• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I tried getting into Fallout and Fallout 2, but they're just too ancient for me. Props that you got through it, but the whole isometric perspective just doesn't work with me.

On an unrelated note, I decided to put my 2DS to the side for a bit and play Alice: Madness Returns. So far, it's a pretty generic action game, but the visuals are outstanding.

19680_2014-08-25_0002lrot1.png

I was so impressed with the game's visuals that I bought the art book. It's the only art book I own... though I would have bought the Portal 2 one if Valve didn't can it.

Funilly enough, the game crashes on the start-up.

A game that can't be played? Sounds like my kind cup of tea. ;)

Perun

On an unrelated note, I decided to put my 2DS to the side for a bit and play Alice: Madness Returns. So far, it's a pretty generic action game, but the visuals are outstanding.

That's what I think as well. The first Alice game had such an amazing atmosphere and character/level design, Madness Returns is a pale shadow of that game.

Parsnip

Any chance of Dark Souls 1 going on sale soon?

There's a Namco sale at GMG at the moment and Dark Souls looks to be -66%, and you can top that off with the -20% voucher ( Z4364W-7MR5WA-N5BCOO ). It's been cheaper, and it will be cheaper come next Steam sale, but if you need it right away, that seems like the current best bet.

Anteater

alice madness returns while simplistic, controls really well and they did good at what they set out to do, I wish they were given another chance at an AAA game because I think they did really well with Alice.

Wok

It is so weird to own almost a thousand games. I can still remember the time I had about 400 games and knew which games I owned and which games I did not own. Nowadays, I discover games by looking at my library entries, or by launching idleMaster.

Egamer

I tried getting into Fallout and Fallout 2, but they're just too ancient for me. Props that you got through it, but the whole isometric perspective just doesn't work with me.

19680_2014-08-25_0002lrot1.png

One of my favourite games really. Loved the style and art of this game. And the combat is pretty too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
never picked it up because almost every impression i've read of it is "it's good, just bloated."

aint got time for no bloated fairy tale.

While the game certainly isn't lacking in content, I'd say that the only portion that dragged on for me were the dollhouse levels as they're drab and uninspired.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-7ED2B15E070426C5 - Taken by lukiluk. 1 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-CACB786D6524AF76 - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-EF019975105A445E
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-68B04BFDF2BC2B3E - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Mini Ninjas -- MB-2181FEA690121AC6
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-9B3C8725AD5EF574 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.

t1408996724z1.png
Some stuff.

Dr Dogg

Man watching the replays in Super TIME Force when you get to a boss and you have 20 Jef's wrecking him up in 10 seconds flat looks super hectic.

man spec ops the line looks fantastic

It's got some iffy bits but for a UE3 game it looks pretty sweet. Some great art direction in that game.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Both games are good fun :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Full Bore -- MB-DF3D276EA63CBC0D - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 5 entrants total.
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-D2107CC4D03A9617 - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.

t1408996964z1.png

Anteater

Yeah, its look was the only good thing about it. :p

but I was told the story is awesome once I get to the end!

Although I kind of like it so far, nothing impressive but nothing exceptionally bad.

It's got some iffy bits but for a UE3 game it looks pretty sweet. Some great art direction in that game.

yeah I was surprised at the art direction, my first impression playing multiplayer on ps3 (ps+) was not so good

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you mean Dark Souls 1 or Dark Souls II. As in game you didn't win?

Yeah sorry for the confusion, I meant I'll probably buy Dark Souls II after Dark Souls (1) gets a Steamworks patch. I know the story line isn't really related, but for some reason I can't bring myself to buy and play through 2 without having played the first
although I did play Demon Souls on the PS3

Darkroronoa

Looks like i finally did it, i reached the level that i go to check a game to buy only to find out that i already own it.
Now to reach the level that i add to the cart a game i already own.

The bridge is 90% off at $1.00, at that price I'd probably be a hell of a cheapskate not to buy it, but any recommendations from GAF anyway?

Copons

You are still a good person.

DON'T YOU DARE call me a good person.

That's not true, the story was really good for the kind of game it was.

Man, I couldn't disagree more. I really loved that game. Gameplay was only "okay" I'll admit that but everything else was great

but I was told the story is awesome once I get to the end!

Although I kind of like it so far, nothing impressive but nothing exceptionally bad.

Look, I've already discussed it on these very pages (several months ago, though) and the only thing I've learned is that its story is one of the love or hate kind, and I may have found it unamusing because I live in a country with basically zero militay importance and the whole army/hero/consequences thing, for me, is just something I see in movies, therefore I really can't relate at all with its themes. :)

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Speedball 2 HD -- MB-7CEFE21147A7E72F - Taken by Gunstarheroes
Echo of the Wilds -- MB-C5BDB7B6460471DE - Taken by Sendou

Arthea

Looks like i finally did it, i reached the level that i go to check a game to buy only to find out that i already own it.
Now to reach the level that i add to the cart a game i already own.

I wonder how that level is called when you go and buy it... repeatedly.
(._.)

Arthea

The bridge is 90% off at $1.00, at that price I'd probably be a hell of a cheapskate not to buy it, but any recommendations from GAF anyway?

As I said many times earlier, it depends, do you like puzzle games that make you think and rotate things in your head, just to find out that you were wrong all along?
just kidding
it's a nice game, weird but nice, unless you don't like puzzle games at all.

Anteater

Look, I've already discussed it on these very pages (several months ago, though) and the only thing I've learned is that its story is one of the love or hate kind, and I may have found it unamusing because I live in a country with basically zero militay importance and the whole army/hero/consequences thing, for me, is just something I see in movies, therefore I really can't relate at all with its themes. :)

I think there's a high potential that I won't like it much, usually the story just fly over my head in these games.

I mean I'm not really sure what's going on right now other than shooting people in the head :D

Fox318

This might have been missed over the weekend while I was... indisposed.
Dirty Dozen Sale
  • Retro City Rampage 50% off
  • Gone Home 50% off
  • Democracy 3 75% off
  • Infested Planet 50% off
  • Sir, you are being hunted 50% off
  • Revenge of the Titans 75% off
  • Frozen Synapse 50% off
  • Bionic Dues 75% off
  • The Blackwell Epiphany 40% off
  • Loren the Amazon Princess 66% off
  • Defender's Quest 67% off
  • Beat Hazard Ultra 60% off
Was Loren the Amazon Princess taken off steam for a bit?

Mozendo

Man, I envy you. Getting to bounce in that Mako all over again...good times.
I really do not want to play this game for the third time, espescially since I'm trying to 100% the game

I lost my NG++++ 20 hours-on-the-current-playthrough save. Does that help? ;~;
I'm so sorry for you loss (´;ω;`)
What bothers me the most is that both of my saves got corrupted. This is the type of problem I was trying to avoid.

Also if someone is familiar with the Mass Effect 2 save editor, does this seem alright? It'd mean so much to me.

At least it wasn't 96 hours, haha.
Wow, didn't know people put that much into ME1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom