• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Dishonored: Controller or KB/M?

You can play it pretty well with the controller, but you can do more cool stuff with M/KB
I got really, really, really good at it and zipping around the levels, trying to finish them in a few minutes is so much fun. Finished the game probably 5 or 6 times since it only took me maybe an hour* or so to do it if I just wanted to it as fast as possible.

*Maybe longer, can't remember it exactly.

And now I have experienced a Dunder stomping first hand. That was brutal. I'm pretty sure I didn't even win a single round.
What was your name in the game? I only had a quick glance. That Kitty player gave Dunder some heat though :D
--
leftovers from humble. I hope they all work. if not, please PM me
Oh man, Lone Survivor. Missed it by mere minutes. Thanks for the chance Panda!
--
So tonight is the Fantasy Football draft for SteamGAF league. If you wanna watch it. I'll be posting a stream on twitch. 8:30pm EDT.
Unless you like football. It might be boring to you. Otherwise its going to be fun watching who reach for a player and who get a superstar for a low pick.
:) I'll post my twitch link later. 10 mins before it start.
Ok, I hear a lot about fantasy sports but I have no real clue about it. Is it like betting on the outcome of actual matches that take place in the same week and you get points for right guesses?
Or is it truly fictional in the sense that you can build a dream team of say Ronaldo and Messi? But in that case how can you know whether they would have really won a match?

Wait, let's get to basics first. We are not talking about american handegg but about global football, right? Otherwise this would be sadly a dealbreaker as I have no clue about that sport :(

Played and beat Baldur's Gate and Torment recently, and I was thinking about playing more WRPGs. Not sure if I should play another D&D game like Icewind Dale or something like Deus Ex.
Btw, any difference between the GOG and Steam version of Deus Ex? Also, any patch/mod I should install for both games? Just bugfix patches, not interested in any other stuff.

Best way to learn... Watch what Dunder does and copy it lol

But seriously that will allow you to learn the tracks and the fastest ways to go. Then you just gotta somehow do it better than him one game :D

Pretty much. But the best thing to take away from playing him is his boost control. If you watch, he ALWAYS has some boost for whatever occasion. Most of us noobs just blow our load too quickly..so I've been paying more attention to my boost management and I've been winning more games against others because of it. Other than that, he's really comfortable with the levels so learning all the best spots to gain momentum without using boost is of utmost importance.

Then you just have to put the time in to consistently pull off everything above.

Played and beat Baldur's Gate and Torment recently, and I was thinking about playing more WRPGs. Not sure if I should play another D&D game like Icewind Dale or something like Deus Ex.
Btw, any difference between the GOG and Steam version of Deus Ex? Also, any patch/mod I should install for both games? Just bugfix patches, not interested in any other stuff.

Temple of Elemental Evil doesn't get enough love (though, i don't believe there's a Steam version, just the original and the GOG update...which is the way to go).

Grief.exe

Have you played Neverwinter Nights 2 or Baldur's Gate 2 yet?

For Deus Ex install Deus Ex exe fix and the DX10 renderer

Both GOG and Steam versions are the GOTY edition.

Dishonored: Controller or KB/M?

I've played entirely with a controller. I've played stealth (no alerts/kills) style, kill'em-all (high chaos) style, and the normal mix of both. Never had any problems. Since it's not competitive, you really won't suffer for using a controller, which is what I'd suggest.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Thomas Was Alone incl. Benjamin's Flight. Pretty good game. A little platformy, a little puzzly, not very long, and not very deep, but overall pretty charming, and the narrator tried to make you care about these little polygons - almost brought me back to Leo Lionni's Pezzetino, if anyone remembers that children's book.

And given how many times I've seen it given away on here, I'm going to leave my impressions at that because I'm probably the last gaffer to have played it.
Yay, it's a great game! I'm curious, did you play it on PS3? Or is the DLC out on PC already?

Whoa, Heileen 3. I just looked at that the other day while searching by publisher for some reason. I mused to myself how I never saw it mentioned in SteamGAF despite being a raising sim like God Save the Queen. Dismissed it as "must be terrible in that case."

Would be interested if anyone had impressions.

Yay, it's a great game! I'm curious, did you play it on PS3? Or is the DLC out on PC already?

I played it on PC.

MRORANGE

Just noticed the Steam Beta got rid of the round corners and have rainbow backgrounds:

O5thttY.jpg

Jawmuncher

Castlevania 2 is dependant on if you liked the first game.
If you did you'll like 2, if you didn't there not much there to change your opinion.

me0wish

I know you didn't mean anything by it, but I'm reeeeally not a fan of the casual usage of rape in gaming context.

Using rape like that is against the TOS.

Sorry sorry sorry! >_<"
Fixed it up now, I didn't expect it to be against TOS (still don't see how it could be after reading TOS, especially that I didn't mean it in any offensive way), but I would change it anyway (even if it wasn't against TOS) if it offends others.
Again, I apologies!

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Steam Keys

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kagemusha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Metal Planet -- MB-10268F0DBC632C3A - Taken by TheMadMan007
Dysan the Shapeshifter -- MB-FDD16CE2CF8A4F9E - Taken by Knurek
Galactic Arms Race -- MB-024101FD00487839 - Taken by swx

Don't listen to his lies.
The first Castleyawnia is boring, derivative and overall just a really bad 'game'.

How about we don't listen to your lies? The first Lords of Shadows is pretty decent. Better than the sequel I must say. It might drag in the beginning but it has the more consistent quality. Good action game with nice bossfights (the highlights of the game). Would recommend.

Deitus

What was your name in the game? I only had a quick glance. That Kitty player gave Dunder some heat though :D

My name in game was the same as my name here. You might not have noticed me because I was always dead, but I played as this charming lass:

Ok, I hear a lot about fantasy sports but I have no real clue about it. Is it like betting on the outcome of actual matches that take place in the same week and you get points for right guesses?
Or is it truly fictional in the sense that you can build a dream team of say Ronaldo and Messi? But in that case how can you know whether they would have really won a match?

Wait, let's get to basics first. We are not talking about american handegg but about global football, right? Otherwise this would be sadly a dealbreaker as I have no clue about that sport :(

Since no one answered you on this, I'll attempt. I've never actually played fantasy football, but I think the gist is that you build a team based on real players from across the league, and then how well your "team" does is based on how well each of your players performed in their respective games. It's all stats and numbers.

Also, Shadownet is referring to American Football. And I know European folk like to have a laugh about the whole "hand egg" thing but you'll have to blame the Brits for originally referring to Rugby as a style of football. Americans just dropped the "rugby" label since that didn't mean anything to us, and it was the only style of Football that took off over here.

Played Divinity: Original Sins like an idiot today with my brother for nearly 10 hours after playing the game for another ~11 hours two weeks ago (just play the game via LAN with my brother and last few weeks were busy). Left the game, checked Steam and my Library said 'You've played 13 hours'. Okay, can't be right, so I restarted Steam. Now it says 'You've played 9 hours'. Sometimes I hate that stupid counter. Not that it's important but somehow it always shows the wrong amount of time played.

Monooboe

I know I shouldn't want one more gaming client to have on my computer but I am very curious about GOGs Galaxy. Don't know why really.o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom