• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

p4a_junes_jingle.gif

I made the mistake of looking at this gif with Amethyst Caverns from the Shatter OST playing, and now I can't stop watching. Dammit, Kiro. -_-;

Miguel81

There's no more planned DLC for Lords of Shadow 2, right? I'm trying to decide if I should jump on this deal or get Skyrim for 11.95.

Anustart

Where's the pic of every time improve protection? Always makes me smile.

Was playing Skyrim earlier, Annekke following me, we stumble upon some camp, then...like 8 townspeople + Annekke go to the edge of a cliff screaming obscenities and shooting arrows into the water below. Never found out what got em riled uup, couldn't find anything down there. Cthulu?

Jawmuncher

There's no more planned DLC for Lords of Shadow 2, right? I'm trying to decide if I should jump on this deal or get Skyrim for 11.95.

Can't find a concrete answer. But considering there's been no word either I bet revelations is the only DLC.
LoS1 told us ahead of time of all the DLC coming.

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't you have the option to delete local content?
I did so and the entire B2 folder in Steam/CommonApps is gone now, although the game is still in my games library.

Either way, when deleting local content through the Steam client doesn't work, usually I just delete the folder manually, I am not sure whether this is the correct way though.

oh yeah for some reason i thought it removed it from your library list

i think it did some time ago, maybe?

anywho, deleted, thanks

def sim

Some Persona games on steam would be so rad.

Awesome, I keep hearing people say the only way to play is with a gamepad so I was hesitant to buy it.

A controller is more convenient, I suppose. Whether or not it's the only way to play; that shouldn't be a problem unless you're not too familiar with a keyboard.

Sober

Is it just me or when my controller is plugged in, Spelunky just defaults to controller prompts even if I'm using KB/M?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of fenners, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fenners, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Worms Pinball -- MB-CFA78385137A295A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-2D3F4BBF9FA9BF23 - Taken by stutte. 2 entrants total.
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-088CD6F8205557A3 - Taken by danhese007. 5 entrants total.

t1408936649z1.png

Anustart

My girlfriend been on my computer forever now. Since this 760 doesn't have two hdmi, do I just use a dvi cable to a second monitor? Does dvi do sound?

A quick review on 3 Stars of Destiny, which I finished today:

I didn't know going into this that the game was a prequel to the Laxius Force series, nor did I know that it was the most advanced installment of the bunch. I played 25 hours and finished it, but holy shit was the last stretch unbearable. I've played other Aldorlea Games works (The Book of Legends), but splitting your group into three parties to take on challenges separately felt fun and consequently rewarding in that game. Here, it was downright torture. I can't tell you how many times I had to reload because 3/4's of my squadmates were absolutely useless against the minibosses, even with optimal gear.

It's a shame, because the game was very fun and enjoyable up to that point. I was doing a completionist run and having a great time scavenging different relics and artifacts, trying out the Coliseum (and getting my ass kicked) and trying to finish as many sidequests as possible. But that ending just put a sour note on the whole thing.

One of the problems I have with the Aldorlea games in general is that none of them have a legitimate "fast travel" option. You do get one here, but only after you finish the main quest. It's so damn frustrating, because it feels like padding when you have to waste lots of time going all the way back to a location to trade in a quest or find more information.

Overall, I'd still recommend it for the majority of the experience. It's good enough on its own merits. I also tried to play the first Laxius installment (Laxius Power I), but the lack of an option menu or windowed mode (as well as loud, obnoxious music I can't turn off) has put me off completely. Yeah, I know it's freeware from 2001, but considering how much content is there, you'd think the developer could have a bit of brainpower and give options.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I thought it was suppose to, but it's been way too long since the last piece. Kinda a bummer too since I liked the campaign DLC quite a bit and wanted more.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Haunted, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 12 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Planet Stronghold DLC Key -- MB-2349A38A0351B92A - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-907A7F2A9E38A4D4 - Taken by ModBot
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-6B036A01C03EEFF1 - Taken by Sub Zero. 1 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-739F4888A7CC1B68 - Taken by Ozium. 16 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Humble Weekly Popcap Sale (Origin) -- MB-F7EA5D477758A572 - Taken by Ryne. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-6B0E4FF045DE331E - Taken by Emperor_EL. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) -- MB-336B36858031F968
Planet Stronghold -- MB-0948A197A64447F9 - Taken by Scipius. 5 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-385A62C4FB6AE446 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Broken Age (OUYA) -- MB-488A69F6E2786E51 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-7A2685C77B6DCF36 - Taken by Mono. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-99DE8E454136E069
Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-507D29F46C32CC91
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-63092EFFFB7731C2 - Taken by hepburn3d. 2 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-56B45ACD07336EF2
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Introversion Bundle (Desura) -- MB-166DCCEAD03268E6 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-9E84CEB82C34990B
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-725DE95F10FD5DCA
ulgzbKC.png
Anodyne (Desura) -- MB-C1FFF05BBF21C9FD - Taken by Darth Kupi

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Reign: Conflict of Nations failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Tiny and Big Grandpa's Leftovers was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1408938628z1.png

~Kinggi~

Banned
Goddamn gamefly. Got in on some of those Konami deals and because they flag my phone as prepaid i have to wait extra long or some shit for authentication.

edit; they just sent me some incident report where they have to "contact me" to verify stuff. Never shopping there again.

kevin1025

Banned
It got scary quiet in here.

Almost done the idling! This took nearly three days and is still trucking. Yay buying games I've been wanting for a while!

So i was thinking about something for a bit now, and since its slow, i'm gonna throw it out there: I was thinking about possibly hosting a Decathlon-esque event, involving the most popular of the Steam multiplayer games on here. The idea is picking a handful (or 10, if were specific to an actual Decathlon) of the best, most popular competitive multi-player games Steam has to offer, and competing for some cool stuff.

Now, my main question to pose is, what games would have to be on the list? Consider this a discussion of the best online. competitive games, and also a gauge in interest.

Shhh... no tears, only giveaways.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-56E3659C447FE233 - Taken by kami_sama. 1 entrants total.
Famaze -- MB-2C70A531645C5C3B - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Voyager (Desura) -- MB-C6CC70B5F48C265C
Hostile Waters -- MB-02A43689AA7AC525
ulgzbKC.png
Porradaria Upgrade (Desura) -- MB-E433F9EA6AFDF9BD
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-A266CFA16653814B - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 2 entrants total.
Flight of the Icarus -- MB-74AF8A3E30AF13BE
Shiny the Firefly -- MB-B2A090BCAD9401F7 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-E099257EC6D71769 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Super Cyborg (Desura) -- MB-D9725CFF87B40951
Jet Gunner -- MB-89A55BB82C10DEB6 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 4 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-8F966BB586257A80

t1408950932z1.png

dot

Now, my main question to pose is, what games would have to be on the list? Consider this a discussion of the best online. competitive games, and also a gauge in interest.

Speedrunners, Skullgurls, USFIV, KOF, and Sanic Racing has to be part of this.

I think most of steamgaf has at least played these with each other or expressed interest in some form.

Miguel81

I thought it was suppose to, but it's been way too long since the last piece. Kinda a bummer too since I liked the campaign DLC quite a bit and wanted more.

I didn't care much for the DLC from the original game, but Revelations has gotten very positive feedback. The negative publicity and reviews pretty much killed this franchise, and I'll be bummed out if I enjoy it as much as the original.

Edit: Black Flag has been performing much better than I expected. 1920 x 1080 with everything on max, except AA, and I hover between 40-60 fps. Part III dipped into the 20s in Boston.

Speedrunners, Skullgurls, USFIV, KOF, and Sanic Racing has to be part of this.

I think most of steamgaf has at least played these with each other or expressed interest in some form.

You wouldn't want too many fighting games, just because you start to sway to one genre. Probably USFIV. Also, 100% Orange Juice and CS:GO, just thinking in terms of the thread.

Lain

After giving up trying to remember the passwords to my 2 old EverQuest accounts (the emails tied to them are dead so no way to recover them unless I go through some annoying process) I made a new Station account and gave a try to Landmark.
The game looks kinda bad (ugly textures even at high and ultra) and performs like shit (even with everything at low it was only going at 40ish fps), the UI is annoyingly intrusive and I'm not exactly comfortable with the counter-intuitive feeling I got trying to build something up as I really disliked having to constantly click to remove voxels instead of, say, keeping the left button pressed to keep removing voxels, which is something that worked with the paint tool.

All that said, Landmark sucked me in for some hours while trying to give some initial shape to a mountain I claimed and that I'm trying to turn into a secret base of sorts.
I also explored a little bit, finding an intriguing place made out of ice and where you go up to the other planes through swimming in water. I found that to be an interesting decision by the person that though it up.

There would be something to say about the claim system as well, which forces a person to constantly log on to pay the rent (you can have up to 8 days prepaid but it's still something that forces a person to never take a real break from the game in my mind and as such, I dislike it) but at least in beta it's just paid in copper ore.

Would Tabletop Simulator work? Can't think of anything else that hasn't been mentioned.

I mean, anything works if it allows for competitive online. I was just trying to hive-mind the best games, or ones everyone owns. Even if we just did 5, and they were: Sonic Transformed, Speedrunners, CS:GO, USFIV, 100% Orange Juice, and then whatever else i'm not thinking off (Like Tabletop Simulator or more obscure stuff), just to start.

Mono

Looks like Humble added an unredeemed key list to their library page. This is very useful! Is this a new feature or did I find out about it late?

Eternia

So i was thinking about something for a bit now, and since its slow, i'm gonna throw it out there: I was thinking about possibly hosting a Decathlon-esque event, involving the most popular of the Steam multiplayer games on here. The idea is picking a handful (or 10, if were specific to an actual Decathlon) of the best, most popular competitive multi-player games Steam has to offer, and competing for some cool stuff.

Frozen Synapse? Lethal League also looks like something that would fit but that hasn't officially released yet.

With any luck I'll have enough money from trading cards to get the Metro Redux bundle tomorrow, all thanks to IdleMaster!!! I think I have 10 games left to idle out of 110 or so.

Grief.exe

The game looks kinda bad (ugly textures even at high and ultra) and performs like shit (even with everything at low it was only going at 40ish fps)

Voxels.

Chivalry
Dota
TF2
CS:GO
Garry's Mod (mode where you have to find the traitor)
Fighting game (SFIV, Skullgirls, Divekick, take your pick)
Tribes Ascend (Developer did ditch this game however)
Civ V
L4D2
ARMA 3
Binding of Isaac (you can set up the same runs, whoever makes it the furthest wins)

Anustart

I mean, anything works if it allows for competitive online. I was just trying to hive-mind the best games, or ones everyone owns. Even if we just did 5, and they were: Sonic Transformed, Speedrunners, CS:GO, USFIV, 100% Orange Juice, and then whatever else i'm not thinking off (Like Tabletop Simulator or more obscure stuff), just to start.

Heart of the swarm?

Voxels.

Chivalry
Dota
TF2
CS:GO

Dota and TF2 would be good because they are free, which means basically anyone should be able to get into them. I mean, it definetely seems like a feasible thing to pull off. Question is, are enough people interested in actually doing it? If there is, i'll gladly set up rules, games, prizes, work out streaming for it. The works man. I think it would be really rad!

Ozium

Dota and TF2 would be good because they are free, which means basically anyone should be able to get into them. I mean, it definetely seems like a feasible thing to pull off. Question is, are enough people interested in actually doing it? If there is, i'll gladly set up rules, games, prizes, work out streaming for it. The works man. I think it would be really rad!

Fistful of Frags is also f2p and would be fun..

in for TF2.. not in for DOTA

Grief.exe

DMC has an extremely high completion ratio. About 50% of people have completed the game, generally that will be around 15 or 20%.

We have a NeoGAF game night specifically through SteamGAF that is very popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom