• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing like poop jokes and using a fulton on a jeep to tell a serious story about forced rape and revenge!
Although this is not really the place to discuss that, MGS has always been crazy. It's not like this is new, and i see no problem on giving options for the player, gameplay wise.

image.php

Here's a small little giveaway, the game is truly great so please give it a chance!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ingueferroque:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ingueferroque, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eschalon Book 3 -- MB-CF4C514D9E2786B5 - Taken by Cyberquake. 2 entrants total.

t1408931791z1.png

Tizoc

MGS5 is so gonna become my GotY 2015 contender, even if it does end up being like MGS4~

Although this is not really the place to discuss that, MGS has always been crazy. It's not like this is new, and i see no problem on giving options for the player, gameplay wise.

The issues is that the 'serious' elements of the story clash with the silliness, it is moreso with this MGS game than past ones because these are are more darker elements that the series is going into.

Hanzou

Well I planned on playing the free dishonored this weekend and totally got bogged with things until this afternoon, aaaaand the free weekend is over. Fantastic.

MGS5 is so gonna become my GotY 2015 contender, even if it does end up being like MGS4~

The issues is that the 'serious' elements of the story clash with the silliness, it is moreso with this MGS game than past ones because these are are more darker elements that the series is going into.
Nah, i totally understand that. I just see no problem in gameplay being a bit crazy, but the plot now being more serious. The only thing i would criticize would be Skullface VA, that made that whole tape sound ridiculous.

Well I planned on playing the free dishonored this weekend and totally got bogged with things until this afternoon, aaaaand the free weekend is over. Fantastic.

I've been playing it for a few days and can absolutely recommend it. If you've got $10 for the GOTY, it's totally worth that (even with me having paid for it twice it's still worth it).

Ozium

I won Dishonored from ModBot a while back and I haven't played it yet but I almost wish I didn't win it now because I want the DLC too but the GOTY is still cheaper than buying the DLC :/

I won Dishonored from ModBot a while back and I haven't played it yet but I almost wish I didn't win it now because I want the DLC too but the GOTY is still cheaper than buying the DLC :/

So...pick up the GOTY version? I'm pretty sure it'll just consolidate it in your Games list, much like Skyrim and it's GOTY-esque bundle.

My story exactly - even down to winning Dishonored from ModBot. I was thinking of buying the GOTY edition from GMG for $6, but I can wait for the DLC to come to down on Steam and buy it with steam wallet.
I'm pretty sure it's part of Bethesda's master plan to never discount individual DLCs to force early adopters into paying a higher price. Buying the GOTY versions work to get the DLC, though, so it's kind of a dumb plan if that's their goal.

Miker

My story exactly - even down to winning Dishonored from ModBot. I was thinking of buying the GOTY edition from GMG for $6, but I can wait for the DLC to come to down on Steam and buy it with steam wallet.

Ozium

So...pick up the GOTY version? I'm pretty sure it'll just consolidate it in your Games list, much like Skyrim and it's GOTY-esque bundle.

Because I don't want to pay for something I already own without recompense?
Why can't they just discount the DLC as much as the GOTY is discounted?

$6 is like $2 a DLC, I don't think it will go much cheaper being a Bethesda game, plus it includes those upgrade packs also I think.

only TWO DLCs are worth it I hear... I don't give a flying fart about weapon packs that break the game

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Part of their master plan?

I briefly considered buying 2 a few minutes ago because I noticed that it was in the weekly deals. Then I realized that buying it would be dumb, if only because Winter Wolves' VNs tend to be bundled a bit, so it'll show up in a bundle soon enough.

They're out of stock though (and have been for a while) so Steam is the current best-bet, I believe.

Shame, that was a great price for it :/

You know you have too many Steam games, when you go great - cheap! , then check your inventory to find you already own it.

I'm at the point now where I have to check a bundle with my library to see how many of the games I already own. I've cut down a fair bit on my purchases, and I hardly even enter giveaways now unless it's something I desperately want to play.

Do it. I paid $10 for it during the summer sale, and I thought that was a steal. For the DLC alone, $6 is amazing.

maty

header_292x136.jpg

Mini-review: I beat Escape Goat.

The main game is quite easy and only a few levels can be done in a shorter/different way. The extra levels on the other hand are hard and they are more about platforming challenges than puzzles solving.

Unless you are into games like Super Meat Boy I wouldn't recommend it to you. It took me 25 hours to finish.

how do you uninstall boredlands after it's no longer free play?

should i just delete its folder?

Don't you have the option to delete local content?
I did so and the entire B2 folder in Steam/CommonApps is gone now, although the game is still in my games library.

Either way, when deleting local content through the Steam client doesn't work, usually I just delete the folder manually, I am not sure whether this is the correct way though.

Because I don't want to pay for something I already own without recompense?
Why can't they just discount the DLC as much as the GOTY is discounted?

only TWO DLCs are worth it I hear... I don't give a flying fart about weapon packs that break the game

Still, even at $3 a pack if you just want the 2 story DLC's it won't go much cheaper or even that cheap, and I believe those upgrades just give bone charms and gold if I'm not mistaken.

Mokoi

Banned
Streaming some Dark Souls 2 right now if anyone wants to watch, don't have a mic working right now sadly, but hey you guys can come watch me fail! Also possible area spoilers abound for those who haven't played it, even though I'm still pretty early in the game.

http://www.twitch.tv/huguustable

Time for Mokoi's basic unwanted tips of the day. Always assume enemies are ready to attack you. They just pretend to be dead or asleep. I don't think I've ever ran into to one who was actually not secretly waiting to attack me. You can rush the weaker enemies. Taking it slow has it's merits, but those dual wielders can be rushed down and staggered quickly. I like to play aggressive if you can't tell. Although when it comes to boss fights don't be aggressive. Make sure you don't swing when you barely have any stamina left or else your going to get staggered like you did with the Pursuer. I can't help you much stat wise, but I always keep myself lightly armored. I love that fast roll. Also always exhaust NPCs dialog since they usually give you an item. Other than that you doing good and fun stream. To bad I couldn't watch till you finished.

I really want to play this game now too, but no time. (>_<)

kiyomi

I finished Bioshock 1. That last 1-2 hours is bad. Baaaaaaaaaaaaad. The rest of the game is great!

So I'm trying to download Bioshock Infinite, and I'm having a problem. I've got to 4GB so far, but then it just goes into the queue, saying an update is required. So I bump it to the top of the queue, it downloads for 3-5 seconds, then stops, and says the same thing again. What's up?

MattyG

Banned
I finished Bioshock 1. That last 1-2 hours is bad. Baaaaaaaaaaaaad. The rest of the game is great!

So I'm trying to download Bioshock Infinite, and I'm having a problem. I've got to 4GB so far, but then it just goes into the queue, saying an update is required. So I bump it to the top of the queue, it downloads for 3-5 seconds, then stops, and says the same thing again. What's up?
Maybe try rebooting the Steam client? I've had downloads get stuck before and usually all it takes to fix it is rebooting Steam or the whole computer.

Uzzy

ARMA 3 helicopters. Man oh man. Starts off all exciting, flying around heavily armed gunships and off to kill a bunch of enemies.. and then you realise that flying them is a complete nightmare.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
ARMA 3 helicopters. Man oh man. Starts off all exciting, flying around heavily armed gunships and off to kill a bunch of enemies.. and then you realise that flying them is a complete nightmare.

Fixed-wing CAS is even worse, imo. I can at least put up with some of the choppers.

Jawmuncher

I am now going to get you hype for MGS5
tumblr_nap0bt3iIU1rn8um6o2_400.gif

tumblr_nap0bt3iIU1rn8um6o3_400.gif

For a second I thought these were glitches.
Since I kept catching the jeep raise and just seeing it float.
Can't wait for MGS5. I need something to play that makes me want to come right back even when I have to put it down.

Grief.exe

For a second I thought these were glitches.
Since I kept catching the jeep raise and just seeing it float.
Can't wait for MGS5. I need something to play that makes me want to come right back even when I have to put it down.

Did you see them take out the chopper by fultoning the jeep?

Jawmuncher

Did you see them take out the chopper by fultoning the jeep?

Nope. Though that sounds cool. I've been kinda avoiding the gameplay stuff and only sticking with the trailers. Only time I see stuff is from GIFs or if they have been part of bigger conferences like gamescom.

Deitus

Time for Mokoi's basic unwanted tips of the day. Always assume enemies are ready to attack you. They just pretend to be dead or asleep. I don't think I've ever ran into to one who was actually not secretly waiting to attack me. You can rush the weaker enemies. Taking it slow has it's merits, but those dual wielders can be rushed down and staggered quickly. I like to play aggressive if you can't tell. Although when it comes to boss fights don't be aggressive. Make sure you don't swing when you barely have any stamina left or else your going to get staggered like you did with the Pursuer. I can't help you much stat wise, but I always keep myself lightly armored. I love that fast roll. Also always exhaust NPCs dialog since they usually give you an item. Other than that you doing good and fun stream. To bad I couldn't watch till you finished.

I really want to play this game now too, but no time. (>_<)

This is good advice. I would add to this that if a boss is just standing there not attacking, DO NOT attack him. He is trying to bait you into an attack so he can hit you back (and much harder). With weaker enemies you can get away with this if you hit fast and stun lock them, but since you generally can't stun bosses it can get you killed. Instead, bait him into attacking you, then dodge or block and strike back. But only attack 2, maybe 3 times depending on the enemy, and never more. Then recover as much stamina as you can before he attacks again.

The same philosophy applies to healing. If a boss hits you with an attack, you can sometimes get away with rolling away and healing right away while he is recovering (but be careful if he has more hits in his combo, or if you wait too long). But never heal while the boss is just standing there, because he will rush you down and kill you. Instead wait for him to attack you again, then heal up in the window that you would normally attack. Also, occasionally you will want to sit out an attack and just let stamina recover instead.

fallout

I think it that I had this problem too. To fix it, I had to manually delete some files from the Steam folder on my PC. I can't recall which one(s), but the internet should be able to assist.

EDIT: Whups. Had this tab open for a little too long. Glad that a simple fix did it!

Just had some training matches with Shadownet, cHinzo, Paul and other gaffers (these three are the teachers, that's why I mentioned their names). Man, CS:GO really is skill-based. I got slaughtered. Really felt bad for Paul when we were playing two-on-two and we got paired. I really sucked hard.
Afterwards I accidentally got in a comp. match with cechzs I guess. Damn, that was even more brutal. At last I figured out the UI and played casual where I quickly was shouted at and finally being "asked" to uninstall the game :( Talk about a warm welcome. Don't play mp much with foreigners, is every game so hostile? I'll stick to gaf-nights for now I think.
--
Don't listen to his lies.
The first Castleyawnia is boring, derivative and overall just a really bad 'game'.
I only saw videos of the first one but I have to say, it looks beautiful and more like God of War than Castlevania. I mean, is the story bad or the gameplay? If they made a sequel, people gotta have liked the first one, right?
--
Since no one answered you on this, I'll attempt.[...]
Aw, shucks. Would have loved to play fantasy football. But I have zero knowledge about american football. Ah well, some euro-shadownet should set up a football fantasy league.
Also, I am pretty bad at Speedrunners, we should play sometime :)
--
Streaming some Dark Souls 2 right now if anyone wants to watch, don't have a mic working right now sadly, but hey you guys can come watch me fail! Also possible area spoilers abound for those who haven't played it, even though I'm still pretty early in the game.
http://www.twitch.tv/huguustable
Why didn't you set up Twitch to save your broadcast? Now I can't watch it :(
Still followed you :)
--
Fixed-wing CAS is even worse, imo. I can at least put up with some of the choppers.
You know, from seeing Cheesecake's ARMA 3 screenshots, I got pretty interested in the game. Sounds really interesting, two buddies sitting in a jet, one piloting the other on the guns, both working in concert hundreds of meters above the ground taking out the enemy while talking to each other.
--
Free motherboard lol
oh and some DDR3 8GB ram as well
I entered. No shame. Actually I am ashamed but poor, so... what the heck. It'll help immensely with building a PC. Immensely.
Finally no more Battlefield 3 at 640x360. One can dream.

MRORANGE

why do people not use ModBot in that thread?

PM'ing plus random.org?

lol

It's already two pages thick it ends at 11:30 EST..... Yeah more thought should have got into it rather than ribbing a console.

I remember when we did paint drawings to win stuff before modbot... that was fun/weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom