respond to me, and now a lot of games I got directly from the Steam store are completely gone from my Steam library, too :X I'm most likely not going to be using Steam again after this mess.

Have you checked your credit cards/paypal for anything unusual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom