• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so - BL2 runs better, looks better and feels a lot more varied.

its more of the same, both games are great, but you might want to space them or you'd get tired.

If you want more shooting and looting, yes. If you want deep storytelling and interesting quests, probably not.

Imo, BL2 is better than BL1 in every aspect - so I'd wait for the Presequel and play that instead of BL1.

BL1 is written better, IMO.

Alright thanks guys. Probably will wait a bit before I play it. I'll wait for the Pre-Sequel to go on sale and then try that one after.

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ingueferroque:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ingueferroque, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Full Bore -- MB-28D127DF422C5549 - Taken by adriano999

Dr Dogg

When STFU starts up it defaults to your highest registered resolution. Yeah I don't think there will be too much benefit of downsampling this from 3200x1800 but hey let's have a looks see hahaha.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If it's something PC gaming has taught lately is is that never ever buy indiegames at full price or less than 75% discount...
Unless you want to play them as soon as they are released, that is. I preordered AVGN Adventures and didn't regret it.

Monooboe

evilsoonenough_by_monooboe-d7wn1rr.jpg

Can't help but to feel slightly childish for lightly giggling, on the inside, at the thought of soon being at 666.:D

mannerbot

Is there a minimum time period between PMs like there is for posts? Sent two PMs in the same minute on mobile without realizing it but it looks like they went through ok.

Dr Dogg

Can't help but to feel slightly childish for lightly giggling, on the inside, at the thought of soon being at 666.:D

Resident Evil 4 was my 666th game on Steam. And I've just realised that only came out earlier this year and I've subsequently added 150+ games to my account since January. My purchasing habits are out of control!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is there a minimum time period between PMs like there is for posts? Sent two PMs in the same minute on mobile without realizing it but it looks like they went through ok.

It's 30, but mobile doesn't notify you. It just eats that extra PM.

hitoshi

Bore ahead

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Full Bore -- MB-F4E125574E2349AB - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 11 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Full Bore was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1409003505z1.png

Didn't win AC: Unity or DSII, damn. Oh well, it's like playing the lottery, I guess. Congrats to the winners, you lucky bastards.

Most of all, thanks, StAidan, you beautiful, glorious piece of human excellence.

vc51cdgd7a.gif

Monooboe

Resident Evil 4 was my 666th game on Steam. And I've just realised that only came out earlier this year and I've subsequently added 150+ games to my account since January. My purchasing habits are out of control!

Same here, I had 500 games last Wintersale.o_O Sure most are from bundles but still. Most Steam games at the end wins at life... right SteamGAF?:D

Lomax

Seeing The Bridge at 90% off is super tempting but it also makes me think it's a perfect candidate for the inevitable Humble Indie Bundle 12, which no doubt will come next week if I buy the game today.

liezryou

Well steam finally changed my wallet back to USD... after 5 days. That's 5 days a customer can't purchase anything from your store. Shape up gaben, shape up.

well, if anyone wants some consolation prizes i have those origin leftovers somewhere above me. Heck, i'd recommend Crysis 2 solely as a competent benchmark tool, if anything.

MetalDeer

Ah well, congrats to everyone who won, and thanks to StAidan for the giveaway. Divinity: Original Sin will be mine, one of these days.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dark Souls 2 - 98 entrants total.
Asscreed - 126 entrants total.

Daaamn.

And I still didn't win. But I guess that's okay, I hear it's a pretty big time sink and I have to move soon which is going to consume me. One day though...
probably after GFWL gets removed from the first one

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Any chance of Dark Souls 1 going on sale soon?

Figured I would ask before I drop $20 on it.

After 4 play throughs of Dark Souls 2, I think I just might be ready to experience the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom