• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

I'm surprised it's only been a year since that trailer, feels like 2.

Yeah, I had to go and check the upload date. Can't believe it's been less than a year.

It's getting close. McVee posted that the video was basically done besides some clean up work back in June, and the map that they are going to ship with the update, CP_Snowplow, has been in semi-public and public beta testing for awhile and it does feel close to being finished.

Awesome. I don't keep up w/ TF2 much any more, so I didn't know how close to release it was. Thanks for the update.

Jawmuncher

Looks like i'll be draggin my feet back in here more often.
Since Snake seems to be a no show for Smash 4.

At least I have MGSV on steam now.

Tizoc

Looks like i'll be draggin my feet back in here more often.
Since Snake seems to be a no show for Smash 4.

At least I have MGSV on steam now.

As someone looking forward to Smash 4, I don't get what all the hullabaloo is about. My most hype moment for this game was it's reveal trailer confirmed it for 3DS. Yes it releasing on 3DS is my most hype moment about the game so far.

Jawmuncher

As someone looking forward to Smash 4, I don't get what all the hullabaloo is about. My most hype moment for this game was it's reveal trailer confirmed it for 3DS. Yes it releasing on 3DS is my most hype moment about the game so far.

wtf i dont have much to say to that.

Second week games this week right for the Humble Jumbo.
Any ideas what they could be yet?

Lomax

wtf i dont have much to say to that.

More Crusader Kings II DLC seems likely. Otherwise, the rest of the games are such a mish-mash that it really could be anything.

Rbz0Oqb.jpg

"The hell is happening here?"

also it's a SHE, my dear Chariot. you should have already figured it out from her "bitch i'm fabulous" look.

fXM2DYP.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The hypest moment for me was the Robin and Lucina trailer, just because it confirmed that Captain Falcon would be returning.

My dreams of a new F-Zero, or at the very least GX HD, are still viable.

Hmmm...Jumbo...Mumbo Jumbo...

Luxor Evolved and PC ports of the Banjo Kazooie franchise.

While you guys are all posting Copons' cat, why not go to the RPGmaker contest thread and play Brodzilla? It's featuring said cat as the fluffiest villain ever. And while you're there, play the rest of the games and post your reviews! :)

user237

Meanwhile, Heileen 3 card prices are crashing. Listed one card for 93c (yea, long shot, but it was the lowest price) and went to have a snack. Came back and the going price was 18c.

I managed to get $1.74 out of my Heileen cards before the crash. I guess that justifies spending a dollar on a bundle that didn't really interest me. At least Eschalon looks interesting.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So finished Risen 3 with 50 hours on the clock and if you like good ol Euro RPGs I highly recommend it. Had a great time with it :)

That song reminds me of a terrible memory back in middle school. Involving a really bad website.

Reminds me of when someone fell for it at University and didn't have earphones plugged in. lol

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'll make sure to bring you guys any impressions of interesting games coming to Steam I play at PAX. I usually spend a day of PAX playing most of the games at the indie booth, can't see this year being different.

Annubis

Heileen 3: New Horizons

First Impression
The main menu music is pretty nice.
I just checked and the OST is in the game files (since it's the complete edition).
The artwork and wallpapers included in there are not so great. The pinups aren't even titillating.

The 'test' (volume) for music in the menu is greyed out =/ not sure if it's a problem with me or the game. The volume selection works, so it's not really a problem or anything.

Not even 5 minutes into the game and I'm caressing my pussy in my quarters.

http://i.imgur.com/OQ5hIZx.jpg

The tutorial indicates that there are:
- 7 virtues and opposite the 7 deadly sins.
- Stats
- Basic skills
- Advanced skills
- Energy/rest
- Relationship

It pretty much sounds like a dating sim through and through.

The main interface is a bit boring to look at though:

At the rhythm I'm gaining skill points, the game looks like it will be pretty long.

KqWAc07.jpg

Curry eating pirate ?! wtf

There are a lot of references to the earlier games sadly and I'm a bit lost sometimes. I'm assuming I'll learn about the characters I'm supposed to know while playing eventually.

More when I get further...

Changing between using mods to max out Oblivion's draw distance and turning distant land off makes it look like a different game.

For those that have played Betrayer, it's like going between the dark and light worlds. Super creeps.

Jawmuncher

I'll make sure to bring you guys any impressions of interesting games coming to Steam I play at PAX. I usually spend a day of PAX playing most of the games at the indie booth, can't see this year being different.

Have you gotten hands on at all with Evil Within in the past?
Will that be at PAX? Thats what I want to hear impressions about the most from you.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Have you gotten hands on at all with Evil Within in the past?
Will that be at PAX? Thats what I want to hear impressions about the most from you.

Have not gotten my hands on it, and yes Evil Within demo is confirmed by Bethesda to be at PAX Prime. There's even a 4-hour Evil Within event happening there which I'll definitely be attending.

Public_Invite-The_Evil_WIthin_Experience.png

Annubis

I don't know if you've played many raising sims, but when it comes to skills, don't expect to get them all. You have to focus on a few.

Well, to get a profession ending, you need 10 in one advanced skill which requires one maxed basic skill and a half maxed other one.

Each level for a basic skill requires 50 xp and I get 2-3 for each day of training for now.
Training an advanced skill gives 4-5 for a day.
So just maxing one advanced skill would take at least 400 days at the current rhythm.

I'm assuming that there are bonus that get introduced later for training.

Tizoc

Do you have Chrome set to use cookies? Settings -> Advanced -> Content Settings -> Cookies -> "Allow local data to be set (recommended)"

Be sure that's checked.

Pretty sure it does since I mainly use Chrome for all my internet stuff, such as reading on NeoGAF. I don't store many cookies though.

Anustart

So a dragon shows up in Skyrim, I'm hopping along a mountain running from its ice breath when I get the notice "Dragon Soul Absorbed"

Interesting I thought. Except for the fact I still had the dragon chasing me. Then I see not only is it a dragon, it's now an undead dragon, it's just the skeleton flying around, which eventually turns into an invisible dragon. I manage to kill the invisible dragon after some time and do not get another soul. Guess the game just wanted to give me one on credit.

While the dragon was visible and in skeleton form it was untargetable :(

Hugstable

Banned
So a dragon shows up in Skyrim, I'm hopping along a mountain running from its ice breath when I get the notice "Dragon Soul Absorbed"

Interesting I thought. Except for the fact I still had the dragon chasing me. Then I see not only is it a dragon, it's now an undead dragon, it's just the skeleton flying around, which eventually turns into an invisible dragon. I manage to kill the invisible dragon after some time and do not get another soul. Guess the game just wanted to give me one on credit.

While the dragon was visible and in skeleton form it was untargetable :(

That's not a Dragon, that's a Cave Bear silly! :p

I really need to play the Skyrim DLC someday, want to see how they made Morrowind look in the Skyrim engine, don't know how well I remember Morrowind though since it's been quite a long time since I've actually played the hell out of it.

Bluth54

Awesome. I don't keep up w/ TF2 much any more, so I didn't know how close to release it was. Thanks for the update.

No problem. Snowplow feels like it's very close to shipping, I wouldn't be surprised if there are just a few more revisions to it and End of the Line ships sometime in September.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Heileen 3: New Horizons

There are a lot of references to the earlier games sadly and I'm a bit lost sometimes. I'm assuming I'll learn about the characters I'm supposed to know while playing eventually.

Count yourself lucky that you didn't play the first one. The third game looks way better, surprisingly competent even.

It's amazing how fast the Heileen 3 cards went to the standard basement price of about 60c for a set. It's not like there are vast amounts of the them on the market, people are just desperate to get those cents now, today!

Super Time Force is damn good. So much fun, very hectic and time loop mechanic makes for some fast-paced surprisingly strategic gameplay

Also best abbreviation for a game (STFU)

Miguel81

Oblivion really burned me out on the ES series a couple of years ago. I want to get the Skyrim set, but I don't know if I'll ever recuperate enough to play through it. First World Problems, etc., etc.

will wait for the crossover

STFU: TITS

I'll wait for a game to be abbreviated GTFO, then debate whether one should buy Trails in the Sky or that.

Oblivion really burned me out on the ES series a couple of years ago. I want to get the Skyrim set, but I don't know if I'll ever recuperate enough to play through it. First World Problems, etc., etc.

Skyrim is better than Oblivion. I had the good fortune to play Skyrim first, but had I started with Oblivion, I'd probably be right beside you.

Anustart

Same thing happened to me with New Vegas. I played it first, many years ago now. Loved it but couldn't play fallout 3 after. But that may be due in part to how abysmal the setting in 3 is compared to New Vegas.

Hugstable

Banned
Same thing happened to me with New Vegas. I played it first, many years ago now. Loved it but couldn't play fallout 3 after. But that may be due in part to how abysmal the setting in 3 is compared to New Vegas.

Is it wrong that I consider Fallout New Vegas to be the real Fallout 3? Fallout 3 just never did it for me, had very little sidequests, those horrible sewers and just wasn't anywhere near as good as it's predecessors. I'm just glad that after all that, we still got New Vegas which totally made up for Fallout 3. Everyone always wants a Fallout 4 announcement, but I would only really want it if Obsidian made it.

Steamworld Dig is really good.

Also a pretty amusing reference.

I dug up a mineral called Zoisite.

iN7JsOBtXWTmt.gif

Yeah there's an actual mineral named zoisite but in-game it looks like the black crystal..only pink......Let me have my fun dammit.

I can't go back to Oblivion. It's a shame really because the quest storylines are superior to Skyrim, everything else though...ehhh..

Volimar

Oblivion was so good when it came out. Now looking at those stretched face characters, I kind of cringe.

I wish someone would show up at my door and mod skyrim for me. I'm so clueless, I just feel like I'll mess it up. I mean, I couldn't get idlemaster to work without help.

Mono

I just got the new Steam client! A little late! \o/

I don't have any blue since I'm using Metro, and I'm not sure how I feel about the new icon. It blends in with the colour of my desktop background mixed with the task bar, so it doesn't look good. I'm sure it's fine normally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom