• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thefuck4mu2l.jpg
woo hoo :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Night Shift -- MB-96E3DF38B5ADFEF7 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe
Lucius -- MB-F3BE1B78142FF8E4 - Taken by SSPssp

Still don't understand why some keys sell for well over their official price of $2.49 in the community market. I wanted to try and swap a couple of TF2 keys I have for CSGO keys so I could try my luck with cases but every trader values CSGO keys higher than TF2 ones :|

Meanwhile, Heileen 3 card prices are crashing. Listed one card for 93c (yea, long shot, but it was the lowest price) and went to have a snack. Came back and the going price was 18c.

Still don't understand why some keys sell for well over their official price of $2.49 in the community market. I wanted to try and swap a couple of TF2 keys I have for CSGO keys so I could try my luck with cases but every trader values CSGO keys higher than TF2 ones :|

Meanwhile, Heileen 3 card prices are crashing. Listed one card for 93c (yea, long shot, but it was the lowest price) and went to have a snack. Came back and the going price was 18c.

The steam marketplace is the best, so many people sell low and buy high.

And I always do buy orders for $2.40 for GO keys, every ninety minutes or so, I get one.

Volimar

So you guys were right about Might & Magic: Duel of Champions. It's so pay to win. Goin up against people with loads of uniques high powered cards. And the campaign was so enjoyable. Too bad you have to get multiplayer wins to progress.

Hearthstone never really felt that way to me. Sure there's loads of legendaries I'd like to have, but you can win games without them. Trump even has f2p deck videos showing how you can win without paying.

Lomax

Pretty sure that was one of those "vote for us and get the game free" Greenlight games, maybe they think people who got a free game will spend the 9 cents on DLC out of guilt or something.

Before the keys hit I saw quite a few buy orders for 25 cents (and even a few higher), I was really hoping to jump on some of those but they had already been long taken by the time I finally started getting my drops. There's just way too many cards in the set for them to hold any real value. But it's basically free money from a bundle I was happy to buy for other games, so I can't complain too much.

So you guys were right about Might & Magic: Duel of Champions. It's so pay to win. Goin up against people with loads of uniques high powered cards. And the campaign was so enjoyable. Too bad you have to get multiplayer wins to progress.

Hearthstone never really felt that way to me. Sure there's loads of legendaries I'd like to have, but you can win games without them. Trump even has f2p deck videos showing how you can win without paying.

All collectable card games by their very nature are "pay to win." Hearthstone is just fairly generous will free currency you can pay with. I picked up a couple of the Duel of Champions decks during the summer sale, been meaning to give it a shot. Are the mechanics fun?

-MD-

I remember being hyped for that when the trailer came out last year. I can't believe it's still not out yet. Valve time vortex and all that, I suppose. Oh well, I'm still hyped.

I'm surprised it's only been a year since that trailer, feels like 2.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pretty sure that was one of those "vote for us and get the game free" Greenlight games, maybe they think people who got a free game will spend the 9 cents on DLC out of guilt or something.

I've already proven that I'll buy anything on Steam for $0.09. Whatever this is, it's no exception
I've already bought it

Chariot

I meant rolling you around, not your lovely cat
Please, don't be female too. Please, don't be female too. Please, don't be female too.

Tellaerin

Wow, Vorcha live in Skyrim.

It's a Bethesda game. If looking for head replacements and face retexture mods wasn't the first thing you did, you're doing it wrong.

Rbz0Oqb.jpg

"The hell is happening here?"

also it's a SHE, my dear Chariot. you should have already figured it out from her "bitch i'm fabulous" look.

Woo needs to get back from learning to program so the two of you can battle for cat avatar supremacy.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Because there was some recent talk about account security and password managers I'd like to mention that today you can get a 1-year premium subscription to LastPass for free. Premium isn't necessary unless you really want some more authentication options and mobile access. The free version is plenty for desktop/laptop use. But mobile access is useful and this might be enough to push some people over who still need it to beef up their account security.

This works for new and existing users. link

edit: and another 6 months here

Doesn't work for existing users. :/

Volimar

All collectable card games by their very nature are "pay to win." Hearthstone is just fairly generous will free currency you can pay with. I picked up a couple of the Duel of Champions decks during the summer sale, been meaning to give it a shot. Are the mechanics fun?

That's the thing, the mechanics really are enjoyable. But that enjoyment gets a little tarnished when you're constantly beat down over and over by people with a lot more disposable income than you. Maybe if the matchmaking were better...

But as it is, my interest is flatlining.

Tizoc

Yo jshackles, ever since I started using Enhanced Steam, Chrome never saves the cookies when I GO to the Steam website. This means I gotta log in every time I want to access my inventory. Because of the lack of cookies I am unable to use the newer versions of idle master.

Tellaerin

That's the thing, the mechanics really are enjoyable. But that enjoyment gets a little tarnished when you're constantly beat down over and over by people with a lot more disposable income than you. Maybe if the matchmaking were better...

That's the idea - being beaten down like that is supposed to inspire you to put down some real money of your own in hopes of being competitive. : /

Bluth54

I remember being hyped for that when the trailer came out last year. I can't believe it's still not out yet. Valve time vortex and all that, I suppose. Oh well, I'm still hyped.

It's getting close. McVee posted that the video was basically done besides some clean up work back in June, and the map that they are going to ship with the update, CP_Snowplow, has been in semi-public and public beta testing for awhile and it does feel close to being finished.

Volimar

That's the idea - being beaten down like that is supposed to inspire you to put down some real money of your own in hopes of being competitive. : /

Yeah, I figured. Just makes me give a deep sigh and move on to another game.

Trying idlemaster for the first time, and it works great, thank you jshackles! Hope it give me some foils.

Between jshackles and stump, SteamGAF is really spoiled. Honorable mention to MrOrange for the consistently amazing OPs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yo jshackles, ever since I started using Enhanced Steam, Chrome never saves the cookies when I GO to the Steam website. This means I gotta log in every time I want to access my inventory. Because of the lack of cookies I am unable to use the newer versions of idle master.

Do you have Chrome set to use cookies? Settings -> Advanced -> Content Settings -> Cookies -> "Allow local data to be set (recommended)"

Be sure that's checked.

I'm gonna jump onto the CS:GO server for a bit if people want to join. Maybe make an informal game night out of it.

New players are totally welcome. It'll be a good time to get some practice in for a real game night.

Copons

I meant rolling you around, not your lovely cat
Please, don't be female too. Please, don't be female too. Please, don't be female too.

nope, sorry, male here.
also because there are no gurls on the internet

I'm sorry, I had to ... it's just TOO perfect xD

But it's actually a pleasure seeing a little bit of fluff instead of the usual omnipresent blondie gal.

Woo needs to get back from learning to program so the two of you can battle for cat avatar supremacy.

Woo needs to come back for every kind of reasons really. :'(

But yeah, I'm kind of planning of making my cat run for cat supremacy, as I feel internet is a big enough place for Maru, Nyan, Grumpy, Keyboard and now BRODO SWAGGA 41 (all caps) too, also best name ever I know thank you very much.

Man that whine about twitch being bought by google..turns out its amazon lol

Yeah, lately internet is full of extreme plot twists thrown all around the place.
now if only gamers learned to deal with stuff in a more calm and adult fashion...

Lomax

I've already proven that I'll buy anything on Steam for $0.09. Whatever this is, it's no exception
I've already bought it

I refuse to pay attention to my DLC count. I've got to draw the line somewhere.

Yeah, it's the common problem all games in the genre tend to suffer from. And since it ends up driving away newer players, it's hard to have good matchmaking as well. I'll give it a shot at some point but I'm years past my days of sinking money into games like that so I'll probably end up hitting the same wall you did. The wall I hit in Hearthstone was more one of boredom though, the mechanics just weren't interesting enough for me even though as a long time WoW player I loved the setting and initially it was a blast. Haven't tried the new single player stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom