• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

I actually have the same situation with Comcast and haven't tried it, but theorectially it should work. I'm sure it's possible, but if you are going to use your own router, probably should disable the wifi on the modem.

Otherwise you'll be Connecting two routers to your network. It may have gotten easier, but when I tried years ago, this was not fun.

interesting. I have AT&T Uverse internet and I know I'm probably a horrible human being for paying that company money but I took advantage of a special promotion. I say that to say that their modem is also their wireless router so theoretically I can get a better wireless router and hook up that wireless router to their modem/router hybrid and then hook up my pc to the better wireless router for better performance right?

sorry if I'm talking out of my ass, I'm not as technically inclined as I should be.

Yea this is correct. My setup is: AT&T combined router/modem plugged into the wall, but wifi is disabled. My much fancier wireless router is plugged into the modem/router, which is what my PCs/gadgets connect to. Hardwiring the devices into the router will pretty much always give you the least latency and best connection speeds but with quality, new wifi cards and routers you can get pretty close over wireless.

My router is like... 4 years old now, maybe 5, and in-home streaming is still playable for me, albeit not ideal enough to actually use considering I can just HDMI my gaming PC into my tv anyway.

Amzin

Finally finished (for the first time ever!)...

header.jpg

Was it one of the BEST GAMES EVER? I'd argue: Yes it most definitely is. The core mechanics are solid and the world is one of the best or the best around. So vast and interesting it is blowing my mind. I spend 45 hours on it doing nearly all the quests I could and I still know I'd have another 45 to finish the ones I couldn't (or didn't) and yet another 45 to finish them in a different way.

Of course, the vastness brings one downside. The game is bugged to death. There's the restoration project to fix some of those bugs (along including unfinished content!) but I was playing with the newest (new semi-official!) SFALL patch and I still ran into massive problems in places: I couldn't walk through a gate in NCR (had to reinstall and install newer SFALL as I had installed F2 so long ago), couldn't enter Vault 8 AT ALL (thank god for being able to press 5 at the map screen), couldn't enter some towns (half of Den, all of Modoc) with the game crashing, couldn't finish multiple quests and so on and so on.

Still, despite those, it was quite a ride. Now off to play some DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN

I haven't played FO2 in years, but I played through that game literally more times than anything I've ever owned or played, and I can't recall having problems like that. It kind of sounds like those "patches" may have made things worse in your case :p There were bugs for sure, but I never had any game-breaking ones.

KarmaCow

Finally finished (for the first time ever!)...

header.jpg

Was it one of the BEST GAMES EVER? I'd argue: Yes it most definitely is. The core mechanics are solid and the world is one of the best or the best around. So vast and interesting it is blowing my mind. I spend 45 hours on it doing nearly all the quests I could and I still know I'd have another 45 to finish the ones I couldn't (or didn't) and yet another 45 to finish them in a different way.

Of course, the vastness brings one downside. The game is bugged to death. There's the restoration project to fix some of those bugs (along including unfinished content!) but I was playing with the newest (new semi-official!) SFALL patch and I still ran into massive problems in places: I couldn't walk through a gate in NCR (had to reinstall and install newer SFALL as I had installed F2 so long ago), couldn't enter Vault 8 AT ALL (thank god for being able to press 5 at the map screen), couldn't enter some towns (half of Den, all of Modoc) with the game crashing, couldn't finish multiple quests and so on and so on.

Still, despite those, it was quite a ride. Now off to play some DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN

Fantastic game, holds up even better than Fallout 3.

maty

Finished Ducktales Remastered this weekend.

header_292x136.jpg

I like it but fuck the last section with the chains. Not only are you chased by lava but going from chain to chain is a pain in the ass.

Only missing the extreme difficulty achievement which I just tried. I went through the whole game to die at the end. Fuck whoever decided that was a good idea.

Now I have to start from the beginning, fuck you wayfoward!!

rickman-rage-gif.gif

taco543

Already have the game, love the game, but its REALLY tough. enjoy guys!
ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes I saw the sign
Life is demanding without understanding
I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes I saw the sign
No one's gonna drag you up to get into the light where you belong
But where do you belong

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AVGN Adventures -- MB-F04759B719642F99 - Taken by billmcdougal. 5 entrants total.

t1408991625z1.png

Andrefpvs

Have they said if there will be a 400 Days style-add on for The Walking Dead S2, or will they jump directly to S3? I'm thinking it's kind of strange how they're releasing episode 5 so quickly after episode 4.

Dr Dogg

If it's something PC gaming has taught lately is is that never ever buy indiegames at full price or less than 75% discount...

I don't know about never but that's your choice how you perceive value and what you chose to do with your money but if I see a game I like the look of, devs who have done a great job or just a company or individual I want to support I have no qualms paying full price. Sure these situations are less frequent than most of the smaller games I pick up but I know what the score is with these titles so I'm not going to be shocked if they end up being bundled at a later date.

Ibuki

Banned
New Walking Dead episode? I am one behind but I wanted to wait and marathon the last two. How am I supposed to watch Orange is the New Black and play games at the same time? :p

KarmaCow

If it's something PC gaming has taught lately is is that never ever buy indiegames at full price or less than 75% discount...

I don't know why you're limiting this to indie games. If you have other games that interest you already and you wont play the game right away, there's no point buying it at launch.

If you're worried about losing out on $3 when a game goes from 50% to 75% off 3 months later than you probably weren't interested in the game when you first bought it.

because Steam sucks and you think that EA is a total waifu

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freedom = $1.05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-7210C732626B944A - Taken by Majukun. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-733B04D4C2172E8C
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-7FD58304E5FE6CC0 - Taken by BigAT. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-4138060918A75F2A - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.

t1408991985z1.png

FloatOn

hey so this episode of the walking dead S2 is the last one of the season right?

I've been holding off since I like to play all of the episodes in a row. It's what I did with S1 and I loved doing it that way.

Grief.exe

Depends on how you see the value proposition. Do you see more value in paying more now, or a few months later when it is 30% off.

Some indie games will jump into a bundle fairly quickly, but the more popular ones will take some time to get cheap.

I did Transistor, Banished, and Divinity day one and those are among the best games of the year.

Miguel81

Finished Ducktales Remastered this weekend.

header_292x136.jpg

I like it but fuck the last section with the chains. Not only are you chased by lava but going from chain to chain is a pain in the ass.

Only missing the extreme difficulty achievement which I just tried. I went through the whole game to die at the end. Fuck whoever decided that was a good idea.

Now I have to start from the beginning, fuck you wayfoward!!

rickman-rage-gif.gif

Do you spend time collecting diamonds on your extreme run? I just avoided them to lessen the time it takes to get to DAT last section.

Edit: The NES original is piss easy compared to this game(especially on Extreme), and that's due to the enormous hitboxes.

Shantom

Half Minute Hero 2 on sale? Nice. Apparently all existing owners will get the soundtrack too (and the first game, but I imagine everyone who has HMH2 has the first already).

Benedict

FYI, your link has ?l=swedish appended to it. You may want to chop it off.

nah, enjoy our beautiful language.

And to all responding to my post.
I HAVE spent money on indies, sometimes several times on different formats (Vita FTW), it just aches a bit in me when I see game X in a bundle so quick after release...
I am not a wealthy man so I have to choose what I spend my money on.

maty

Do you spend time collecting diamonds on your extreme run? I just avoided them to lessen the time it takes to get to DAT last section.

Only until I unlock all art in the Gallery. So the next run I won't have to spend too much time collecting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom