• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

Same thing happened to me with New Vegas. I played it first, many years ago now. Loved it but couldn't play fallout 3 after. But that may be due in part to how abysmal the setting in 3 is compared to New Vegas.

If I play a Fallout game(never have) I'd go straight to New Vegas and skip 3 too. I'm a fan of Obsidian now from having played Planescape and Kotor II.

Miguel81

What's the deal with Gamersgate having all of these Tages/Securom-infested titles. Do they have issues getting keys for Steam/Uplay? At least they have the decency to have that listed in the info section, but it's crappy when they have sales.

Does it matter if you take your own email out of the gift url? The recipient can still see your email in the email they get about the gift, as well as the gift window in Steam, IIRC.

donny2112

That's right. Take it off.

Great. Thanks!

Edit:
Saw people asking about The Bridge earlier. I thought it was a decent puzzle-platformer game with the twisting, light/dark, rewind to undo mistakes mechanics. Good use of some puzzle-solving skills, then, and well-worth a buck. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (donny2112, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bridge -- MB-3DA0BF7D8E966945 - Taken by m3r4. 8 entrants total.

t1409032366z1.png

--pops in--

So thanks to Stallion Free and Turfster, I am -- for some reason -- attempting to close out 100% on TR2013.

During this fiasco, I have unlocked a character called Steph. I didn't recognize the girl like I did with the other characters you unlock for the survivors team... so I did a bit of digging.

From http://www.tomb-raider.wikia.com/wiki/Steph:
Steph was originally a character in the 2013 reboot of Tomb Raider. However her character was cut from the final release. She was a colleague of Lara's aboard the Endurance. Unfortunately, she became the first victim of the scavenger in the Scavenger's Den.

No official backstory was released, but she was mentioned several times in the demo and the trailer "Crossroads". Lara finds her body hung up in some sort of ritual and exclaims "Oh God, Steph!" Then, after the rest of the Endurance crew pulls her out of the bear trap, she immediately tells them that Sam has been taken by a man: "...Like the one who killed Steph." The rest of the crew is shocked to hear of Sam's kidnapping and Steph's death.

In the final game, Steph's body is still encountered in the Scavenger's Den, but Lara never refers to her by name, saying instead "Oh God, what happened to you?" Additionally, her character model is available to use in multiplayer upon becoming Level 24, and she is included in a piece of concept art depicting several Endurance crew members.

Someone liked this character enough that the character model was used to replace Jill Valentine in a mod for RE5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgvQqQE1sg

Just wanted to share that.

--pops out--

So I get right to the very end of the godawful jetpack dinosaur level in STFU, and this low battery icon flashes, and starts the whole level over.

Absolute bullshit.

So I get right to the very end of the godawful jetpack dinosaur level in STFU, and this low battery icon flashes, and starts the whole level over.

Absolute bullshit.

Whoa, is that some Eternal Darkness thing going on? This! Isn't! Really! Happening!

Edit It has come to my attention that it's perhaps the jetpack which has the low battery. In which case never mind.

So a dragon shows up in Skyrim, I'm hopping along a mountain running from its ice breath when I get the notice "Dragon Soul Absorbed"

Interesting I thought. Except for the fact I still had the dragon chasing me. Then I see not only is it a dragon, it's now an undead dragon, it's just the skeleton flying around, which eventually turns into an invisible dragon. I manage to kill the invisible dragon after some time and do not get another soul. Guess the game just wanted to give me one on credit.

While the dragon was visible and in skeleton form it was untargetable :(

Skyrim can be entertaining with all the bugs and non sense that happens, I was playing it some minutes ago and I sat down over some rocks and just watched three bandits getting wrecked by two mudcrabs, it was amusing.

Haunted

Skyrim can be entertaining with all the bugs and non sense that happens, I was playing it some minutes ago and I sat down over some rocks and just watched three bandits getting wrecked by two mudcrabs, it was amusing.
That's not a bug, just a bad leveling system. :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I am tempted to do the evil thing right now and enter for dark souls 2 because it's the only way I'd ever get it... yet it seems wrong to try and win something I'll most-likely hate when many people would love it... must not... be evil...

Sajjaja

I am tempted to do the evil thing right now and enter for dark souls 2 because it's the only way I'd ever get it... yet it seems wrong to try and win something I'll most-likely hate when many people would love it... must not... be evil...

huh? there's a DS2 raffle?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Nevermind... somehow I was on a really old page and the listed giveaway also wasn't updated to reflect the winners. Maybe I had loaded the tab but not seen it before I went to work? I guess I missed out.

Backlogger

I personally haven't seen many bugs on Skyrim to the point I can't recall the last one I saw (I know I have seen them in the past though). Most of the issues I have had with the game I wouldn't classify as bugs but more just janky combat issues.

That's not a bug, just a bad leveling system. :p

Then it fits in the non sense part. xD

I personally haven't seen many bugs on Skyrim to the point I can't recall the last one I saw (I know I have seen them in the past though). Most of the issues I have had with the game I wouldn't classify as bugs but more just janky combat issues.

So far I've found some bugs, like floating npc's and Lygia not wanting to stop following after I said to her leave me, anyway I installed the unofficial patch so I don't think I'll find many bugs. The combat indeed feels janky.

Jawmuncher

Has there been any recent articles about building a PC in the 500 range?
My friend want me to build one but i'm too lazy at the moment to start from scratch on that idea. So would rather work off a base.

Deitus

I have never been able to get into a Bethesda RPG. Oblivion, FO3, Skyrim, it all goes the same. I start out interested, I explore every nook and cranny of the first town, I start to hate the leveling system, then I lose interest and never come back to the game again.

Jawmuncher

I have never been able to get into a Bethesda RPG. Oblivion, FO3, Skyrim, it all goes the same. I start out interested, I explore every nook and cranny of the first town, I start to hate the leveling system, then I lose interest and never come back to the game again.

I never even manage to get that far.
I get past the opening explore a bit and lose all interest because the game just feels off to me.
I only managed to beat Oblivion and Skyrim since I had a friend play 75% of them while I sat there on the couch most of the time reading.

i3 or a cheap AMD CPU, with a 750, probably something like that.

Yeah that sounds about right.

Oreoleo

Has there been any recent articles about building a PC in the 500 range?
My friend want me to build one but i'm too lazy at the moment to start from scratch on that idea. So would rather work off a base.

Tom's Hardware always has good articles for this kind of stuff:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-pc,3854.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106.html

Hugstable

Banned
I never even manage to get that far.
I get past the opening explore a bit and lose all interest because the game just feels off to me.
I only managed to beat Oblivion and Skyrim since I had a friend play 75% of them while I sat there on the couch most of the time reading.

Yeah that sounds about right.

Make sure you use PCpartpicker also to find all those good deals if any are going on right now.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Lily Looking Through -- MB-16BFA0FDD26D3728 - Taken by Ventara

Anustart

Before I played Skyrim I had 0 interest in playing elder scrolls. I thought it was going to be Fallout: Melee Edition. But I'm glad the game was 5$ in the summer sale as I've already gotten 75 hours out of it and I've barely touched the main story!

My thief orc is a fun little guy to play. Sneaking up behind people and slicing throats makes for a good time. And as I've been playing, I slowly acclimate myself to other things. Just started messing with alchemy at 70 hours in and still haven't touched magic outside of using some healing spells.

I was going to kill the guy that was being interrogated by the thalmor until he told me he was in the guild. Then I knew it was my duty to protect him as best I could. Which, as it turns out, wasn't very well as he #Yolo'd off a cliff to tussle with a troll and promptly got brutalized.

Looking forward to both Fallout 4 and es6 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom