• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Syberia got cards.

Starring: Retro Lara Croft's sister.

JaseC

Wow, didn't know people put that much into ME1

Oh, I've no idea if you can squeeze that much out of the game; it's what I lost of Black Flag last year. Needless to say that these days I'm particular about backing up my Uplay game saves.

Nabs

I just don't see the appeal in watching other people play games when I can play myself.

twitch is dumb.

I can't play Dark Souls with my feet (and an arcade stick), but some weirdo on Twitch can.

I like twitch a lot. It's a nice way to check out games before you buy 'em.

ViviOggi

Even ignoring the stellar narrative, which is symbiotic to the gameplay, Spec Ops is a way more competent TPS than, say, the ME series. It's no Vanquish or Max Payne 3 but more than functional.

Grief.exe

Steam has 75 million active monthly users as last reported by Valve, not just 75 million users worldwide.

I just don't see the appeal in watching other people play games when I can play myself.

twitch is dumb.

More about selling the personality than actually watching the game.

The gameplay gets them in the door, the personality keeps them coming back.

I don't really watch Twitch streams, I would prefer playing a game.

As I said many times earlier, it depends, do you like puzzle games that make you think and rotate things in your head, just to find out that you were wrong all along?
just kidding
it's a nice game, weird but nice, unless you don't like puzzle games at all.

I was a big fan of Echochrome on PS3 so I'm hoping I get the same sort of vibes from this one. Bought, thanks!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Bloodrayne 2 (GOG) -- MB-ECFC816435CFE1C2 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.

t1409009325z1.png

Dr Dogg

twitch is dumb.

Complete strangers or peeps on the internet? Sure I'm not really too bothered about what they're doing.

Friends and family? Nah that's still entertaining as hell. Me and one of my mates played through the better half of Fallout 3 high as kites over the course of one rather hazy weekend when he was back home. Was funny as hell watching each other take it turns and swap over when we copped it, which being in the state we were even in an easy game like FO3 was quite often.

Tizoc

Has anyone even listened to the OSTs given with Groupees bundles? I mean it's nice that they're giving these indie musicians some exposure but I have yet to dl any of those albums outside World 1-2...

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, nice. Didn't realize the version of Heileen 3 in the Groupees bundle was the deluxe version.

Now I have access to the "version with OST, wallpapers, chibi, and more"
Heileen 3 Bonus Content includes:
Full game soundtrack in MP3
Wallpapers of all the characters
Chibi used in the game at higher resolution

Excellent.

twitch is dumb.

It's sort of like TV, but live and with people talking over video games.

JaseC

also answering derExperte's doubts about how cool it is when a cat eats your foot

I remember the first time I went to my high school girlfriend's house and she was introducing me to her pets; we got to one of the cats and she began telling me how much of a dick it was, reeling off a bunch of stories about how it'd viciously attacked friends and family. We were 16 at the time so of course I had to sleep in the spare bed whenever I stayed over there (my parents were more realistic about that) and the aforementioned cat would always jump on the bed and stay there the rest of the night, which petrified me because I was worried any sudden movements would set it off. Eventually I realised it loved me (I've always had an almost Ace Venturaesque rapport with animals for some reason), but even so I never felt entirely comfortable around it, haha.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I remember the first time I went to my high school girlfriend's house and she was introducing me to her pets; we got to one of the cats and she began telling me how much of a dick it was, reeling off a bunch of stories about how it'd viciously attacked friends and family. We were 16 at the time so of course I had to sleep in the spare bed whenever I stayed over there (my parents were more realistic about that) and the aforementioned cat would always jump on the bed and stay there the rest of the night, which petrified me because if I was worried any sudden movements would set it off. Eventually I realised it loved me (I've always had an almost Ace Venturaesque rapport with animals for some reason), but even so I never felt entirely comfortable around it, haha.

JaseC: Pet Detective ;)

Ozium

I wanna get STFU but only have 10.46 in mah steam wallets and I wanna get The Bridge and Tower of Guns as well... how many KEYS are the russians selling STFU for?

Dr Dogg

I remember the first time I went to my high school girlfriend's house and she was introducing me to her pets; we got to one of the cats and she began telling me how much of a dick it was, reeling off a bunch of stories about how it'd viciously attacked friends and family. We were 16 at the time so of course I had to sleep in the spare bed whenever I stayed over there (my parents were more realistic about that) and the aforementioned cat would always jump on the bed and stay there the rest of the night, which petrified me because I was worried any sudden movements would set it off. Eventually I realised it loved me (I've always had an almost Ace Venturaesque rapport with animals for some reason), but even so I never felt entirely comfortable around it, haha.

I'm sure there's a "no heavy petting" joke in there somewhere.

Tizoc

Having gotten back to using idle master, I have so far accumulated an app. of $40.
I hope to make at least $10 more thanks to this miraculous software. I lift my drink to you sir
Obama-wine-toast.jpg

Oh. I won Double Dragon Neo. Realy nice of StAidan :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-964C38A253828CED - Taken by Ryne

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of alr1ght, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Real Horror Stories Ultimate Edition -- MB-5EA57AA31A4CA419 - Taken by Mavromatis. 4 entrants total.

t1409004105z1.png

yatesl

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yatesl, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Anomaly 2 -- MB-309B3FD9B4F43B43 - Taken by fernandes. 7 entrants total.
Full Bore -- MB-7C0A54581824E2DF - Taken by Mr.McFist. 12 entrants total.
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure -- MB-A20B0895E91799EB - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-19F39741F6600F2E - Taken by Hip Hop. 1 entrants total.

t1409011665z1.png

So with Amazon buying Twitch, does my Prime subscription get me anything? Like the ability to not have my saved streams muted despite only playing in-game music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom