• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

well, if anyone wants some consolation prizes i have those origin leftovers somewhere above me. Heck, i'd recommend Crysis 2 solely as a competent benchmark tool, if anything.

you see... I have bad news for you. We have superior benchmark tool coming soonish
I'm totally talking about Ryse, ya (><)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Full Bore -- MB-64B651EBEF68E1AA - Taken by Saty. 7 entrants total.
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-35A6BCE58EA55639 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 1 entrants total.

t1408994145z1.png

Nabs

And I still didn't win. But I guess that's okay, I hear it's a pretty big time sink and I have to move soon which is going to consume me. One day though...
probably after GFWL gets removed from the first one

Dark Souls will do something to you. I don't know what to call it, but it'll kill your desire to play anything else for a while. I hope they port it over to Steamworks so that more people can play it and go through that shit.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
come one come all, win the best game of all.
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Real Horror Stories Ultimate Edition -- MB-5EA57AA31A4CA419 - Taken by Mavromatis. 4 entrants total.

t1409004105z1.png

Dr Dogg

And I still didn't win. But I guess that's okay, I hear it's a pretty big time sink and I have to move soon which is going to consume me. One day though...
probably after GFWL gets removed from the first one

Do you mean Dark Souls 1 or Dark Souls II. As in game you didn't win?

FloatOn

Dark Souls will do something to you. I don't know what to call it, but it'll kill your desire to play anything else for a while. I hope they port it over to Steamworks so that more people can play it.

I know this was the case for me. It created an unrealistic hype for dark souls 2.

Objectively, dark souls 2 is a mixed bag though.

Monooboe

Awesome Giveaway.:D The game I most wanted to win was Steamworld Dig, I don't set my wants high it seems.XD (Unity is still day one purchase.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, uh, after four months, S2 Games (of Heroes of Newerth fame) responded to my ticket about the possibility of receiving a Steam key for Savage 2, telling me to contact "Stefan" specifically. I'll consider that a ray of hope.

Turfster

This might have been missed over the weekend while I was... indisposed.
Dirty Dozen Sale
  • Retro City Rampage 50% off
  • Gone Home 50% off
  • Democracy 3 75% off
  • Infested Planet 50% off
  • Sir, you are being hunted 50% off
  • Revenge of the Titans 75% off
  • Frozen Synapse 50% off
  • Bionic Dues 75% off
  • The Blackwell Epiphany 40% off
  • Loren the Amazon Princess 66% off
  • Defender's Quest 67% off
  • Beat Hazard Ultra 60% off

Congrats to everyone, especially Shovel Knight & Transistor winners, the 2 I wanted the most! Divinity and Bioshock were the only 2 others I went for. I even said Would You Kindly in the Bioshock email :X

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Dark Souls will do something to you. I don't know what to call it, but it'll kill your desire to play anything else for a while. I hope they port it over to Steamworks so that more people can play it and go through that shit.
So true...

I have almost literally played nothing else since June lol.

I play an hour or two here and there in other games vs 3x-4x that in Dark Souls 2.

H1PSTER

1/128 chance of winning it.

Now I feel even more guilty.

Looks like I'll have to gift-it-forward in the next couple of weeks, what game is most wanted on STEAMgaf?

Edit:

So show I'm not one of those peeps.. I'm not trying to rub it in, it's just very likely that I'll end up giving away a copy in the future if it is wanted more then something else right?

StAidan

1/128 chance of winning it.

Now I feel even more guilty.

Looks like I'll have to gift-it-forward in the next couple of weeks, what game is most wanted on STEAMgaf?

Personally I'm still waiting to win one of those danged Divinity giveaways :) (I didn't enter my own.)

jblank83

Finally finished (for the first time ever!)...

header.jpg

Was it one of the BEST GAMES EVER? I'd argue: Yes it most definitely is. The core mechanics are solid and the world is one of the best or the best around. So vast and interesting it is blowing my mind. I spend 45 hours on it doing nearly all the quests I could and I still know I'd have another 45 to finish the ones I couldn't (or didn't) and yet another 45 to finish them in a different way.

Of course, the vastness brings one downside. The game is bugged to death. There's the restoration project to fix some of those bugs (along including unfinished content!) but I was playing with the newest (new semi-official!) SFALL patch and I still ran into massive problems in places: I couldn't walk through a gate in NCR (had to reinstall and install newer SFALL as I had installed F2 so long ago), couldn't enter Vault 8 AT ALL (thank god for being able to press 5 at the map screen), couldn't enter some towns (half of Den, all of Modoc) with the game crashing, couldn't finish multiple quests and so on and so on.

Still, despite those, it was quite a ride. Now off to play some DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN

Nice to see people playing classics. Despite trolling to the contrary. many of them are still highly playable and visually/acoustically entertaining. Games like Eye of the Beholder 1/2, Lands of Lore Throne of Chaos, the Ultimas, Fallouts, Baldurs Gates. These are games that are still relevant and fun and should be kept in our collective gaming memories.

I tried getting into Fallout and Fallout 2, but they're just too ancient for me. Props that you got through it, but the whole isometric perspective just doesn't work with me.

On an unrelated note, I decided to put my 2DS to the side for a bit and play Alice: Madness Returns. So far, it's a pretty generic action game, but the visuals are outstanding.

19680_2014-08-25_0002lrot1.png

Purkake4

Banned
Finally finished (for the first time ever!)...

header.jpg

Was it one of the BEST GAMES EVER? I'd argue: Yes it most definitely is. The core mechanics are solid and the world is one of the best or the best around. So vast and interesting it is blowing my mind. I spend 45 hours on it doing nearly all the quests I could and I still know I'd have another 45 to finish the ones I couldn't (or didn't) and yet another 45 to finish them in a different way.

Of course, the vastness brings one downside. The game is bugged to death. There's the restoration project to fix some of those bugs (along including unfinished content!) but I was playing with the newest (new semi-official!) SFALL patch and I still ran into massive problems in places: I couldn't walk through a gate in NCR (had to reinstall and install newer SFALL as I had installed F2 so long ago), couldn't enter Vault 8 AT ALL (thank god for being able to press 5 at the map screen), couldn't enter some towns (half of Den, all of Modoc) with the game crashing, couldn't finish multiple quests and so on and so on.

Still, despite those, it was quite a ride. Now off to play some DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN
Check out Underrail on Steam, it's pretty much a modern-day Fallout 2.

Nice to see people playing classics. Despite trolling to the contrary. many of them are still highly playable and visually/acoustically entertaining. Games like Eye of the Beholder 1/2, Lands of Lore Throne of Chaos, the Ultimas, Fallouts, Baldurs Gates. These are games that are still relevant and fun and should be kept in our collective gaming memories.
If only anyone played Fallout Tactics :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom