• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Silly question, but is there a site or something where you can check which retail games activate on steam? I have some coupons for retail games, but I'd prefer to buy games that I can add to my steam account :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Steam_authentication

Edit: It's not comprehensive, though (e.g. 007 Legends is missing entirely and it hasn't been updated to reflect the fact that the earlier Batman games now use Steamworks). Using it in conjunction with Valve's own list is about the best you can do, but always it'd be wise to ask about specific titles beforehand, just in case.

JaseC

So Alien Isolation is a nono? :(

It's not on there because Sega hasn't actually announced that the PC version will use Steamworks exclusively, but it's a safe bet considering Rome 2 and the upcoming Steamworks patches for the Dreamcast games.

JaseC

Do Borderlands 1 CD Keys activate on Steam? I got a Key But it doesn't work.

You need to use the granting tool.

Edit: Which does indeed require the presence of a Borderlands retail disc, just to be clear:

blandsgrantl2pk7.jpg

Jawmuncher

Why is it only booby mouse pads have the indent in them?
I'm looking for a replacement mouse pad and they all are flat on the top of the gel I hate it.
I got this damn thing as a joke gift but it's been the most comfortable pad i've used.

Barely NSFW pic of mousepad
http://www.riorand.com/media/catalo...ergonomic_mouse_pad_mat_anime_red_hair_-1.jpg

What's happening is the cloth at the bottom is coming off I guess from all the stress I put on it.
Since I rest while pushing my arm slightly up.

This is the closest thing I have found but it goes to the side and I hate it because of that
mVqKcDWCV5LETPIkq_UuHsA.jpg

Lain

Jast is literally shooting themselves in the foot.

That's why I'm calling them Just from now on, just short on common sense!
I still haven't bought Steins Gate from them and I'm not budging on this one, until it's on steam, gog and alike.

Jast would love to have it on Steam as they've said over and over and over, even before it was released. But if they don't get the OK...

Milamber

Why is it only booby mouse pads have the indent in them?
I'm looking for a replacement mouse pad and they all are flat on the top of the gel I hate it.
I got this damn thing as a joke gift but it's been the most comfortable pad i've used.

Barely NSFW pic of mousepad
http://www.riorand.com/media/catalo...ergonomic_mouse_pad_mat_anime_red_hair_-1.jpg

What's happening is the cloth at the bottom is coming off I guess from all the stress I put on it.
Since I rest while pushing my arm slightly up.

This is the closest thing I have found but it goes to the side and I hate it because of that
mVqKcDWCV5LETPIkq_UuHsA.jpg
Yep, why do you think I use a boobie mousepad in the office. Other pads don't have that comfort.

Jawmuncher

Yep, why do you think I use a boobie mousepad in the office. Other pads don't have that comfort.

At first I would have taken this as a joke.
But after using this pad for a year and then going to other's it's the truth.
If I ever see someone with a boob mousepad I won't even knock them for it. Since I know the true comfort of them now.

Deques

At first I would have taken this as a joke.
But after using this pad for a year and then going to other's it's the truth.
If I ever see someone with a boob mousepad I won't even knock them for it. Since I know the true comfort of them now.

The boobie mousepads are more comfortable than the regular ones? Where can I get those? I found them in London when I was there last year during my vacation, but I never bought one.

Jawmuncher

The boobie mousepads are more comfortable than the regular ones? Where can I get those? I found them in London when I was there last year during my vacation, but I never bought one.

I've never seen them in store but they're all over ebay.
My friend had gotten a deal there where it was buy 2 get 1 free and that's how I ended up with mine.

You usually get them in weird anime stores. I saw them in one in Edinburgh when I was there.

Arthea

not really steam related but as those games aren't on steam, Little Big Adventure games are on sale on gog.
http://www.gog.com/promo/series_gem_promo_little_big_adventure

I never heard of Puzzle Pirates until it came to Steam and I was a little curious why an essentially f2p game was coming over (oh the days before they were common) but quite liked what I played. But yeah some of thing her level play required a good and committed player base. Sadly I didn't give it much of a look in but it seemed a nice twist on the genre. Then again I still quite like Puzzle Quest and the Castlevania SotN spinoff variant.

We are of the same mind on the matter. PQ is on my GOAT list after all.
BTW, if nothing was changed in years, Puzzle Pirates has some heavy gambling opportunities.
Now I got all nostalgic, maybe I should dll, login and see what changed over the years.

fake edit: boobie mousepad? more like
buttocks
mousepad, if you ask me. What's wrong with regular one, I use for years?

Jawmuncher

The second game is on the current Groupees BeMine bundle. It will get a steam key later when it's released on Steam

Which questions even more what Majesco is doing.
Here we have a game not even out on steam yet that will give you keys. But Bloodrayne gives GOG codes for some reason.

Milamber

fake edit: boobie mousepad? more like
buttocks
mousepad, if you ask me. What's wrong with regular one, I use for years?
Regular one is too flat or too rounded. The boobie strikes the perfect balance for your wrist to be wonderfully situated between the valleys and you only use your pivot to move the mouse.

Managed to sell a whole bunch of cards and TF2 items and now I'm ready for Super Time Force Ultra. First time I've paid for a game in full from selling stuff on the market, feels good.

Dr Dogg

Don't think it will work as I don't have a disc, the copy of borderlands I have is from http://uk.gamesplanet.com/ I guess I could email Gearbox.

As Jase said you'd be better off going here.

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us

The couple of times I've used them they have been one of the better support centres (well as good as customer support gets in gaming). My issues related to already redeemed keys with Max Payne 3's Season Pass and a massive kerfuffle with a physical copy of Borderlands 2 that is way to anal and detailed to go into. Needless to say both issues were resolved within a week and I was contacted within 24 hours.

Strange, GMG didn't update thei rewards, today.

Bank Holiday in the UK today. I suspect most of the staff have their feet up or are down the pub (then again that's just me).

We are of the same mind on the matter. PQ is on my GOAT list after all.
BTW, if nothing was changed in years, Puzzle Pirates has some heavy gambling opportunities.
Now I got all nostalgic, maybe I should dll, login and see what changed over the years.

What I love about Puzzle Quest is that it take 2 of my greater loves, RPGs and Puzzle games and mixes them together really, really well. Got the 2nd on my phone but haven't really given it much of a look in (those damn 69p apps!).

Talking of the hyperbole laden GOAT list, which has been getting more and more usage round here this year. If you took everyone's submissions that post on GAF seriously it would probably contain almost every game ever (well maybe not ET). It's all boxing and LL Cool J's fault!

If I re-download and launch the Witcher 2, will it be updated with the most current patch, or would I have to get that from their website?

Turfster

Groupees BAGB9 is currently 1 game minimum.
Keys for KEL (Groupees BAGB8) will be handed out once it's out of Early Access.

Gamersgate is doing a Ubisoft sale. Most things are uplay, but Call of Juarez Gunslinger & Dark Messiah of Might & Magic are 75% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom