• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

During my last CS:GO match (which I totally owned, btw), I received the cutest message ever: "copons yous just a fucking camper wish you die of caner fucking noob" (literal quote or something)

Oh, now that someone wished me to die of "caner" I feel I finally entered my adulthood. :cool:

Tecl0n

I've been enjoying my caster run a lot more than the str or dex runs in DkSII.

I can second the Ace Attorney recommendation, those games are amazing.

As for 999, I'll find out how good it is when I finally receive my copy next month. Hope it is worth all the hype!

999 is SO good.

During my last CS:GO match (which I totally owned, btw), I received the cutest message ever: "copons yous just a fucking camper wish you die of caner fucking noob" (literal quote or something)

Oh, now that someone wished me to die of "caner" I feel I finally entered my adulthood. :cool:

It's a rite of passage.

And this hacker is pretending to be Mono as we type, get 'em!

Mono

999 is fantastic and absolutely worth the hype. I just played through it (8 times) a month or so ago and it was a great ride.

I have to replay that series soon! I played 999 when it first came out, so fun! I might have missed one of the bad endings.

Have you checked your credit cards/paypal for anything unusual?

The refunds showed up on PayPal out of the blue, but PayPal said it was on Valve's end, so I'm not sure what happened!

Volimar

Played some of Borderlands 2 during this free weekend and I really enjoyed it. Good stupid humor, good fights. Never played the first one though.

Shadownet

Banned

I'm just glad they didn't SWAT you. Some people are salty.

Valve randomly refunded the last three gift purchases I made on Steam and then banned my account! :( Very strange!
Steam customer service is really slow. Was there any payment problem via Paypal? Like not enough money to make payment?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam support has yet to respond to me, and now a lot of games I got directly from the Steam store are completely gone from my Steam library, too :X I'm most likely not going to be using Steam again after this mess.

I'm guessing you've noticed that even F2P games for which you bought DLC are no longer in your library? That's easy (if a little cumbersome) to fix:

1) With Enhanced Steam installed, visit the store, click the search button without entering anything, then select "Free-to-play" as the genre and DLC as the content type
2) Open in separate tabs the DLC you own
3) Use the DLC tabs to navigate to the games' store pages and install them (you'll need to click the button twice; once to attach the licence and again to get the install window)
4) Start downloading the game then immediately delete it; the game will remain in your library as before

Additionally, the following F2P games have been pulled from Steam:

Age of Empires Online
Arctic Combat
Battle for Graxia
Blood Bowl: Star Coach
Brawl Busters
Bullet Run
District 187
Magic: The Gathering - Tactics
Microsoft Flight
Pandora Saga: Weapons of Balance
PoxNora
Renaissance Heroes
Uncharted Waters Online
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
Wizardry Online

If any of them ring a bell, or if you want to be thorough, search for them on SteamDB, use the provided install link (again, you'll need to click it twice) and repeat step four above.

Edit: Oh, if your issue is payment-related, then never mind. ;)

GaussTek

Well, at least it looks like they won't DDoS Steam lol:

X5rEpiJ.png

Dafuq? Just went to GMG for their encore 50 games etc. to get Thief II. It's only 1,74€ and with the 50% voucher code that'd be only 0,87€ !
But on the game's page it says out of stock?! How can that be? I thought they only sell keys (it says it's a steam game).
Now I sit on my 1,24€ GMG credit, waiting for a good deal..

If you haven't played To the Moon, this is your opportunity.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (smashdude50, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To The Moon -- MB-58C08FB0BD9CC1DF - Taken by Helmholtz. 1 entrants total.
A very good story-driven and emotional game.

t1408899030z1.png

Annubis

Dafuq? Just went to GMG for their encore 50 games etc. to get Thief II. It's only 1,74€ and with the 50% voucher code that'd be only 0,87€ !
But on the game's page it says out of stock?! How can that be? I thought they only sell keys (it says it's a steam game).

They buy a certain number of keys as would a physical store buy a certain number of physical games.
They didn't buy enough keys and now they are out.

I wish I could go back in time and slap Yahtzee the day he decided to coin the PC master race phrase and publish it in a video.

It happens. They ran out of Dishonored GOTY keys a few days ago too.

Now, what's this about a 50% voucher?

Mono

Sorry to hear, did you use a VPN to exploit regional pricings?

Hope everything gets solved.

The only thing remotely sketchy I did was use dispenser.tf, but I bought the keys on Steam's market! I did move from the UK to the US, though, and three transactions they refunded were from after I moved. :X I hope it doesn't have something to do with that, because that might be a mess to sort out!

Monooo D: Hope the issue can be resolved smoothly!

I hope so, too! Watch my entire wish list go on sale while I can't use the Steam store, lol!

Steam customer service is really slow. Was there any payment problem via Paypal? Like not enough money to make payment?

They are! And not very helpful sometimes; they usually just copy and paste a response. :( The payments were fine on PayPal, and I used money straight from my PayPal account wallet more than a month ago. Weird!

Nabs

The only thing remotely sketchy I did was use dispenser.tf, but I bought the keys on Steam's market! I did move from the UK to the US, though, and three transactions they refunded were from after I moved. :X I hope it doesn't have something to do with that, because that might be a mess to sort out!

You should definitely mention that to Steam Support.

Dr Dogg

I wish I could go back in time and slap Yahtzee the day he decided to coin the PC master race phrase and publish it in a video.

The funny thing is that the first time he mentioned it was a bit tongue in cheek about the cumbersome control scheme for The Witcher. Of course as anything without context on the internet it spiralled out of control. Like most things on the internet I just let it fly over my head, that and it's a banned meme on GAF so anyone using it should watch their step.

It happens. They ran out of Dishonored GOTY keys a few days ago too.
Now, what's this about a 50% voucher?
Oh snap, it's only 20%. You can have it if you want.
I didn't know they buy x amount of keys upfront. Always thought these resellers work in concert with steam as in at every purchase from a resellers, they take a key from steam.
So, what happens when a reseller buys too many keys and can't get rid of them? Do they just have a huge stash of unredeemed keys?

Mono

You should definitely mention that to Steam Support.

I'll add that to my ticket!

I wonder why some of my games are gone, too. :X The only ones I've noticed are The Wolf Among Us and the Blackwell series. They're no longer in my library and when I go to the store page, it doesn't say I own them anymore.

The funny thing is that the first time he mentioned it was a bit tongue in cheek about the cumbersome control scheme for The Witcher. Of course as anything without context on the internet it spiralled out of control. Like most things on the internet I just let it fly over my head, that and it's a banned meme on GAF so anyone using it should watch their step.

I suppose it's not really his fault. The blame lies with the gaming community that latched on to it and propagated it as a meme. And there are those who use it unironically without having the slightest bit of self awareness as to the genesis of the phrase in the first place. It's not a flattering comparison to make :|

I didn't know they buy x amount of keys upfront. Always thought these resellers work in concert with steam as in at every purchase from a resellers, they take a key from steam.
So, what happens when a reseller buys too many keys and can't get rid of them? Do they just have a huge stash of unredeemed keys?

They have 80% off sales ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Stores that are officially affiliated with publishers don't buy keys -- unlike physical games, there are no added costs involved with, say, sending someone an e-mail. This is why digital sales have to be publisher-approved; no money changes hands until after a transaction has completed (Valve pays publishers monthly, for example).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
you'll have 999 problems but enjoying it won't be one of them :p[/spoiler]
You are lucky this wasn't a real spoiler, or else I would have been forced to cry and feel sad :p

999 is definitely worth the hype! Make sure to play the sequel too if you like it and have a 3DS/Vita!
That's what I wanted to hear! I was tempted to grab VLR on the 3DS eShop, but it didn't feel right without having played 999 first. If everything goes well, I'll be able to do it soon.

999 is fantastic and absolutely worth the hype. I just played through it (8 times) a month or so ago and it was a great ride.
Eight times in a single month? Damn, that's a lot!

Dr Dogg

I suppose it's not really his fault. The blame lies with the gaming community that latched on to it and propagated it as a meme. And there are those who use it unironically without having the slightest bit of self awareness as to the genesis of the phrase in the first place. It's not a flattering comparison to make :|

I think it's quite funny when it gets used, which is mainly as a pejorative term, it's aimed at most who join in a conversation and mention they prefer to play on PC, or played that version, or are looking forward to a version on PC later on. Even more so like the 'PC' is one specification, operating system and scope of device and not a massive range of options, configurations, OSes and preferences. You'd hardly call a netbook user at the forefront of chasing tech but some are competent enough to play some good looking games. Even hardware from 5,6 years ago isn't totally dead in the water now and still can chug along recent stuff with settings dialled right down (providing you're not intolerant to lower resolution, framerate and lower quality graphical settings).

Anyone declaring that is there preference the selves? Well I guess that's there prerogative but I find it a bit silly. Than again I would probably point them in the direction of a few history books from the 30's and 40's and see what they think after that.

[big][disco][sparkles][angelswithharps]SPEEDRUNNERS GAFNIGHT[/big][/disco][/sparkles][/angelswithharps]
Yup, time for some epic speedrunning, might set up a sanic race later tonight too, but wanna warm up with Speedrunners obviously like always.
Same rules as last time, win a full race in an official map and all 3 competitors will receive a free random game of my choice.

1. Dunder
2. InvisibleStride
3. me0wish
4. Deitus

We will play as soon as we can, preferably within this hour.
Will be streamed as usual and have annoying music to tear your ears down.

Eight times in a single month? Damn, that's a lot!

Well I knew the game had multiple endings going in. So after finishing it the first time, I started it again and made different choices but got the same ending. Then I played it for the third time with different choices again and still got the same ending. That's when I said fuck it and checked a walkthrough to see what choices I should make to get the remaining 5 endings :p

Subsequent playthroughs are much faster than the first time around because you can skip all the dialog you've seen before. My total playtime at the end of it all was a few minutes shy of 30 hours.

Strider

[big][disco][sparkles][angelswithharps]SPEEDRUNNERS GAFNIGHT[/big][/disco][/sparkles][/angelswithharps]
Yup, time for some epic speedrunning, might set up a sanic race later tonight too, but wanna warm up with Speedrunners obviously like always.
Same rules as last time, win a full race in an official map and all 3 competitors will receive a free random game of my choice.

1. Dunder

In

1. Dunder

I'm gonna sit back and watch this one :)

Strider

I think I've seen a record number of stupid posts on Gaf today in response to the PSN outing.... geez.

--

In other server news are the CSGO servers still messing up for any of you? Played a game not too long ago where the actual gameplay was fine but the voice chat was very choppy so our team couldnt communicate.

Also booted up Civ V for the first time this morning and played for about an hour. I didnt have a clue what was going on but it was fun :D

maneil99

I think I've seen a record number of stupid posts on Gaf today in response to the PSN outing.... geez.

--

In other server news are the CSGO servers still messing up for any of you? Played a game not too long ago where the actual gameplay was fine but the voice chat was very choppy so our team couldnt communicate.

Also booted up Civ V for the first time this morning and played for about an hour. I didnt have a clue what was going on but it was fun :D

Servers have had high packet loss for last 3 days

Saty

According to Steamprices, 90 games have been released on Steam this far this month..And that's without DLC's. List ends with Crawl that released on the 6th so that number could be bigger if there more releases in the start of the month.

Something has to give.

me0wish

1. Dunder
2. InvisibleStride

We will play as soon as we can, preferably within this hour.

May I join you guys? :D

Dr Dogg

I was saying to a few folks at work that this year has been quite quiet of the 'hacking' and skiddies front. So I might have jinxed that hahaha. Then again schools and colleges are still on break so I guess I was only a matter of time some of them would get bored and get up to there usual summer tricks again. Same shit every year, it's not like it's a new phenomenon, it's just requires a lot less knowledge and programming (or none even) these days to achieve with prebuilt tools galore out there these days.

Grief.exe

DMC is really sucking me in right now, I've been in a mood for an action game lately and the game delivers.

I've never been terribly good at these type of games so the depth of combat would probably go over my head anyways.

DMC is really sucking me in right now, I've been in a mood for an action game lately and the game delivers.

I've never been terribly good at these type of games so the depth of combat would probably go over my head anyways.

I had fun with it, a very solid action game.

Dr Dogg

The bullshit colour coded enemies that broke up the flow of combat for me were about the only damp spot so far. Yeah sure Donte isn't Dante but I'd say it's Ninja Theory's best game. From a mechanical point it's head an shoulders above Heavenly Sword and Enslaved. I do prefer the story and characters of Enslaved but I've finished that were as I'm only halfway through DmC so that might change. Plus Donte started to warm on me about 5 chapters in (I think I'm going to regret saying that). The Virgil DLC is meant to sort out the problem I had with the combat to a certain extent too.

Jawmuncher

DmC taken on its own is a good action game especially for people who just want a normal Playthrough. Still I can understand the fanbases disdain towards it.

Still need to play the Vergil DLC at some point.
Makes me curious what the future of the series is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom