• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was like patch 3.4 or something. I read about a fairly major overhaul of the game a little while ago, and figured that I'd like to try it out again, starting from scratch.

The 2.0 patch was a huge overhaul of the combat system, added a tutorial and a bunch of other stuff. That auto-updates, I'm not sure beyond that. I imagine they would release all patches to Steam though.

Arthea

I forgot, when HFB goes live? Which day of the week, I mean.

Bank Holiday in the UK today. I suspect most of the staff have their feet up or are down the pub (then again that's just me).

What I love about Puzzle Quest is that it take 2 of my greater loves, RPGs and Puzzle games and mixes them together really, really well. Got the 2nd on my phone but haven't really given it much of a look in (those damn 69p apps!).

Talking of the hyperbole laden GOAT list, which has been getting more and more usage round here this year. If you took everyone's submissions that post on GAF seriously it would probably contain almost every game ever (well maybe not ET). It's all boxing and LL Cool J's fault!

don't see how that can be a problem, shouldn't they prepare for a change way before today?

It's the same for me too, only I like most genre mixes (especially if one of genres included is puzzle), what might have something to do with me liking a lot of genres.

it's as it should be! I would be more concerned if everybody had the same GOAT lists, you know of games I don't like, as usual (><)

The 2.0 patch was a huge overhaul of the combat system, added a tutorial and a bunch of other stuff. That auto-updates, I'm not sure beyond that. I imagine they would release all patches to Steam though.

Ah, it looks like I may have been thinking of the combat rebalance, which is a mod, apparently, and not a patch.

Saty

So does this mean we shouldn't talk about kickstarters anymore?
How is that comparable?

GL did its job. I don't think it's worth anybody's time to keep engaging with GL campaigns and make a semi-event out of another batch of games confirmed to be sold on Steam when the games themselves are years away. Especially when by the time most of them are ready GL will already be obsolete.

Use GL to build a community and fandom and offer updates on dev. Trumpeting the game's future arrival to Steam has ran its course and became meaningless and not noteworthy in the sense that it's pretty much a forgone conclusion for 99% of titles.

Arthea

How is that comparable?

GL did its job. I don't think it's worth anybody's time to keep engaging with GL campaigns and make a semi-event out of another batch of games confirmed to be sold on Steam when the games themselves are years away. Especially when by the time most of them are ready GL will already be obsolete.

Use GL to build a community and fandom and offer updates on dev. Trumpeting the game's future arrival to Steam has ran its course and became meaningless and not noteworthy in the sense that it's pretty much a forgone conclusion for 99% of titles.
IDK... you seem to think that none of greenlight games are released soon after being greenlit, what's not the case, I remember several released soon after being greenlit. For example: Amazing Princess Sarah, Bionic heart, Bravada, GamersGoMakers, Stonerid and probably more are already released and were greenlit on July 11th. Not fast enough for you?

Or until you re-login to steam. I believe the sessionID would be different.
that's not true, as far as I'm concerned, I logout every day, haven't updated idlemaster once after setting it up the first time.

I spent an hour playing ACIV yesterday in which i destroyed a baby fort but then got leveled by another one while i was trying to avoid water spouts. No progress actually made, just sailing the seas and causing mayhem.

Yeah, the boating stuff in this game more than makes up for the terrible, terrible sneaking and tailing missions that seems to pop up all too frequently. Boarding boats will never get boring.

I spent an hour playing ACIV yesterday in which i destroyed a baby fort but then got leveled by another one while i was trying to avoid water spouts. No progress actually made, just sailing the seas and causing mayhem.

Yeah, the boating stuff in this game more than makes up for the terrible, terrible sneaking and tailing missions that seems to pop up all too frequently. Boarding boats will ever get boring.
There were too many eavesdropping missions for my taste, boring, tedious, and a lame way to forward the plot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I didn't really care for the naval stuff. It wasn't bad, just not my cup of tea. I prefer running from point A to point Z just to catch a stupid piece of paper.

Yeah, the boating stuff in this game more than makes up for the terrible, terrible sneaking and tailing missions that seems to pop up all too frequently. Boarding boats will ever get boring.

The entirety of the main campaign is tailing people and/or eavesdropping on them. It's bizarre how they couldn't come up with better mission design. I would strongly advise you to mix up the open world stuff and story missions so that it doesn't get too tedious. I completed all the side missions and islands and then only had the last half of the campaign left and it was truly painful to go through mission after mission of this tailing nonsense.

Dr Dogg

I loved the pirate/naval stuff in Black Flag but then when getting to the same old tailing and eavesdropping missions I got reminded of what I didn't like about III. Waiting to see if Unity is going to make good on it's touted new mission structure but it amazes me some people still give the first some stick when then mission types introduced in III just bored me to tears let alone the repetition involved with them.

I didn't really care for the naval stuff. It wasn't bad, just not my cup of tea. I prefer running from point A to point Z just to catch a stupid piece of paper.

The C stands for cat right? Show you a dangling mouse on a string and you can't help bit paw at it in boundless excitement :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So this is sort of a dumb question, but I've been hooked on Dead Trigger 2 for Android and Facebook. I like the grindy arena based zombie shooter combined with the whole RPG mechanics. Is there anything out on Steam like that?
Not sure if this is the thread for those kinds of questions...Sorry if not!

So this is sort of a dumb question, but I've been hooked on Dead Trigger 2 for Android and Facebook. I like the grindy arena based zombie shooter combined with the whole RPG mechanics. Is there anything out on Steam like that?

Wasnt Dead Trigger supposed to come out on Steam? I remember it was greenlit.

Killing Floor is what you are looking for though it seems.

How is "Avg. Game Completion Rate" calculated? Do they take the average percentage of each game, or is it just the percentage of all achievements you've done? If a game has one achievement and you complete it, does that increase your average significantly because it's a 100%, or is it just one more achievement on the pile?

Arthea

there is pretty much anything on steam... except Tetris, I mean real one.
here you go
http://store.steampowered.com/app/262830/?snr=1_237_151__103_1

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wasnt Dead Trigger supposed to come out on Steam? I remember it was greenlit.

Killing Floor is what you are looking for though it seems.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Killing Floor. I'll have to check that out, thanks.

there is pretty much anything on steam... except Tetris, I mean real one.
here you go
http://store.steampowered.com/app/262830/?snr=1_237_151__103_1

Interesting - I don't remember ever seeing this. I'll also check this out!

The entirety of the main campaign is tailing people and/or eavesdropping on them. It's bizarre how they couldn't come up with better mission design. I would strongly advise you to mix up the open world stuff and story missions so that it doesn't get too tedious. I completed all the side missions and islands and then only had the last half of the campaign left and it was truly painful to go through mission after mission of this tailing nonsense.

I really hope they take the rating system and actually pay attention to it. It's a pretty solid idea for a game that comes out every year so they can improve on it with the sequels.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Steam isn't complete until we get the XBLIG classic "Don't b nervous talking 2 girls"

now that game looks great

screen2.jpg

i would play it :p

and i would love a good tetris version on steam, kind of strange that there isn't one

Jawmuncher

now that game looks great

screen2.jpg

i would play it :p

and i would love a good tetris version on steam, kind of strange that there isn't one

DUDE

I actually bought and played that. We were all bored as hell at my bday and I just saw that game for a dollar and thought it would be good for a laugh. I don't even remember a thing about it. So it failed even in that regard.

DUDE

I actually bought and played that. We were all bored as hell at my bday and I just saw that game for a dollar and thought it would be good for a laugh. I don't even remember a thing about it. So it failed even in that regard.

How times have changed. Look what you can get for that dollar now!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
DUDE

A shame...

btw, is that D from It's always Sunny in Philadelphia? :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
1. God damnit. I bought Amerzone on disc like 9 months ago because I wanted another Benoit Sokal game and it'd never come to Steam. I believe I also ended up buying it on GOG through a Groupees bundle shortly thereafter. ... wait a minute, maybe Groupees will give me a Steam key.

2. It's very annoying if you're the kind of person who buys a lot of cool emotes and kickin-rad BGs that you can't put either of those things on a wishlist. If it's something selling for a couple bucks you can place a buy order for 3 cents, and that's no problem, but I just wish there was a wishlist where I could watch the average price of some of this stuff to be a little more strategic about it.

Lomax

How is "Avg. Game Completion Rate" calculated? Do they take the average percentage of each game, or is it just the percentage of all achievements you've done? If a game has one achievement and you complete it, does that increase your average significantly because it's a 100%, or is it just one more achievement on the pile?

As far as I can tell, it's an average of the completion percentage of all games you have at least one achievement in. So yes, 100% in a game with only one achievement will bump you up. And getting one random achievement in a game with a hundred achievements will drop you down. Games you haven't played don't count though, nor do games without achievements.

Decided to quit and uninstall Van Helsing.

Game is great for the first couple hours.
But then it just turns into a slog. Huge maps, tons of enemy groups to shoot through, some rares, repeat.

I think I was near the end. Not sure what the level cap is but my partner already reached it and my reputation is also maxed out.

Locust

1. God damnit. I bought Amerzone on disc like 9 months ago because I wanted another Benoit Sokal game and it'd never come to Steam. I believe I also ended up buying it on GOG through a Groupees bundle shortly thereafter. ... wait a minute, maybe Groupees will give me a Steam key.

I just got a key today from the publisher, you can email them with the Groupees receipt. support at meridian4.com

Keys for Meridian4 stuff never pop up in bundles automagically, but they're pretty good about handing out keys if asked.

First come, first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- 3LYA0-5KPAE-D4G20
Sequence -- https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=2a54d20010f411e4bdfad5cfd6fb9ce3
Voyager (Desura) -- 38UPE-JY4PG-KFPYW-J76WJ-GI10T
Hostile Waters -- 7Q54A-5AWZW-DAKJT
Porradaria Upgrade (Desura) -- HRRQ7-OEVKU-WH3LI-PPK25-X3CLG
Flight of the Icarus -- https://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=236e49fa21c111e4b3f0376f5392a286
One Way Heroics -- https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=zsKpRNGb53HrX7ZN
Super Cyborg (Desura) -- JW4MN-EQY63-5537X-P5FSK-HWJSI
Ballpoint Universe -- 2NRWJ-QV3C5-J06KT

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The C stands for cat right? Show you a dangling mouse on a string and you can't help bit paw at it in boundless excitement :p

It stands for many things. It's versatile like that. ;)

As far as I can tell, it's an average of the completion percentage of all games you have at least one achievement in. So yes, 100% in a game with only one achievement will bump you up. And getting one random achievement in a game with a hundred achievements will drop you down. Games you haven't played don't count though, nor do games without achievements.

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom