• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can tell, it's an average of the completion percentage of all games you have at least one achievement in. So yes, 100% in a game with only one achievement will bump you up. And getting one random achievement in a game with a hundred achievements will drop you down. Games you haven't played don't count though, nor do games without achievements.

I've been permanantly stuck on 22% for more than a year. Even idling games with achievements that I'll likely never play doesn't seem to change it.

Dr Dogg

DUDE

I actually bought and played that. We were all bored as hell at my bday and I just saw that game for a dollar and thought it would be good for a laugh. I don't even remember a thing about it. So it failed even in that regard.

I feel sorry for CDi owners. Half the catalog was this wish washy type of game.

2. It's very annoying if you're the kind of person who buys a lot of cool emotes and kickin-rad BGs that you can't put either of those things on a wishlist. If it's something selling for a couple bucks you can place a buy order for 3 cents, and that's no problem, but I just wish there was a wishlist where I could watch the average price of some of this stuff to be a little more strategic about it.

Well mine are (slowly) selling now so I guess there's a bigger market for them than I would have thought. I'm surprised no one has tried to make a market wishlist to keep an eye on or setup alerts to when a certain item drops to a price you're after. Though from your posting in here about the data values Value uses it seems like a massive pain in the arse to lookup.

Arthea

1. God damnit. I bought Amerzone on disc like 9 months ago because I wanted another Benoit Sokal game and it'd never come to Steam. I believe I also ended up buying it on GOG through a Groupees bundle shortly thereafter. ... wait a minute, maybe Groupees will give me a Steam key.

2. It's very annoying if you're the kind of person who buys a lot of cool emotes and kickin-rad BGs that you can't put either of those things on a wishlist. If it's something selling for a couple bucks you can place a buy order for 3 cents, and that's no problem, but I just wish there was a wishlist where I could watch the average price of some of this stuff to be a little more strategic about it.

what you do with those emotes if you don't mind me asking? I don't see any use of them, except selected few.

First come, first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- 3LYA0-5KPAE-D4G20
Sequence -- https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=2a54d20010f411e4bdfad5cfd6fb9ce3
Voyager (Desura) -- 38UPE-JY4PG-KFPYW-J76WJ-GI10T
Hostile Waters -- 7Q54A-5AWZW-DAKJT
Porradaria Upgrade (Desura) -- HRRQ7-OEVKU-WH3LI-PPK25-X3CLG
Flight of the Icarus -- https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=236e49fa21c111e4b3f0376f5392a286
One Way Heroics -- https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=zsKpRNGb53HrX7ZN
Super Cyborg (Desura) -- JW4MN-EQY63-5537X-P5FSK-HWJSI
Ballpoint Universe -- 2NRWJ-QV3C5-J06KT

Thanks for Sequence!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Decided to quit and uninstall Van Helsing.

Game is great for the first couple hours.
But then it just turns into a slog. Huge maps, tons of enemy groups to shoot through, some rares, repeat.

I think I was near the end. Not sure what the level cap is but my partner already reached it and my reputation is also maxed out.
Yeah the mobs are absolutely ridiculous. Co-op has helped me a lot. I doubt I'd beat the game without it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've been permanantly stuck on 22% for more than a year. Even idling games with achievements that I'll likely never play doesn't seem to change it.

Like he said, games in which you haven't unlocked an achievement and those that do not support achievements aren't factored into the equation.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
what you do with those emotes if you don't mind me asking? I don't see any use of them, except selected few.

Well you'd really have to go through my comment history to get a sense for all the dope emote usage
uZeew3L.png
, but ultimately a lot of it occurs in chats too. The English language may have been good enough for Chaucer
6UFFBWH.png
and Shakespeare
pOVxkLs.png
, but only Steam emotes can express the true depth of my emotional reservoir.
crFfu5p.png

Turfster

Games Republic is having a PixelJunk sale
  • Eden 80% off
  • Shooter 78% off
  • Monster 80% off
  • All 3 in a bundle 85% off

I feel sorry for CDi owners. Half the catalog was this wish washy type of game.
I still have my CDi, and my amazing games, like the bestest Zelda ever =p

Catshade

First come, first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- 3LYA0-5KPAE-D4G20
Sequence -- https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=2a54d20010f411e4bdfad5cfd6fb9ce3
Voyager (Desura) -- 38UPE-JY4PG-KFPYW-J76WJ-GI10T
Hostile Waters -- 7Q54A-5AWZW-DAKJT
Porradaria Upgrade (Desura) -- HRRQ7-OEVKU-WH3LI-PPK25-X3CLG
Flight of the Icarus -- https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=236e49fa21c111e4b3f0376f5392a286
One Way Heroics -- https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=zsKpRNGb53HrX7ZN
Super Cyborg (Desura) -- JW4MN-EQY63-5537X-P5FSK-HWJSI
Ballpoint Universe -- 2NRWJ-QV3C5-J06KT

Grabbed the three desura games, thanks :)

Arthea

Well you'd really have to go through my comment history to get a sense for all the dope emote usage, but ultimately a lot of it occurs in chats too. The English language may have been good enough for Chaucer and Shakespeare, but only Steam emotes can express the true depth of my emotional reservoir.

maybe you can add me on steam? I'm kinda curious now, not that I talk much, but still... would like to get some glimpse at that emotional reservoir myself. (><)
or you can post pics, if your fl is full

edited: lol, you edited it, to illustrate those depths, thanks

Dr Dogg

My dad saw me demo one in the electronic store in the mall. He knew shit when he saw it. I remember the laugh he gave when I asked for a neogeo and he saw the price.

there is pretty much anything on steam... except Tetris, I mean real one.
here you go
http://store.steampowered.com/app/262830/?snr=1_237_151__103_1

We can have a better Tetris game though!

It is not my game, but Tetropolis with its current Kickstarter is CRIMINALLY overlooked. It is an extremely unique and ambitious tetris themed metroidvania with freaking map manipulation!

Have some gifs here:

760f64ffecd91bab15e1517888fd2cdc_large.gif

4d6f08a0ec4d2964c12943ac85bfcf5e_large.gif

I think this post fits the creativity of this thread, this idea just an not be overlooked. We need more threads like this where we can support this kind of outside the box thinking.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/708039348/tetropolis

cyrok

The entirety of the main campaign is tailing people and/or eavesdropping on them. It's bizarre how they couldn't come up with better mission design.

If the new game does away with these tailing missions all together, THAT would be "Next Gen." But I can't lie. AC Unity looks like its going to be hours of fun, especially with co-op. I just hope it's not a restrictive co-op.

MaLDo

It might be a good idea to do a survey with games that are not on steam, including the amount of money needed. Of course, you should first make the task of obtaining that information using all necessary contacts. For example, the first batch that come to my mind:

Super Puzzle Fighter HD and Super Street Fighter HD Remix from Capcom.
Shadow Complex from Epic/MS.
Hard Corps Uprising from Konami/ASW.

Once listed all their budgets (to pay the developer to do the port or update a possible existing version, pay rights if the IP belongs to another company, whether is viable or not, etc) for every viable game (dev is ok doing it if they receive the requested amount of money), the survey is done. The resulting winner with the most votes, will generate a kickstarter to get the money. If successful, the money is delivered to the developer and will begin with the second one. And so on.

Shadownet

Banned
Completely OT: Regarding to those who is participating in my Fantasy Football League only. Please Read.

I have made a post on Fleaflicker message board. Please go check it out. Thank you! It's too bad NeoGAF doesn't let me message you all at once so this was the quicker alternative.

louiedog

Because there was some recent talk about account security and password managers I'd like to mention that today you can get a 1-year premium subscription to LastPass for free. Premium isn't necessary unless you really want some more authentication options and mobile access. The free version is plenty for desktop/laptop use. But mobile access is useful and this might be enough to push some people over who still need it to beef up their account security.

This works for new and existing users. link

edit: now only for new users

edit: and another 6 months here canceled

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Because there was some recent talk about account security and password managers I'd like to mention that today you can get a 1-year premium subscription to LastPass for free. Premium isn't necessary unless you really want some more authentication options and mobile access. The free version is plenty for desktop/laptop use. But mobile access is useful and this might be enough to push some people over who still need it to beef up their account security.

This works for new and existing users. link

Thanks for the heads-up. I use LastPass myself but let my Premium sub lapse as there was a period where I didn't have mobile internet data.

http://abload.de/img/i7vaddsnxlunnn2uyi.gif[IMG]
There goes my build.[/QUOTE]

I respecced for NG+ as a magic build and I'm strongly considered going back to my STR build. I think I've died more times in NG+ (up to NMWharf) than in half my run of NG.

[quote="Hugstable, post: 126965702"]Man that boss fight in Dark Souls 2 last night was so tense, took me 3 full attempts of dying to them but I finally took down the boss of Lost Bastille with only around 50% of my health left and no spare Estus Flasks. I wish I had figured out how to save Twitch streams before that, I literally had to take pause after that long as fight just because I couldn't believe I had actually won for a bit. Still gotta figure out why my stream gets all funky and pauses at times though :([/QUOTE]

You talking about Ruin Sentinels? Yeah, they can get fucked.

Hugstable

Banned
Man that boss fight in Dark Souls 2 last night was so tense, took me 3 full attempts of dying to them but I finally took down the boss of Lost Bastille with only around 50% of my health left and no spare Estus Flasks. I wish I had figured out how to save Twitch streams before that, I literally had to take pause after that long as fight just because I couldn't believe I had actually won for a bit. Still gotta figure out why my stream gets all funky and pauses at times though :(

StAidan

So, uh, is there anyone around who can give ModBot a kick in the pants? I've tried to register a giveaway in a couple different ways, but my first attempt might have inadvertently broken him (special characters and all that). And now ModBot isn't responding to any of my advances.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, uh, is there anyone around who can give ModBot a kick in the pants? I've tried to register a giveaway in a couple different ways, but my first attempt might have inadvertently broken him (special characters and all that). And now ModBot isn't responding to any of my advances.

I will take a look in a second

StAidan

Try this

Subject: Register
Body:

Titleofthegamespace-spaceyourserial

Yeah, believe me, I tried a barebones giveaway PM as well, still no response. I've given away quite a bit of stuff in the past, I just forgot to take out the idiotic "smart apostrophes" in the game names this time, and I think that kind of mistake has broken ModBot in the past.

EDIT: Thanks Stump.

FloatOn

Finally beat the first Dark Souls 2 dlc. Including the trio of jerks in the cave of the dead.

Perfect timing for the new hotness come tomorrow.

I've also all but given up on Ancient Dragon but I do want to take down Vendrick for some ridiculous reason. I've got a working strategy going it's just a matter of mastering the timing of the rolls.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My fault, not yours; I broke something this morning when I made a tweak. Fixed now. You may get spammed as ModBot catches up.

StAidan

Bundle junk.

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StAidan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

The Banner Saga -- MB-B96C3E588EC3534C - Taken by Nete. 55 entrants total.
Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-28E644FC0BAF8C20 - Taken by kulapik. 42 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance -- MB-F1CC3559D589F297 - Taken by JustLynx. 70 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls II -- MB-4D21E398EC18D8C6 - Taken by Shalashaska. 98 entrants total.
Divinity Original Sin -- MB-2979A901618C066E - Taken by EdmondD. 79 entrants total.
Banished -- MB-90E840B3524DD7F0 - Taken by Gipsy Danger. 39 entrants total.
Shantae Risky's Revenge -- MB-667A4AC937DBCE91 - Taken by Andrefpvs. 52 entrants total.
Broken Age -- MB-E754DC40FFF4F30D - Taken by Terra_Ex. 41 entrants total.
Long Live the Queen -- MB-55B4023777CE9738 - Taken by kudoboi. 15 entrants total.
Double Dragon Neon -- MB-A6327071AF4BF561 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 40 entrants total.
Transistor -- MB-112DA9865354C479 - Taken by 73V3N. 93 entrants total.
DuckTales Remastered -- MB-8E0588C718F1F5D6 - Taken by dave is ok. 39 entrants total.
Dark Souls -- MB-8255DF293271A927 - Taken by Vuze. 12 entrants total.
BioShock Infinite plus Season Pass Bundle -- MB-9CF827FD1CFE4BF9 - Taken by Kiru. 43 entrants total.
Shovel Knight -- MB-B11AF00D02883CCC - Taken by Snakethesniper. 95 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-70ADBF10C737F344 - Taken by PepsimanVsJoe. 24 entrants total.
Cook Serve Delicious -- MB-2BA5B825A604B866 - Taken by Scipius. 7 entrants total.
Assassin's Creed Unity -- MB-1E94D1AE3618B86C - Taken by H1PSTER. 126 entrants total.
Tomb Raider GOTY -- MB-A4627392962AD10C - Taken by Henry Swanson. 22 entrants total.
Year Walk -- MB-83FF02FCC409A4D6 - Taken by redlacs. 25 entrants total.

t1408992590z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom