• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMC has an extremely high completion ratio. About 50% of people have completed the game, generally that will be around 15 or 20%.

We have a NeoGAF game night specifically through SteamGAF that is very popular.

I'm going to go ahead and admit to asking a really stupid question, but i honestly should have known better.

Grief.exe

Fistful of Frags is also f2p and would be fun..

in for TF2.. not in for DOTA

Fistful of Frags is amazing fun. Quake 3 Arena is also coming to Steam relatively soon, does sound like they are butchering the game with the latest patch.

I'm going to go ahead and admit to asking a really stupid question, but i honestly should have known better.

I don't think so. Not as apparent if you haven't been around as,much.

Fistful of Frags is amazing fun. Quake 3 Arena is also coming to Steam relatively soon, does sound like they are butchering the game with the latest patch.

Yeah QuakeLive is not coming to Steam. A game that's called that is, but it most definitely isn't Q3A. Jesus christ what are they thinking

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fistful of Frags is amazing fun. Quake [Live] is also coming to Steam relatively soon, does sound like they are butchering the game with the latest patch.

The classic game is still there, but it'll be behind the subscription wall. Quake of Duty will be the only format available to those who want to play for free.

GaussTek

A few Desura packs/leftovers and a EVE Online Key from HB. Take them please! :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 5 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Desura) -- MB-2ADBDACAD7F2C607 - Taken by ketditch
EVE Online: Starter Pack -- MB-7B04115275ADB2B0
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor (Desura) -- MB-3A6D3E37F03550C6 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Introversion Bundle (Desura) -- MB-706B99C17C5463B1 - Taken by Mikurden
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Desura) -- MB-D04735DF391C191B - Taken by ketditch
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) -- MB-07DC3EBB5A008AF6 - Taken by WinterDemons

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of crazyrabbits, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

3 Stars of Destiny -- MB-56E3659C447FE233 - Taken by kami_sama. 1 entrants total.
Famaze -- MB-2C70A531645C5C3B - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Voyager (Desura) -- MB-C6CC70B5F48C265C
Hostile Waters -- MB-02A43689AA7AC525
ulgzbKC.png
Porradaria Upgrade (Desura) -- MB-E433F9EA6AFDF9BD
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-A266CFA16653814B - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 2 entrants total.
Flight of the Icarus -- MB-74AF8A3E30AF13BE
Shiny the Firefly -- MB-B2A090BCAD9401F7 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-E099257EC6D71769 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Super Cyborg (Desura) -- MB-D9725CFF87B40951
Jet Gunner -- MB-89A55BB82C10DEB6 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 4 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-8F966BB586257A80

t1408950932z1.png

12 hours until STFU. So hyped.

I've been patiently waiting for this game to come to Steam, but that last little stretch is always the worst. I need it now.

Don't dispute the developer's vision for their game. They know better how to balance and tweak it than we do. I'm sure these changes are justifiable in their eyes as it will gather new players to help bring the game back into the limelight. These changes are nothing major and the established player base will have no problems adapting to them in just a few days.
yea that worked out well for halo 4...

JaseC

Don't dispute the developer's vision for their game. They know better how to balance and tweak it than we do. I'm sure these changes are justifiable in their eyes as it will gather new players to help bring the game back into the limelight. These changes are nothing major and the established player base will have no problems adapting to them in just a few days.

They are absolutely major changes, however, as I said before, the classic format isn't being ditched -- it'll just be behind the paywall. Quake Live hasn't been a very fruitful endeavour; the change list, assuming it's accurate, is Bethesda's last-ditch attempt at attracting new players, this time by lowering the skill ceiling, but id put itself into this situation by not making Quake Live its own game in the first place and instead opted to rebadge and slightly reskin Q3A. It should have been a spiritual successor, not literally the same game with a faintly different coat of paint.

Edit: Some in the thread have expressed similar viewpoints to yours, so if you're being sarcastic then never mind and well played. ;)

i cant tell if this is sarcasm or not

I thought this was sarcasm at first, but now I'm not sure. Which is it?!

Arthea

Speedrunners, Skullgurls, USFIV, KOF, and Sanic Racing has to be part of this.

I think most of steamgaf has at least played these with each other or expressed interest in some form.

why would you forget to include 100% Orange Juice?!

edited: everybody always forget 100% OJ... this world is strange

JaseC

well, we can, but then... no more new games for us in the future.

Talking about games, what price STFU gonna be? Do we know?

It's $15 on XBL. I'd expect the same for Steam, although there may be an early bird discount.

well, we can, but then... no more new games for us in the future.

Talking about games, what price STFU gonna be? Do we know?

It's $15 on XBL. I'd expect the same for Steam, although there may be an early bird discount.

On steam recent updates it says this

Super Time Force Ultra is coming to Steam on August 25th for $14.99, and it’s bringing along three new friends that should be a little familiar…

Edit: Beaten :(

Arthea

thanks nice people!
probably will wait some, and I still have to play and finish Metal Slug 3 on hard

just voted for this

Bubble Bobble (or close to it?) on steam? I'm OK with this.

Dr Dogg

This is where I curse the NA release schedule of putting out games on a Tuesday over the far superior UK standard of a Friday. Not that I don't have enough to keep me entertained already but my wandering attention span could have done with a new fix to get sunk into on Friday and over the Bank Holiday weekend than be teased about new releases (especially one I'm Super stoked for) coming out after I've gone back to work. Urrgghhhhh!!!

My girlfriend been on my computer forever now. Since this 760 doesn't have two hdmi, do I just use a dvi cable to a second monitor? Does dvi do sound?

Stupidly late to this so you're probably sorted by now but for future reference since the late 200's driver numbers, Nvidia has audio drivers which will transmit audio through a DVI port. You will need to use a DVI to HDMI converter as a DVI port at the monitor end doesn't pass audio but pretty much every monitor I've used (and that's an awful lot) with a HDMI port does, even if it doesn't have speakers.

Divius

Quick question about The Withcher 3: Can you still buy/activate the RU version?

I remember when I got it I was urged to activate it fast because they were about to change something, but I am not sure what the situation is now.

JaseC

Quick question about The Withcher 3: Can you still buy/activate the RU version?

I remember when I got it I was urged to activate it fast because they were about to change something, but I am not sure what the situation is now.

Yes, it's still region-free and has never actually been region-locked despite CDPR playing with the ACRTAG flag.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Huge thanks to everyone who's been recommending One Finger Death Punch! Having a blast with it

Arthea

Huge thanks to everyone who's been recommending One Finger Death Punch! Having a blast with it

It is an incredibly fun game, kinda it was hard to believe that such concept can turn to be so engaging and addictive.
Numbers of fun weird games this year was astounding. Nor sure what I'll do with my GOTY list, there were just too many fun games and it's not even the end of year still.

I am liking it too. But I have only been playing in short spurts, so less than an hour played. I am still on the first difficulty and it has been getting harder, so I cannot even imagine the third difficulty.

Arthea

Clannad VN is coming to steam?
wow, that's unexpected and good news!
Now if only Just would release Steins Gate on steam too...

Arthea

so i heard persona is coming to steam?

ohyou.jpg

*kills zky painfully and horribly with help of summoned giant spiders*

i've beaten mitsurugi pantsu whatever in normal too

and i was just getting to enjoy chapter 3 of tits, i dunno why this game got so addictive but it's like a perfect blend of dynasty warriors and like bayonetta for me, it works really well for whatever reason

I would say I told you so, but then again you never believe me anyway (._.)

zkylon

zkylewd
i've beaten mitsurugi pantsu whatever in normal too

and i was just getting to enjoy chapter 3 of tits, i dunno why this game got so addictive but it's like a perfect blend of dynasty warriors and like bayonetta for me, it works really well for whatever reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom